Am I Not Good Enough

By XSeasonX

Maya Duffield's life was just getting worse by the days. her parents are dead, her sister get's kidnapped and... More

Am I Not Good Enough
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Part 1
Chapter 17 part 2
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 46 - Part 2
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 41

2.1K 40 0
By XSeasonX

this is like the final stand of the story, so please comment and vote!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 41

“can we please do this later Dustin, I want to focus on the rouges right now” I complained, trying to find any way out of talking about this. I was still hurt by what he did, but I know now that I’m going to accept his apology if he says sorry. I’ve become soft like that.

“Uh let me see….. no. we’re talking now, we have a couple miles to walk so we have time to talk” I rolled my eyes and nodded, maybe if I just skimmed through it I could void most of the conversation. “so what did you want to talk about” I asked casually. He gave me a look that clearly said ‘are you kidding me’  I smiled cheekily at him, if I was like this then maybe he would just leave me alone.

“nice try Maya, I know you” my face dropped back into an annoyed look, if he wasn’t believing me them I wasn’t pretending.  “I want to say that we should just put the pack stuff aside for now, I know you and Jace are good friends and you feel like he is family, and you don’t want to chose between us, so we can just deal with that when the time comes” I know he was just trying to make everything better, but that would only last for a certain amount of time, we had to step up and overcome this, and fighting was sure to be involved so we might as well do it now.

“no I want to figure this out soon, your wrong, Jace is not like family, he is family. And we’re going to end up fighting about the situation either way so we need to figure this out soon” I could see he was frustrated, I kept fighting him on everything, but like he said he knows me.  “fine, but can we please do it calmly? I lost my temper last time. And you know what happened, I didn’t mean for it to go that far and I never wanted to hurt you.” He said. I started thinking about the kind of relationship me and Dustin have, we are both stubborn and hard headed, we do what we want and we don’t listen very often. So obviously we’re going to fight a lot. But what makes it worth it is how we balance each other out and how we can always get over it. we weren’t like normal mates who never hurt one another, and were all lovey and mushy. We had our own kind of relationship, and to be honest I kind of like it that way.

“I know you didn’t mean it, I just don’t like being treated like your higher than me, because I'm an alpha too, and next time you do that I wont be so passive” I shot him a smirk to let him no he was forgiven for that. “oh trust me I didn’t even expect that the first time” a smile started to slowly ease it’s way onto his face

I guess you could say we were both more at peace now since being around each other wasn’t so strained.  “so how about when we get back and all this rouge stuff is settled then we can talk to your dad about when your getting the pack, and we can make our decision with his help”  this was the best I could give him, usually I don’t let people have a side.

“that sounds ok” he nodded, we walked through the forest still, pushing leaves and branches out of our face. My memory just had. “hey Kat can you track anything?” I called ahead, we were getting pretty close now and I didn’t want to be caught off guard. “uh I’ll try” she responded and her and Rebecca went ahead and started looking at every single thing.

“Uh yea Maya, we can smell some fresh scents. Not something we can recognize though it’s more of a rugged smell” I nodded, that means that the rouges were here not to long ago. “ok I want Evan and Dale to go with Jace and warn the Fay pack of the rouges, oh and take 2 warriors, everyone else we are going to track down these rouges and kill them” everyone nodded and I caught Jace’s eye. I knew he wanted to stay with me, but an alpha had to go and it couldn’t be alpha Railington since he had to lead some of his pack. with us there is two, and I'm the lead of this whole thing so it’s not like I can.

‘Just warn them and then I’ll lead you back to where we are, our scent’s shouldn’t be hard to pick up’ I reminded him, hoping it would make him feel a little better. ‘you do know you guys covered your scent’s. It could take me hours to find you, and I don’t want to leave you alone’ oh that right, if forgot about how we covered our scent. ‘I’ll be fine, I have everyone here with me. you can go’ I said softly into the link. ‘Ok I think I'm going to take Tara and arrow with me’ I nodded and he signaled everyone to follow him. Dale and Evan should know how to get there, since they swept a whole track of this place on the computer.

“ok Kat and Rebecca track them and find them, everyone else stay hidden within the trees, if they see us first they could attack or run. Both of those things will ruin it” I advised as I sunk lowed into the trees. Kat and Rebecca looked pretty harmless right now, so chances are if rouges saw them they would walk slowly into the clearing and try and scare them before capturing them, like they did for Mariah. We walked for about a half an hour before Rebecca and Kat stopped dead in their tracks. “What” I called out softly. “They were here about 20 seconds to a minute ago, they’re scent is everywhere. They are close by so be on guard” I have to admit they were good.

“ok everyone spread out, if you see one of them then call out loudly. Go in pairs or groups, no one goes alone” I advised before grabbing Dustin and pulling him along with me, I liked two’s because I didn’t have to worry about other people and I wouldn’t get distracted. I know Dustin can handle himself and Chris needed to be with someone that couldn’t do as well. I wanted everyone to come out of this alive, it’s hard but we might be able to do it.

We took a couple steps with him leading before he stopped, making me slam right into the back of him. he reached around to steady me and keep me from falling over, while his eyes were in a clearing. We were being masked by the bushed and tress’s so you can’t see us right now, but we could see them perfectly. There were 2 boys and 1 girl in there. The two boys looked as if to be about 18 or 20, they looked alike so they must be brothers. The girl was a lot younger though, she looked to be around 9-10. They were dirty and their faces were hard, probably because they’ve been out here way to long. I saw a dagger in the belt loop of one of the boys, chances are that they are all packing. “stay here” I whispered to Dustin before I stepped around him. he tried to grab my wrist but I snatched it away. I shot him a look a mouthed ‘just trust me’. he glared but let me go. I have that dagger coated with silver with me, so if any of them tried to kill me then I could handle them.

I made a rustle and walked out. all of them turned to face me and had their hand on a weapon immediately.  “relax I'm not here to fight” I stayed planted where I was and let them get a grip. “are you guys part of the rouge army?” I asked slowly. They all narrowed their eyes and me and nodded. The older one of the boys was the first to speak. “what do you want with us” he said coldly. “I want nothing, but I am here to get you out of this place. you don’t  have to be held captive by the rogues anymore, you can come with us. last tie I heard there was 10 of you and you had a supervisor” at my mummery of a supervisor I looked around, it was only the three of them. which is kind of weird. They were supposed to stay together, after all they were captives. And then it hit me, they were dirt and raw and guarded. They were run always. The younger boy laughed humorlessly “we don’t need your help to get out of here” he spat. 

“I didn’t say you had to take it, I'm just saying that I'm the alpha of the Fuerte pack, we’re here now to take down the rouges” I said slowly. The three of them were rough all over, the rouges changed them. They were supposed to be kids but that was taken from them and they were forced to grow up all too fast, Kind of like I had to in the last month or so.

“We have already gotten everyone else, except the rouge army because you guys are the hardest to locate” I explained. I'm surprised Dustin actually stayed put where I told him too, he didn’t usually listen to me when it came down o these kinds of things.  “Well then we will help you, but once we are out of this then we will go back to our original packs” the older one took his hand off his weapon and stepped forward. “Hazel” he stuck out his hand as I shook it. “That is my brother Jack and the girl there is Shay” I looked over at them and nodded.

“Did you come alone?” he asked raising an eyebrow. “Of course not, my pack and the Nightshade pack is here with me. we split up and I am with my mate right now” I looked behind me and motioned for Dustin to come out. he slowly stepped out of the trees towards us. everyone’s eyes were on him as he came out. his hair was brushed all over in a messy way and he looked a bit roughed up, but in all he still  looked like the same guy that he had always been.

He nodded at everyone “so do you know where they are now?” I asked. They all looked at each other for a split second before Hazel turned back to me. “they were going to attack Fay tonight, so there are probably a couple spying, and the rest making weapons” he said. there were 7 of them left, so that means that Mariah and Luke’s sister was somewhere over there. “well we kind of have some family captured by them, maybe you know them?” I just wanted to hear that Mariah was alive right now, and that the whole rouge army is still here. I want my sister back and I’ve already gone through hell and back to get here. I am not leaving without her.

“uh yea there are 3 girls left, there is Kayla, Sarah and one of them is in pretty bad shape but she is still alive.” That made my heart sink and beat faster at the same time, they said two of the three names that wasn’t Mariah and if there were only three girls left then that meant that Mariah was the one in bad shape. “my sister is Mariah and my friends sister is Kayla” they deserved to at least know.

They have probably worked with them before, but I can’t help but wonder why Mariah wouldn’t try and come along with them, Shay is like 10 and she made it. Mariah is almost 20, she should have been able to make it too. “well then call your pack over, we can lead you there it will only take 20 minutes” they nodded.

‘Ok Chris, Lukas, Luke. Whoever you are with tell the rest of the pack to come. I have found runaways and they can lead us. we are not far from where we split, a clearing near there . Hurry please’ “ok there coming” I said to Hazel. I feel bad that they had to go through this, and how long have they been doing this and bin here? My dad has been ‘dead’ for a number of years now and some of these people must have been recruited at an early age.

Soon they all came from the tree’s and looked at the three runaways. Then they looked at me, for some reason I felt like laughing. And I did, everyone looked at me like I was a bit crazy but why were they all looking at each other and not talking? It was rather funny.  “ok anyway, Hazel lead the way” I said when I recovered. He nodded, I didn’t miss the little smirk that was on his face though, maybe the only real amusement he’s had in a while. We walked through the tree’s as silently as we could, and as predicted we stopped about 30 feet from where the rouges were.

We were still hidden in the trees but we would see some of the bustling around, and sharpening weapons and all that. If we don’t stop this stack then there will be a lot of blood shed tonight. I didn’t see Mariah and Kayla anywhere though. I did see one girl, she was probably Sarah, there were the four boys also. They ranged from ages 16-25, some of them probably spent the last couple of years fighting for the rouges, and judging by their builds and movement, they were fighters.

There was no sign of a super visor so far, but I could see a tent in the far left of the clearing, it was a tall blue tent that no one came in and out of, the place was probably wired with camera’s and we were in a blind spot most likely. Now I wonder how Hazel, Shay and Jack managed to get out of here. This is going to be some fight……

I just hope that the rouge army is on my side, they must want out….. I looked back at everyone to see them still staring at the settlement. Hazel gave me a knowing look and I waved my hand in front of everyone’s faces.  “This has to happen soon. And I mean it, they can’t know we’re here, so we have to do this soon. I’ll give you guys a minute to strategize and then we go in.

I just hope everyone comes out alive this time…..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 82 21
Emma was young when her mother was shot by a Dalek in the act if saving her. Her dad blamed her for the sadness her mothers death had caused. She soo...
410 20 13
Jake, a handsome 19 year old boy who's parents died, so he now lives by himself, met Emily, a 17 year old, goody two shoes girl, who wants nothing to...
39.2K 810 24
It all started with a realization and now he's insane. They spend an awesome night together and now Amy has to keep a secret from Sonic while also em...
308 4 21
A new boy comes to a new highschool. He is seen as the school's bad boy. Until he meets a girl of his dreams! He soon realizes he is in love her, but...