Anthology of the Realms, The...

By TheseWingedCreatures

Humans are despised in the Supernatural Realms. A thousand years ago, brutal and bloody wars came close to... More

Dedication
Contents
The Characters & Landmarks...
Prologue
It Begins with a Secret...
The Cold Light of Day...
An Unexpexted Greeting...
The Meeting...
Théoner meets the Human...
Everything Changes...

Enter The Great Hall...

41 2 0
By TheseWingedCreatures

•~⚜️~•

Our past defines our Greatness, our Greatness designs our future.
---TWC---

Théoner gazed up at the exterior of the antiquated building.  The architecture exquisitely detailed and rich in memory of bygone times.  The Great Hall is a monument of history, a proud dwelling even amidst the visible signs of decay.
The stone bricks once golden in hue, now bleached of life and stained from the elements.

Eleven Alphas from the eleven Werewolf Packs of the Realm, the original bloodlines, are honored in statue by ornate stone carvings, still in impeccable condition, set high on the facade of The Great Hall.

When the Supernatural Realms Untied in solidarity against the Human species, the Great Hall was built in tribute to all wolves who fought and lost their lives in battle....battles against the other Supernatural Realms and the Human Realm.   The laws governing the Werewolf Realm were discussed, agreed and passed by an elected council founded in this archaic hall.

The Grand Master and his Pack are the "keepers" of the Great Hall and it is their duty to uphold the laws passed centuries before.   The Grand Master is appointed by traditional Werewolf custom....a fight to the death, winner take all contest.

Werewolves are brutal creatures defined by strength and the ability to protect what's theirs. Pack life may seem unfair to outsiders but to a wolf, it's a secure and happy way to live.   Every member of the Pack knows their position and place.   Every Pack member understands their role and contributes to the group accordingly.

Everyone is accountable for their actions...there is NO excuse.

Stale and dank were the aromas that greeted The Reythyra Pack as they ascended the aged limestone steps, black with rot thanks to years of exposure from lashings of wind, sun and rain as they passed through the hulking doorway and into the ancient Hall.

The walls of the Great Hall were heavily decorated with murals, pictures and paintings depicting The Werewolf Realms past.   War battles, victories and victors dominated the scenes.

Gold and burgundy colours were the Great Hall's favour....dark and extravagant the style.    The lofty ceilings were adorned in outdated ceiling roses, yellowed from time....out of reach and forgotten.

The Great Hall was old and full of history, it resembled more of a museum now than a Pack house.   The architecture was ancient, grandeur and unquestionably beautiful, that the building itself demanded respect.

Alpha Théoner and his Pack were lead by Brinn down a long passage way towards the central meeting room.   Théoner's well-worn leather boots did not need to be reminded of the way as they walked on heavy woven floor runners, covering chiselled stone tiles....he'd been here before.

The council is made up of the eleven Packs that occupy The Werewolf Realm.   The Alpha, Beta and security team from each Pack convened the council each year.  The Packs all vary in size and in beliefs but they all co-existed harmoniously.   The one common thread that binds them, the one belief they all share, the one law that can never be broken, is their hatred for the Human species and to never allow a Human into the Werewolf Realm...alive.

Alpha Théoner barged his way past Brinn impatiently, sending him crashing into the ornate wall as he pushed open the vintage panelled doors to the meeting room, it wasn't natural for him to follow a Beta.  That, and the very idea that the Grand Master had a Human here and that he was, for whatever reason, protecting this pathetic creature, fuelled Théoner's urgency to get into the room and demand answers.

Flecks of paint and plaster broke away from the door frame, a result inflicted by the forceful impact of the Théoner's headstrong arrival.

"Théoner."

Alpha Maûrott sneered, his nose scrunching up as if he was finally registering the Human's rank stench.   But of course, he was already familiar with the mortal's reek.

No...he was just pissed off that Théoner slammed his precious doors.

A menacing grin appeared on Maûrott's chiseled face regarding the manner of Théoner's entrance.   The man is not to be taken for a fool nor did he appreciate such displays of power in his own house, that privilege is reserved only for himself.

"Welcome, take a seat and we can start.  You're the last pack to arrive."  He said in faux greeting.

Alpha Maûrott has held the position of Grand Master for over a quarter of a century and shows no sign of giving up his powerful reign.  Whilst being a reasonable leader to his Pack and Realm, the wolf is also justifiably feared.

Standing at an impressive 6ft 6, Alpha Maûrott's authority is easily attained. 

He displayed a powerful physique, a solid muscular man, very well endowed in every respect.   His face was chiseled like a sculpture resembling some type of God from a far off time but it was also cold and devout of all compassion.  

Maûrott is a heartless man, his eyes sinister and yellow, the true nature of his soul filtering through.

Maûrott's hair resembled one of the artworks found in the stately hallways, a cascade of silver like liquid mercury, fluidly moving by an unseen current.   Long and wind-swept on the top of his skull but short and sharp forming a goatie around his mouth and chin, allowing him to maintain a youthful aura, although not a sign true sign of his age.   But age does not come into consideration when this man is spoken of, nor seen for that matter, it appears that age has only proven more beneficial over time, rather than to be a hindrance.

His ripped muscular build is illustrated with intricate and detailed tattoos representative of his Pack and his Pack's personal history in the role they played throughout the ancient wars. 

Maûrott's body is also a canvas for his modern-day victories.  Ink engraved testaments of the vicious and bloodthirsty brawls he fought against the other Alphas to gain supremacy.

A ruthless and brutal man who fought his way into power as a young werewolf, claiming victory over Alphas who were twice his age, twice his physical prowess and who had over twice the amount of experience in the fight. 

Over the passing years he has grown more in physical strength and knowledge.

Maûrott is a cruel and deadly Alpha....one not to trifled with.

Not rising from his stately post, Alpha Maûrott motioned with a short nod for Théoner and Tälon to take their seats at the semi-circular conference table, along with the other ten Alphas from the Realm.

The Meeting room's crescent shaped boardroom desk was aptly suited for the council to convene at, for no Alpha would accept the position to be seated behind another wolf.

The Grand Master sat elevated on a chair resembling that of a throne at the front of the curved table, opposite the vintage doors that Théoner barged his way through.

Maûrott's elaborate station was carved from marble with all the detail mirroring the exterior wall of The Great Hall.

The official council seats were made available only to the Alpha and Beta of the Realm's Werewolf packs.
Their security teams were positioned elsewhere in the oversized room, standing to attention wherever their Alphas deemed fit for them to occupy.

Alpha Théoner's eyes scanned the room for the Human as Tälon and he took the last remaining seats.   His eyes flickered subtly over the other wolves in the room searching for any signs of Human affirmation but not finding any resolve.

Théoner's observation did not go unnoticed, Alpha Maûrott acknowledged his silent inspection with a single raised brow and a one-sided smirk...the conceited mutt was hiding something.  

There was no Human present in the room but the pungent smell was strong, so the mortal was near by.

By the hostile and musky scent emanating from every wolf in the room, the opportunity to slash the Human from gut to gullet was almost too good to be true and a notion shared by all.

They have all heard the stories about the wars and the bloodthirsty Humans hellbent on destroying their species but their generation has never seen a Human in the flesh.

Thanks to the Fae Realm, the Human scent is familiar to Werewolves. Bottles containing scents and elixirs from all species are made available so they can all be aware who is in their backyards, who is friend and who is foe.

And because of every wolf's ability regarding scents and odours, not only was the Human scent known to them but it was burned to memory.

~~~~~
🐺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7M 351K 47
Highest rank - #1 in Vampire ** In a world far beyond human imagination, into the deep roots of the vampire realm he ruled. For over a century, he's...
153K 7.7K 74
There exists four realms. The realm of the humans, the realm of the wolves, the realm of the fae, and the dark realm. The dark realm has become incr...
1.4K 76 19
#2 New Moon Series _An enemy of an enemy is a friend_ I have yearned for a mate ever since I learnt of one. Thoughts about having someone who would l...
1.5M 25.9K 24
[COMPLETED] As I was beginning to relax, a new terror coursed through my body at his next word, "Strip." "Ex-excuse me?" I blurted out. I wasn't get...