Wu's Teas - The Aftermath

By Lizzylucky

Ninjago's new series of shorts called Wu's Teas is filled with hilarious shorts about a minute long each. Thi... More

The Aftermath - Episode 2 - Spinny Sign
The Aftermath - Episodes 3 and 4 - Music Night
The Aftermath - Episode 5 - Names
The Aftermath - Episode 6 - Funny Guys

The After Math - Episode 1 - Secret Teas

151 3 3
By Lizzylucky

Heya, everybody! Introductions, I am LizzyLucky, one of those weird (but cool) authors on everything trying to gain a little bit of attention in her attempts at writing! So, I just watched the newest collection of shorts for Ninjago called Wu's teas. Basically a whole bunch of little minute long shorts about the everyday things the ninja do in Wu's tea shop, including rivalry with the shop across the street, spying on people, showing off in the front of the shop, and pissing each other off for the fun of it. Honestly, the whole thing was hilarious, but I had multiple ideas as to what happens after these little blurbs, some good, some bad, so I figured, hey, why not create a little fanfiction and find out? There's pretty much no fanfiction on this collection yet, so I might as well be the first. Hope you enjoy it!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Ha, ha, okay, guys, for real now, what do we do?!?!" Jay gave his generic sarcastic laugh before he started to freak out.

"Aren't these things supposed to wear off after like, an hour?" Cole asked, watching in bewilderment as Jay, now a full octopus, spoke.

"How should I know??? Check the tea packets!" Jay snapped back, waving four of his arms in the air for exaggeration.

"On it!" Lloyd exclaimed, turning and running back into the room of Wu's secret teas. He looked back and forth until he saw the shelf they'd grabbed from. Running to it, he extended an arm to grab a box of tea packets only to realize...

He was too small. The tea he drank shrunk him too much!

"Uh, guys, a little help?" He called over his shoulder, jumping up and down to reach the shelf.

"I'm coming!" Nya replied, though she had to whisper as her vocal cords had grown with the rest of her now oversized body.

"Ouch!" She groaned as she turned around, hitting her head on the ceiling.

"Jay!" Wu called from the front of the store.

"Are you sleeping on the job again?" He yelled, sounding irritated.

"No, of course not! Ha ha!" Jay laughed nervously, not sure what to do with himself what with the fact that he was now a slimy octopus. One quickly drying out octopus, he noted.

"I'll be right there! It's- hm-hm-hm- ... RIght here!" He called back to Wu, imitating the way he would hum when he was rummaging around.

"Well alright, but hurry up!" Wu yelled as the bell on the front door rang.

"Ouch!" Nya yelped again, bumping into the wall.

"Here, maybe I should-" Kai started, attempting to push himself toward Lloyd. He paused though, pupils dilating as he put a hand to his head.

"Ugh, guys, I'm feeling a little light-headed... Literally!" He said, his face reading that of nausiousness.

"Oh, here, let me through!" Cole rolled his eyes, pushing past Nya and Jay. He shivered when his hand brushed up against Jay's head.

"Ugh, Jay, you're all slimy!" He complained.

"Ha! Would you believe me if I said I was more bothered by that fact than you are? Honestly, I'm getting pretty dried out here! Hurry up!" Jay groaned, flopping to the floor.

"Seriously guys, come on! I can't reach the tea packets!" Lloyd complained from the other end of the room.

"All right, all right, I'm coming!" Cole said, rolling his eyes again. He chuckled as he reached for the shelf.

"Man, it's just like when you were younger! I miss being taller than you." Cole said, grabbing onto the first box of tea he could find. This one had the image of an octopus on it, he noted as Lloyd folded his arms irritatedly and huffed at Cole.

"Perfect!" Cole exclaimed, holding up the box.

"I'm not that short. When I'm back to normal, our heights will match again!" Lloyd grumbled quietly.

"Yeah, whatever, short stuff." Cole waved his arm dismissively at Lloyd, who took his turn rolling his eyes.

"Jay! Where's that tea?!" Wu shouted through the back door.

"Uh, coming!" Jay responded, beginning to panic. He grabbed the nearest object to him, which just so happened to be a bowling ball, and lifted it up to Kai, who was floating near the ceiling and looking dizzy.

"Quick, take the black tea to Sensei!" He said quickly through gritted teeth. He reached behind him with another tentacle and grabbed onto a box of tea, the one Wu wanted, and also handed it up to Kai. Kai grabbed both items, the bowling ball weighing him to the floor. He walked, unsteadily, to the door, where Wu was waiting.

"Uh, Jay wanted to... check- that we had everything in stock... He thinks we might be out of- out of... green... tea." Kai said, handing the box to Wu. Wu gave him a skeptical look, before shaking his head and sighing.

"Alright, then." He said simply, taking the box and turning back to the counter.

Kai sighed in relief, wiping his brow before waddling back into the room. He dropped the bowling ball, floating slowly back up to the ceiling.

"Urg, I want down." He said. "Without having to hold a bowling ball." He added quickly.

"...20 minutes for the effects to wear off, or simply drink the inver-tea.
"For proper use, refer to the inver-tea packaging and instructions." Cole was reading from the box he'd found.

"Heh, how about a couple heavy books instead?" Jay laughed nervously, speaking in response to Kai's complaints. Kai, in return, glared at Jay, giving him his best "not. amused." look.

"Guys, I've got it! All these boxes say to use the inver-tea! Let's just brew up some of that!" Cole yelled, waving around an unopened, yellow box which read "Inver-tea."

"Oof!" Nya yelped as she bumped into another wall, causing her to lose her balance and begin to fall backwards. Unfortunately, Cole stood just behind her.

"WOAH!!" He cried out as she landed on him.

"Cole!" Kai, Jay, and Lloyd cried out in unison.

Cole popped his head out from Nya's side, hair askew and looking dizzy.

"I'm okaaayyyy." He slurred. He pulled one of his arms out, holding up the box triumphantly.

A couple of "phew!"s went around the room.

Pulling out his other arm, Cole grasped both sides of the box and prepared to read the instructions.

"I'm sorry, Cole!" Nya apologized quickly as she began to stand herself up. Cole, though no longer trapped underneath a tripple sized, and weighted, for that matter, person, remained at his spot on the floor, lying on his belly and his arms stuck out to hold the box.

"For partial transformations of less than 20%, drink a half a cup of the inver-tea and no more. For a half completed transformation, drink between ¾ of a cup and 1 full cup. For complete transformation, drink a minimum of 1 and ¼ cup of inver-tea, but no more than 2 cups of inver-tea.
"Exceptions to size: If shrunk, between 1 and 3 feet of height, drink half the recommended amount of inver-tea. If enlarged, between he height of 7 and 17 feet, drink twice the recommended amount of inver-tea." He read.

"Perfect! Brew some up!" Jay all but demanded. Though no one liked being pushed around by Jay, of all people, Cole and Kai were more than happy to get to work at brewing up the inver-tea. Lloyd, only 2 feet tall now, ran between Nya's legs, then swerved between the remaining ninja. He opened a cupboard near the floor, whose opening was taller than he was, and grabbed out a large teapot for brewing. Handing it to Cole, he turned and ran the opposite direction to avoid being kicked.

Cole took the pot eagerly and quickly filled it with water before lifting it to where Kai could reach.

"Kai, mind giving us a bit of heat?" He asked, amusement in his voice. Kai shook his head exasperatedly but smiled and used a flame, in his hand, to heat the water in the pot.

The entirety of the group watched eagerly as Cole dropped half of the packets from the inver-tea box into the massive pot, closing the lid and waiting as patiently as he could for the effects to take place.

"Jay, what are you doing back there that requires all of you to be present?" Wu, his curiosity getting the better of him, walked in a few steps, looking for Jay. He caught sight of Cole, who was flashing from regular color to a glowing pink, holding a pot. Kai, who was still on the ceiling, glanced at Wu nervously. Wu shook his head confusedly and glanced at the rest of the group, Nya holding her hands above her head to prevent herself from hitting it, Lloyd standing in the corner underneath the window sill, and Jay... nowhere to be found.

"When did we get a stuffed octopus?" He asked, still entirely, comically, oblivious to the fact that they'd been into his tea.

"Uh... Just... earlier today..." Kai said slowly.

"Hm. Where from?" Wu asked thoughtfully.

Kai and Cole shared a look before replying, at the same time,

"The internet."

Wu, taken aback slightly, shook his head once more, mouthing something to himself before he turned, squeezing the bridge of his nose with his hand. He decided that he just didn't even want to know.

The group took a collective sigh, each turning back to the pot, which began to release a tempting aroma.

"Is it done yet?" Jay asked impatiently.

"I think so! Either way, we gotta down this stuff now! Rush hour is upon us!" Cole exclaimed worriedly, throwing the lid of the teapot to the side. With that said, everybody in the room looked to the opening of the store, watching as more people began to stream in. Cole grabbed a stack of tea cups, handing them out to everyone. Jay, being the slippery mess he was, had to grasp onto the cup with four tentacles to prevent it from slipping. Nya had to hold her cup between two fingers, trying her best not to crush it. As Lloyd took his, he stumbled back slightly, the entire thing being as big as his head. Cole went around filling cups quickly, going back to Nya's multiple times. Unsurprisingly, the tea was drinken just as quickly as it had been poured.

Slowly, everyone began to change back to their normal selves. Lloyd, still standing under the window sill, began to grow taller, hitting his head as he did.

"Ow..." He grumbled.

Nya, of course, did quite the opposite, growing much smaller in a matter of seconds, falling forward as the shelf was leaned on suddenly grew out of her reach.

Then Jay, along with the rest of the group, watched in fascination as each tentacle began to shrink except two, and he began to grow back into a proper shape. The remaining two tentacles shortened slightly and the slimy blue skin turned into thin, ruffled, dry sleeves, to Jay's relief.

Cole, who hadn't changed that much, simply smiled as the pulsing of the fluorescent pink glow stopped and he remained in proper colour.

"Kai?" Cole questioned. As he started to look up, Kai fell very suddenly to the ground, landing on his front with a loud *thump!*

"Ow..." He complained. Jay laughed sympathetically, Cole following suit.

"Hey, look on the bright side! At least you're not light headed anymore!" Jay exclaimed, laughing at his joke.

"Yeah, there's that." Kai commented, standing up and dusting off his sleeves.

"What is going on in here?!" Wu had finally had enough. He marched into the room, eyeing each person suspiciously.

"We are getting rushed out there in the shop and you guys are messing around? And what is with all the noise? What have you even been doing?" Wu threw his arms up exasperatedly.

Before anyone could answer, he shook his head, holding up a finger to hush them.

"Never mind. Just get out here and work! We have customers, and a lot of them!" Now he sounded somewhere between excited and frustrated.

Not daring to say anything in argument, the group answered once more in unison,

"Yes, Sensei." They each bowed slightly to him, hands clasped, before they ran out the door, single file, and got busy.

Wu watched them leave. Once they were all out of the room, he smiled fondly to himself.

"Perhaps they have learned to respect others' things." He said simply. He turned around and walked over to the wall, where the entrance to all of his secret teas was. He stomped his staff on the ground three times before pulling at something in the wall. Then, he turned around, glancing at the mess of teas around him, a knowing smile dancing on his face.

As he walked out of the room, the door to his room of secret teas sliding shut, he glanced over his shoulder at the door before closing it entirely.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Inver-tea? Get it? Inver-tea, tea is in T, InverT as in invert as in reverse!!! GET IT????
Heh, yeah, I'm not exactly a genius.

Anyway, that was kind of fun, wasn't it? I tried. I hope it was alright, and please, let me know if you want to see more! I would love to keep writing for this collection, but I feel there is no point in writing it if no one is reading it. You can tell me like it, love it, dislike it, hate it, but I need to know that my story won't just be something you scroll past and ignore if I update it. So let me know! Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed it, and I guess I'll update it when I next have time. Bye!

-LizzyLucky

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 13.5K 73
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
643K 30.6K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
301K 6.5K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.