Linstead: Undercover Mission

By chicagopdbabes

Your favorite Detectives take their Undercover skills to Hawaii! Jay and Erin have to portray as newlyweds, w... More

Two Weeks With You
Not As Beautiful As You
It's The Beginning
He Could Finally Sleep Peacefully
You Were Gone in the Blink of an Eye
She Begged for Him not to Leave Her Side
Whatever You Want, We Will Make It Happen
It Would Become An Everday Tradition
She Needs You
Slowly, it was all Returning to Normal
You Are My Miracle
Our Love is Invincible
Cheers to Milestones
I Am the Dreamer and You Are My Dream
Nature is Even Better Than it Seems
I Am a Better Person Because of You
The Gifts Love Can Give You
These Are The Days We Live For
And So The Adventure Begins
It's Been Too Long, My Dear
When I Met You, Everything Changed.
We Rise By Lifting Others
I Have Loved You Since Day One
The Past Can Be Our Worst Demon
Thankful For The Family We Have
One Minute You Were Here and Now You're Gone
Our Family is a Circle of Strength
In The End, You'll Always Be Here
The Best Gift is Family Wrapped In Love
A Grand Adventure is About to Begin
The Year's Shadow
Sunday Mornings
Dreams Do Come True
Today Was Long Overdue
The Presents Life Gives You
Living A Two Sided Life
Life Can Go Two Ways
We All Have Our Own Coping Mechanisms
Epilogue

Playing The Part

3K 46 0
By chicagopdbabes

"Mr and Mrs. Halstead, you are free to board. Have a great honeymoon." The young brunette cheered, returning the two boarding passes to their rightful owners, Jay and Erin Halstead.

Erin's red halter-top floral dress complimented her birkenstock sandals accordingly, her caramel locks of hair falling perfectly in top of her chest. Her ring was the best, though. It sparkled just right in the sunshine.

"Thank you." Jay replied, picking up the two duffle bags. "You ready, baby?" He guided Erin down the boarding hallway, entering the Hawaiian Airlines plane.

"Welcome to Hawaiian Airlines, we hope you have a great flight." A Hawaiian flight attendant smiled, nodding her head to the young newlyweds.

Jay and Erin both smiled in response, continuing to walk to their seats, the plane nearly full with various couples and families.

"Here we are, seats two thirty four and five." Erin smiled gladly, her eyes glistening.

Jay opened the upper compartment and put the bags inside before closing it shut and taking a seat next to Erin. "Er, you excited? A whole week in Hawaii." Jay looked over at her, Erin admiring her ring closely. "Erin?" Jay repeated after another moment.

"Yes? Sorry, the ring is so beautiful and everything, and well, I never thought I'd ever wear one." Erin smiled sadly, glancing down at her ring again.

"Erin" Jay lifted her head to look at him and she put her hand over his. "One day, you'll wear one for real. You're perfect. Who wouldn't want you?" 

Erin looked Jay in the eyes, trying with every muscle in her body not to cry. Who would want her? Why would anyone want her? She was broken. She knew nobody loved her, and she wasn't wife material, and she never would be. "Yeah, sure. You're my husband, just trying to make me feel better."

Jay's heart shattered looking at her. Did she not realize how how beautiful she was? Who wouldn't want her? He knew she had a relationship with Kelly Severide, but it didn't work out. That was a while ago, and Erin Lindsay is not the type to bounce between men. She wants something serious and meaningful.

"Erin" Jay started to trail off again, but before he could get a word out of is mouth to tell this girl in front of him how perfect and beautiful she was, a deep voice from the intercom above interrupted him.

"Passengers, welcome to Hawaiian Airlines flight 67, Chicago to Honolulu. I'm your Captain, Ross, speaking. At Hawaiian Airlines we push to have the best outcome on your flight to breathe taking Hawaii. Enjoy the flight and if you need anything, don't hesitate to alert the flight attendant. Have a wonderful flight." The whole airline chattered quietly, excited for take off.

"Erin" Jay spoke once more, touching her shoulder slightly.

"Jay, don't." Erin replied blandly, getting up to go to the restroom.

"Mr and Mrs. Halstead, would you like something to drink?" Another flight attendant asked politely.

"Yes, please. Can we both have red wine, please." Jay nodded. A drink is what he needed. This was not how the flight was suppose to be.

The attendant nodded in response and disappeared down the aisle.

"I'm sorry Jay." Erin took a seat next to him ten minutes later, Jay sipping his wine. "It's just hard."

Jay sat his wine back down and looked at her. She was so god damn beautiful. Why couldn't she see it? "What's on your mind Erin?"

Erin took a deep breathe before speaking. "Jay, it's just... I don't know, I... I mean, I don't know." Erin took a big sip of her wine before setting it back down. "I don't know."

"Er, why don't you get some rest? It's basically a nine hour flight, so get some rest." Jay lifted up his arm so his wife could lay her head on his chest, lifting up the arm lift. "I'll be right here, Er."

Erin mumbled something incoherently into his chest, and Jay laid his hand on her back, quickly feeling her body relax.

#########

"Er, baby, wake up. We're here." Jay shook her shoulder until she picked her head off of his chest and looked around.

"What?" She asked stretching her arms before laying her head back on the head rest.

"We're here. We landed." Jay reached over her and swatted away the stranded pieces of hair.

"Everyone may now stand up and exit the plane, thank you for flying with Hawaiian and have a wonderful trip on the island." Erin looked down the aisle to see the young attendant speaking into the phone.

Jay motioned for them to stand up and they both took their duffle bags, they're free hands intertwining together.

Walking to the baggage claim and claiming their suitcases, they walked outside the Honolulu International Airport and found themselves in a taxi.

"Hello, my name is Jim. Are you the Halsteads from Chicago?"

"Yes, that's us." Erin blushed, playing the roll of a newlywed and clinging onto Jay's arm.

"Awesome. Go ahead and get into the backseat, I'll throw the luggage into the trunk." He smiled, shaking both of their hands, before popping the trunk.

Erin and Jay both hopped into the back seat, smiling the whole time.

"So, you guys are on your honeymoon?" The cab driver shuts the door.

"Yes. We got married yesterday." Jay grinned, his eyes locking with Erin's.

"That's great. It's always nice to see young happy couples. How'd you guys meet?" The driver asked, pulling onto the highway.

"Well, it's actually funny." Erin stuttered. "Jay, why don't you tell him? Apparently my story is always exaggerated."

"That's because it is, Er." Jay laughed. "We went river rafting with a big group of people, down in southern Missouri, and she got lost in the rapids, and I saw her, so I paddled my raft down the other way since I was the only one to see her, and I snatched her up as she was going to get sucked under some rocks." Jay grinned, running his hand up and down Erin's thigh.

Jay's ministrations were causing Erin's body to shutter as she crossed her legs, trying to relieve the pressure building in her lower abdomen.

The movement didn't go unnoticed by her husband as he continued rubbing her thigh, Erin taking a deep breathe.

"Ah, so she was a damsel in distress and you were her knight in shining armor." The driver laughed, pulling into the circle drive of the hotel. "Here we are, Shells and Clams Resort." He smiled, killing the engine. "Enjoy your honeymoon, and keep an eye on your wife, she seems to be a damsel."

"Will do so, thank you." Jay smiled, sliding out of the car along with Erin and getting the three bags out of the trunk.

"Jay" Erin smiled, "Lets go check in." They made their way into the lobby of the hotel, and up to the front desk.

"Hi, may we help you?" A petite lady smiles at the duo.

"Jay and Erin Halstead." He smiled, checking his watch, surprised to see it was already six and the team would be landing within the hour.

"Yes, the honeymoon suite. Room 303. We have a deal, and since you booked the honeymoon suite, we always supply a free picture of the newlyweds, so if you follow me outside, we can take it." The woman motions for the couple to follow her outside.

They stop in front of the palm trees on the path to the beach. Erin laid her head on Jay's chest, flashing her ring and Jay settled his hands on her waist.

"Perfect. You two are quite the good looking newlyweds." The lady smiled, looking down at her own ring. "We will have the photo sent up to your room. If you need anything, please call." They parted ways as they entered the lobby, Jay and Erin going into the elevator.

"So, what shall we do for two hours before we go to Tropics?" Erin asked, her hands running across her dress, smoothing it out.

"Anything you want, babe." Jay smiled, and so did Erin. He settled his hands on her waist, and she did not fight the urge to back away like usual. Hank Voight isn't around. Nobody was. And they were suppose to be playing newlyweds, right? So they needed to do everything newlyweds did. They had to play the part.

Hey everyone! So, there is chapter two!! Some chapters will be longer than others, it just depends if I'm in a mood, lol. I'll try to have the next chapter posted in the next few days!! And two months from today folks, our Chicago PD is back. If you have any ideas or requests for the book, please PM me. Please review as well, it'd be appreciated. Have a good weekend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.6K 720 32
Jay and Erin have feelings for each other will they start a relationship? if they do will they tell Voight or go behind his back?
2K 5 15
Michelle and her teenage daughter, Kiera have been victims of domestic violence at the hands of their husband/stepfather, Shane. Just when all hope s...
4.7K 179 14
Erin and Jay have been kidnapped and the unit tries to get them back. The two of them aren't dating yet but maybe this experience will bring them clo...
51.5K 776 22
forget everything you know about Chicago PD and Chicago fire and of course, the "linstead story" This fanfic a story has nothing to do with the serie...