Stuck With You (One Direction...

By messedupbun

"Alive.." He started to say, repeating the last word. "That's how you make me feel." More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
SEQUEL
SEQUEL IS OUT!

Chapter 3

149K 2.7K 2.1K
By messedupbun

I felt the cool breeze of the wind hit my face. It stung, but Louis storming out hurt even more. I mean, I know we just met today, but how he walked out on me, and he didn't even want to look at me after I removed my sunglasses. I must be really ugly.

My head turned to face the other four boys. They were all talking like they don't know what to do. So, I started walking away, with my head down. 

"Effy wait!" Harry called out. He came near me and offered me a smile. I tried my best to smile back.

"Look, I'm sure Lou just had .. umm .. had a sudden tummy ache. I mean, he always has those umm.. sudden outbursts." He turned back at the three boys and asked, "Right?" 

They all nodded uncomfortabley. I know they were just covering up the truth. Niall even tried to put on a fake grin that made him just look so funny. Even with a heavy boots, I found myself giggling at these guys. 

"You know, you guys are really bad actors. Just stick to singing." I said smirking at them.

"Hey we're not acting!" Liam said defensively. 

I just shook my head and gave my last chuckle. "Thanks for trying to make this situation .. lighter. It was nice meeting you, but I think I should head back." I forced a smile and turned around on my way to my room.

"Hold on." Harry said catching up again. He spun me around, and I could see that he can see sadness and confusion written all over me. "At least let me take you to your room, okay?" 

"You really don't have to Harry.." I said, my voice trailing off. 

"But I want to, and I'm sure Louis wouldn't want you to go there alone." He said looking sternly at me. 

"And how are you so sure of that?" I mumbled looking at my feet.

His hands then cupped my chin and lifted it so our eyes met. Wow, he had amazing green orbs.

"I've never seen him this happy for a very long time, and I am not going to let you go away and take away the happiness that I know the two of you  get from each other." 

I was dumbfounded. I just bit my lip, not knowing what to say. But in my mind all I could think about was, Wow, Harry knows deep shit. 

 "Look straight into my eyes and say you didn't feel a pinch of happiness with him earlier. Forget that it has only been a day, or even hours less than a day. If you didn't, then go I'll let you walk by yourself. But if you did, please give him another chance. Just .. "

"I'll take the chance." I blurted. Harry then grinned and nodded. It's true, I did feel happy today. Happiest I've ever been in a long time. Now lingering in my mind was the thought that Louis hasn't been happy for a long time. Why? It really doesn't seem like that. 

Liam, Niall and Zayn then walked nearer to Harry and I. "I'll be taking her to her room." Harry said. The boys nodded. "Good night hugs?" Zayn said while wiggling his eyes. 

"I don't really do hugs with .. strangers." I say trying to be polite. I really don't! They all stared at me like I'm crazy.

"You know, a million girls would kill for your spot." Zayn added teasingly. "And wouldn't you want to hug this amazing body?" He said while flexing some of his muscles.

I laughed and said, "Okay, only this time." I hugged him, and the rest of the guys.

As the three guys were walking away, I looked at them, and at Harry and thought that Louis and the rest of them do make good friends. 

Making our way to my room was a bit silent. I still have those thoughts floating in my mind. What happened earlier? It was just so confusing. I thought we were having a good time and then.. Ugh this is so frustrating. 

And they say women are complicated.

I couldn't take it anymore. "Am I ugly?" I blurted out asking Harry. 

Harry fuzzed his eyebrows, like observing me. I didn't give him time to respond and I continued, "I mean because, when I removed my shades he .. well he got all upset and left. I mean, that must be it right? There might be no other reason and--"

Harry interrupted "Shut up Effy, you're beautiful." 

I stopped walking and stared at him. He stared back. "What?" He said. He continued walking, but I swear I saw him smirk first. 

Red streaks were forming on my cheeks. Not that I am interested in Harry, but he really knows his ways with the ladies. 

--------

I thanked Harry for bringing me back to my room. Once I entered, I flopped down on my bed. I groaned in frustration. I hope things get better tomorrow. I turned and noticed that my sister's magazine was on my bed. I couldn't help myself, I grabbed it and started snooping about the boys. Ugh, I look like an obsessed fan. No doubt they are famous, popular and talented. So far I've gathered that Niall loves eating, a lot. Zayn was the vain dude. Liam is the smooth and enticing. Harry was the effortless charming boy and the youngest one. As for Louis, he was the funny, energetic and adorable one. The article says he was the one who loves to crack jokes and to do pranks. Which makes me wonder, why did Harry said he hasn't been happy for a long time? I looked at the pictures, he really looks gleeful all the time. I put the magazine down and groaned again. Ugh, confusing world.

--------

"Wake up, the ship is about to dock Pearl Island!" Emily said as she was jumping up and down. I threw my pillow, but she ran away.

"Do get ready deary." Mom said as she walked out in her long bohemian maxi dress.

"Do I really have to?" I asked with my eyes still closed.

But she just went out of the door. I guess that's a yes. I dragged my body out of my bed and took a bath. I decided to wear an orange tank, aztec print shorts and some gladiator sandals. Okay, I think I look presentable enough for my mom. I tied my hair into a messy bun. I grabbed my bag and put in my bathing suit, just in case. 

The deck was full, people getting ready for the ship to dock and to explore this island. I made my way to the ledge, and looked down at the sea. Bad idea. I started feeling woozy again. Then and elbow nudged my rib.

"Don't tell me you are sea sick and riding a five day cruise." Harry snorted. 

"Just ... stop." I said pretending to look angry. And just on cue, the other boys started to approach. My heart started to beat faster when I saw Louis was with them. I thought that he didn't want to see me again. Our eyes met, but something was different. He lacked that spark that he had yesterday. And his face, it looks like all the energy has been drained. But I was still glad he was here. I gave him a smile, and I saw him give a tiny one back. 

For a moment, our eyes locked intensely, but then he just looked away. Niall sensed that something awkward was going between us so he said, "Jellybeans." 

Well that caught everyone's attention. "Excuse me?" I say looking whimsical at Niall. He just give me a childish grin and said, "Spur of the moment." He then trotted off to the buffet table. It's official, these guys are weird. 

The other guys also started to make their way to the buffet table, but Louis stayed put in his same position. His hands in his pockets. But he wasn't looking at me. 

"Louis I'm s--" 

"Sorry about last night Effy." He said, still not looking. "My tummy, got all messed up." That's really not convincing. 

"Oh.." I said. 

"Yeah, lobster really not my thing .. haha." I tried to smile, I really did, but it hurts to pretend like everything's okay. 

"Right." I just settled with that. I started making my way to some place away from him. I can't take bull shit.

"Wait!" Louis shouted. 

I turned around. "What?" My tone somewhat angry and upset. 

He came nearer to me, and finally looked at me, in the eyes. I felt his body tense, like he was taking all of his strength to look at me. "It's pretty complicated right now .. I can't explain .. I just .. --" He looked so  hurt and upset. I know he is trying his best so I stopped him.

"I can wait." I said. I then smiled at him, genuinely. And so did he, but again with all his strength. He then started to walk away the opposite direction. 

Well, at least that's a start. 

-----------------

The boat docked, and mom, Em and I started to walk down the ramp. I looked at the far right of the island and decided I wanted to go there, but they wanted to go on the other end. 

"Don't worry, when the bell rings I'll just go straight ahead into the ship and we can meet in our room. Or if I'm not there, I'll probably be in the library." I said to mom.

"Bookworm." Emily muttered.

I patted her head and said, "Well at least I'm not a nine year old who watches Sixteen and Pregnant."

I saw my mom's eyes widened. "Oops." I said, not really sorry about what I just exposed. I stuck out my tongue at Emily and started to walk away. 

The island was amazing. I was walking for about 5 minutes, the waves hitting my feet on the shoreline. The water was crystal clear blue. I suddenly remembered Louis' eyes. They were amazing. I looked up and saw that the birds were flying onto the horizon as a group. It's amazing how little things could be so splendid. 

I then came across a cave. Should I go in? I then saw something glimmer just at the opening. Okay, that's a yes. 

I crept inside and gasped. It was full of lime stones. Very beautiful. And on the floor were some scattered sea shells of different kinds. I felt like singing A Part Of Your World, the song that Ariel sang in Little Mermaid.

Then I saw a shiny encrusted goblet on the far end, and a book resting underneath it. I started walking on the jagged stones to make my way to the goblet. 

And then I lost my balanced and my foot slipped. "Ahh!" I screamed and down my body went. My butt really hurts. I started to stand up, but then I realized my foot was stuck in  between to large stones on the ground. I tried to kick the stones but they were too heavy and were surrounded with more stones. 

"Help!!" I shouted. But as if someone would hear me. I grabbed my phone from my bag. Typical, no signal. This is it. I'm going to die in a cave in Pearl Island. Not really a good story. 

"Help!!" I shouted about 20 times more. I started no notice that the light outside is turning orange. Oh no, sunset. I tried to pull of my foot, but still no luck. Tears were starting to form, I really don't want to die yet. But then again, I'd see dad --"

I heard voices outside. "Help!! In the cave please!!" I shouted. More voices appeared.

"Guys, I think that cave is speaking to me." said one in an Irish accent. Irish? It must be Niall. 

"Niall!! Help!!" I shouted again. 

"HOLY CRAP IT KNOWS MY NAME!!" Niall shouted. I giggled a bit, I really wanted to prank him right now but I really wanted to get out now.

"Niall it's me Effy!! I'm stuck help!!" I shouted. 

"Effy?" Another voice said. I knew that voice. Then I saw the shadows of the guys at the opening of the cave. 

They must have seen me sitting down helpless because they rushed to me at once. To my surprise, Louis was the fastest one to come to me. He knelt down and looked at the situation. His gaze then reached mine. My eyes were about to form tears before they came, too late to wipe them away. 

"It's going to be okay. Just relax, we will get you out." He said calmly. I nodded. 

Liam then grabbed my foot, "Maybe if we just pull this.." He started to pull it and I screamed in pain. 

Louis then pushed Liam's arm. "You're hurting her!!" He said looking frustrated at Liam. Liam shot him and me an apologetic look. 

I smiled and said, "You were just trying to help." He then nodded and smiled back.

"Maybe if we just push the rocks?" Harry suggested. They all nodded and Louis said, "Zayn, Niall, Harry take that rock. Liam, you and I on this." They all made their places.

"I could help?" I say trying not to be useless. 

"I think that's not a good idea." Louis said then smirked. Hey, he actually smirked!! I blushed and just looked down. 

"Okay, one -- two -- three go!" Zayn counted. And in just five seconds my foot was released. I cried a tone of happiness and hugged the guy right next to me. I didn't know that it was Louis. After realizing it was him, I remembered he hates me or something so I started to retract. But then his hands suddenly wrapped my waist and hugged me back. My heart started to beat faster than the usual, surprised because of his reaction. 

After awkwardly retracting, I faced the other guys and hugged them one by one. 

"Thank you so much, I owe all of you." I said.

"Just treat us to Nando's after the cruise and your debt is paid." Niall joked.

I nodded and laughed with them. I looked at the corner and saw that Louis was now laughing a bit too. 

"We better go, the ship might leave us." Harry started to say leading us out the cave. 

"They wouldn't leave us, we're One Direction!!" Zayn shouted skipping at the shore line. 

I was trailing behind the boys, then I felt  body got closer to me. "I got scared." Louis said. I jumped a bit, surprised he was beside me. I looked at him and saw that he wasn't looking at me. Okay, he might have issues looking at me, but at least he is talking to me. 

"Scared of what?" I ask.

"When I saw you there, on the ground. When I heard you screaming for help.. I got scared that you got hurt.." He said. 

"Louis why can't you--" 

"Effy --"

"Why can't you look at me when you're talking to me?" I finally said. 

"It's .. complicated.." He said. Psh, everything is. "Just, give me some time, please?" Louis asked facing me, but his eyes were focused on my lips. I nodded. 

"You're different." He started to say all of a sudden. "You're much more .. beautiful.." Okay now he was being cryptic.

"GUYS THE SHIP IS NOT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Zayn shouted running around like a maniac. My head turned at the dock, and he was right it wasn't there. 

"No, this can't be.." I said leaving Louis' side and looking far into the ocean. I couldn't even see the ship. 

I looked around and saw Harry sitting on the sand, looking tired. Oh god, this is all my fault, if I haven't been so stupid to get my foot stuck they wouldn't be here .. we wouldn't be here. Stupid Effy, stupid stupid .. 

"Don't even think about blaming yourself." Someone said as he passed by me to look over the ocean. It was Louis, and it was just like he read my mind. 

I turned and faced the other guys, "What do we do now?" I asked. 

"They'll come back for us, I'm sure of that." Zayn said trying to be optimistic. I saw Liam giving Niall a boost to the coconut tree. "I think it's actually fun, like an Adventure of the Boys with Effy!" Niall said dropping some coconuts. "I agree." Liam said. 

Harry then grinned and said, "Well, when you look at it like that.. it does sound fun." 

Zayn nodded his head, "A whole island to our selves? We should rename it, Isle Zayn!" 

Niall threw a coconut on Zayn's back. They then started chasing each other, then came along Harry and Liam who joined the chase. 

I made my way at the shore line beside Louis who was still looking at the ocean beyond the horizon. "So, what do you have to say about this?" he asked smiling a little. I just shrugged not really knowing what to feel being stranded on an island with five guys I just met yesterday. 

"What about you?" I asked. 

He then looked at me, and straight into my eyes. "I think it's time to work on my second chance."

And then I saw that smile that captivated me yesterday. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 34 20
[COMPLETED] I'm bad at descriptions but it's a good story so read it!
35.6K 614 62
"I didn't think a heart was capable of feeling this much love for a person. I guess you really can love someone so much... It hurts."
1.7K 21 5
*previously posted on @harrehstylesfan*
17.8K 367 26
"When you promise something you are supposed to keep that promise.If you're not willing to do so , then don't make the damn promise."