Rather Be With You - Sequel t...

By lover-of-fandoms

Ria Rider is back again and this time she's traveling to the Isle with Ben, Carlos, Evie, and Jay to bring ba... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 - The End
More Descendants
Descendants - Aus and One shots
Z-o-m-b-i-e-s

Chapter 3

5.6K 156 109
By lover-of-fandoms

Wow, let's just say that leather is a good look on me. Bless Evie for making this way in advance for me cause I look amazing. After checking myself out in the mirror for a minute or two taking in the vibes of the Isle clothing, I can totally see why none of them have changed their style. Once I was done admiring this amazing ensemble, I headed out of my dorm and started making my way outside. When I was outside I found Carlos and Jay sitting on a bench both looking impatient and worried.

"Hey did Ben and Evie come out?" I questioned walking over to the two of them as they both looked up and were immediately taken aback by me. "I know, the leather makes everyone look amazing. Don't you think?" I teased grabbing onto the bottom sides of my jacket and posed for them.

"Yeah..." Jay coughed. "It's a real nice look for you," he responded sounding a little flustered.

"Wait, you're coming with us? No way. I don't want you getting hurt," Carlos stated standing up next to me ignoring my new outfit.

"Yes, Carlos," I sighed taking his hands in mine. "I'm coming. Someone needs to be there to protect Ben. I'm a nobody to anyone on that Isle. I could easily pass for some villains kid or even a henchman's kid. No one is going to be concerned about me. You three on the other hand, I think you should be more worried for yourselves," I told them as Carlos nodded. He knew I was right.

"I don't know. Your features are way too Rapunzel-esque and the Flynn getup. I don't know who you're going to fool," Jay spoke up as I shot him a look.

"Look, I'm going and that's final. I care about Mal and more importantly I care about Ben. I'm not going to let him get hurt. I don't need that stress of the unknown. I'll keep a low profile, we all will. Don't worry about me. Now where's Ben and Evie?" I asked again as I heard the main doors open and Ben and Evie came rushing out.

"Okay, we're ready to go. We'll take the limo. Come on," Ben said as we all stood up and started rushing down the stairs together. "Jay, keys, remote," he shouted tossing them to Jay as he rushed over to the limo.

"Wait, something's wrong," Evie stopped us and went over to pull Ben's beanie down lower. "There."

"You still look like a huge dork, though. Isle of the Lost does not look good on you," I told him as Ben gave me a slight push with a small smile.

"Shotgun!" We heard a voice shout and when we turned around it was Dude standing behind us.

"No, Dude stay. The Isle is way too dangerous," Carlos sternly told him as Evie gasped.

"Did he just..." Jay started to say.

"Talk? Yeah, I know. I'll tell you later," Carlos responded but everyone was too concerned about Mal to care enough about Dude.

"Let's go," Ben simply stated as we all piled into the limo with Jay driving and Carlos in the front with him.

"Okay, once we reach the bridge, park under the pier in the old garage. Got it?" Evie asked.

"Got it." Jay answered and we were on our way.

"It's going to be okay," I told Ben as I held his hand and he nodded. We just sat there in silence for the less than ten minutes of a ride to the Isle. We were all on the same wave length and there was nothing for us to say, we needed to focus on getting Mal and Mal only.

Once we did finally reach the Isle we all got out of the limo and I took in the site of this place where all my friends spent their whole lives at. Everyone helped covered the limo with a tarp and after just taking in the erieness of the Isle, it felt so weird. No wonder the kids acted like villains when they were treated like ones imprisoned on this Isle. Ben came over to me as the two of us began to check out this huge pipe that looked like it could connect to a sewer but we weren't too sure.

"Hey, what's in here?" Ben asked as his voice sort of echoed through the tube.

"Ben! Ria!" Carlos called out as I felt a pair of hands around my arm and when I turned around Jay was pulling me away and Carlos was doing the same with Ben.

"You don't want to know," Jay told us as Ben tried looking back in there and then I was the one pulling him away.

"Hey guys. Keep it chill, alright? The last thing we need is our parents figuring out we're here," Carlos stated and the two of them tensed up as Ben and I knew how badly their parents treated them especially Carlos.

"Try not to act so kingly, okay? At least pretend like you belong here," I whispered to Ben and he nodded.

"Of course, you don't have to worry about me," he stated and I knew that was a load of bull. He looked like a lost little puppy on the Isle, absolutely adorable but the last thing we needed right now was adorable.

We continued to walk on and I kept close to Carlos and Jay because they knew everything about this Isle. I watched their mannerisms and how they presented themselves trying to copy them to at least make it somewhat believable that I belong here. Meanwhile Evie was on Ben duty and I knew she could handle him with all his quirks that'll get him exposed.

"Hey! Hey! Stop!" We heard Evie shout and when we turned around there were two little kids mugging her as one of them had her wallet. She let them take it and while that was going on Ben wondered off in a matter of seconds. He's like a child in a mall, what's wrong with him? Doesn't he understand that we need to stick together?

When we finally found him by rushing on ahead we saw him standing back from a pirate that was ready to fight him. Evie and I rushed over to Ben while Carlos and Jay got the pirate to back off.

"Ben, stop. Just stop," Evie scolded him.

"Why?" He questioned as I gave him a slight slap on the back of his head. He's such an idiot.

"This isn't a parade, it's the Isle," Evie told him looking completely frustrated.

"Seriously, don't you understand that this is serious. This isn't happy go lucky Auradon," I stated as he looked so confused and worried.

"Keep your hands in your pocket, unless you're stealing," Jay told him.

"You either slouch or strut," Carlos said.

"And never ever smile," Evie stated.

"Okay thanks!" Ben responded as Evie him off.

"No. No 'thank you's' and drop the 'please' too. Just... chill. Let me tell you something you can really trust. Everybody's got a wicked side. I know you think that you can never be like us. Watch and learn so you can get it right," Evie sang to him as the three of them were about to show us how to really chill like a villain.

"You need to drag your feet. You need to nod your head. You need to lean back. Slip through the cracks. You need to not care." They all danced together as Ben tried to follow but ultimately failed. Dancing wasn't even my thing but I was able to keep up decently.

"Uh, you need to not stare," Carlos stated giving Ben a pat on the cheek and the same to me as I just laughed at him.

"You need a whole lot of help." Jay managed to pickpocket Ben's wallet as Ben snatched it back.

"You need to not be yourself," Evie bluntly told him. "You wanna be cool? Let me show you how.Need to break the rules. I can show you how and once you catch this feeling."

"Yeah, once you catch this feeling. You'll be chillin', chillin', oh. Chillin' like a villain chillin'. Chillin' like a villain chillin'. Chillin' like a villain. Chillin' like a, chillin' like a villain." Let's just say that Ben was dancing so white that it was kind of embarrassing. I don't want to even begin to describe that.

"You draw attention when you act like that. Let us teach you how to disappear. You look like you would lose a fight to an alley cat. You gotta be wrong to get it right 'round here." Evie told him as Ben almost took a knife off someone selling them in his coat. Oh boy, maybe I shouldn't have come. I think I might die from second hand embarrassment.

"You need to watch your back. You need to creep around. You need to slide real smooth. Don't make a sound. And if you want it, take it. And if you can't take it, break it. And if you care about your health."

"Seriously, you need to not be yourself." I was keeping up fine with three of them and Ben somehow managed to get worse. "You wanna be cool? Let me show you how. Need to break the rules. I can show you how and once you catch this feeling."

"Yeah, once you catch this feeling. You'll be chillin', chillin', oh. Chillin' like a villain chillin'. Chillin' like a villain chillin'. Chillin' like a." Ben was finally starting to pick up on the dancing however he still looked adorable doing it with a smile on his face. Not Isle of the Lost material at all.

"I really wanna be bad a lot and I'm giving it my best shot but it's hard being what I'm not," Ben told them putting his hands on Evie and Carlos's backs.

"Well if you don't, you're gonna get us caught," Carlos stated as Evie interjected.

"You gotta stay low-key. Now show us how bad you can be."

"Like this? Like this?" Ben asked taking out the sunglasses, wallet, and phone that he pocketed from the three of them. I got give him props that was smooth. "Oh yeah, I think I got this. Let's go, I'm ready to rock this and I ain't gonna thank you for your help.I think I found the worst in myself." With that everyone put their arms around each other as we crept down an alley together and Ben and I finally got the moves down perfectly.

"You wanna be cool? Let me show you how. Need to break the rules. I can show you how and once you catch this feeling."

"Yeah, once you catch this feeling. You'll be chillin', chillin', oh. Chillin' like a villain chillin'. Chillin' like a villain chillin'. Chillin' like a villain." We finished as Ben went off dancing and humming to himself. He's such a freaking dork but I love him.

"Maybe I was wrong, you seem to be fitting in fine," Carlos stated with a nudge.

"Of course, you know me. I'm rotten to the core," I joked giving him a kiss on the cheek as we caught up with Ben.

"Hey I know you!" A boy said who we saw bump into Ben and like that my sense to protect my friends kicked in as I made my way to Ben practically standing in front of him to block him from this dude standing before us.

"Uh, no. Don't know you either me," Ben tried to play it off cool and it actually worked as I took a step to the side. This boy didn't seem too dangerous and the fact that he hadn't blurted out that he was King Ben was a good sign.

"Uh, yeah, you do. Come on, man. Really? Huh? Dude, I'll give you a hint. My dad is quick, slick, and his neck... Huh?" He asked fishing for a response as he had a bright smile on his face. It's a Gaston descendant thank god. He shouldn't be too harmful. From what Carlos told me about Gaston's sons is that they're rather dumb but still stick to the villain life even though they're kind of harmless. ".. Is incredibly thick," he answered himself and I couldn't just leave him hanging there like that.

"Does he by chance eat five dozen eggs and is he roughly the size a barge?" I asked him with a smile as I felt Carlos's hand on my shoulder like I shouldn't be doing that. "How about his decorating? A bunch of antlers I'm guessing," I laughed as the boy was staring back at me in glee.

"You got it! Wait who are you? You'd think I'd remember a beauty such as yourself," he questioned running his hand softly through the bottom tips of my hair. Yep. Definitely a Gaston but also crap. Quick think of the most obscure villain.

"Oh, you know the Horned King? The black cauldron and all that. Well I'm just the daughter of one of his guards. I'm nobody special such as yourself. I mean you clearly take after your father's charm and appearance. I kind of keep to myself on the Isle though. Good to meet you though finally," I responded lying hardcore as I looked back to Carlos who looked beyond impressed as well as the other three.

"Really? I could have mistaken you for a princess. Almost Rapunzel like with the hair and eyes and come to think of it, you look familiar," he said pointing to Ben and behind him was a poster for the cotillion. It took this boy a few seconds to figure it out but not enough time for me to dismiss it and the Rapunzel thing. "Oh, you're King Ben!" He gasped as Ben was speechless.

"Okay, let's go," Evie said pushing him out of the way.

"I... I don't think so," Ben said as he was being pushed away.

"No, you totally are King Ben." That was the last thing we heard before we got out of his sight and panic rushed through me as Jay looked to me.

"Don't worry, we'll get Mal and get out before anyone else can recognize you two. Nice job on the Black Cauldron though. If you didn't look exactly like your mother, I'd believe it. You're fitting in nicely with the deception," Jay told me with a pat on the back.

"Well you know I try but I guess it is obvious if one of Gaston's kids can see it. Imagine a smart villain descendants seeing me. Is this it?" I asked once we reached a staircase and there was a sign that read Danger Flying Rocks. As soon as I asked that Jay took a rock and threw it at the sign and the gate to the staircase opened up.

"Yep, this is it," Jay answered as I looked to Ben who looked beyond nervous.

"Wish me luck," Ben stated as I gave him a quick hug before he started making his way up.

"You'll be okay, I just know it," I told him with a genuine smile.

"Thanks Ria, I can always count on you," he responded as he went up

Now? We wait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 144 6
When the pressure to be royally perfect gets to be too much for Mal, she returns to the Isle of the Lost. She discovers that Uma, the daughter of Urs...
73.3K 1.3K 8
โ˜™This isn't the Isle of the Lost, Y/N!!โ˜™/// โ˜™I'm not one of those pretty pink princesses, Ben.โ˜™ โ™› Prince Ben x Reader ๐“‡š Y/N returns to the Isle of t...
19.4K 715 31
(The first one or two chapters are written differently than the rest of the story. I started this story when I had a different writing style. It chan...