Hush Little Baby

Av LiAWake

"Well how do you know that there's a baby?" "Because you said...I...did." "But Daddy calls me a liar," The li... Mer

Chapter 1: The Heist
Chapter 2: The Girl
Chapter 3: The Circle
Chapter 4: Sister
Chapter 5: Mirrors
Chapter 6: The Other Side
Chapter 7: Slaughter
Chapter 8: Liar
Chapter 9: Daddy
Chapter 10: This Wont Hurt A Bit
Chapter 11: The Ritual
Chapter 12: The Confrontation
Chapter 13: The Truth

EPILOGUE

33 2 0
Av LiAWake

"So Scott let's go over this again, just to make sure I got all this straight."

The detective sat across the table from Scott. His body chained to the steel chair that was bolted to the ground. His hands were cuffed, and the chain ran through a metal loop on the edge of the table. Scott leaned back in the chair as his hands fell to his lap.

"Sir, you have to believe me, I didn't kill them."

"Then who did?"

"My little sister did."

"So you're saying your deceased little sister, killed your two partners and spared you?"

"Please, you have to believe me."

"I wish I could Scott, but it's not looking good for you."

The detective got up from the desk and walked out the side door behind the two-way mirror. The chief on the other side was glaring down the boy in the metal chair, gritting his teeth. He knew Scott had killed his daughter; there wasn't a single doubt in his mind.

"So any new information from Anna's killer."

"Sir we don't-"

"Honestly you can't be serious, you and I have both heard this over and over again. He's a broken record."

"Sir, I get it, but this kid was pumped with so many drugs when he was institutionalized as a kid that I wouldn't even be surprised that he has lost bits of his memory. The kid also just stole twenty million from a bank, he's probably under a massive amount stress, and that could cause the hysteria and hallucinations."

"So you admit, that you think he killed her."

"No doubt, but he keeps speaking of a metal door in the inn, has any of the guys found anything yet?"

"No, nothing's there, just a solid wooden wall."

"I see, I'll head down there again this afternoon and take another look around."

"Thanks, James."

The chief put a hand on James's shoulder as he walked out of the interrogation room.

***

A few hours passed as James pulled up to the crime scene, just the way he left it. He pulled up to the entrance of the ghost town, where Scott's getaway van sat with another truck's bumper entwined with it. In the other attached vehicle, a man's body still slumped over the dash. Dead, from drunk driving.

Passing that, he walked into the ghost town's compound and into the center of town. The other two bodies were still laying in the middle of the gravel road. James crouched down to examine, the bodies of Reggie and Anna once more.

In front of their corpses, to long oval shapes were imprinted into the gravel from where they found Scott. To the left of the knee imprints, Reggie's body laid staring at Scott, a small hole piercing his head and the crossed out word liar on his stomach was exposed to the world. To the right was Anna, she was laid out on her back. Her stomach had been cut open as her intestines were spread around her body.

Behind both of the bodies where two utterly full duffle bags of the bank's money, the third in the destroyed van that still sat on the road. James got back to his feet as an officer approached him.

"Detective."

"Hey, Mike did you check the butchery?"

"Yea nothing. Just drawings from some local street artists, the usual graffiti, nothing too out of the ordinary except...there was a trap door."

"And?"

"Well it looks like a hidden wine cellar, with a lot of remnants of red wine all over the floor, but the trapdoor had the word Reggie carved into it. Maybe the kid was going to make a tomb for his friend, or something."

"What about the pentagram in the town hall building?"

"There are a few burn marks, but it could have easily been done by some squatters. Nothing that actually represents a pentagram though."

"And what about-"

"Still nothing."

"Mind if I take a look?"

"Be our guest."

"Thanks."

The officer headed back to the butchery as James headed for the Inn. The building had been scavenged over and over again the last few days, with no sign of anything new. Just a run down building damaged by the storms that blew across the lake.

Heading to the top floor, James entered the hallway that Scott wouldn't stop bringing up. The corridor itself was eerie, empty now as the results turned up nothing, he headed to the far wall, where Scott passionately pleaded that a door was supposed to be.

Putting his hand on the wood boards, There was nothing. Why am I even here, we should just let the kid suffer in the psyche ward. James thought as he began walking back down the hallway. Only when he was halfway between the wall and the stairs, a light whisper cut through the air.

Hush Little Baby, don't say a word. Mama's going to buy you a Mockingbird. And if that mockingbird doesn't sing, Mama's gonna make it scream in pain.

Shivers rushed up James's spin as he heard the lullaby. Turning around the wooden wall had disappeared, and a metal door stood in its place.

"It's real."

He walked to the door as if in a trance, not bothering to call for back up, since he feared they'd be too far away. James had to do this on his own, and he had to do it now. Reaching for the doorknob, he turned it as the metal door creaked open. The lullaby still repeating the same two versus's.

***

Across town, Scott was still in the interrogation room. His eyes completely white now as he too was reciting the verse word for word.

The chief opened the door of the room and stood on the other side of the metal table, and stared at the possessed boy.

***

Back at the ghost town, James pushed the door all the way open as the sight of Emily sitting in the middle of the room in a wheelchair, looking down at something wrapped in a blanket graced his eye line.

James continued to enter and quietly walked over to the little girl slowly. Crouching down beside her, he noticed she was holding a living baby.

"Hello, little girl?"

"Hello."

"What's your name?"

"Emily."

"Nice to meet you, Emily, I'm James. Who's baby is that?"

"Mine."

"You're the mom?"

"No, I rescued her."

"From what?"

"Lot's."

"Really? Do you mind if I hold her?"

"Sure, but she's hungry."

James took the little girl off of Emily's lap an held her next to his head.

"What does she eat?"

Emily began to laugh, as she looked up at James, revealing her face with the skull exposed causing his eyes to light up as he witnessed Emily's true image.

"Flesh."

As the words left the little girl's mouth, he could feel the baby bite into his neck as he dropped to the ground. Taking his final breaths, he looked up at the little girl as she crouched down to pick up the baby who was chewing on a torn off strip of skin.

"James, Welcome to hell. I'll be seeing you very shortly." The little girl began to laugh as she watched James fade away. "Oh, also I'll be bringing my brother."

James's head hit the floor. Dead. 

***

Back at the police station, Scott had now overtaken the chief who had now been cuffed to the bolted down chair. The shackles that once held Scott were now shattered as he began to smash the mans face into the desk in a blatant rage.

"Say hi to Anna for me."

Scott smashed his head into the desk once more as his body fell limp dropping to the ground, the chief's face now unrecognizable. Blood covered the table as Scott took some in his hand and started painting a pentagram on the wall, then placed his hand on it. He looked through the pentagram as a little hand popped through from the other side. Without hesitation, Scott put his hand in his little sisters and walked into the glowing ring. Finally giving into the darkness that he had knowingly suppressed for years. He now gave it full control.

The End

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

63.3K 7.4K 66
Sequel to The Cunning * What's more dangerous, someone who has nothing to lose? Or someone who stands to lose everything? A lot can happen in three...
223 31 30
The story of bullying and romance and gangs. And abuse. It shows how any life can get out of hand. "My boyfriends father is choking me! Because I wo...
105K 2.7K 33
Have you ever seen a play? Watching actors parade around a stage reciting made up lines to entertain an audience, or walk away in tears when the boos...
207K 1.1K 5
When my sister died, I lost everything. Now I'm looking for answers, but maybe some things are better left buried... ...