Spiderman Homecoming X reader

By stardust159

"I'm ok with being just a friendly neighbor hood Spiderman at the moment." Set after Spiderman Homecoming (s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Note
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter: 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
My Design
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Credits
Concerning other Marvel books
Other Books
Avengers Infinity War
PLEASE HELP! STOP EU ARTICLE 13
WE DID IT!!
We Lost...

Chapter 20

12.7K 494 361
By stardust159

NEW CRIMINAL STALKS THE STREETS! GREEN GOBLIN!

Staring at the news paper article with a blank expression Peter's mind was in turmoil. So, the Goblin had finally made the news. Caught by the click of a camera rather than Spider-Man though.

"Why now?" Peter asked himself out loud, his voice croaky. He'd been crying.

Sat in his room on the bottom bunk, knees pulled to his chest like the child he was, staring at the newspaper that had been waiting on the counter when he got home. Along with a note from May saying she wouldn't be home until very late.

The Goblin was now public and the two students he had attacked were his friends. Leading Peter to the undoubtful conclusion, that the Goblin knew he was Spider-Man was. But how? When? Why was he attacking his friends rather than him? The Goblin's strong hatred for Spider-Man couldn't merely be a result of him not accepting a life of crime. What other motif could he possibly have?

Now because of Spidermans mistake, Peter Parker's friends were suffering.

Throwing the paper across the room in a weepy rage the bandage on Peter's arm became loose. Untying it to retie it however he found his cut had healed. With wide eyes he hastily removed the bandage on his leg as well, to find that cut had also healed.

"These should have taken weeks to heal..."

His spider powers came with many benefits. But it didn't help him much at the moment. If only everything could be as easily fixed as those now healed cuts.

The apartment was quiet and lifeless, the exact opposite of what someone wants when they want their loved ones to be safe. The only other people Peter would consider being a target would be his Aunt May and (Y/N). But Peter had already got a text from May saying she'd made it to her friends house and when she came home her friend would be with her, meaning the Goblin shouldn't attack. 

And Peter assumed the Goblin had found out who his friends were through his social media. As although MJ hadn't claimed to know Spider-Man online, she was still titled as friends with Peter on many social media sights. But (Y/N) wasn't listed as his friend on any social media. And so Peter was happy to let the Goblin believe he was a loner with only two friends.

And the last possible target was Harry. But he'd only been talking to him through email. Regardless Harry lived in a mansion with the best security, so he too, at least for now was safe.

Leaving Peter to a night alone.

********************

"No one yet knows whom the nicknamed 'Green Goblin' is. But all civilians are currently advised to maintain there distance as the police try their best to apprehend the criminal. In other news...

"Terrible isn't it?" Maurice commented shifting in his seat.

"Sure is. Kids can't do anything nowadays." Silas grumbles say next to (Y/N) "if girls walk down the streets they get sexualized, boys aren't allowed to show emotions and now none of you can even do the things you like without the risk of some terrorist or masked criminal."

"But then you've also got charities that help people, and people like Spider-Man and the Avengers." (Y/N) pointed out.

"See this is why you're the optimistic one." Silas smiled rufling her hair "Its reassuring to know the world hasn't gotten to you yet."

"Well if anything's going to make me loose my mind it'll be you two and not the world."

"Hey you cheeky little madam (!)"

It was then (Y/N) heard her phone going off in her room.

"Back in a second."

Getting up she heard Silas mumble to Maurice.

"Turn this depressing shit off, see if there's a comedy on or something."

Picking up her phone she answered before the ringing stopped.

"Hello?"

"Uh I'm h-hi (Y/N), look I'm sorry it's late but-

"Oh hey Pete! And what are talking about? Its only seven."

"It is? I thought it was a lot later..."

"Peter what's wrong? I can tell by your voice you've been crying."

"I have, I haven't been crying."

"It doesn't make you any lesson of a man if you have. Now what's the matter? I want to help."

Admittedly a phone call from Peter was one of the last things (Y/N) had expected tonight. But in a sense she had been expecting At least something like a text, with his two best friends having been hurt and the dazed state he was in earlier.

"W-well... You know what I'm sorry I called its just that May's out and I'm on my own. And I'm just really worried about Ned and MJ and-

"Wait just one second."

"Oh umm o-okay."

The line went quiet and Peter just sat on his bed drumming his fingers on his leg. As he did his eyes started to water again. It was all getting too much. The Goblin, fearing for himself, his friends, May, who was his only family left. He'd just wanted to talk to someone and now he'd inconvenienced (Y/N), and it seemed as though she didn't have the time for him.

But was it safe to call her? Would the Goblin target her next? Surely if he wanted to keep his loved ones safe he'd be pushing them away, telling them to not come near him so that they don't get hurt. Not asking them to-

*KNOCK!* *KNOCK!* *KNOCK!*

Jumping at the banging on the door Peter clumsily got up wiping his watery eyes, knowing they'd still be red though, and opened the door. To see (Y/N) stood there panting furiously leaning on her knees.

"Its a good thing.... We only live a short bus ride away.... Otherwise..."

"Did you run all the way here!?"

"Well it's not like I flew (!)" She gasped straightening up.

At a loss for words all he could think of what to say was.

"I guess you better come in then." He gestured.

Happily accepting the invite (Y/N) stepped inside, Peter closing the door.

"So what's wrong?" She asked.

"You didn't have to come over."

"Of course I did. You sound and look like you're in bits Peter. And at times like that face to face is better than on the phone. So you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to, but I'm not leaving until you're at least feel a little better."

"It's just that... I don't think you'd understand..."

He wasn't sure how to tell her that he was worried about anyone involved with him because the Goblin would attack them, because he was Spider-Man.

"I'm here. I'm stood right here okay. You're not alone."

"I know I'm not alone but that's the problem."

"So what? You're worried about all of us? With Ned and MJ being attacked."

"Yes, yes that's exactly it. At the moment it just feels like everyone around me gets hurt. And that I should be doing more, trying harder to stop it."

He wasn't lying. But he was getting overwhelmed. Running his hands through his hair and his eyes watering again.

"Peter you're the same as me. We're just kids at the moment. You have the stupid pressure and stress of school along with your Stark internship, that's enough on your plate without blaming yourself for what happened to Ned and MJ. You don't have to carry the weight of the world."

"Well I feel like it is."

"Well I'm telling you its not."

Sighing Peter sat down his face in his hands. He knew this would happen. Be told it wasn't his fault when in reality it was.

"Listen Pete." (Y/N) sighed a little too "we've only been friends for just about three weeks now but it honestly feels like three years if I'm honest. And from what I've seen you're always busy, always got something going on. You need to take time for yourself."

"Time for myself?"

That was a concept alien to him now.

"Yeah, you know. Like watching YouTube, playing a video game, go and get that Jyn Erso Pop!figure I heard you talking to Ned about the other day."

All of her suggestions were very easy, he could easily do them in the evenings. And maybe he could start making swings and hammocks out of his webs again. Maybe do his typrope trick again.

"You really think doing little stuff like that would help?"

"Definately. Peter, looking after yourself isn't selfish."

No it wasn't. But Peter felt as though keeping his friends by his side was selfish. They had all been put in harm's way because of him. And he knew that they'd do anything for him, and yet he seemed to have failed to protect them. In his mind it was unfair of him not to keep his distance, keep them safe.

He could swear, kick up a fuss, insult her, tell her he never wanted to see her again. It would pain them both but at least she'd be safe. Along with his other friends. 

"Thank you for trying to help. But you haven't really. You're right we haven't known each other long do you don't know anything about me. So I'd like you to leave now."

Is what he felt as though he should have said.

"Thank you."

Was instead his simple reply.

After a hot drink and (Y/N) repeatedly asking to make sure Peter was okay, she eventually had to head home seeming though it was a school day tomorrow.

But as soon as she had left he suited up and swung out into the street. Silently following her as to make sure she wasn't attacked. But it seemed the Goblin was taking the night off tonight.

He knew he was being selfish. But he couldn't bare the thought of pushing his friends away.

I'm really glad I finally wrote this scene as I've been planning it for a while ^^ I've got internet back so I can reply to comments again. Thank you all for wishing me well I now feel a lot better. And... THIS BOOK HAS REACHED 14K!!!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 5K 51
A young orphan is in fact secretly a super hero what happens when she meets the friendly neighbour hood spider-man. Will they be enemies or team up...
133K 3.6K 9
Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, young Peter Parker returns home to live with his Aunt May. Under the watchful eye of mentor Tony Stark...
23.6K 578 10
Peter has a secret he's Spider-Man well that and he has a crush on his best friend. Peter struggles between school and hero life and is loosing hope...
25.9K 615 16
𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞�...