Magi Fanfic: Fallen Destinies...

By artemi5c

You're the Holy Maiden of a small land, conqueror of the 4th dungeon, Balam. As Yunan guides you to a new jou... More

A New Journey
Children should not play near dangerous places
The Dungeon
Departure
About faith and loneliness
Sindria
Unexpected guest
Running
Back to duty
Sinbad's POV
As a friend
Under Attack
Guiding light

Elepheltes' Lands

3.4K 122 6
By artemi5c

You felt nervous when the crow's nest called for land. You had override your rights by seeking help in Sindria and the sentence for high treason wasn't a joyful one, even for the Holy Maiden. In a less personal matter, Kou's soldiers were reported to be everywhere in the country. Not a single village were without a handful of soldiers and you feared they'd use this position to take control of Elepheltes' Lands. Everything was slipping from your hands because of your decision to go to Sindria...

It was with a grave look on your face that you disembarked the ship. As you mounted the horse readied for you, you took a deep breath, filling your lungs with salty air. It was now the only thing linking you to Sinbad, but you quickly chased this thought by shaking your head. You had missed the large buildings of the Capital and its people. A crowd procession followed you and the princess to the main temple. If you were usually welcomed by cheerings and wreaths of flowers, today was awfully quiet and under the close watch of Kou's soldiers. You couldn't help but feel unwelcome in your own country. Thankfully the temple wasn't far from the shore and you quickly passed the imposing red wooden gate. The six Elders were waiting for you in the front garden, with a tall red haired man you supposed to be the first prince. Your armor clattered when you climb down from your horse and the Elders bowed their head when you feet touched the ground. Ren Kouen approached and placed his fist on his heart before bowing.

"It's an honor to meet the leader of Elepheltes' Army. Your soldiers are part of the strongest I had the chance to face."

"And you are the only ones who bestowed civilian loss on us," you said standing firm.

"My only wish is to rally every country under the same banner, your Holiness."

You closed your hands in fists, resisting the urge to punch his goatee. "Bloodshed is not a way to unification."

The two of you stood silence for a few seconds, fighting each other with a glance. One of the Elders took a step towards you, both hands in front of him.

"My, my... Elepheltes is a merciful being and His envoy should show the same virtue."

"My apologies, Elder Oscar," you muttered, without even looking at him. "Maybe we should continue this discussion inside."

Kouen smiled at your proposition and it took you all your strength to smile back.

Kougyoku and Ka Koubun were escorted to the east aisle while the Prince and the Elders went to the council chamber, in the west aisle. Weapons weren't allowed inside so you put your bow on one of the altar. You concealed Asmodai's dagger in one of you boot when the group passed behind you. As soon as they left, Mephelios leaned toward you to whisper in your ear. "This isn't good. The army is not here, nor is Yura. I can't go with you so be careful."

"I'll be. For now, you should find where they are. Prepare yourself for every scenario."

He slightly nod and disappeared quickly with Helga in another hallway.

You followed the group inside and sat at your usual place, at the end of the table. Kouen sat at the other end, putting the two of you on an equal level. When everybody was in his or her place, Elder Oscar coughed to have the attention.

"We are here to discuss the peace's offer that Prince Ren Kouen of the Kou empire were kind enough to propose. The Holy Maiden still have to answer for her behavior but I trust everyone here to postpone this matter to another time."

His sentences were as long as ever but you quietly thanked him for avoiding internal quarrels in front of the prince. He took a long breath before continuing.

"For now, I would like to welcome with us the instigator of this blessed meeting."

The door opened once again and Yura entered, followed by masked people you never saw before. Sinbad's words came back in your mind and you frowned. Your guts were telling you that those people had something to do with his warnings. The fact that Yura were with them should have reassure you but her eternal smile was a one she never shown before. You noticed that four of the Elders, including Oscar, bowed to her with a totally new respect. She sat beside Kouen as they exchanged a knowing glance.

"Lady (y/n), Elders. I would like to propose the complete surrender of Elepheltes' Lands to the Kou Empire."

You rose from your chair, eyes widened from shock. "Complete surrender? To the people who murdered so much of our people? This is nonsense."

To your surprise, none of the Elders supported you. All avoided your gaze, played with their fingers or simply looked at their knees.

"As you see, (y/n), everyone here think the same as me." Yura's smile grew wider when she laid her head in her palm. "Kou's protection is the best thing that we can hope for."

"Aren't we at least going to negotiate? You all know what happened in Balbadd after Kou's intervention. Do you want Elepheltes' Lands to get ripped of their culture, their belief?"

You felt like speaking to a group of deaf people. Except Yura, nobody was paying attention to you. You closed your hands in fists before taking a deep breath.

"Even if I'm alone, I'll protect the people of Elepheltes. This is the duty He bestowed upon me and I plan to fulfill it, with or without your consent. Kou is not an acceptable liege and will never be. I would rather die than surrender to them."

You prepared to leave and none of them tried to stop you. In fact, the lack of any reaction was as alarming as your household's behaviour. You turned to Oscar but his eyes were lost in the table's wood. You quickly checked on the others, finding them in the same state. Even Kouen seemed unconscious.

Yura bursted into laughter. "My poor (y/n)! Listen to yourself! You're the one who wants to get rid of this ridiculous faith the most! Don't you remember how much you were jealous when you saw Mephelios embrace another woman? You came to me crying, wishing from the bottom of your heart to be able to feel a hug. Pitiful Holy Maiden! How can you bear such a lonely path and still believe in Him?"

The tone of her voice was distorted like she was losing all sanity by spitting her monologue. You had a hard time believing the gentle woman who always followed you could seem so full of hatred. Yet the look she gave you send shivers down your spine. You instinctively equipped Asmodai's dagger, lighting the room with the warm orange of the fire blade.

"Yura, what's happening?" you asked with all the gentleness you were capable of, in a vain attempt to calm her.

"What's happening?" she mocked. "I'm sick of it. I'm sick of your Miss Perfect attitude, of your lack of ambition! Queen Vessel? Don't make me laugh! I can offer so much more than you! Do you even know how it feels being only split seconds late?"

She never showed this resentment before. After all, you two always were together since birth. She even was your Household Member. Pointing a blade at her felt so wrong, but she was barely herself and it didn't take long before she draw her sword.

"Today will be a new dawn for our country and you are not needed anymore!"

She jumped to you, filled with killing intent and you quickly stopped her blade with your own. She had more strength than you and she pushed you against the wall. If it had to be a sword duel, you knew you'd never get the upper hand. While you were training for the bow, she was sparing with some of the best.

She pushed harder, decreasing the distance between her blade and your face enough to cut your cheek. You dashed on the side, freeing yourself from her, and runned to the door. Just before you could reach it, your feet left the ground and you were levitating without any strength left to your muscles. You slightly turned and saw one of the masked people pointing a staff at you.

"You have nowhere to run, thanks to my new friends here," Yura chuckled.

You tried to move but without support all you could do was kicking the air. Yura came closer to you, playing with simulated carelessness with her sword. She was enjoying your fight and you asked yourself what in the world could have happen for her to change this much. Just as she charged, to door blew open and a familiar red head entered, followed by the magician Talven.

"What the hell is happening here?"

Mephelios' deep voice distracted your assailant enough to let you throw your dagger at him. His robe caught on fire when the incandescent blade touched it. The masked man did nothing to stop from burning. The fabric turned black and just before his flesh suffered from the flames, he turned himself into a wooden doll. You fell loudly on the ground.

Meanwhile, Mephelios and Yura fought on equal grounds, despite him being far stronger than her. A quick analysis of their fight showed you the Fanalis had the same issue as you. He didn't see Yura as an enemy and he couldn't bring himself to hurt her. The other magician didn't let you lose time and sent a wave of flames towards you. Without any weapon, you could only roll to the side, hoping to be fast enough to evade them. But you weren't. Just moment before the fire consumed you, you heard a familiar voice scream unfamiliar words.

"Foraz Zora!"

Gusts of wind passed over you, extinguishing the raging flames and throwing the other magician against a wall. Large hands felt on your shoulders and dragged you toward their owner in a hug.

"That's why I wanted you to stay with me," whispered Sinbad, his face pressed against your messy hair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

971 15 16
I can't remember you. I sometimes have dreams about you when I sleep. They're flashbacks from back then. Who are you? What did you mean to me? I can...
236K 8.7K 20
Princess (Y/N) hails from the country of Tenrou, where she is known not only as an incredible dancer, but as the next to take the throne. When a pair...
188K 6.4K 30
You grew up in the Tison Village, with Sinbad being your only friend your age. Living with your adopted father, your young life was peaceful, up unti...
7.5K 319 27
This is a prequel to the main story Fate is cruel - Magi [Sinbad x OC], that I'll start after finishing this one. This story is based on the manga Ad...