Playing The Straight Game [bo...

By ritest

[Teen Fiction, LGBT+ Romance] 6 weeks. After a prank war goes too far, that's how long star quarterback and l... More

note
Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
T h a n k Y o u

08

113K 5.6K 10.8K
By ritest

The next day or two passed agonisingly slowly but finally, the last school bell of the day rang and the weekend had finally arrived.

And in the town of Sinclair, Friday night meant one thing. Party night.

But if Farren was to be completely honest, he kind wanted a break from all the partying. I mean, being a Senior he had been going to parties for three years and they never were any different.

It was always just turning up at some randomer's house, crammed with sweaty drunk teenagers making out. The music was always too loud to talk to anyone. This was the sort of atmosphere Farren actually did enjoy, but every now and then he needed a break from. Besides, he could always just go out on Saturday night if he really wanted to get wasted. Or laid.

"You going Brooke's tonight?"

Farren looked up at the sound of the voice and saw it was Dylan, one of the guys from the team who was talking to him.

"I don't know man, I'm really tired. I might just take a leave tonight. Anything on tomorrow?" He replied Dylan's question with one of his own.

"I think some of the lads said your roommate Kaden Rivers is having one." Dylan replied with a laugh.

Wait, what the fuck.

"Wait seriously?" Farren asked in disbelief. "Where exactly is he planning on having this party because there is no way in hell he's having it at my house, Jenny and Grace are going to be home for the weekend. And you know that there is no way in hell that they'd be down with that."

He rambled on before Dylan cut him off, putting a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Relax man, he's having it up in the mansion." Dylan said, laughing at his worried outbreak.

Farren felt himself letting out a sigh of relief. He rarely held the parties, and when he did it was only if Jenny and Grace were gone away for the weekend.

"Anyway, I gotta go. We're heading over to Daniel's for pizza and drinks. Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"Yeah bro I'll pass. I'll probably see you at Kaden's tomorrow?"

"You can count on it." Dylan replied with a smile, before heading off to a blue car, that had one of the Redwood High Lions sitting in the driver's seat, waiting somewhat impatiently for Dylan.

Farren also made his way to his own car, sitting in and buckling up his seat belt before pulling out of the student car park and making his way home.

When he arrived there he he headed straight for the den, remembering that he was the only one home. Rowan was staying the night at a friend's, and Jenny and Grace were visiting Jenny's cousin for the night so it seemed it would be just him for the night. He presumed that Kaden would be going to the party.

As if on cue, he heard the front door rattle open and soon after Kaden made his way into the den, his blond hair typically messy, wearing black jeans, black Nikes and a black t-shirt. The only color present on his outfit was the mustard and wine letterman jacket he wore so well.

"Enjoying the view?" Kaden said with a smirk.

Farren tore his away and looked up at Kaden's face, with that stupid smug smile that seemed to be a permanent fixture.

"Are you not going to Brooke Hansen's party?" Farren asked, ignoring Kaden's question and the feeling in his stomach.

"I could ask you the same," Kaden retorted.

Farren just shrugged his shoulders. "Normally I would be but I'm just not in a party mood. Besides, I heard that a certain Kaden Rivers was hosting a party of his own tomorrow?"

Kaden chuckled in reply. "Naturally. I never miss the chance to throw a party. And I presume you're going to be there?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Farren fired back with a smirk.

"Good," stated Kaden as he made his way over to the couch where Farren was sat, "because I'm going to need your help setting up before it starts."

"Dream on," snorted Farren, "I've better things to spend my Saturday doing."

"Like what exactly?" Kaden smirked.

"Absolutely fuck all. That's what Saturdays are for I mean. Lying around doing nothing then partying the night away."

Kaden just rolled his eyes in reply. "Well too bad Milton. You're helping me whether you want to or not. If you disagree I can always just let Grace and Jenny know just how upset I am," said Kaden, dramatically placing a hand over his heart and tilting his head back.

Kaden had him there. Whatever, there were worse things that he could be stuck doing on a Saturday. Like that one time Grace made him clean out the entire basement, just because she was sick of him complaining about how he couldn't find anything in there.

He just sighed in resignation and gave Kaden the middle finger, before focusing on the task ahead; picking a good movie and ordering food.

"I'm getting pizza and watching a movie if you wanna join?" He asked Kaden. "Unless you have other plans of course," he added in.

"Yeah sure," said Kaden, "I've nothing better to do I suppose."

"Why aren't you hitting Brooke's party?"

"Let's just say that she's a bit clingy for me." Kaden smirked and Farren just looked at him in confusion. Kaden rolled his eyes at Farren's obliviousness. "We hooked up in the past and she was convinced we were going to be married. She's too needy and I'm honestly not in the mood to be dealing with her tonight."

Farren just rolled his eyes in response. "Your such a whore Rivers," he said with a patronising shake of his head.

"As if your any better." Kaden responded with a smirk.

He handed Kaden the remote for the television. "Here you pick the movie," he said, "I'm going to order pizza. What do you want on it?"

"Just plain cheese." Kaden replied.

"Wow, your taste in food is so cultured," Farren said sarcastically, earning him a wink from Kaden that sent the butterflies in his stomach flying once again. But just like all the other times he ignored the feeling and pushed it to the back of his mind.

He made his way into the kitchen, calling Dominos on the house phone. He headed down to the basement and grabbed a couple of beers from his secret stash, before making his way back up and in to the den.

"Hey I hope you like b-" he began to say but stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Kaden looking at him with a smirk, on the screen behind him in the 'recently watched' section was that movie he had watched the other night. Boys.

The gay love story about two young student athletes.

Student athletes, huh?

And by the smirk on Kaden's face, Farren could tell that he had read the description and was now waiting for some kind of explanation.

But he was at loss for words.

"Wow Milton, anything you'd like to confess," smirked Kaden, looking as though Christmas had come early.

He felt his face heat up from embarrassment. "Shut up Rivers," he began, rolling his eyes, "I was bored and I couldn't sleep so I just threw on the first movie I came across. I can barely even remember the characters names."

Lies. It was all lies. He of course could remember Sieger and Marc, and of course he loved the movie.

Kaden just shot him a look that said he clearly didn't believe him. "Okay Milton, whatever you say," he snorted, not bothering to hide the enjoyment he got out of Farren's embarrassment.

Right on cue the doorbell rang, saving him from further humiliation. Never in his life had he been more relieved to hear the shrill screech of the the doorbell. He left the room hastily, reaching the door in seconds and opened it to find the pizza guy, who looked very familiar, waiting on the porch.

"Hey man, how much do I owe you?" Farren asked with a smile, trying to place the face of the boy who stood before him.

"Twenty-seven dollars.. Farren is it?"

He nodded in reply, realisation dawning on him. "Yeah and your Blaine right? We have chemistry together."

Blaine smiled back at him. "Yeah that's me."

He took the pizzas and fries from Blaine's arms, placing them down on the hall table before pulling out his wallet. But before he could pay, Kaden came up behind him.

"I got this," Kaden said with a smirk as he pulled out his own wallet, ignoring Farren's protests.

"Twenty seven did I hear you say?" He asked and Blaine nodded with a smile

Kaden pulled out two twenties and handed them to Blaine. "Keep the change man," he said with a smile, and Blaine thanked him gratefully.

Kaden closed the door again and made his way back to the den, Farren close on his heels.

"Thanks man but you didn't have to pay," he began, "also that was a big tip, I can pay half if you want."

Kaden just snorted at him. "Don't worry about it man, it's not like my family's short in money."

He could here the bitterness in Kaden's voice but decided not to question it. Now was a time for pizza, beer and movies. Three of his favourite things for the perfect Friday night in.

XXXXX

Kaden sat back against the couch, his eyes glued to the television and a beer in hand. After Farren had found out that Kaden had not seen what he called 'the prime example of cinematic masterpiece,' The Shawshank Redemption, he had put it on on his Netflix account faster than Kaden could say boo.

Farren had been a little too shocked that he had never seen it, claiming that it was almost his duty as a human being to watch it. Which seemed a tad dramatic to Kaden but he gave in anyway, not really caring what they watched.

By the time the end credits rolled, he begrudgingly had to admit to Farren that it was a great movie, causing a smug smile to spread across the other boy's features.

"What did I tell you," Farren smirked, "still, I'm shocked that you've gone all your life without seeing it."

He rolled his eyes in reply. "I know man, you've mentioned that at least ten times in the last two hours."

Farren just rolled his eyes in response, before continuing. "So what do you want to do now? We can watch another one if you want or if you have anything else in mind..?"

Kaden thought about it for a moment. To be honest he didn't really care what they did.

"I don't really mind what we do. As long as we don't watch one of those gay movies you seem to be so fond of" he said with a smirk.

Farren groaned, putting his face in his hands. "Stop bro, it was one movie. One movie!"

Kaden just snickered in response. God Farren was cute when he was embarrassed. There was no denying that.

"And what did you learn from said movie," he pressed on, "perhaps you finally saw what we all see. That darling Farren Milton perhaps isn't as straight as he claims to be," he smirked, watching Farren turn an even darker shade of red, if that was at all possible.

"Fuck off bro. We all know that if one of us in here is gay, it's definitely you." Farren replied with annoyance.

"Oh yeah?" Kaden challenged with a smirk, subconsciously leaning closer to Farren.

From this close, he could see all the light freckles that dusted the bridge of Farren's nose, and for a second he froze there. He scanned Farren's face with his gaze, however refused to meet his eyes. He felt as though he could stay in this position for all of eternity and be content.

"Oh yeah." Farren responded, he too leaning in until Kaden could feel Farren's hot breath on his face, bringing him back down to earth.

What was going on?

"Whatever man, I've got an idea," he said, pulling back slightly from Farren, much as he didn't want to.

Farren too seemed to realise their close proximity and also pulled back, clearing his throat. "And what is that exactly?" He asked, trying to dispel the awkwardness of the situation.

"Well, I've been here almost five days and I still haven't been in your pool," said Kaden, pushing the incident from moments ago out of his mind.

"Sounds good to me," Farren shrugged. Both the boys were completely sober, after only having had only had two beers each. "Do you have swimming trunks or do you need to borrow mine?"

Kaden just shrugged in reply, plastering a fake serious expression onto his face. "I thought we could just go naked."

When he saw Farren turn bright red and start sputtering he couldn't hold in his laugh. "I'm joking man, calm down," he said with a laugh.

Farren shot him a glare and hit him lightly on the chest. "God your so annoying."

"Thank you Farry darling, it's what I strive to be. Only for you of course." He replied, throwing in a wink for extra effect.

Farren didn't even bother responding before making his way upstairs and leaving Kaden alone with his thoughts in the den.

What was that moment earlier, and why did it make him feel that way. If Kaden was to be completely honest with himself, deep down he had always had a nagging feeling that he wasn't exactly 'straight.' That much was obvious to him, and for a long time had been. But while in the past he had only ever admired boys from a distance, this was different.

It's not that he never chose to act on his feelings before, it's that he never felt the desire to. With the other guys, he had found them hot but that was it. No butterflies. No blushing. No feelings. He had made out with one random guy at a club before, both of them slightly tipsy. And while Kaden could admit it felt really good, it was never enough for him to label himself. In the past, he didn't want to bother himself worrying over this, so he shoved all these feelings to the back of his mind for another day. but for some reason, lately he had felt his other side start to take over him now and again. The other side being the little lock box inside his brain that reminded him that he was definitely not straight.

And Kaden had a strong feeling that that reason was in the form of a brown-haired green-eyed​ smooth talking boy.

XXXXX

Sneaky little reveal thrown in there at the end! You know what to do.. VCF!

Qotc; Favourite TV show(s) of all time?

-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.8K 3.7K 26
Sequel to More Than Just Roommates!! **Completed** It's been ten years since the four boys first got together, and a lot has changed. They've gotten...
127K 7.7K 12
[COMPLETED] For seven years, Monty has lived across the street from Grayson Rogers. In all those years, they've only talked a handful of times. There...
94.2K 2K 45
A Nick and Charlie fan fiction. Charlie and Ben have been dating for 2 years and recently moved in together. When Ben forgets to pick Charlie up from...
101K 3.6K 53
[completed] Kaiden Pierce fell for Nathan Summers at a camp. After two months of pining and resigning to the fact that he won't see his one sided cru...