Broken || Harry styles

By Cynical1dx

“Someone once told me to be careful when trying to fix a broken person for you may cut yourself of the shatte... More

Broken - Harry Styles
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Im sorry!
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Q & A
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter turdyseven
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
I LOVE YOU
im sorry
:(

Chapter 10

16.4K 361 118
By Cynical1dx

I'm awaken by the sound of my phone alarm going off loudly. I groan equally as loud, feeling around on the bed until my hand is met with my phone. I slide the screen silencing my phone. I groan aloud again before I roll out of bed. I walk into the living room to see a peacefully sleeping Melody. She nearly passed out last night, after her little confession so I didn't get to ask or get into any detail about it. I make my way over to Melody and shake her slightly. "Melody, Melody," I say softly. Her eyes start to twitch, and she blinks a few times before she fully opens her eyes. "Morning," I say, smiling.

"Good morning," she replies her voice is a little deeper then usual due to her just waking up; It's really hot actually. She smiles at me showing off her perfect teeth, and smile. I wish she would smile more, her smile truly is breathtaking. I shake my head to rid of my sappy thoughts.

"I can take you back to your place so you can get ready, for school," I suggest.

She nods and smiles, but her smile drops and she shakes her head. "Uh, Um, No," I cut her off. "Melody, I'm taking you to your place. It's not a big deal, it's okay." She gives me a worried look but finally agrees.

***

"Take a left at the next light," Melody says. I nod and do as she says. She gives me directions until we stop at a brown, medium sized house.

She turns her head to face me " Thank you, Harry, for the ride and these past couple days. I appreciate it," she says giving me one last smile before getting out of the car walking toward the house.
She check behind her and notices I'm still here. "You can go, I-I have to Um water the grass. I'll have my mom take me to school. Thank you though, again, for waiting,"

"Oh okay, And you're welcome Mel." Was the last thing I said before driving off.

***

It's now Friday. Two days since I dropped Melody off. Two days since I last had a real conversation with her. Yeah, we've exchanged "his'" and byes" but we haven't actually talked. She's been extremely distant and has been a bit off.

Thursday, the day I dropped her off she came into fist period almost twenty minutes late. She avoided eye contact with me, she avoided me altogether actually. I tried to stop her after class to ask if she was okay. But she quickly shrugged me off telling me that she was just tired even though I knew that was a lie. I decided against pressing for more information so I just let her be.

Today, she walked in looking completely drained dark blue bags under her blood shot red eyes. She looks like hasn't slept in days her eyes have lost the little bit of light they had gained in the last few days, now they're back to looking just as lifeless as they did when I first met her.

I again tried to talk to her after class but she simply said she was just tired, and that she couldn't talk because she was going to be late to class, another bullshit excuse. I haven't seen her since.

I want to ask her if she wants to come to grab lunch or something with me after school. The school lunch is shit and I don't feel like cooking. Just as on cue I see her little brown bun sticking out over the mess of teenagers trying to get the hell out of this hell hole. As her eyes land on mine I wave her over to me. When she's in hearing distance i greet her, "hey, Mel," I say cheerfully.

She just waves, forcing a smile.

"Uh, I just wanted to know if you wanted to go to lunch or something with me?"

" I don't know Harry," she says looking down "I'm really tired, I just want to go home."

"Pleaseeee," I beg playfully pouting my lip and batting my eyes. She chuckles at my childishness.

"Harry," she warns "maybe Tom-" she stops herself. "Um, I'm sorry Harry I just really want to go home."

"Just for an hour, I promise then I'll take you home!" I say hopeful that she'll change her mind.

She stares at me for a couple of seconds and before she slowly nods her head.

***

We both decided on going to a burger joint called Five Guys. We're now sitting in a booth across from each other, with the only communication being us making awkward eye contact once in a while. I don't know why things are so awkward between us, or why she's being so distance. Is it because of her confession? No it can't be that because the morning after she was completely fine.

"Are you okay?" I ask. She nods still looking at her menu.

"Melody look at me, please," I beg.

"I said I'm fine Harry," She snaps, still not making eye contact with me.

I drop the subject, not wanting to upset her any further. I nod, then I realize she's still not looking at me I say a simple "Okay" and continue looking through the menu.

I'm halfway done with my burger and Melody has only taken a few bites of hers. "Is your food okay?" I ask.

She nods.

"You eat slow," I tease. She smiles a bit

"These burgers are just huge!" She defends herself.

"Whatever," I say laughing.

***

"Ready?" I ask.

"Yeah"

I start toward the car Melody following close behind me, I open door for her, then jog to my side and get in.

The car ride was spent in yet again, an awkward silence. I can tell Melody's holding something back, like she wants to tell me something. I don't want to make her mad, so I don't ask about it. The drive back to her flat is takes about ten minutes. I stop at the same brown flat I did last time.

"Thank you," she whispers.

"You're welcome."

"Thank you for everything Harry, you really are an incredible person I really appreciate everything you've done for me," she whispers.

I'm confused as to why where all this is coming from but I just say "Melody, you don't have to thank me, really. But you're welcome."

She nods getting out of the car but I stop her making her lean back into the car with a confused look on her face. I lean into her stopping a few inches away from her face. I look down at her full pink lips, but quickly return my gaze to her eyes. I lean in a little bit more so close that her lips rub over mine, lightly. I move my head to the side of her face planting a kiss on her cheek before turning back to my original spot. "You're an incredibly amazing and strong girl, Melody," I compliment. She closes her eyes momentarily, opening them back seconds later, A tear escapes her eye but I quickly wipe it away.

She backs away from my face, "Goodbye Harry," she whispers, getting out of the car without another word and disappears into what looks like a gate that leads to the backyard. I sigh and pull off.

I enter my garage, an turn my engine off I grab the handle of the door, but stop when something catches my eye in my peripheral vision; a folded piece of paper I grab it and unfold it quickly it reads:

"Dear Harry, I feel as I owe it to you to give you this letter. I truly do appreciate you Harry. You're the first person to ever show any kind of interest in me since, well...since ever.
And I need you understand this is not your fault. Death would be better then this constant fighting with my inner demons, and toxic thoughts, they were determined to win, determined to break me, determined to drain me of any kind of hope I had of It getting better; and they've finally won. I can't do this anymore. Every time I think I'll be okay, I end up falling apart again. Im done crying, fighting, trying I'm just done. I'm tired Harry, so tired. I'm sorry this is how I'm saying my goodbyes, you deserve much more then this but it's all I can give you. I need some rest, and I'm ready to finally go to sleep.

Goodnight Harry. Xx"

My heart is at the bottom of my stomach, I'm struggling to breath my tears are now soaking the letter. "No, no, no, no" is all I can manage to choke out. I hit the steering wheel multiply times while screaming multiple cuss words.

"Fuck melody, no, why? Oh my god" I scream as if she can hear me. As soon as I regain some of my sanity, I put my key into the ignition starting my car, and speed back into the direction back to Melody's flat, praying it's not too late.

***

Sorry it's short, but I'll
Update tomorrow, or Tuesday! Comment what you think of this story so far!?

Ok, I love you, and goodnight babes Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 89 2
One-shot scenario After not hearing from Harry for a long while, the order started to get worried. A few of the members left to go check up on him...
16.6K 344 30
PLEASE NOTE; this is the sequel to Broken. You might want to read Broken first for things to make sense. After the traumatic events in the last book...
128K 3.4K 26
-Sequel to Broken- Emily has finally come out of her coma. She made it through the hell she called high school and is on her way to college. When she...
1.4K 99 32
A troubled girl who has had a troubled past. She's escaped much and is ready to start new. But what happens when her past follows her?