Aleana and Aragorn

By RubabShaukat

Aleana is the daughter of Gandalf the Grey and a dear friend to Frodo Baggins. When the ring falls in the pos... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Tribute
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 (Epilogue)
Next Story
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Plagiarism

Chapter 20

11.4K 275 56
By RubabShaukat

***Aleana POV***

After much walking we finally come to the top of our path, looking at the looming cliff before us. Night had fallen and I could tell the hobbits were getting quite tired.

"The Walls of Moria," Gimli exclaims in awe. Both him and father begin tapping the wall with their axe and staff, listening.

"Dwarf doors are invisible when closed," Gimli says.

"Yes, Gimli, their own masters cannot find them if their secrets are forgotten," father comments.

"Why doesn't that surprise me," Legolas asks and Gimli sniffs with disgust at his comment. I role my eyes at their childishness.

A few minutes into looking, the door finally reveals itself and father and Frodo sit, trying to figure out how to open the door. I move towards where Aragorn was unsaddling Bill the pony that Sam had brought.

"Mines are no place for a Pony," Aragorn whispers to a sad Sam, "even one so brave as Bill."

I step forward and hold Bill's head in my hands, looking deep into his eyes.

"Auta eska [go home]," I whisper in one of the many Elvish languages I knew. Bill turns around and trots off. Sam looks sad still and moves off to stand beside Boromir. I turn to Aragorn shyly, slowly bringing up my eyes to meet his. He is already looking at me, his hair falling in his eyes as he looked down due to how close we were standing.

Before I knew what I was doing, I bring my hand up and push his hair behind his ear and out of his face, my eyes on the lock of hair. Once behind his ear, my eyes move and his gaze is piercing as he looks at me. I feel my face grow hot under his eyes and I drop my hand and my eyes.

"Sorry, I do not know what overcame me," I mutter.

"I do not mind for it allows me to gaze upon you much clearer," he whispers and I bring my head up sharply in shock, my hazel hues meeting his blue ones. His eyes pierce my very soul and I feel my legs go weak as he continues to look at me, standing ever so close. We are suddenly pulled from our daze when we hear a stone being thrown in the lake. Both Aragorn and I turn to the sound and see Merry and Pippin tossing stones into the lake, black rippling rings slowly fan out. Pippin is about to throw another stone, but Aragorn grabs his arm.

"Do not disturb the water," he whispers to him and watches anxiously as the ripples appear to grow. His hand rests on his sword as he turns to see my standing close to the water. In the next second he grabs my hand and pulls me behind him so I was away from the water.

Suddenly we hear doors opening and look to see that Frodo and father had figured out the password as the gate of Moria opens before us, revealing darkness within. We enter the gates warily as Gimli speaks of the great welcome we would receive from Balin. I however do not listen for I feel a great evil within the walls and I gasp when father finally lights his staff, illuminating the chamber.

There were so many dwarf skeletons strewn about, weapons clattered everywhere as if they had been in a war. My hands cover my mouth in shock as tears spring to my eyes. Many of them had been my friends in the past and now they were just...gone. I feel a hand on my shoulder trying to offer a sort of comfort and I know it was Aragorn.

"This is no mine," Boromir says grimly, "it's a tomb."

Poor Gimli is looking around in shock and disbelief as his kin lay dead before him. Legolas pulls an arrow out of a skeleton and we notice it is of the goblins. I pull my bow off my chest and fit an arrow into it as the others draw their swords. We move back, thinking of leaving when suddenly Frodo is pulled to the ground.

We turn around and see a tentacle wrapped around Frodo's ankle, dragging him towards the lake. Aragorn and Boromir rush forward as I let my arrow sail, hitting one of the many tentacles of the creature. Aragron severs the tentacle holding Frodo and pulls him to safety. Suddenly, about twenty more tentacles shoot from the lake, attacking the boys again. I let my arrows loose, protecting them from their grip as they hack at them.

Once again the creature grabs Frodo and pulls him to the lake. Frodo is flung into the air and I see Aragorn hack at the tentacle and Frodo falls into Boromir's arms.

"Into the mines," father shouts and everyone turns around, running into the mines as the creature rips at the door, creating a rock slide and blocking the entrance, leaving us trapped in the mines. Father lights his staff again.

"Now we have but one choice," father says ominously, "we must face the long dark of Moria. Be on your guard, there are older and fouler things than the Orcs in the deep places of the world. Quietly now. It's a four day journey to the other side. Let us hope that our presence will go unnoticed."

We slowly make our way through the dark, quietly as to not wake whatever evil that dwelled here. As we enter a chamber with old ropes and ancient ladders, we look around at the shining substance on the wall, glowing under the light from father's staff.

"Mithril," I say, "Bilbo had a shirt of mithril rings that Thorin gave him, do you remember father?" Father nods.

"Oh, that was a kingly gift," Gimli comments and I nod knowing that that one shirt's worth was greater than the value of the Shire. We continue our journey for what seems like forever, keeping quiet, when suddenly father stops.

"I have no memory of this place," he says and so we decide to rest as father tried to remember. The hobbits huddle together and I sit a little way off from the others, but I'm not left alone for long as Boromir comes to sit beside me.

"How are you faring Aleana? I would not think a woman would be able to brave such darkness and danger." I look to him slightly offended.

"I have lived many ages Boromir, much more than you can imagine and have seen all kinds of darkness. Do not be so quick to judge my weaknesses or strength, especially due to my gender."

"I am sorry," he notices the slight anger in my voice, "I was just trying to say that you are exceptionally brave."

I nod in thanks, forgiving his words. He stays quiet for a few minutes, but then speaks up.

"Can I ask you something," I turn to look at him again, nodding.

"Are you with Aragorn, you two seem close."

"I did not think that was your concern," I raise my eyebrow at him and he chuckles.

"You know his answer was as vague as how yours just was."

I look to him, more curious now.

"What do you mean?"

"Back in Rivendell before the council met, the night I went to Elrond's gallery where I first met Aragorn and you, but you were asleep. I had asked him the same question and he had answered that he did not know what I meant. You two are strange ones," he laughs before standing and petting my head in a brotherly gesture and moving off to speak with the hobbits.

Just then Legolas comes and sits next to me and I smile at him, not having seen him since the Battle of the Five Armies.

"Aleana, how are you? We did not properly get to speak since we started this journey."

"Quite alright Legolas, I heard that you left to meet with a Ranger after the battle. Was it Aragorn?"

"Yes, we have become quite close, almost like brothers."

"Hmmm...is that so. In that case you must have some inkling to how he feels about me," I joke.

"Oh, I definitely do," he gives me a knowing glance, "but I will let him tell you."

I look at him curiously before moving my eyes to Aragorn who stood away in the shadows. He was leaning against the wall, one leg resting on the ground, the other bent and resting against the wall. His arms were crossed and only a slight sliver of light illuminated his features. Once again I feel a warmth in me as I admire how handsome he was. But I knew it was not only that which attracted me, but his personality as well.

He was as men should be: kind, chivalrous yet serious when needed to be and should know the importance of relationships, whether they be ones bound in love or friendship. Aragorn definitely was a man of dreams. Suddenly Aragorn turns his head and his eyes fall on me, my cheeks heating up as I realize how I had been admiring him. One side of his lip pulls up into a small smile and I smile back, resisting the urge to run and kiss him on those very same lips.

A/n: Okay, so not as much action as promised, but it will come in the next chapter! Keep reading!

Comment and vote!

Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 52 15
Livia , daughter of Lord Elrond and Lady Celebrian, sister to Arwen and the twins Elladan, Elrohir loves to go to Adventures and explore the world. S...
77.3K 4.7K 43
Frodo was meant to be the Ring-bearer. But when he falls under Sauron's control and vanishes before Elrond's council, where does that leave the Fello...
18.8K 372 45
A young girl mysteriously entered the world of Middle Earth. There, she encounters the dragon, Smaug, Orcs, wizards, and the Dark Lord, Sauron. She b...
3.2K 93 23
Here I am back again with my Elfling series here is book l all over again If you haven't read The first or second, third or fourth book then I would...