Temptation

By BeautifullyAwkward

I can honestly say he was my biggest temptation, he was constantly dragging me into these situations that sev... More

Preamble
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five- Alistair's POV
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter 11 (sorry lovelies, it's been a while)
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen (Late update, sorry hunny bunnies <3)
Chapter Fifteen!
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty - One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty -Three
Chapter Twenty - Four
Chapter Twenty - Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven !
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty Three! <33

Chapter Seventeen! (Finally!)

1.4K 37 16
By BeautifullyAwkward

This chapter is dedicated to Broken Wing Angel- who is my 70th fan! :D

She is totally awesome! :D

                                              _______________♥ ♥ ♥________________

There was an awkward silence followed after that. Fallon, what would happen if your dad was home? You’d be in so much trouble! Don’t let him come over, offer somewhere else.  The responsible side of my braid chided with authority. No! Don’t Fallon, let him come over! You guys can talk, and solve stuff more! So…! My not so responsible side butts in.

                Whatever, just be an adult! Follow your brain! My responsible brain says.

                Be something, and follow…your heart!

                “Um, sure…” I say, buckling my seatbelt, and letting down the window so I could get some air. I needed as much as I could get…

~*~

As usual my dad wasn’t home when we arrived. When he was though – all he did was sit upstairs in his office like a zombie. All I’d hear at night was the click, click, clicking of his keyboard. He occupied himself with work. I really don’t feel like it was long ago I went off, I really don’t think he let it go.

                I could tell I had a troubled look on my face by the way Alistair eyed me apprehensively.

                I’m fine…I think to myself in a huff, with a knit of my brow.

                I unlock the door to my house, pushing it open, and walking in. I immediately head for the living room- that was our designated working area. We weren’t going anywhere else but the living…okay maybe the bathroom if he had to pee, or the kitchen if we got hungry…but nowhere in the back of the house, and definitely not upstairs.

                I plop down in the middle of the floor. Alistair comes with all the crafts in his hands, and places them down, before digging around in his back pocket and taking out a folded piece of paper.

                He sits across me with a small forced smile, before unfolding the paper.

                He slowly passes it to me. “It’s just a sketch of what our Utopia should look like,”

                It was really nice. He had an eye for art I could tell – it was so professional. There were grids for the electricity and everything. There was a small city, and on the outer banks little towns. “Whoa,” I breathe, “This is…amazing.”

                “Thanks – it’s kind of the only entertainment I have…”

                I nod. “So, how exactly do you plan on building this?” I inquire.

                “Well, I was planning on making the buildings and homes out of clay, and painting them. Oh, and wiring them with electricity…using small Christmas lights of course. I have a very elaborate plan. I’ve been thinking on this since the day he handed it out.”

                “Oh,” It was a good thing I had Alistair as a partner! – I was barely thinking about it at all.

                “Okay, so shall we begin with clay buildings?”

                “Sure…” I say with a sigh.

                “Make sure they’re hollow in the middle. They’re actually going to be skyscrapers. ..”

                I nod; we begin making the little skyscrapers. It was actually pretty relaxing, the silence, the concentrated effort to make the skyscrapers perfect…

                 My stomach growling disrupts the stillness around us.

               Alistair’s eyes immediately look up from his skyscraper. “Wanna take a break?”

                I make a small smile and nod.

                “…I’m going to order a pizza and some wings. Topping suggestions?” 

              “Uh –,” he takes a pause and considers it – “No, get whatever you usually do. I’m not hungry.”

               That sure made me feel like a pig...!

                 I thought all guys were hungry. I think to myself with a knit of my eyebrows. “Alright, Bacon and Pepperoni it is!” I declare, taking my cell phone out of my back pocket. I dial the local pizza place and set an order. I take a seat on the sofa facing the TV, and turn it on.

                “Channel suggestions?”

                 “I don’t really watch TV…” he mumbles, continuing to work on his skyscraper. I mindlessly watch the TV not fully paying attention. I felt bad for lying on my back and watching TV while Alistair slaved away to do this project that was assigned to the both of us.

                The doorbell rings thirty minutes later, I smile, run to my bedroom and get money out of my piggy bank and return to the door. I open it, and hand the many a twenty and receive my change and food. I come back in the living room and sit the food on the coffee table.

            I flip back the cardboard container and pick up a slice of warm pizza. I smile in response my stomach growls, obviously my stomach couldn’t just wait for me to ogle the pizza!

            After about four slices – which I shamelessly shoveled considering it was as if Alistair wasn’t even here, I put the leftovers in some Tupperware, and put them in the fridge.

                “Sorry for taking that little break,” I knew it wasn’t a little – it was more like an hour.

                “No problem, we all needs a break sometimes,”

                My paranoia kicked in and I felt like there was some kind of hidden meaning behind what he was saying. There probably wasn’t – but I felt it was there. I ignored it, because sometimes it was wrong and sometimes it was right so all in all it was pretty much fifty-fifty.

                I got back on the ground and began to help sculpt more buildings, the silence was nice. It wasn’t uncomfortable but it wasn’t serene. It was just … normal. As I occasionally glanced up to see how Alistair was doing he to seemed normal. Even so to say he looked relaxed. His long eyelashes fanning out, covering his smoldering violet eyes –which I felt a desperate need to look into all of a sudden…

                Even when he says nothing he flusters me.

                My face heats up. I hate myself sometimes. I’m so indecisive. I don’t know what I want. I never really had a sturdy choice. I’m here. I’m there. I’m everywhere. I feel like I just turned into Doctor Seuss.

                I realize Alistair is looking at me with an inquisitive gaze.

                I shake my head, and we begin sculpting in silence.

                My buildings aren’t nearly as perfect as Alistair’s; I vocalize my frustration with a small grunt. Alistair looks up. “I just…I just don’t get them as perfect as yours, sorry for disturbing you. This is really relaxing though… but it’s really…er…”

                “No…it’s cool, I understand.”

                We sit for a minute, before my dads’ voice startles us both.

                My dad groggily comes down the stairs, rubbing his eyes.  His hair matted; he was in sweatpants and a loose fitted navy shirt. My eyes widen, and Alistair is up to his feet within seconds.

                My dad smacks his lips and looks around, scratching his stomach before his brain process what’s going on. “What in the Sam Hill! – What the devil! Boy I oughta!” my Dad lurches for Alistair, but in a fluid graceful movement he moves out of the way, which sends my dad running himself into the wall.

                My dad whips around. “Oh, hello Mr. Westlake, I was just leaving. Fallon and I were working on our Project. Sorry if things got a little noisy.”

                My dad looked like a wild animal, his eyes bloodshot –darted around like a mad man. He was crouched, almost in like a fighting position. “Um … well see you around Fallon,” he waves. “Oh, and can you keep the project here?”

                I nod as I watch him let himself out of the front door.

                “Missy you’ve got some explaining to do!” my dad demands.

                “Well, me and Alistair have the same classes together, and we had a project assigned to us. And we cannot pick partners…so…”

                “So what is that supposed to mean! Do you really think I’d want someone like him in my house? Are you out of your mind!”

                “Are you out of your mind? Look at you! Where have you been! I swear I haven’t seen you in days! Do you know how long days are? Twenty-four hours! Do you know how much anxiety can build up in a long twenty-four hours without knowing where your parent is without explanation? A lot! A lot of it can build up! It can suffocate you! And mentally kill you!”

                My dad is silent.

                “I’m sorry,” I whisper.

                “I’m sorry for all the low blows from months ago, but I…”

                “But you what Fallon?”

                “Nothing – I had nothing to say. But I am sorry…”

                “I’m sorry too.”

                After sitting in a relatively uncomfortable silence, I let my mouth break into a small smile. “Well, there’s some pizza in the blue Tupperware in the fridge.”

                “Oh…okay.”

_____________________

A/N: Super sorry for the short chapter! I just wanted to get something up, and creative juices weren't steaadily flowing for me! D:

</3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

979K 24.2K 55
❝ I should've listened to my heart. No matter how hard I've tried to push you away, everything leads back to you. My thoughts, the way my heart flutt...
421K 14.1K 44
Before you ask, no, I'm not some good girl that will let people walk all over me. I've been through some shit no girl(or anyone for that matter) shou...
3.3M 109K 42
Bad boys/ players. I hate them, they think they can just walk around and get any girl they want. Well hello, not every single fucken girl...
1K 126 42
~COMPLETED~ We were so close to each other. Another movement forward and our lips would meet. His beautiful blue eyes flicker at my lips and I just...