Lookism In K-Pop

By love-at-first-fanfic

Wanting to find a way to get money, Hyung Seok ends up as a K-Pop star! Setting is after chapter 74, but no f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28: Weekly Idol - Super Rookies
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31: Kim Won Joon [1]
Chapter 32: Kim Won Joon [2]
Chapter 33: Kim Won Joon [3]
Chapter 34: Kim Won Joon [4]

Chapter 18

1.9K 113 46
By love-at-first-fanfic

"What about Lookism?"

They stared at Hyung Seok with widened eyes.

"Look... ism?"

Hyung Seok gave off a nervous laugh as he rubbed his neck, "Yeah, it's just a thought, though..."

They continued to stare at Hyung Seok, wondering if they were supposed to know what the word meant.

Assuming that they were supposed to know the meaning, Jin Sung started to act like a know-it-all, "Lookism is that thing, right...? Yeah, it means that. Lookism."

In the inside, he was thinking:

What does lookism even mean?!

Bum Jae couldn't help staring at Jin Sung, sweatdropping, Nice try...

As the others wondered what the word meant, Jang Hyeon searched something on his phone. Reading it over, he said:

"Lookism: construction of a standard for beauty and attractiveness, and judgments made about people based on how well or poorly they meet the standard."

Jin Sung took that moment to say, "Yeah, it meant that! I knew that..."

While they ignored Jin Sung's poor attempt, they considered making it as their group name.

Managing to come up with an idea, Bum Jae gave his opinion, "What if we said it in English?"

Jang Hyeon raised his eyebrows, "In English...? That's actually a good idea."

Looking at the ground, he scratched his chin before adding, "Look... ism?"

They couldn't help the feeling of admiration go through them as they stared at Jang Hyeon.

Jang Hyeon raised an eyebrow, "What?"

Brushing their surprise off, he got a piece of paper out, and wrote, "Lookism" on it.

He hummed, hand on chin before commenting, "It's a bit long..."

Tilting his head at a small angle, an idea popped inside of his head. Not wasting any more time, he quickly wrote it down.

"LKM."

Curious, the others peeked over his shoulder to see what he wrote.

Seeing the letters, they couldn't stop their lips from lifting.

...

After an hour of discussing their group greeting with many ideas getting shot down, Jang Hyeon finally decided to show what he had thought of.

He stood in front of his group members, "How about this?"

Closing his eyes, he mentally prepared himself. Prepared, he opened them, and gave off his best smile:

"Hello! Beauty is only skin deep."

Placing the space in between his thumb and index finger of his left hand under his chin while turning his head, he chanted, "We are Lookism!"

They made a sound of amazement; Hyung Seok and Vasco clapping at the beautiful demonstration of their greeting.

In the midst of awe, Hyung Seok turned his head towards Jae Yeol.

"That was a nice demonstration, right, Jae Yeol?"

Jae Yeol, surprised that Hyung Seok turned towards him, nodded.

"Like this?"

Hearing Jin Sung talk, they turned their gaze in his direction.

Doing the greeting, he smirked when he placed the space in between his fingers under his chin, "We are Lookism!"

Amused, Jang Hyeon nodded, "Exactly."

Seeing them practicing their greeting, Vasco decided to join in.

During the greeting, Vasco had this happy-like expression on his face the whole time. When he finished doing it, Vasco looked 10x happier, happy that he's doing something with his friends.

Satisfied with how his greeting went, Vasco turned his head towards Bum Jae, expecting him to do it too.

Not able to say no, Bum Jae reluctantly did the greeting with a strained smile.

Before they can waste any more time, Jang Hyeon coughed in his hand.

When he got their attention, he smiled, "Since we finished the greeting..." His smile turned devilish:

"It's time for the dancing choreography."

...

In the spare training room of DY agency, Lookism had their hands on their knees, panting.

They all glanced at the still-in-good condition, Jang Hyeon with envy.

Jang Hyeon was currently drinking water from his water bottle, hydrated.

They couldn't help eyeing the water bottle with thirsty eyes, mouths watery and their sweat dripping off their skin.

Jang Hyeon seemed to notice the stares before he smiled.

The smile seemed angelic to the others as they were expecting him to do something nice; only for him to ruin it by saying, "I'm not sharing. You have to provide your own water bottle."

Staring in disbelief, some thought:

He's the devil!

Glancing at the clock, the pink-haired male blew on his whistle, "Back to practice!"

They groaned, standing up. They've been dancing for a few hours now, and they barely had any break time.

Continuing to groan, they wondered if they'll survive.

Once the music played, Jang Hyeon danced in front of them, but faced them and mirrored the dance moves; his hawk eyes activated.

Watching for any wrong movements, his eyes glowed when someone messed up a dance move.

Stopping the music, he brought the person up front.

"Vasco! No, no, no, no! You turn left of Park Hyung Seok and Hong Jae Yeol, not their right."

Vasco had been doing surprisingly well with the hard dance moves. That could only be said with the hard moves since when it was time to move opposite directions and doing their own separate dance moves; he sometimes messed up.

Vasco nodded, understanding.

Doing the dance moves again, Jang Hyeon deemed it good enough, and went onto the next dance move.

Facing slightly to his left, he had his hands behind his back.

Placing the arms in front of him, he did a smooth movement with his legs by making a small sway sideways.

Giving small, slow steps that somewhat moved his legs outward a little, he places his hands near his chest before speeding up and lowering his hands.

Kicking his right leg out, he placed it back down before moving his arms out in front of him, a little lower than shoulder level.

Doing that, he bent back a little and placed his arms down while lifting his right leg up, straight. In slow movements, he places the leg back down and kneels a little; arms at side. Grabbing his jacket with both hands, he starts to unbend his knees before moving his jacket to his elbows and smoothly leaning towards the front.

Deciding that that was enough dance moves, he stands back up.

It was time to teach the dance moves to his temporary students.

Staring at them, he decided on what their placements were going to be.

"I want Park Hyung Seok," Jae Yeol's ears twitched, "...to stand in the middle."

Hearing the rest, Jae Yeol almost punched himself for reacting. Looking around, he saw that no one noticed. Pretending that nothing happened, he went back to stare at Jang Hyeon, only to see him staring back at him.

Giving a sly smile, Jang Hyeon pointed next to Hyung Seok, "Hong Jae Yeol, stand next to Park Hyung Seok."

Suspicious, Jae Yeol obliged, nonetheless.

Ignoring Jae Yeol for now, Jang Hyeon continued to place them in their spots.

Bum Jae was behind Hyung Seok, but more on the left, to be seen. Vasco was next to him, behind Jae Yeol, but more on the right. Jin Sung was in the very back, in the middle.

Jin Sung felt smug for being in the middle until he realized that Jang Hyeon was going to be in the front, blocking his view.

Not taking notice of Jin Sung's irritation, Jang Hyeon looked at the mirror to make sure he could see his four group members.

He'll watch Jin Sung when he turns around to double check their dance moves.

Playing the slower version of the music, he did the same movements again, but made sure the others were doing the right moves.

"Here, you move as if you're walking, but giving off a smooth feeling. To give off a smooth feeling, you'll have to move your leg up, but make sure it covers your other leg before moving the leg back, next to your other one."

Making sure the others were doing it right, he continued, "Next, you move a little faster in your steps while swaying a little to the left, then right. Then, you move your right leg up before placing it back down while giving a slight bend of your knees."

Stopping the music, he turned towards them, "Think you can go that far?"

They nodded, surprised on how easy it was to dance the moves when someone was telling you how to do it step by step.

Before they danced, they didn't think that Jang Hyeon was going to be a good teacher.

Not only were they wrong, but he was descriptive, and made sure that everyone was doing the right moves before going onto the next step.

Doing the rest of the steps, they managed to finish the taught moves.

Watching the others dance the moves a few more times, Jang Hyeon glanced at the clock before saying, "Ah. It's time to go."

The others lifted their heads and cheered while some whispered, breathless, "Finally..."

Jang Hyeon wiped off his sweat, "Too bad... We only got halfway through the song."

We were only halfway?!

Jang Hyeon turned towards them and smiled, "Oh, well. It was nice practicing with you." Turning around, he waved, "See you guys tomorrow at 8 o'clock in the morning."

As if giving a last minute warning, he glanced back, "Don't be late."

Like that, Jang Hyeon left the exhausted boys, still in pretty good condition.

They stared at the door.

Some were too tired to think of anything, but the ones who weren't, thought:

What did I get myself into?

...

A/N: I'm late... Oops. Maybe I should just consider 12 AM as in time... Well, if you didn't notice, I'm going to italize the word, "lookism" when it's in English *whispers* since I want to be consistent. Anywho, do you guys have any ideas on what the fandom should be called? I was thinking of "lookers" since they are fans of Lookism or LKM and are beautiful in their own way.

Also, shout out to @TomboyGirlPlayer for giving me an idea on the fandom name and greeting of Lookism!

P.S. Some of you may have not noticed, but remember when Hyung Seok met with Jang Hyeon at school and it said, "I was wrong. So wrong." Haha... It was for this moment... Funny, huh? That just shows that some of those comments aren't as serious as you think... Some...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.9K 3.3K 42
||FINISHED|| || I don't own some of the photo! I DO NOT own Lookism. If I do own some of the photo I'll tell you guys. Don't steal the storyline, tha...
846 16 24
Jungkook and y/n have been married almost for 3 years and have a daughter of 10 months, Ara. No one knows about their daughter except their family an...
5.7K 409 15
[COMPLETED] ***READ THE NON-KPOP VERSION OF THIS STORY @atlas_carter*** When Y/N, an orphan, runs away from her orphanage she is forced to live withi...
28.1K 698 26
[Highest ranking: #30 in #Dino] -I decided to unpublished an edited version and just edit in this book. You might found it a little weird since I don...