The Aftermath - Episode 6 - Funny Guys

Am back! This is good, very good. It's been a week or two at least, I'm sure, but better than a half a year, I think. I'm back! I am trying to be better about updating sooner, and I'm proud of how I'm doing that now! We'll see if it lasts through once I go back to college in a few days, but I've taken on a really simple 365 writing prompts challenge, too, so I should be able to be motivated enough to also work on Fanfiction.

Moving on! Thanks for reading my stuff guys, and I hope you can enjoy what I have in store for you!

-LizzyLucky

The Aftermath - Episode 6 - Funny Guys

~~~

Jay twitched and yelped as the last of the electric buzz shook his body.

"Isn't he hilarious?" Nya laughed heartily, staring after the stranger as he left. "Gosh, I love funny guys..." She said with a dreamy sigh, and Jay's whole world shattered for a moment. He was the funny guy!

What??? He thought. How could his plan have backfired so much???
"But I was- I had a hand-buzzer! I was gonna shock- What?!?" He exclaimed between breaths, sitting bolt upright and suddenly feeling ridiculous about the beau-tea.

"Jay, you're not making any sense." Nya said, giving him a weird look as he sputtered.

"I was going to- Who even was that guy??" Jay stood up and slapped his hands onto the table.

"Just one of our customers. He invited me to sit down with him." Nya explained with a shrug.

"What?? And you accepted?" Jay all but cried out, falling back into the chair the stranger had sat in with a hand in his hair.

"Yeah?" Nya shrugged at him, clueless.

"Nyaaa!" Jay whined, to which Nya giggled softly. "When a guy 'invites to you sit down with him,' he's totally hitting on you!" He explained to her, not bothering to hide the jealous tone in his voice.

"So?" Nya put her hands up.

"So? You- You're my girl! Some weirdo stranger was totally hitting on you! And he used MY move!!" Jay said, pressing his pointer finger into the table as though there were some invisible button there that would correct the situation.

"Your move?" Nya questioned, leaning forward and resting her head on her hands. Jay looked at her incredulously.

She probably should've felt guilty; she was just messing with him. She knew perfectly well that Jay was planning to use a hand-buzzer on her brother, and she knew perfectly well that this other guy was hitting on her. Jay was just too adorable not to tease from time to time.

"I was totally gonna use one of those joke buzzers on Kai- because you always love my jokes! And Kai totally has it coming, anyway, he owes me- nevermind... That guy-! Augh!" Jay spun around in his chair and threw his hands up exasperatedly, trying to figure out what he was saying. Nya giggled again, this time more sympathetically. She stood up and walked over to Jay, leaning over his shoulder.

"It's fine, Jay. You're the only prankster for me." She said softly. Jay brightened up at this significantly.

"You mean it?" He asked, bouncing like a little kid.

He's so childish, thought Nya. That was her Jay...

"Really." She answered, pressing a kiss to his cheek, to which he blushed.

"Ah- but he was- he looked so-" He stuttered more quietly, fiddling with his thumbs. (Yeah, yeah, I know, they don't have thumbs...)

"What? Pretty-boy surfer dude who had all the girls swooning because he's so dreamyyyy-" She paused to smile amusedly at the look of horror on Jay's face. "Him? No, no... Absolutely not. Looks don't matter to me, Jay." She reassured him, giving his shoulders a squeeze.

"But you said he was funny, too... And you looked at him like- like-" Jay tried to communicate his meaning by waving his arms about, albeit looking very confused as though he didn't know what he was trying to say.

"Like this?" Nya said. Jay looked up at her and she was giving him the same look she was to that blond dude- except even more so. Jay melted and stuck out his tongue with a grin.

"Yeah..." He drawled. "Kinda." Nya burst into a fit of laughter. It was a classic Jay expression, but looked so odd on his face for whatever reason. Then it occurred to her- his hair was all... fancy... And all his features were more matured and defined... But it didn't look exactly like him, either.

"Did you use one of Sensei's magic teas?" She asked suddenly, startling Jay into a state of embarrassment.

"Uh... heh... Well, sorta..." He said, rubbing the back of his head with one of his arms. "I mighta found one called "Beau-tea..." He added, looking up at the ceiling as though it were suddenly the most interesting thing in the world. Nya shook her head and sighed in amusement.

"Oh, Jay..." She said, breathing out a quiet chuckle. "How long do you think it will last?" She asked, suddenly wondering how customers would react to his enhanced features for however many hours.

"Oh. Uh, I dunno, I didn't bother to look." Jay answered her, scratching at the back of his head embarrassedly again. "It'll wear off eventually, right? Besides, I'm lookin' gooood..." He added, puckering his lips as he lifted and flexed his arms. Nya laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Sure, Jay. Just try not to become the next Narcissus." She said as she began to walk in the direction of the front counter where a line was beginning to build.

"The next what?" He called after her, not having registered what she said. He put a hand on his chin in thought and stared at the ground in concentration when he suddenly recalled who Narcissus was. (A vain hunter from Greek Mythology who fell in love with his own reflection)

"Hey!"

Not sure how I feel about this one, honestly. I mean, the concept is cute, and I am all for a bit of Jaya, seriously- but I think I changed my style in this one a bit. It felt shorter, it was between only two of the characters, didn't focus so much on the physical effects of the short (such as being shocked and possibly feeling sore from any possible physical changes made to Jay's body for the sake of looking more attractive...), and just felt weird since I utilized the conversation more than anything else to move it all along... But maybe it doesn't matter. It is really meant to be like the short after the short, y'know? And I am so out of the game and still learning even if I weren't, so it's okay. I think I can be happy with this one. And one we get to my favourite shorts (basically all the ones with Zane in them XD), I should hopefully be practiced up enough to feel more confident about it all. Tell me what you guys think of it!

Oh, also- For whatever reason, this really bugs me, but- some people are gonna get on me for spelling it "blond" instead of "blonde." If I'm remembering correctly, "blond" refers to male, and "blonde" refers to female. You can look it up, and if I'm remembering wrong, I'll look it up myself and congratulate you on being right. If I am remembering it right, well, there's your grammar lesson for the day!

-LizzyLucky