Burn (Book 2 of The Fire Tril...

By Emrald2222

Written By: Emrald2222 The Fire Trilogy: Book 2 "Pages so flammable they'll set the house on Fire." -Tasha... More

Dedication
Chapter 1: Please, just hit me in the face with a brick.
Chapter 2: Every other millennia, there is a new female werewolf. I am her.
Chapter 3: A vampire killer for hire
Chapter 4: What the hell is wrong with me?
Chapter 6: This was going to be one hell of an explanation.
Chapter 7: "You screamed bloody murder because of a TV show?"
Chapter 8: My Queen
Chapter 9: 'Ratchet ass cunt-punting mother fucker'
Chapter 10: 'Boohoo, hero. Your getting saved by the damsel in distress'
Chapter 11: Did I step through a time machine and get sent back to the 1600s?
Chapter 12: SOMEWHERE BETWEEN SHOT 23 AND WHEN WE DANCED NAKED ON THE BALCONY!"
Chapter 13: "ARE YOU READY TO ROCK, SQUIDWARD!?!"
Just Avoid This
Chapter 14: 'Ms. Drama Queen of the 21st century'
Chapter 15: I did that for NOTHING!?
Chapter 16: Urban Survival Rule: Never annoy an armed man
Chapter 17: The big bad wolf got shot with a sliver bullet.
A/N
Chapter 18: I. Hate. Pep-Rallys.
BONUS CHAPTER! (Aubrey's Letter to her Mom)
Chapter 19: GODFORSAKEN FUCKING WORLD
Chapter 20: I am an Alpha.
Epilouge
Sequel

Chapter 5: WereCat

373 33 4
By Emrald2222

Unedited-feel free to point out my mistakes.

Chapter 5: Werecat

*Aubrey's POV*

I looked up at her as my mouth dropped open.

Oh. My. God.

I opened my mouth and then closed it and then opened it again, looking for the right thing to say.

She starts talking first.

"What are you doing here?" she sneers at me.

I gave her a look, "What are you doing here?"

She looked at me and crossed her arms over her chest, "You first."

I rolled my eyes, "Really, 'you first'? What are we five?"

She sighs and said, "I was following you."

I feel my eyebrows furrow together, "Why were you following me?"

"To see what you were doing."

I raised my eyebrows, "Why?" I asked again.

"Because everyone thinks your a serial killer and I wanted to see where you were going."

I have her a look as if to say 'are you kidding me'?

I shook my head and let out a bark of a laugh that really held no humor in at all, "Are you really that dense to follow a serial killer out to the woods? They could kill you!"

She scrunched up her nose and said, "So you're not the killer?"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "No, otherwise I would have killed you by now."

This is weird. This girl may be a sporty but sportys aren't ridiculously stupid.

I pursed my lips and said, "What is the other reason you're out here?"

"What?" she asked and I could smell fear drafting off her.

Bingo.

"What is the other reason you're out here?"

I saw her chew on her bottom lip and then she gave me a sigh of exasperation and said, "I'm not feeling so hot today, ok?"

I narrowed my eyes at her and she continued.

"Okay, but you have to promise not to tell anybody," she said.

I snorted at her, "Who am I going to tell?"

She inclined her head and then nodded pleased with the fact that I was an Other and nobody would believe me anyways.

"It's just.... I've missed my period lately.. and.. I haven't had sex either, and I don't know what's wrong, and I'm absolutely freaking out because I can't tell my Mom, or my friends because I'll either get yelled at or people will call me a whore."

I opened my mouth and shut it again. Why did she have to dump her life story on me?

"And there's that, but there's also this feeling in my stomach; and it hurts, and I'm getting hot flashes, and I can sit in class and all of a sudden I'm hot, itchy, and I feel like I'm going to puke, and I have NO IDEA what it is."

That sounds really familiar.

"Do you just want to get up and run? And does your skin feel numb like there's something growing on it, but when it itches your fingers feel like feathers and you can't itch it at all?" I asked her, desperate for her to say no, for her to call me a freak, to tell me anything other then what I was thinking and for that matter dreading.

But instead she goes white and says, "How did you know that?"

Oh God. Is she a-

"Come here," I tell her in a demanding tone.

She walks over to me hesitantly and I smell her. I take away the smell if strong as fruity perfume, and then just under that I smell it.

Feline.

I had only heard of them in legends and mythology. They were suppose to be extinct.

Says the female werewolf of this millennia.

I feel my face pale.

"What? What is it?" Courtney asks in a nervous tone.

She obviously doesn't know herself.

But I do.

This girl is a shifter.

Or, dare I say, a WereCat.

************

The rest of the day passed by in a blur.

One minute I was talking to Courtney Hale, who is now also a WereCat, and the next. I'm home sitting on the couch watching reruns of Spongebob that I have seen at least 30 times.

"The Mash-flinging, the trash-ringing, The flash stringing ringing," Sponegebob says in a confused tone.

"Yes," Squidward says in an unamused tone, "The Hash Slinging Slasher."

I hear Tina chuckle behind me, "Isn't this your favorite Spongebob episode?"

I nodded.

She laughed and said, "My favorite part in this one is, 'night, night, night, night, night, night, night, night, night, night, night, night. Nana-na-na-na-NA! NIGHHT!!"

I start laughing hysterically.

Tina joins and laughs with me and then a serious look crosses her face and she says, "Aubrey, what happened in the woods today? You have been in a reverie ever since you came back."

I consider the secret I made and then I think about how Tina deserves to know there's another supernatural critter roaming about.

"Courtney Hale," I simply state.

Tina purses her lips, "What she'd do?"

"Nothing," I said.

I cracked a smile and shook my head, "She's a WereCat."

"Figures, right?" I told her in a disbelieving tone.

Tina laughed thinking I was joking and then she saw my face.

"You serious?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said.

Her face went pale, "Oh."

"Yeah," I said again.

"Well," she said, "Houston we have a problem."

I nodded, "Got that right."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Courtney Hale's POV*

I was sitting on my bed doing my Algebra homework.

I flick the pen back and forth and think of my earlier discussion with that Aubrey girl.

Why was she so freaked out?

Was there something wrong with me?

I pursed my lips and then I felt it.

My stomach churned and made me feel like I was going to upchuck the tacos from dinner.

My hands got itchy and I itched at them but nothing happened.

I couldn't even feel it.

My vision got blurry.

This was new.

I lean over and clutch my stomach.

I look outside at the woods.

Go, a voice in my head urges me, please. Go.

I try to move from my bed and I fumble to the floor.

Please do not wake my parents up.

I crawl my way to the en suite to my room.

God. Oh God.

I make my way to the door and pull my way onto the cold tiled floor.

It feels wonderful against my burning skin.

I pull myself up using the counter.

I double over but before I do I see my face.

I almost scream at what I see.

My eyes.

Oh God my eyes.

They were golden and my pupils... They were slitted.

Just like a cats.

"Somebody help me," I whisper.

And then I fall to the floor.

And Then... Nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I updated!

ARE YOU HAPPY, JULIA?

Ok, well, if you would: Vote, Comment, Message, Follow!

Thank you, cupcakes!

Peace Out!

XOXO

-Morgan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

721 98 22
Mature Audiences: Everything happens in 3's, a murder, a lost love, and a fantasy, many years in the making... But will she survive when all three of...
3.7K 239 23
[Book 1] Hi, my name is Ash. Ash. A bit of an unusuall name, I know, but I like it. I am 13 years old and I live in the orphanage that my mother aban...
9.1K 355 65
Warning this book is for mature readers only, sexual scenes, torture, death, gore and assault are all presents throughout the 2 books. Soon to be 3 b...
19.1K 546 6
(Book 2) Leila has a reputation as the pack princess, being the Alpha's daughter means that for most she is to be looked at but not touched. But that...