Lookism In K-Pop

By love-at-first-fanfic

Wanting to find a way to get money, Hyung Seok ends up as a K-Pop star! Setting is after chapter 74, but no f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28: Weekly Idol - Super Rookies
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31: Kim Won Joon [1]
Chapter 32: Kim Won Joon [2]
Chapter 33: Kim Won Joon [3]
Chapter 34: Kim Won Joon [4]

Chapter 21

1.9K 110 34
By love-at-first-fanfic

Early in the morning, the sky still dark outside, an alarm clock resounded through the thin walls of a certain dorm room.

After a few seconds had passed, complaints started to start one after another.

The one closest to the alarm clock, Jin Sung, groaned as he turned it off.

Glancing at the time, it read, "6:30 AM"

Blinking, he rubbed his eyes. His eyes less blurry, he read it again.

It was the same time.

Quickly sitting up, he glanced around.

Everyone was still sleeping.

That wasn't a surprise as their choreography teacher, Jang Hyeon, made them learn new dance moves for both male and female K-Pop groups. The reason being unknown. The fact that they had to dance to female groups confused him, but he didn't question it; the others didn't either.

There was no point in questioning it as they were going to do it whether they liked it or not. To make it worse, not only were they sore from practicing for their audition earlier that morning, Jang Hyeon added to the pain as they didn't stop dancing until he felt that it was worthy enough.

By the time they finished, it was already three in the morning. The fact that they had to take a shower and get ready for bed, made them sleep even later. There was a limit on what they could do with two bathrooms, after all.

Back to Jin Sung. He didn't know if he was supposed to wake them up or not. It's not his responsibility if his fellow members are late to school.

Thinking over his options, he decides to wake them up... after getting ready.

Smirking at the idea of getting to use the bathroom first, he tiptoes through the small hallway leading to the bathroom.

Glancing around the room again, he takes a note of where every member is.

Laying on the couch was Jae Yeol. He looked quite peaceful while sleeping, his arm off the couch while his hand was his replacement for a pillow.

Seeing him, Jin Sung felt tempted to lift his bangs up, but figured that it would take too much time and could possibly wake the other up.

Continuing his way, he notices Hyung Seok near the couch on the ground.

He remembers the little conversation between those two on who can sleep on the couch but could only remember Hyung Seok talking to himself while the other franticly waved his hands in front of him.

Somehow, Hyung Seok, in one way or another, managed to win the argument between them. He wondered why the winner was sleeping on the ground, though.

Ignoring that for now, he turned his gaze to the opposite side to see Vasco and Bum Jae on the ground.

Vasco softly snored, his body tucked in a blanket. Wondering when Vasco got his hands on a blanket, he glanced at Bum Jae. He laid on his side, not facing Vasco's direction.

Not finding it weird, Jin Sung felt like he was missing someone as he turned his gaze back on where he was walking.

Realizing what he had forgotten in a split second, he saw the one he forgot.

In front of the door, Jang Hyeon laid in a fetal position; seemingly okay with sleeping in such a narrow hallway.

Jin Sung was surprised to see him there, however, the feeling was soon replaced with fear. He could've sworn Jang Hyeon's sleeping place was near the small kitchen area. Seeing him so far away from that area, slightly scared him.

Getting over the feeling, he now has a problem at hand.

How does he get passed him without waking him up?

Sure, he could just go to the other bathroom, but what would he do? His stuff was in the bathroom Jang Hyeon was currently blocking.

He could wake him up, but Jang Hyeon also happened to use the same bathroom.

Sweating a little, he makes the toughest decision in his life.

Silently wishing that the leader would let him use the bathroom first, he wakes him up.

However, instead of going for the gentle approach, he nudges him with his foot; hard.

In that moment, Jin Sung knew that he messed up.

...

Jin Sung sat in the back of the car, a bruise on his cheek.

Smiling apologetically, Jang Hyeon patted his back.

"Sorry, Lee Jin Sung. I didn't mean to punch you in the face," his smile changed, giving a dangerous feeling, "but you know... you could've woken me up gentler."

Jin Sung knew that he could beat Jang Hyeon if they were to fight, but he knew that Jang Hyeon has other approaches on making him regret it.

Making his dance moves harder.

He was already having a hard time with his current ones; if he were to be given harder ones, he knew that he wouldn't be able to handle it.

Not wanting that to happen, Jin Sung automatically bowed his head, "I'm sorry. I won't do it again."

Satisfied with his response, Jang Hyeon went back to his friendly smile, "Good to know that we both agree."

Arriving at the school, the six of them said their goodbyes to the driver before walking out of the car.

While leaving, their fellow students noticed them immediately.

"Are they the rumored new group?"

"They're so cool!"

"Che. I'm from the same company. What's so special about them?"

Walking passed them, the five of them ignored them on favor of getting to school on time. The one that didn't was Jang Hyeon. He got stopped by a group of girls.

The five glanced at him before continuing their way to school; there was no reason for them to wait for him.

...

In the cafeteria, the students were talking about the new topic.

The K-Pop group, Lookism.

They weren't exactly talking about them, but instead, the video that was posted of them on the DY agency home page.

"Kyaaa! Hyung Seok is so good at dancing!"

"Vasco's surprisingly good at rapping."

"Jae Yeol is so cool! The mysterious vibe matches him perfectly!"

While the students were distracted, the six sat on one table with a few extra people sitting nearby.

Since they had a lot of different friends, the extras had to get their own table for their group; making that two in total.

Mi Jin stared at the group, her expression unreadable as usual. However, there was a hint of a certain emotion showing.

Loneliness.

"Hey, Kim Mi Jin."

Mi Jin glanced up at the caller.

Kim Yui.

"What do you think Jin Sung and the rest are talking about?"

Hearing her love rival, she turns her head, arms crossed with her eyes closed, "Hmph. Who knows..."

Despite acting as if she didn't care, her eyes opened to take one more peek at Jin Sung.

He seemed to notice her stare as he perked up and waved at her.

Seeing him with such a happy smile, she waved back. Unable to stop her lips from twitching, she gave him a small smile.

Jin Sung didn't miss the chance to express the feeling he got from that smile as he placed his hand over his heart.

While he was doing that, Hyung Seok noticed that he wasn't paying attention.

"Jin Sung?"

He reacts to his name being called, "What?"

Looking around, he saw that they were currently in some kind of meeting.

"We were being recorded?" Bum Jae asked as everyone leaned close to the center of the table.

"Did anyone know that there were cameras in the audition room?" Hyung Seok asked, joining the conversation.

Slightly raising his hand, Jang Hyeon got their attention, "I knew there were cameras in the training room, but I didn't know that the CEO would post the video..." Placing his hand on his chin, he continued, "Isn't this a good thing?"

The confusion on their faces made Jang Hyeon sigh:

"This will help spread our name out."

...

The CEO sat in his office room.

Staring at his computer screen, he smirked as he read the comments on the webpage.

"They're cute."

"Isn't he the one from Paprika?"

"He became a K-Pop idol?!"

"I'll root for them all the way!"

Lacing his fingers together with his elbows on the desk, he thought:

It's time for the next step.

...

A/N: Remember that moment where I forgot to tell you that Jaeseok/Jaesuk is happening in this fanfic? Well, I also forgot to tell you guys that Jin Sung x Mi Jin is in this too... I kind of forgot that I was planning on writing this pair (as you can tell from Mi Jin only appearing for the second time). Oh, and I posted an hour early! It's 11 now. Woah.

What should the Lookism members be called? Like, Eun Tae's stage name is Vasco. Hyung Seok will be Hyungseok. Jae Yeol... maybe J? Bum Jae, um, uhhhh, Bumjae? Jang Hyeon as Hyeon? Jin Sung as Jin (but there's already a Jin from BTS)?

If you guys have better ideas for their name, please tell me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 267 60
From fear to admiration. From members to leaders. From petty gangs to ruling the country. After young Hongjoong meets young Seonghwa, it's only a m...
119K 4.3K 27
Where Park Jimin is just a ordinary 17 yr old that goes to school and is going to graduate soon. He finds himself intrasted in his hot gym teacher. J...
9.4K 699 30
A Lookism x Reader story. "I wonder if I made the right choice, coming here, to live the dream I always wanted. But it seems I can't leave a certain...
5.7K 409 15
[COMPLETED] ***READ THE NON-KPOP VERSION OF THIS STORY @atlas_carter*** When Y/N, an orphan, runs away from her orphanage she is forced to live withi...