Fighter: an Ash Betrayal story

By Bl0t0rch

Ash had just lost the Kalos league to Alain. He was happy with his place and hoped everyone was proud of him... More

Chapter 1: Broken [Edited]
Chapter 2: Restart
Chapter 3: New Lives, Old Reminders
Chapter 4: A Champion Has Returned
Chapter 5: Battle of the Regions
Chapter 6: Returning Memories
Chapter 7: Jump Our Hurdles
Chapter 8: Washed Up
500 already???
Chapter 9: Our Unseen Shadows
1K reads
Chapter 10: Downed Dragon
Chapter 12: From Dawn to Dusk
Chapter 13: Deja Vu
So a lot of people have been wondering...

Chapter 11: Duels for Dinners

10.9K 128 543
By Bl0t0rch

Ash POV

Cilan walked out of the Locker room towards us, all while avoiding press again. How he did it so easily, I don't know.

I walked up and fist bumped him. "Nice win, Cilan. I knew you had her."

He smiled. "Yeah. I still can't get that last question she asked out of my head. It really bugs me how she put it."

I looked at him. "What was it?"

He scowled at the thought of it. "She asked why I still looked up to you before you became champion."

"I get it. I think she may come pleading forgiveness at some point."

"So what are you going to do, Ash?" Misty asked.

"Simple. I will deny her forgiveness. Her simply asking is too easy. If any of them want true forgiveness, then they have to do something about it. Words are meaningless compared to actions." I stated.

Lillie took my hand. "Spoken like a true champion. So what now?"

"Well, Brock's match and my match aren't until tomorrow now, so I guess we can either prepare or just relax." I said.

"Well in that case..." Lillie fished a flier out of her bag. "Can we go eat dinner? There is this new eating place where we can go to that is nearby."

I was curious about this. "What type of restaurant?"

She smiled. "You may like this. It's a restaurant based on battling. It's called the Battle Diner. We can go there and participate in Tag Battles to earn a meal. If we win, our meal is half price."

"Sounds like the 7-Star Restaurant back in Sinnoh. I'm down for this. Who will everyone partner with?" Brock asked.

Bonnie smirked. "Simple. Misty and I will partner up, you and Cilan, then Ash and Lillie. Does that seem right?"

Everyone agreed. But then I realized someone was missing. "Hey, wait. Where is Professor Oak?"

"He mentioned something about going to talk with Gary on the phone. He said not to worry about him." Misty said.

"Alright. So where is this place anyways?" Bonnie asked.

"Says here it's not too far from the Pokemon Center here on the Plateau. There is a sign that points it out, so we should be fine." Lillie said.

"Ok. Let's go then." I said.

Traitors POV

Iris walked up to her friends. "I can't believe it... "

"It's fine Iris. Besides, he only won because of that stupid Z-move thing. When will they not use them?" May said.

"Well, the only 2 battles left from us are Drew and Barry's, and Dawn's. I guess we have time today. What do you all want to do?" Paul asked.

May pulled out a piece of paper from her bag. "There is this place that's kinda similar to the 7-Star Restaurant from Sinnoh. It's called the Battle Diner, and we can battle there to get half off on our meal. Anyone want to go?"

Everyone besides Delia said yes, as she wanted to call Mr. Mime and see if the house is ok.

Serena stood up. "Do you mind if I go grab a friend from Kalos to join us?"

"Go get them, and we will head over there." Drew said as Serena began to run off.

Ash POV

"Well here it is." Said Lillie.

The building was pretty big. It had a bit of an older style with modern technology implemented in it. The building was grey and white in color with lights hanging off the sides. The windows were tinted so you couldn't see inside.

We walked inside to see several tables and booths for us to sit in. There was a staircase and a railing near the battlefield. We were welcomed by a very average looking man wearing kakis and a green button down shirt in his early 40s.

"Welcome to the Battle Diner. This place is a specialty for Kanto. We have tag battles here that are normally against our hired battlers. How many of you are there today? And would you each like separate tables, or a single one?" He asked.

"There are six of us. And we all would like to battle as well." Brock said.

Bonnie smirked evily. "These two would like a separate table." She said while pointing at me and Lillie. Luckily, I am ok with this since we are dating anyways. I'm used to her tricks now.

He clasped his hands in happiness. "Wonderful. Now follow me to the battlefield."

We were about to move when we heard the door behind us open with small gasps following right after. We turned around to see our annoying little group of traitors right there.

"Why are you people here?" Drew asked angrily.

"Why do you think?" I answered simply.

"Well leave then. We are eating here." Said a guy I didn't recognize. He looked sort of like me back in Kalos.

"First of all, nothing says we can't eat here. Second, who are you?" Cilan asked.

He tilted his cap and put up a smug expression. "I'm Calem, and I am the Champion of Kalos. I am also Serena's boyfriend and also the guy who is going to destroy all of you in this tournament."

"So, basically you are the other cocky idiot in their group besides Barry." Lillie decided.

He balled his fists. "You will pay for that comment, smart-mouth."

The waiter stepped in between us. "Ok so I see you guys have a bad history. If you all will refrain from fist fighting, then instead of battling our employees, you can battle each other. The group that wins will get the discount. The group that doesn't pays full price.

We all agreed. "Ok then. The battles will be tag battles with 3 Pokemon per person. Only 6 of the other group will battle. This makes it a best of three. Now group up."

We went with our original groups, while the traitors decided their groups as well. Their groups were Calem and Serena, May and Max, and Drew and Barry.

The computer put the names of each team into a randomizer. The battles came out as following:

Lillie and Ash vs Calem and Serena

Drew and Barry vs Brock and Cilan

May and Max vs Misty and Bonnie

Lillie and I went up to the battlefield first. Of course this may not all together be easy, but I am definitely going to wipe that smug look off of Calem's face.

I decided to bring out a couple friends that nobody knows about yet. I told Lillie who I was bringing, and she decided she wanted to try a couple out as well.

We used the random but convenient PC box near our end of the field and changed out our current Pokemon, and set up for our strategy. We were finally all set up for the battle so we walked towards the battlefield, and prepared for utter payback.

When everyone was ready the ref called out for the battle to start.

"I won't even have to switch from this one pokemon with how easy this will be. Go, Chesnaught." Calem sent out his Chesnaught into battle

"Let's do this. Go, Sylveon." Serena sent ribbon covered Pokemon out of its Pokeball.

"Go, Snowy." Lillie said as she released the snow layered fox. Hail began raining down the battlefield.

"It's time. Go Sandslash." I released a special frozen Sandslash into battle, much to the traitors shock.

"Uhh, what is that?" Calem asked impatiently.

"An Alolan Sandslash. You can only find this type of Sandslash in the Alola Region." I informed him.

He looked at the ref. "Is this even legal?" He angrily said.

The ref fired back. "Yes it is. Now stop trying to cheat out of battling, and act like a man. Battle begin."

"Whatever. Chesnaught, use Hammer Arm and kill that abomination." Chesnaught began to run forward with his hands clenched to attack.

"Sylveon, use Draining Kiss." Sylveon ran towards Ninetails to attack.

We smirked. "Iron Head." "Blizzard."

Blizzard hit directly on both Pokemon. Chesnaught was instantly defeated, but Sylveon was still standing. Unfortunately for her, Sandslash appeared out of nowhere and struck right on Sylveon's head, defeating it.

Calem was shocked at what just happened. "How did you pull that off? That Sandslash should not be fast at all."

"Slush Rush."

He looked at me. "Slush what now?"

"Slush Rush. It's Sandslash's signature ability. His speed doubled under Hail. Nice try though." I said mockingly. This is the Kalos Champion? What happened to Diantha?

They returned their Pokemon.

"Go, Diggersby." Out popped a brown and grey bunny.

"Let's go, Pangoro." Serena sent out a crazy and angry looking panda with shades on its face.

We returned our Pokemon. The snow dissapeard just in time as well. We prepared our next Pokemon.

Calem popped off again. "Seriously? Stop switching Pokemon. Only cowards switch."

"Come on out, Espeon." I sent out my purple eeveeloution in front of me.

"Go, Umbreon." Lillie brought out her dark eeveeloution as well.

Only our friends were shocked by this. Lillie and I hatched these two as twin Eevee's from the daycare ourselves. We even raised them together.

However, we were the only ones to have been there when they evolved. It was right on the edge of dusk. They both evolved at the same time, but they each came out differently.

"Alright. Two small fries? This is an easy win. Diggersby, use Earthquake." Calem popped off AGAIN.

"Pangoro, use Dark Pulse." Serena commanded.

"Protect." We both said.

Both attacks raced head on towards us, but were blocked easily by Protect.

"Dazzling Gleam." I said as Espeon began charging the attack.

"Helping Hand." Umbreon rushed toward Espeon, and shared some power with it. Dazzling Gleam was made stronger.

"Go." The attack was launched. Everyone besides us covered their eyes. When the light died down, Diggersby was still standing, but Pangoro was up against the wall.

"Foul Play." Before Calem could react, Umbreon launched Diggersby away with such force, he was out before he hit the wall.

"Both Pokemon are unable to battle. Send out your final Pokemon." The ref said.

"Go, Talonflame." Calem sent out his final Pokemon.

"Go, Delphox." Serena sent out her partner.

We returned our Pokemon, but not without some hate.

"Oh come on. You two have no guts huh? Champion? More like chicken you two little-" Calem started.

The ref glared at Calem. "SHUT UP! ANY MORE POPPING OFF, AND YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT OF HERE. AND I PROMISE, YOU WILL BE KICKED ALL THE WAY TO VICTORY ROAD. CLEAR?

Calem gulped and nodded. "Ok. Now send out your other Pokemon." The ref gestured to us.

"Go, Kindra." Lillie sent out her last Pokemon.

"Let's go, Greninja." I sent out my last, and arguably my strongest Pokemon.

At the sight of my partner, Delphox looked like it's heart was sinking. I had an idea why, but Greninja still wasn't very forgiving, kinda like me.

"Rain Dance." Kindra activated Rain Dance, and Rain clouds began covering the field. Water was falling fast from above.

"Alright Greninja. Lets get stronger and stronger together. FULL POWER."

Greninja was enveloped in water, and transformed with its eyes glowing red. Our Battle Bond activated, revealing Ash-Greninja.

"Tch. Whatever. That weird look won't help you. Talonflame, Brave Bird." Calem commanded.

"Kingdra, use Hydro Pump." Lillie said.

As Talonflame began diving for the attack, Kingdra launched a full power Hydro Pump at it. It was knocked out instantly, as Swift Swim let us outspeed.

"Alright Greninja. Use Aerial Ace." Greninja launched a barrage of kicks and punches. I could tell he was unrelenting in his blows.

"Now, Night Slash." Greninja formed a blade of darkness and slashed down hard. Delphox hit the ground, but still got up.

"Delphox, use Focus Blast." However, Delphox did nothing but stand. "Delphox, come on. Use Focus Blast." Once again, she did nothing. "What's wrong with you?! Do something or else. NOW."

Delphox winced at that voice tone. I could tell she was hurting. Greninja noticed it too and stood down.

"DELPHOX, DO NOT MAKE ME REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN. USE FOCUS BLAST OR ELSE YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN!" Delphox started tearing up, and fired a flamethrower at Serena. She fired another at Calem, and another at the sky.

Greninja appeared next to me. "You see it too, don't you?" I asked him. He nodded in response.

We began walking together towards her slowly. We both could sense abuse between the two. There was only one way to relieve that pain, and we would do it whether Serena agreed or not.

Lillie called out. "Ash, be careful." I gave a thumbs up in response.

We were right next to her, and she began to growl. We got even closer, but still she just growled. I reached out, but she snapped at me, and I stepped back.

I tried again, but instead of stepping back, I got closer and started scratching behind the ears. I have seen Serena do this before, so I knew this would work.

She began relaxing slowly, but after a moment, Serena tried to force return. Before she could though, Greninja took the Pokeball from her.

"Hey. She is my Pokemon. Give that back." She said.

"Not for much longer. We should have you arrested right now, but this is far less worse than things could be." I barked back.

She looked at the ref. "This is not legal. Stop him."

He glared back. "So is abusing and beating Pokemon. Again, you could be arrested, but he chose a different option. Now shut up."

Once Delphox relaxed, Greninja began talking to her. After a short exchange, Delphox began crying and Greninja gave her a hug. I took the shot.

"Delphox, do you want to come with us instead? We can't bare the thought of you being abused by her for so long."

She looked between both me and Greninja, and nodded happily. We broke her old Pokeball, and I pulled a Luxury Ball out of my bag. She hit the button, and was caught instantly.

Lillie ran up and gave me a hug. "Well, that's a great ending." She laughed.

We heard a voice commanding a Pokemon behind us. A jet of water was heading at us, but we blocked together with aura. Greninja launched a barrage of Water Shurikens, and knocked out the Pokemon, which was a Blastoise.

Calem saw his Pokemon faint, and saw the ref walk toward him with a Machamp right behind him. Calem formed what seemed like an 'Oh ****' look and tried to run. However, he was grabbed and carried to the door.

He was kicked so far in the air, he looked like Team Rocket. "I will be back!" He said as he disappeared.

The ref glared at all of the traitors. "As for you, you all lose by association. Enjoy your expensive meal." He walked towards us while the traitors were both stunned and fuming.

"You six can get your meals for free. Thank you for calming that Delphox." He said as we grinned and placed our orders.

Lillie and I continued to eat alone together. Not even the traitors came over to us. They must know if they try something, they would be screwed.

Around this time, the others had already left, just leaving us two in the resturant while the cooks cleaned the dishes.

Lillie looked at me as we began to finish desert, and began to smile over thinking about something.

I looked up from my plate. "What are you happy about?"

She giggled. "Oh, I'm just reminding myself that this is why I am in love with you."

I looked at my plate that I just finished. "You mean this?"

She giggled again. "No, silly. I mean how you are with Pokemon. That's one of the reasons I wanted to be your girlfriend."

I brushed it off. "Lillie, it isn't that much. I just do what I can to help."

She suddenly pulled me into a strong kiss, neither of us wanting to break. When we finally did, she looked at me  while blushing and smiled again.

"You may think it isn't, but that fact about you would've been more than enough to become your girlfriend. Lucky for me, I have a guy who has more than that." She said.

I smiled. "And I have a beautiful girl who helps me support myself when I need it the most. Now come on. Let's go back to our room."

And with that, we walked back to our room, and fell asleep. I marveled at the wonderful dinner as well as the new addition to the team...

Well wasn't that heartwarming lol. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I really liked this one personally. Now, Comment Question: Favorite Kalos region Pokemon? Mine would have to be Goodra. It's so happy-looking, but so bulky as well lol. Hope you all enjoy your day.

-Bl0t0rch

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.2K 814 15
When Ash returns from the Alolan league he gets betrayed by most of the people he had once called as friends . Now he is back and ready to get some...
76K 895 13
Ash lost the pokemon league of Kalos. He feels ashamed and mysteriously disappears. But when a certain event happens, he comes back down from his abs...
181K 2.1K 14
Ash Ketchum is betrayed by those who he once considered friends. His mother disowns him saying he brought shame to her name. Pikachu was killed by Tr...
101K 2.2K 104
It's been 6 months since Ash has lost the Kalos League and he still feels like something is missing or someone. After a talk with an old Friend he fi...