Cars (OC's Included)

By Braedey95

While traveling to California for the dispute of the final race of the Piston Cup racing season against The K... More

Chapter One: The Dinoco 400
Chapter Two: A Four-Way-What?!
Chapter Three: Life Is A Highway
Chapter Four: Lost
Chapter Five: Where Are The McQueens?
Chapter Seven: Fix The Road
Chapter Eight: Doc's Challenge
Chapter Nine: A New Road!!!
Chapter Ten: The Story of 'Bolt McQueen'
Chapter Ten: Tractor Tipping and Backwards Driving
Chapter Eleven: New Paint and Our Town
Chapter Twelve: Stampede and Doc Racing
Chapter Thirteen: A New McQueen
Chapter Fourteen: A New Light to Radiator Springs
Chapter Fifteen: The Tiebreaker Race Pt 1
Chapter Sixteen: The Tiebreaker Race Pt 2
Chapter Seventeen: Welcome Home

Chapter Six: Traffic Court

4.3K 59 29
By Braedey95

Speaking of the McQueens, Braedey was sleeping nearby what was the impound lot. He stretched his wheels out, stretching his axles, and shaking his body. He rolled over to the front fence of the impound, and saw Lightning inside the lot, his front left tyre clamped with a rusty yellow parking boot on.

"Hey, Lightning. You awake?" Braedey called, making Lightning wake up slowly.

"Oh, boy." He groaned, and slowly opened his eyes, adjusting to the light. "Braedey... is that you?"

"Who else would you think it be?" Braedey asked sarcastically.

"Mornin', sleepin' beauty!" A rusty tow truck yelled out, making Lightning jump up in shock and fright. "Hahaha! Boy, I was wonderin' when you was gonna wake up."

The tow truck looks like he's a Haunted Hook/Haulital Hook'em, and a mix of a 1951 International Harvester L-170 "Boom Truck", One Ton Wrecker combined with some pieces of a Chevrolet3800 and an old 1957 Dodge Truck. He is covered in rust and the only visible paint that could be seen is on his sides and on his rear. He also has a bumper with a yellow and black "caution" logo.

"Take whatever you want! Just don't hurt me!" McQueen tried to reverse, but when he heard a loud clunk from his front left tyre, he saw the parking boot. "A parking boot? Why do I have a parking boot on? What's going on here? Please!" He was getting freaked out, and tries to get the boot off himself.

"Lightning, relax." Braedey tries to calm down his partner.

The two truck laughed. "You're funny. I like you both already. My name's Mater."

The two racecars looked at the tow truck in confusion. "Mater?" They asked in confusion.

"Yeah, like "tuh-mater", but without the "tuh"." Mater explained. "What's your names?"

McQueen seemed shocked. "You... you don't know our names?"

Mater thought for a moment. "Uhh, no, I know your name. Is your name Mater too?"

McQueen raised a brow. "What?"

"Mater. Listen." Braedey spoke up. "My friend and I need to get to the state of California as fast as possible. But, quick question; where are we?"

Mater seems surprised. "Where are you? Shoot! You're in Radiator Springs. The cutest little town in Carburetor County."

Both McQueens looked around, but all they could see were dilapidated and wrecked buildings, and those that didn't seem to have any kind of rigidity at all.

"Oh, great. Just great!" Lightning groaned.

"Well, if you think that's great, you should see the rest of the town." Mater suggested.

McQueen smirked. "You know, we'd love to see the rest of the town! So, if you could just open the gate, take this boot off, three of us, we go cruisin', check out the local scene..."

"Dad-gum!" Mater was excited. He rolled over to what could be the button for the gate.

"How'd that be, Tuh-Mater?" Lightning asked.

"Cool-" Mare was just about to push the button, when-

"Mater!" Sheriff rolled up, as Mater moved away from the button. "What did I tell you about talkin' to the accused?" Lightning frowned at this.

Mater looked down at the ground. "To not to." He muttered.

"Well, quit yer yappin' and tow this delinquent road hazard to traffic court." Sheriff pushed the button, and the gate opened up.

Braedey rolled up to Sheriff. "Morning, Sheriff." He greeted.

Lightning then noticed something. "Hold on. How come Braedey's not in here with me?" He asked.

"The reason why?" Braedey turned to his partner. "It's easy. I slowed down because it was pitch dark last night, and I couldn't see a thing, and I then came across Sheriff, and we both chased you into town."

McQueen frowned. "So, you let me take the blame." He deduced, and Braedey couldn't help but smirk.

"Well, we'll talk later, Mater." Mater whispered to Lightning, then laughed, as he drove up behind Lightning, and hooked him up. "Haha. "Later, Mater." That's funny!"

~*~*~

"The Radiator Springs Traffic Court will come to order!" Sheriff announced.

As Lightning entered the building, whilst being pushed by Mater up to the 'Accused' section, the townspeople were furious of what had happened.

"Hey, you scratched my paint! I ought take a blowtorch to you, man!" The lowrider snapped at him.

"You broke-a the road! You a very bad car!" The yellow Fiat spoke next.

"Fascist!" The Volkswagen added. "Commie!"

McQueen turned to Sheriff. "Officer, talk to me, babe. How long is this gonna take? We gotta get to California, pronto."

Sheriff didn't budge. "Where's your lawyer?" He demanded.

McQueen scoffed. "Tuh, I don't know. Tahiti maybe."

Braedey drove up next. "Did you know that they've got a good timeshare over there."

Sheriff sighed. He had done this procedure thousands of time. "When a defendant has no lawyer, the court will assign one to him." He looked to the townspeople. "Hey! Anyone want to be his lawyer?"

All the townsfolk reverse away, but Mater stayed in his spot. "Shoot, I'll do it, Sheriff!" He said, and rolled up alongside Lightning's left side, whilst Braedey was on McQueen's right.

"All rise!" Sheriff announced. "The honourable Doc Hudson presiding."

The low rider next used his hydraulics to rise up. He then looked at the Fiat and smirked. "Show-off." The Fiat muttered.

"May Doc have mercy on your soul." Sheriff warned.

Then, the doors into the courtroom burst open, and someone drove in, heading over to the front of the courtroom. "All right, I wanna know who's responsible for wreckin' my town, Sheriff. I wanna his hood on a platter! I'm gonna put him in jail till he rots!" Both Lightning and Braedey look at each other, then rise up on their four wheels, feeling a sense of fear go through them. "No, check that. I'm gonna put him in jail till the jail rots on top of him, and then I'm gonna move him to a new jail and let that jail rot."

Finally, the judge was revealed on top of the judge's spot. He was a 1951 Hudson Hornet. He was in a dark shade of blue, with chrome bumpers and a chrome grille. He also had blue eyes.

"I'm..." Doc then noticed the two racecars. McQueen showed a small smile to the judge. "Throw him out of here, Sheriff. I want him out of my courtroom. I want him out of our town! Case dismissed."

Braedey and the townspeople were shocked, to say the least. Why did the judge announce a case dismissed so quickly?

"That's it?" Braedey asked.

McQueen, however, was happy. "Yes!"

Mater smirked. "Boy, I'm purty good at this lawyerin' stuff."

Then, the courtroom doors opened. "Sorry we're late, Your Honour!"

Both racecars turned to the back of the room. There, parked just at the doors, were two of the most beautiful looking cars they have ever seen in the world.

The first was a 2002 996-series Porsche 911 Carrera, with blue eyes, in a baby blue livery, with chrome rims and two sets of headlights on her front and back, respectively. She has a spoiler just above where her engine is located, whilst the Porsche logo can be found on her hood, while the word "Carrera" is printed under her spoiler. Her license plate is "301PCE".

The second car was a 2012 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, with a lovely set of brown eyes, in a lovely shade of deep blue. The sharp lines seemed to speak out that this car was about speed and agility, but also being a cruiser. The sloping lines on the rear look so well with the rest of the body, and she had the Ferrari logo on the front, and just nearby her wing mirrors.

'Whoa!" Braedey's eyes widened at the sight of the F12 Berlinetta. 'Look at the curves on that lovely lady.'

"Holy Porsche!" McQueen sounded amazed and flattered by the Porsche. "She's gotta be from my attorney's office." He then spoke to the Porsche as she drove up to the front of the courtroom. "Hey, thanks for comin', we're all set. He's letting me go."

The Porsche seemed surprised. He's letting you go?"

McQueen smirked. "Yeah, your job's pretty easy today. All you have to do now is stand there and let me look at you." The Porsche seems surprised at Lightning's actions.

Deciding to be nice, Braedey drove up to the Ferrari. "Hi. I'm Braedey 'Bolt McQueen' Martin." He greeted.

"Hello." The Ferrari replied with a small smile on her face, speaking in a light Italian accent, but it's hardly noticeable. "I'm Mary. Mary Berlinetta."

"Now, that is a name to make one weak on their wheels, and let them look at you." Braedey smiled gently, then shook his head. "Okay. I've only got three words to say to you: You. Are. Beautiful. Ka-Chow!" He shined his left golden lightning bolt, and the bolt shined on Mary's side.

"Oh!" Mary seemed surprised. "Well, you seem a lot less like your friend over there." She gestured to McQueen trying to swoon the Porsche.

"Lightning has always been a cocky racer, but I'm not like him. I'm more like a copy of him." Braedey told her, but before he could say anymore, the rev of an engine caught him and Mary off-guard, and they looked to Lightning.

McQueen smirked. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I scare you?" He asked.

Mater leaned over. "Well, a little bit, but I'll be alright."

Sally sighed lightly. "OK. I'm gonna go talk to the judge."

"Do what you gotta do, baby." Lightning winked. "Oh, but listen. Be careful. Folks around here are not firing on all cylinders, if you know what I mean." He meant Mater, who was trying to s the same thing Lightning did, but with his mirrors.

"Ka-ching!" Mater called, but as he did, the light reflected off his mirror, then off the window, and in his eyes. "Aaah!" He jumped a little, shaking his head to get rid of the sudden light in his eyes.

Sally smirked. "I'll keep that in mind. Hey there, Mater."

"Howdy, Sally." This made Lightning's eyes go wide in surprise.

Sally looked to the townspeople. "Hi, folks!"

"Good morning, Sally. Hey, Mary." The townsfolk greeted the two cars, as they headed off to talk to the judge.

Braedey drove up to Mater and McQueen. "Mater, you know those two cars?" He gestured his right tyre to the two blue cars.

"They're the town attorneys. and my fiancées." Mater smirked.

McQueen was taken aback. "What?!" He asked.

Mater laughed. "Nah, I'm just kiddin'. They just like me for my body."

"Ohhh..." Braedey nodded.

"Doc, you look great this morning." Sally greeted the judge. "Did you do something different with your side view mirrors?"

"What do you want, Sally?" Doc asked her.

Mary drove up. "Doc, we have to make these two fix the road. The town needs this to survive."

"No. I know their type." Doc eyed the two red cars. "Racecar. That's the last thing this town needs."

Sally sighed. "OK, I didn't want to have to do this, Doc, but you leave me no choice." She drove around, and looked at the townspeople. "Fellow citizens, you're all aware of our town's proud history."

Doc sighed. "Here she goes again."

"Radiator Springs, the glorious jewel strung on the necklage of Route 66, the Mother Road!" Sally continued. "It is our job and our pleasure to take care of the travelers on our stretch of that road."

"Travellers? What travellers?" The Jeep asked angrily.

"Ignore him." The Volkswagen sighed.

"But how, I ask you, are we to care for those travellers if there is no road for them to drive on?" Sally asked, then she looked to the yellow Fiat. "Luigi, what do you have at your store?"

The Fiat smirked. "Tyres." He replied in an Italian accent.

"And if no one can get to you?" Sally asked.

"I won't sell any..." Luigi realised something. "...tyres. I will lose everything!" He cried, and the blue forklift began to calm him down.

Mary looked over to the Motorama showgirl. "Flo, what do you have at your store?"

Flo smirked. "I have gas. Lotsa gas!"

Both Mater and the lowrider laughed out loud because of what she just said.

Sally sighed. "OK boys, stay with me. And, and, Flo, what'll happen if no one can come to your station to buy gas?" She asked Flo.

"I'll go outta business and..." Flo realised something. "we'll have to leave town."

Sally looked to everyone. "And what's gonna happen to all of us if Flo leaves town and closes her station?"

"Without gas, we're done for!" The townspeople realised, and yelled out.

"So, don't you think the car, or cars, responsible should fix our road?" Mary asked them.

"The only guy strong enough to fix that road is Big Al!" The Model T Ford spoke out.

"Lizzie, Big Al left, like, 15 years ago." The lowrider told her.

Lizzie looked at the lowrider. "Then, why are you bringing him up, you lemon?"

Sally smirked. "Oh, they can do it. They've got the horsepower. So, what do you want him to do?"

"Fix the road!" The townspeople announced.

"Because we are a town worth fixing!" Sally finished her speech, and everyone began to cheer out loudly.

Doc honked his horn for silence. "Order in the court!" He ordered, as everyone settled down. "Seems like my mind has been changed for me."

"Yeah!!" The townsfolk cheered out. 

McQueen was devastated. "No!"

"Nice rulin'." The Volkswagen spoke out.

Braedey looked at Mary, as she smirked to him. "Well, aren't you a smooth case to cut through anything." Braedey commented to her.

"I have an eye for detail, Gold-Bolt." Mary snickered, and Braedey looked at his lucky bolts, realising that she just gave him a nickname thanks to them.

McQueen eyed Sally angrily. "Ohh, I am so not taking you to dinner."

Sally chuckled. "That's OK, Stickers. You can take Bessie."

Mater smiled. "Oh man, you got to work with Bessie! I'd give my left two lug nuts for somethin' like that."

McQueen was confused. "Bessie?"

Braedey looked to the others. "Who in the name of Enzo Ferrari is Bessie?"

~*~*~

After the traffic court, Doc, Braedey, and Lightning were standing nearby a road pacing machine that goes by the name of 'Bessie'.

Bessie is a Basic Service Equipment road paving machine that is painted yellow, with some rust, and has her name printed on white on her sides. She gets her name from the initials for Basic Service Equipment: BSE.

"This here is Bessie, finest road-pavin' machine ever built." Doc announced, and he looked to the two racecars. "I'm hereby sentencing you two to community service." He looked to Lightning first. "You, hot rod, are gonna fix the road under my supervision." He next looked to Braedey. "And you, young man, will do some light maintenance."

McQueen was shocked by this. "What? This place is crazy!"

Mater drove up to the two cars. "Hey, I know this may be a bad time right now, but tha, you owe me $32,000 in legal fees."

Braedey looked at Mater. "Thirty-two thousand?" He asked, and Mater nodded. "Okay. I'll see what we could do about that."

"So, we're gonna hitch you up to sweet Bessie, and you're gonna pull her nice." Doc told Lightning.

McQueen fumed. "You're gotta be kidding me."

Doc drove up to where the start of the rebuild of the road was, thanks to orange flags. "You start here where the road begins. You finish down there where the road ends."

The destruction done to the road thanks to Lightning was shocking, to say the least. The Main Street road was ripped apart, and it lead from the start of the courthouse to just ahead of Mater's salvage yard and the impound.

"Holy shoot!" Mater's mouth dropped in shock of what he saw.

Braedey drove up between Doc and Mater. "Excuse me, Doc, is it? How long would a job like this take for someone to do?"

"Well, fella does it right, should take him about five days." Doc replied.

"Five days?" McQueen asked in shock. "But, we both should be in California schmoozing Dinoco right now!"

"Then if I were you, I'd quit yappin and start workin'!" Doc told him, and McQueen fumed. "Hook him up, Mater."

Mater nodded. "Okay-dokey." he placed his right tyre against the release lever of Lightning's parking boot, and tries to open it, but it was stuck.

Braedey noticed this. "Need some help with that, Mater?" He asked.

"No. I'm good." Mater replied. He grunted forcefully, pushing against the lever. Then, once he got the clamp off, in a flash and with a rev of his engine, Lightning was gone in a flash!!

"Freedom!!" Lightning's voice echoed out.

Mater looked down at the road, thinking about what just happened. "Maybe I should've-a... hooked him up to Bessie...and then-a..."

"Then take the boot off him?" Braedey asked the tow truck.

"Yeah. Then took the boot off." Mater agreed.

The two new friends looked to Doc. "He's not gonna get far, is he?" Braedey asked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.8K 543 13
A/N: this is part-two of my 'Cars (OCs Included)' book, and plus, since some folks have asked me to make a second book, I guess I can't help but give...
1.2K 38 9
After another season of wins and training, Lightning and Cruz decide to take a break, but someone has come into the town of Radiator Springs: Jackson...
14.7K 236 11
Latitude: 40 degrees 6.80'n Longitude: 172 degrees 23.84'w Location: Pacific Ocean "This is agent Leland Turbo, I have a flash transmission for Finn...
1.2K 47 7
On the way to the Piston Cup, Lighting McQueen, and his partner, Seth 'Grease Lightning' Eaton get lost and wind up in the little town of Radiator Sp...