Running Scared

By spaghetti000cheese

A love like no other: book 1 Highest rank : #1 in vampire (21/1) #1 - WINNER of The craze Awards 2017 #2 - WI... More

1. Running scared
2. Woods
3. Not sisters by blood, but sisters by heart.
4.New Beginning
5. Taken
Author's note
6. Locked in New Hell
7. The party - part I
8. The party- part II
9. Hidden powers
10. Jealous
11. Mine
12. Memories
13. Never gonna hate you
14. Tears
15. Leverage to take me out.
16. Blood red rose
17. Exquisite
18. Revisiting the Past
19. Missing
20. Scary eyes.
21.Everything changed. Everything but my heart.
22. Friend or foe?
23. Second chance.
24. Gifts.
25. Compulsion
26. My first and last one.
27. The soup
28. Should I trust him?
29. Jewel
30. Wards
31. With my life.
32. Couldn't ask for more.
33. Who are you?
34. Candles
35. Incomplete Song.
36. Insane
37. Priceless
38. The voice
39. Queen
40. Heart beat.
41. Decision
42. Gem and ring.
43. Beautifully Tainted.
44. Soul.
45. Like and Love
46. When the time is right
47. Secrets
48. Colours
49. Bow down or Punishment
50. Numb
51. Good and bad.
52. Beast.
53. Destruction
54. Map
55. Broken promises. Shattered heart.
56. Nutella
57. Change
58. Smell
59. Toddler
60. Game on.
61. Mine Forever.
62. Bonjour
63. Love destroys.
Azazel
64. Everything is a lie
65. Turning soft.
66. Break
67. True love
68. Missing him.
69. One last time.
70. Reasons
71. Please.
72. Eradicate.
73. Falling in love.
74. Tricked
75. Song
Icy Rose
76. Uncountable.
77. Taste
78. 12 Nails.
80. Possessive
81. Your loving Mother.
82. Redemption
83. Beginning of the end.
84. Fun.
85. Dirty.
86. I'll give you war.
87. Bony Fingers
88. Happy Stories
Epilogue I: Gold Rose
Epilogue II: Forever And Everafter.
Flying Freed

79. Avenge.

30.4K 1.5K 323
By spaghetti000cheese

Elisa's P.O.V

"Alec?" I asked. I was still in daze after what I heard.

Gilfred's mate killed Alec's mother?

Oh God! How much more complicated is it going to become?

He didn't say anything, just started walking towards the now broken doors.

I ran forward and stood infront of him, my hands on his chest as I stopped him from going after that bastard.

"No no! You can't just go after him. You've to remember that he is powerful Alec, he had 12 nails stabbed in his heart yet he ran away. We need to find Adam's mate first, make her stop giving him powers and then attack him." I said, trying to make him understand.

He was in rage, his eyes were still silver as his chest heaved under my hands. He was letting his anger take over his grief.

"Alec you need to calm down. Look at me! Look at me!" I said taking his face in my hands.

He refused to meet my eyes. His anger was taking over my body, I could feel his sadness and rage and his powers all in mixture along my body and it was too much. He was way too much powerful for me and his powers and emotions were hitting me like bricks.

"Alec you need to control it. Please Alec, we'll avenge her but you need to calm down." I said as black spots swan in the corner of my eyes.

No! I need to be strong.

I felt the warm liquid running from nose, "Alec, please calm down." I whispered.

His gaze suddenly snapped on my face as I felt his powers slipping from my body. He took in deep breaths and his eyes turned stormy grey again.

"I'm so sorry Elisa. I forgot that you could feel it too--"

"It's okay Alec. I'm fine." I said as he wiped the blood off my face.

I glaced behind him and saw her body. Oh how I wanted to just close the door and weep in my room.

She was innocent, she was not even a part of this war but she got killed. This was not supposed to happen.

I ran up to my old room and brought down a white sheet.

I went to her and knelt down as silent tears fell from my eyes.

I'm so sorry Martha. We don't deserve your forgiveness but I hope that wherever you are, you find peace and happiness. I'm so sorry.

Just as I was covering her with the sheet, my gaze fell on her fisted hand.

What is that?

I tried to open her palm but it won't even budge. Oh God! She was...gone so long and we didn't even know.

I used my powers to pry open her hand and found a white crushed paper.

I looked behind me to see that Alec was staring out of a broken window. I immediately placed that paper in my pocket and then covered her completely.

"Elisa!" I turned around at that sound.

"Brother." I whispered as his frantic gaze landed on me.

I could see the worry in his blue eyes as I ran to him.

He crushed me to his chest, "You're safe. You're safe." He repeated to himself.

I missed him. I knew that he did terrible things to me but now he is the same brother that I used to run to when I was a small girl. The same one who protected me from any harm that crossed me.

"I'm alright." I pulled back as he checked my body for any type of wounds

"Then what is this?" Alec asked as he took my arms in his hands and began examining the scratches I got from the wolves.

"Oh that! I was just showing someone their place." I said.

Both my brother and Alec sighed, looking down at me.

"What?" I asked, folding my arms to my chest.

"You can't just stay out of trouble, can you?" Azazel said.

"It's not like I go searching for it." I defended myself.

"I found a box--" I took in a deep breath as Alec grief hit me again.

"Okay I get it. Who was she?" Azazel asked us.

"She was the only woman who believed that I had some good in me. Even though I was not her own child, she loved me far greater than one could ever." Alec said and I ran my hand down his arm.

"Go home now, I need to do somethings." Azazel ordered, looking at me.

"I won't go without Alec and anyways we need to..." bury her. The incomplete statement was understood by both of them.

"I promise we will but I need to do something, go home for now and take rest. We'll do it tomorrow." Azazel said.

This time Alec nodded his head and took my hand, dragging me out of the castle.

As soon as we left, I sighed in relief. I hate that castle, I never want to go back there ever again.

Alec took me in his arms and began running with his vamp speed. Within minutes, we were back in our room at my brother's house.

"Alec--"

"I know what you want to know and I will tell you. I want to tell you everything because it is suffocating me. I can't hold it in me any longer." Alec said as despair hit his eyes.

I took his hand in mine and made our way to the bed. I climbed in and placed myself at the headboard and made him place his head on my lap. His legs were almost hanging off the bed as he was laying down sideways to me.

I ran my hand through his hair and he closed his eyes, taking in deep breath.

"Alec, you don't need to tell me if you don't want to. I know how hard it is to dug out our past." I said, still stroking his head to soothe him.

"My father never loved me nor he wanted me in the first place. He always wanted a daughter so that he could sell her off to the King and get good money from it. We were very poor, we barely had anything to eat once a day. Sometimes we didn't have anything to eat for 2 days. My father always cursed me for being a misfortune in the family and beat my mom for it.

"She was really beautiful you know, with blonde shoulder length curls, angular face, alluring brown eyes and lean structure with most kind heart. She never once back handed my father or cried for mercy. She was a feisty one. I always told her to leave him but she just used to smile at me and always said that we were a family and families never break their bonds. As I grew older, I came to know that I was a half wizard and my mom was a full witch, by now our financial conditions were better and we had food at the table everyday. My mom told me to never utter a word about my powers to anyone. My father used to be in good mood now that we were not very poor. He stopped beating my mother but still he hated me. But I was okay with that, as long as he did not raise his hand on my mother. We were on our path to a happy family but just like storm that could swipe off everything within seconds, our happiness was also swiped off.

"My father found out that my mother was a witch by the villagers. I don't know how they knew but my father was in so much rage that he didn't listen to any of our reasons. He kept beating her and calling her hideous names. I was seventeen at that time, I had enough of him that day. I warned him to stop hitting her but he didn't listen to me, he just kept on saying that he needed to kill both of us, that we are the evil in the world. Oh! The irony. He was the evil one that didn't love my mother.

"I picked up the axe that was lying on the floor and capticated his head off his neck." I gasped but he continued telling me his dark past. It was like he was lost in the history all over again. As if he was living every moment of it again.

"My mother was horrified by what happened. She buried his body and we were forced to leave the village for our lives. We settled down in a small village far away from the one we used to stay in. We had to start from the beginning, I began working in the farm and took care of stables and horses in the kingdom. Everything was beginning to go back to the way it was. My mother never spoke of him. She knew that he would've killed us that day. But then that horrendous night arrived. I was 21 years old at that time, it was the night that took everything from me."

Alec's P.O.V

Year: 1395

I was late today. Mother must be worried, today the horses were too stubborn to go back in the stables. I loved all of them, especially the white mane that never listens to me. I wish that I could adopt her.

It was a dark night today. Even the moon was behind the dark clouds. I hope mother has eaten something and not stayed up for me.

Just as I reached our hut, I heard strange noises from inside. It sounded like someone was choking. I opened the door and my eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing.

My mother was in the arms of another women whose head was at my mother's neck. Blood dotted the mud floor below, as my mother choked on her own blood.

"Leave her!" I shouted as I ran forward.

She removed her head from my mother's neck and I stopped as I looked at her face.

Black curly hair covered her face yet I could see the bloodied eyes and sharp teeth that dripped of blood, my mother's blood!

She dropped my mother on the floor and licked her lips, "Darling I doubt that your mother could still live after so much blood loss. I must say her blood tasted delightful. I should've kept some for my mate but I couldn't stop myself." She said laughing as if it was a jest.

I fell down on my knees and placed my mother's head on my thigh, "Mother! Wake up!" I shouted. But her eyes remained closed and her chest remained numb. No! She can't leave me alone in this cruel world!

I shook her body as sobs heaved my chest, "Darling, she is dead. How about we do something fun. I must say you're a piece of work." The lady said as her finger trailed on my shoulder.

I rose up in rage and attacked her with my powers. They were not really great but I wanted her dead.

She began laughing again, "How naive you are. You are the most handsome man I've ever seen but now you've angered me. So sad that I've to kill you." She said.

Before I could contemplate what will she do, I felt five razors slashed open my neck.

Not the razors, they were her big talons that sliced me open.

Burning pain filled every part of my body as I fell down on the ground. I couldn't breathe as blood came out of my mouth. I was choking on my own blood. Everything around me started to become hazy like a misty morning during winter as pain continued its burn along my body.

I'm sorry mother. I couldn't protect you but I will follow you.

Just as I was about to breathe my last, I felt something forcing down my throat. Is this the punishment I've to endure for killing my father?

I tried to fight it off but the other thing was way too strong. I gave up on my efforts and let it do whatever it wanted to with my body.

Finally the pain subsided and I smiled. Finall! I could follow my mother now.

1 day later. Night time.

I straightened up and gasped for air as I searched my neck to feel those slashes.

Nothing. My skin was same as before. It was like no one ever sliced it. Was it a bad dream?

I was not in my straw bed but a lusciously soft one. My clothes were also changed into luxurious one. Where was I?

"I see you've finally awoken." A voice said. Why was he shouting?

I looked up to see a man in his mid-twneties with walnut colour hair and hazel eyes. I know this man.

I quickly bowed down to him, "Your highness." I said.

If the King is here then I must be inside the castle. What am I doing here?

"Stand up Alec. I need to tell you a few things." The King said. I could feel a pain in my upper and lower jaw as well as my nails. It was as if something wanted to come out of them.

I stood up but kept my head bowed. I need to find my mother.

"Your mother is dead Alec. The sooner you accept that fact, the better." He said and I gasped as I look at him.

"Apologies your Highness, but I need to go now." I said as my gaze caught on the small spider that was on the far wall. How is it that I'm cleary able to see it and every other detail in this room?

"You can go wherever you want but you must listen to me first. Last night you nearly died but I saved your life." The King said.

"I will be forever grateful for that, your Highness. But I need to find my--"

"You're a vampire now. To save your life, there was a cost and that cost was for you to become a vampire and I changed you." I couldn't believe what he was saying.

Me a vampire? How is that possible? Will I be the same monster as that lady that took my mother's life.

Rage filled me as my vision turned bloodied and that was when I felt it coming out. I moaned in pain as something sharp tore my gums and lengthened down till my lower lip.

I looked down at my fingers to see that my nails were replaced by those same black talons I saw yesterday.

"What have you done?" I shouted at the King.

"I did what I think was right. You need to drink blood from now on and you need a certain stone to protect you from the sun." He said. He made me listen to him as he told me about this new life that I was forced into.

"You can avenge your mother on the morrow at night but be careful." He said finally opening the doors.

"I will avenge my mother. I want to drink her blood and I will do it right now. She will be my first prey." I hissed.

"I like your spirit. From now on call me by my name, Jack. I hope you avenge your mother Alec. After that you can come and live with me in the castle and I can show you the advantages of being an immortal." He said and then left the room.

I left the castle and came into the woods. Everything was heightened to me. I could see cleary, I could feel her here. My canines elongated at the thought of draining her.

"I never expected to find you alive my Darling." She was suddenly in front of me.

"What can I say? You being in my thoughts kept me alive." I mocked.

A wicked smile enlightened on her face, "Ah my Darling, I have the desire to kiss you." She whispered.

"Then so shall it be." I said and slammed my lips on hers. I was repulsed by them but I need to play to kill her.

I kissed her neck next and she moaned out loud in ecstasy. This was my chance, "You b**ch, get ready to die." I said and sank my teeth in her neck and tore open her neck, pulling out her jugular.

I sank my teeth deeper as she screamed while I calmed down my thirst. I was drenched in blood but I didn't care, this flavour was soothing my parched throat.

I pulled back once there was not a single drop of blood left in her. She was still awake, at my mercy as she begged me with her eyes to leave her. My mother had the same look yet you didn't spare her.

I smiled sadistically at her and then slashed her neck with my talons just as she did with me.

She cluched my hand, trying to fight with her last remains of strength.

"Goodbye B**ch, This is for my mother." I said and then stabbed my hand in her chest and closed my hand around her heart.

She screamed, but it died as I pulled my hand out with her heart in my hand.

Elisa's P.O.V

I was horrified by his past. I didn't judge him for killing Gilfred's mate but my heart was crying from what he suffered.

The only best thing that had ever happened to him was his mother who was taken away from him as well.

How is it that he is still going on? If I was in his place then I would have died by all the pain. But he continued on.

His eyes leaked with tears when he told me about his mother but now he was quite.

I didn't dare cry because then it would be like, I was feeling sorry for him and I knew he didn't want pity.

"You're the only best thing that has ever happened to me Elisa, not even my mother but you. Before you I was literally a monster, I've killed countless people for fun. When I lost my mother, I lost the faith in love, I refused to acknowledge it. Now that I've found you, I believe in it again. But if you leave me like my mother did then you would literally be the worst thing that would happen to me. I would become a mons--"

"I'm never leaving you Alec. Fix that in your mind that you're stuck with me forever. I'll find a way for me to be with you for eternity. I trust you Alec and I need you to trust me that I'm not leaving you. I love you and I'll always love you." I said staring in his eyes.

I will never leave him alone.

I bent down and kissed his forehead, "You're the only person I've ever truly fallen in love with." I whispered and a small smile lighted his face.

"You've no idea how much I love you." He said kissing my nose tip.

I kept stroking his face and hair until he fell asleep on my lap.

He's been through so much yet he kept himself going on. Though it was wrong to kill those innocent lives, I couldn't do anything about it. It was all in past now, I'll make sure to make him happy for the rest of eternity.

And I'll avenge you Martha.

This game started 600 years ago but now the time has come for it to end.

And I'll make sure to put an end to it.
*****

Yo guys!

How was it?

How was Alec's past? I cried while writing it.

I hope you liked it. So sorry for late updates.

Until then hugs and see ya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 28.8K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
8.7M 351K 47
Highest rank - #1 in Vampire ** In a world far beyond human imagination, into the deep roots of the vampire realm he ruled. For over a century, he's...
153K 2.6K 100
!Book one out of three! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wid...
17.5K 2K 32
(Ranked #1 in Adult in 28K stories) #Wattys2020 🥇(1st place) Romance- The Platinum Awards 🥈(2nd place) Chicklit - 2023 Rose Gold Awards 🥈(2nd pl...