Alpha Daniel | astera22

By astera22

"Be careful, sweetheart. I can make you scream my name right now if only I wanted to. And it wouldn't be scre... More

Alpha Daniel
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Preview
Chapter 9 (R)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Preview
Chapter 17 (R)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Alpha Alexander Reveal
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - R Scene Preview
Chapter 21 (R Scene)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 31

252K 8.2K 2.2K
By astera22

At this point, I was certain that everyone else in the room expected a confession. Admittedly, even I was because of the way he said it.

"My father is conspiring against you." He says, looking at both me and Daniel in particular.

I knew it!

I feel like shouting it out loud, but stop myself. Instead I look over at Daniel to see his reaction, but am faced with no emotion.

The door opens just then, and I think everyone jumps a little, startled by the added tension in the room. It was Alex though.

He walks in confidently, with a charming smile on his face that would make me melt if it wasn't for the fact other males didn't have the same affect on me as much as my own mate did.

I'm sure his mate will appreciate her fate.

Alexander's facial expression changes, as he notices how quiet and serious well all are.

"What have I just missed?" He gives us a flat look. And that is when the others begin to join us. Randall - who was now present for the meeting where we discuss a way to get back his wife, Dylan and of course at one point Enzo joins, strolling in, fashionably late.

***

So far, it felt like a long day. I could tell that everyone was already tired of the discussions we have had, however one of the main points was yet to be touched upon and it was already noon. At least we had an action plan on how to bring back Martha, Randall's wife home.

"How can I be certain you have nothing to do with this plotting against us? Because I assume that he wants to hurt my mate to hurt or weaken me." Daniel begins the topic we've been avoiding so far.

"Actually, I think this time, it has nothing to do with you. Yes, my father is not your fan, but his motive is to hurt Remington, not you." Nate begins.

I see Daniel clench his knuckles, as he glances over to me. Noticing this, I place my hand on his knee under the table - something I did often and something that calmed him every time.

"I'm afraid my father is still holding a grudge about you rejecting my proposal." Nate now turns to me.

I feel a little awkward at this point, all eyes on me, as I make eye contact with Maria. I was sure she was finding it hard talking about how her mate and I were meant to get married in his father's eyes, and how we could have been if I had said yes.

"So what? He's planning to kill me for it now? Does that not sound a little extreme?" I ask, not understanding why it was such a big deal to him. Like come on... I understand he was upset but it wasn't a reason to end my life.

"Well then, straight after we rescue my wife, we are announcing war." Randall speaks up. I noticed that he was looking at Nathan to see his reaction to his declaration. Naturally, Nate wasn't showing signs of joy, but he was not protesting either.

"Alright. You have my support." He finally agrees with Randall, so far proving his loyalty to us.

It all only meant one thing however; this battle would not be one to only save Martha. It would be killing two birds with one stone by also trying to kill Nick Locke.

***

Straight after the meeting was over, it was time to put our plan into action. When it gets dark, we will surround the area of Martha's place of hostage, from every side and make the process as quick as possible. A few people will first enter the Mountain Pack, this will distract them while we will enter it again from the opposite side of the border.

And by we, I mean Daniel and a team of other men, probably all the other Alphas and guards to go with them because Daniel won't let me or any of the girls join them. I was rather offended at first, but then he explained that it was only because he couldn't risk us getting hurt, not because they didn't believe we could help them succeed. I wasn't really in the position to fight either, at the moment.

That didn't stop me from worrying about his own safety however, and I desperately didn't want him to be a part of it; I knew he had to though. And if he did, I wanted to be by his side, if only I could.

Everyone who attended the meeting was given a room for the next few hours, before everything would begin. I was in mine and Daniel's as I speak.

"You're quiet. Are you alright?" He asks me, sitting down next to me on the bed. I was staring out of our window, at nothing in particular, only worrying thoughts on my mind.

What if Daniel got hurt? What if he got captured and never came back?

What if he got killed?

"Yes." I answer, closing my eyes to fully indulge in his arm around my neck from behind, and the body heat that was radiating off of him.

I was beginning to fully realise how much he meant to me, and how I literally could not live without him. And that hurt, more than I could ever know.

"Don't lie."

His lips touch my neck and then move over to my own as he kisses me from the side. I take my time to fully appreciate that and not take it for granted. It could be one of the last.

"I can't stay here and not do anything while you go out on a suicide mission." I whisper, trying hard not to break down. I kept being reminded of the fact this wasn't just Martha's escape. It was the real deal.

"I love you too much to risk your life in any way out there." He breathes into my neck as he pulls me into his lap.

I twist my body towards him, to get a clear view of his face, on which I placed my hand on.

"Likewise, Daniel." I reply, closing my eyes once more and wrapping my arms around his neck. At this moment we were only appreciating our time together, not knowing how long of it we had.

"You know that someone has to sort this out. That someone needs to be me too." He explains. "Someone has to get rid of the bastard that is trying to kill you."

"I understand." I nod. Because I did. I really did understand, but I couldn't accept it.

I take my face away from his neck and back to the front of his face to give him another lasting kiss.

"You think you're saving my life," I begin. "But you won't be saving it if you lose yours. I'm going to die without you either way, it will be too much to handle the break of the bond, and I'd rather with you on a battle field than because of your own death."

Daniel locks eyes with me, looking extremely focussed and concentrated as he listens to what I have to say. There is a long break of silence, until he leans in for another kiss as his hand goes through my long hair.

"I won't die. And neither will you." He pauses the kiss, smiling at me. "Once we do, we will both be too old to walk, with children who will be the strongest leaders yet. Thought about them yet?"

A tear fell down my cheek as his mention of our future and children really triggered my emotions. It was a cue that really made me lose any strength I had in me left.

I wanted to stay strong and not break down, but this was essentially a goodbye and I couldn't live with that. At least for now, because I needed to stay positive, but Daniel's plans for our future didn't seem to likely all of a sudden.

He traces his thumb along my jaw, wiping out the tear that fell down to it on the way as he continues our slow kiss. He lays me down gently, removing my own and his clothes, in the same pace as the one our kiss continued in.

This may also be our last time.

***

"Stay in this pack house, and do not leave." Daniel instructs. He was directing the message at me, but was talking to all the girls left. That included Alice and Maria who were also not allowed to come by their own mates, for the same reasons. We were outside of the house, as they were about to leave.

"And this time actually stay." He says in a much quieter tone, now wrapping me into an embrace as he takes in my scent, his heavy breathing can be felt on my neck. "Please."

"Come back to me." I whisper back, instead. This was the final goodbye, and I noticed that the other girls were saying theirs too from a distance away from us, and Enzo - who was gladly joining the fight - was also with Myra.

"Always." He nods, as I cry silently into his shoulder for a long while, as I think of a way to tell him. I was emotional, but I had a reason to be. Daniel could die, and I had no options of helping him.

"I need you to come back for us." I look up at him, wording my sentence carefully.

"Don't worry about me. I will be back for you, for Alice-"

"And our child that you were talking about earlier."

It's as if everything around him stops. He stops talking and holds his breath as he piercingly stares at me. His hands find either side of my face as he frowns. I see a hint of realisation glint in his dark eyes, but heavily mixed with confusion and uncertainty.

I nod at him, so softly - almost unnoticeably, confirming what I suspect he is now thinking.

"For our baby." I whisper again, letting him take my hand into his.

♡ ♡
Guys, I'm so annoyed! I'm going to have to somehow change the plot of Alpha Alexander because I came across not one, but two books already that have a very similar one to what I was planning.

Sigh.

I know I probably should ignore that, and make it my own version anyway but it's just going to bother me really. So I'm going to have to think of a few new ideas. I hope I do on time for the publishing date for Alpha Alexander.

I have a confession, I'm not really sure if I already gave Randall's wife a name or not. I called her Martha in this chapter but honestly I don't remember if I gave her one or not, I think I just referred to her as Randall's wife (Curley's wife, anyone??!😂 Comment if ya know!).

If she already has a name, then I'm sorry and please let me know so I can edit this part.

And was the pack that captured her the Mountain Pack? God knows. Do I remember? Nope.

And do you remember that time I did a Q&A and never answered those? Yep, me too now. I'm such a disgrace, I'm sorry😂, I'll answer those some time. And clearly I'm on a roll with listing all the bad things I'm doing as an author.

I'm living proof that us writers are not perfect in the slightest and we most definitely do not remember every aspect of what we write. We do make mistakes, I promise you (I'm sure you've noticed). We're just as human as you all are ❤️.

NOW, let's talk about the ending of this chapter, shall we?!

I was hinting throughout it, so if you've picked it up before it was announced by Remi, well done!

Fun fact, I actually decided to make her pregnant whilst writing this chapter (I mean, she was meant to be anyway but I didn't want to announce it until the next book actually came out).

Perks of being a writer - I'm in full control of everything and can do whatever, whenever. I could even kill Alex off right now as I speak if I so wished to... All I need to do is type a sentence. I think you get the point😂, I won't do that however because then there wouldn't be a second book, would there?

We're getting close to 1 MILLION reads on Alpha Daniel and I'm just on cloud nine. Thank you so much, I'm truly blessed.

Have a good night loves,
-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 16.1K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
17.3K 577 6
"You're mine, don't you understand!" he shouted "No," I say quietly lowering my head as to not see his pitch black eyes and angry state. As my eyes s...
798K 21.9K 40
Book One Nikita Anderson, a young werewolf from the Blood Moon pack. Shortly after her twentieth birthday she soon realizes that she is mated to none...
413K 11.6K 42
Madison Walcott: She's a twenty two year old werewolf with a dark past she'd rather forget. Trying to move on with her life and make the most of it...