Playing The Straight Game [bo...

Von ritest

[Teen Fiction, LGBT+ Romance] 6 weeks. After a prank war goes too far, that's how long star quarterback and l... Mehr

note
Prologue
01
02
03
04
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
T h a n k Y o u

05

125K 5.3K 9.7K
Von ritest

Night two. But for Farren it genuinely felt like at least night five. Each hour with Kaden was more like a day, most likely because he was never with his friends as constantly as this.

With his other friends, even Jesse, he was never with them morning, after school, evening and night. And this was only after two days. He still had another forty-one nights to go.

Thinking of his other friends, brought Farren back to the conversation he had had with them at school today. They all ate together at lunch as usual, along with the typical few cheerleaders and other 'populars' from here and there.

The team's feeling towards the roommate situation was pretty mixed. Some people, like Flynn and Devon had just decided to ignore their partners as much as they could, making the bare minimum effort, which overall seemed to be the most popular choice with the group.

Others, like Leo and Michael were losing their minds, with Leo even claiming he was on the verge of pushing his partner Brett down the stairs if he didn't stop annoying him. He was glad he wasn't in that sort of situation. It sounded exhausting.

On the other end of the rope was people like Darren and James who admitted they were getting on really well with their partners, even going so far as to say they were actually really nice guys.

As for Farren, he didn't exactly know where he fell on the spectrum. Would he consider Kaden a friend? He presumed he would. But sometimes it was hard to tell with him. Things with Kaden were so hot and cold. At first he seemed cool, then sarcastic, then cool again, then rude, then on and on and on. It was like a never ending circle and frankly, it was becoming annoying.

As for Jesse, he said that him and Luke Hensdale were getting on surprisingly good. Jesse, like all the others, said it was a little awkward at times but that Luke was pretty chill and could hold a conversation. Plus he apparently had a killer collection of Xbox games which he had brought to Jesse's. And if there was one way to win Jesse's approval it was with Grand Theft Auto.

One thing he did find different about him and Kaden in regards to the others was that it was never really awkward around him and Kaden. The conversation seemed to flow naturally enough. Sure, most of it was snarky remarks and light bickering, but they were certainly never at loss for words. Which, Farren supposed, he should be grateful for.

He had come out of the shower about twenty minutes ago and was doing that towel sit thing. You know the one, where you sit on your bed in your towel just thinking about this and that and everything in between.

He knew he didn't have to worry about Kaden bursting in, he could hear him downstairs talking to Grace and Jenny, and if Kaden were to come up the stairs he would hear them creaking.

Another five minutes passed and he finally decided that a twenty five minute towel session was enough for today. He made his way over to his wardrobe and grabbed a clean pair of boxers and changed into them quickly, before hopping into bed.

He fumbled his hand around the bedside table for a moment before finding what he was looking for, pulling his hand back with his earphones in tow. He pressed shuffle, closed his eyes and lay back in bed, the music taking over his mind as the words of Crowded House's 'Don't Dream It's Over' streamed in his ears.

It had been his dad's favourite song and no matter how much times Farren listened to it, it just never got old.

He didn't know how long he lay there, but eventually Kaden came walking into the room, his eyes sweeping over to Farren.

Farren took out his earphones and left them on the nightstand, nodding at Kaden in acknowledgement. He didn't want to come across rude if Kaden started talking to him. He stayed in bed on his phone, texting his friends while Kaden went to get changed.

This whole sleeping arrangements was weird for the both of them. It was uncomfortable, having to share a bed with your supposed rival, especially considering they were two teenage boys and both apparently slept half naked.

If only Grace and Jenny hadn't fixed the spare bedroom into a study all those years ago, he thought bitterly.

Only moments later, Kaden made his way out of the bathroom, shirtless but wearing joggers. Farren couldn't help that his eyes drifted towards Kaden's chiselled abdominal muscles. How did the guy eat so much and maintain those abs? Even he had to admit, Kaden had a great body.

"Checking me out once again Milton?" He asked with a smirk, breaking the silence. Farren snapped out of his reverie faster than lightening, embarrassed at having been caught.

He felt himself flushing but forced himself to seem unaffected. "Just wondering how you're quarterback, I mean your so.. scrawny." He shrugged nonchalantly.

Lies. Kaden was very well built and he knew it.

"Yeah I'd say I am," snorted Kaden sarcastically. By now, Farren had completely snapped back to reality, and he felt his sarcastic side take over.

"There's this thing called the gym. You might wanna try it some time." He fired back. He was no Sue Sylvester but he was pretty quick with the comebacks. Insult and Sarcasm were his second and third languages, just like Kaden.

"There's this thing called not staring at your roommate pervertedly. You might wanna try that sometime." Kaden smirked back.

If there was one person to rival Farren's snarky wit, it was Kaden Rivers.

"Oh fuck your self," Farren said with his usual eye roll, admittedly defeated.

"Can't exactly while your here can I?" Kaden winked as he sat into the bed.

It took Farren a split second to come to terms with what Kaden meant.

His face flushed with shock. "Gross man." He said with disgust, hitting Kaden on the arm. Kaden just laughed before lying down on the bed and getting himself comfortable, laying himself down with one arm resting behind his head and the other on his stomach. Farren had to admit that Kaden had good arms.

Deciding how was probably the best time to settle down for the night, he turned on his side with the intention of letting his phone down.

Just as he was about to put it away it pinged with a message from Jesse.

From: Jesse;
Hey man, wanna come over after school tomorrow? You can bring Kaden, Luke is pining after him. He's pretty heartbroken.

Farren snorted with a laugh, but before he even had time to reply another message came in.

From: Jesse;
Hey sorry bro that was Jesse just being a prick, I'm not heartbroken or pining after anyone. But yeah feel free to come over tomorrow we need more people for Call of Duty.

He smiled to himself. He was glad they were getting along. He looked over at Kaden who was staring up at the ceiling with a bored expression on his face.

"You doing anything after school tomorrow?" Asked Farren, causing Kaden to look up at him.

"Nah, don't think so." Replied Kaden with a shrug.

Farren nodded his eyes before continuing. "Jesse wants to know if we want to go round to his. Apparently your little boyfriend Luke is lost without you," he smirked.

Kaden appeared to consider his offer for a moment, before nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders in agreement."Tell him I'll come, I've nothing better to do anyway. And," he smirked, "as for my 'little boyfriend Luke,' try not to sound too jealous Farry. Envy is not a good look on you." Kaden replied, a teasing going on his eye.

"You wish." Farren rolled his eyes in reply.

"Keep rolling them eyes, maybe you'll find yourself a friend back there somewhere."

"Pretty sure you've used that one before."

"Pretty sure I don't give a fuck"

"Whatever man. I'm going to reply to Jesse so, let him know that you are practically dancing with the excitement of seeing your darling Luke tomorrow."

And with that Farren took out his phone and preceded to reply to Jesse.

To: Jesse;
Yeah that's fine with both of us, I can pick you up for school tomorrow, no point in us both bringing our cars. Also, tell Luke that Kaden said his heart was going to burst with excitement to see his dear boyfriend, see you tomorrow.

He read the text aloud as he typed, earning him both a glare and a suppressed laugh from Kaden.

And with that Farren turned to put his phone back on his nightstand, took his meds and closed his eyes, falling back on his pillow with a smile on his face.

XXXXX

Kaden made his way over to Luke's car. School had ended and now they were on their way to Jesse Ronan's house. He was finally going to meet the famous Jesse, or as he liked to think of him, Waylon Smithers Junior.

Maybe Jesse wasn't going to be the same as Kaden's opinion of him. Who knows, maybe he was less of a sheep than he appeared to be. Kaden supposed that he would be finding out today anyway.

He tapped his fingers on the roof of the car impatiently, waiting for Luke. What was taking him so long. He was bored and hungry, and standing around in this carpark wasn't doing anything to improve his mood. And the many girls, and even occasional boys, that were eye raping him were really starting to piss him off.

Why did they have to stare so obviously.. it made him frustrated.

"Hey bro," a voice spoke up. About fucking time. He looked up at the sound of Luke speaking, before replying.

"Hey man," he said, "are we going straight to Jesse's?"

"Yeah if that's okay with you?" Replied Luke, "unless you have something else you need to do?"

"Nah I'm easy," said Kaden, sliding into the passenger seat of the car, resting his head back against the headrest and closing his eyes.

He loved Luke's car. It was nothing too fancy but it was spacious and comfortable, it always smelled like food, and had good music.

Luke started up the car and they pulled out of the school. A moment later, Kaden opened his eyes and looked over at Luke. "What's this Jesse guy like anyway?" He asked.

Luke glanced over at him before answering with a shrug. "He's cool, to be honest. We get along good and his mom can cook so great. Like honestly you have to try and stay for dinner." Luke replied, licking his lips in anticipation before continuing. "What about you and Golden Boy? Trouble in paradise yet?" He snickered.

Kaden shrugged uncertainty. Were him and Farren friends? He supposed they were, sarcasm aside. "I mean, we get on okay. It's mostly just sarcasm and the likes but yeah, it's grand."

"What are his parents like? Jesse mentioned something about them being lesbians?" Asked Luke eagerly, a hopeful expression on his face. Man he was such a pervert.

Then again, he was a teenage boy. A horny teenage boy at that. Luke was the only person Kaden knew that would be up for a shag anytime, anywhere. The name Luke Hensdale was synonymous with the word horny.

"Yup," Kaden replied after a moment, popping the 'p' sound. He smirked when he glanced over at Luke, who seemed to be completely starstruck. Kaden decided to push his buttons further. "They're actually his aunts, well his aunt and her wife. At least I think they're married. Anyway, they're always making out around the place and stuff, you know how it is with lesbians," Kaden lied, just to see the expression on Luke's face. What was it about lesbians that got teenage boys so hot?

At this point Luke was literally drooling. "Fuck man, you don't know how lucky you are."

Luke was just so gullible.

"Dude, I'm joking. Honestly your so horny sometimes it's weird. You need to get laid."

Luke looked over at him, offended. "Fuck you bro, you really had my hopes up for a minute. And for your information, I do get laid. A lot more than you. Not that it's any of your business."

Kaden just snorted in reply, purposely annoying Luke further even though what he was saying was true. Kaden wasn't a virgin, but he was not the whore of the town either. That spot seemed to be reserved for a certain Farren Milton.

He'd been at parties with Farren before and saw how the girls would be all over him, just like they were with himself.. And he had watched as girl after girl, each past hookup tried to ask Farren out, saying things along the line of "I thought what we had was special."

Farren felt guilty, turning them away. Kaden could see that. He knew Farren's game though, everyone did. From the start it was always just a hookup, nothing else. Anyone who expected more always ended up hurt.

Kaden himself didn't bother that much with the girls anymore. He used to be like Farren, playing the field. But he was different now. He'd grown up from being that hormonal teenage boy.

The truth was that he just wasn't that into the clinginess that came with the hookups. The girls always trying to "change the bad boy." Wanting him to settle down.

He wasn't like that. He couldn't be pinned down. Him and Farren were similar that way. But Kaden knew that one day Farren would settle down, have a wife and kids of his own. He was a romantic deep down, one look at his movie collection and that much was obvious.

"We're here."

Kaden snapped out of his train of thought at the sound of Luke's voice, looking up at the nice house that stood before him.

It was a big enough house, but not in a rich way, if that made sense. It was a family home, with the swing set in the back garden and bikes around the front. It was the sort of house Kaden wished for when he was growing up. He was never a fan of his stone cold mansion, which held no feeling of home.

This place however, was the epitome of homely. Rustic and cosy, it looked like the perfect place to raise a family.

He saw Farren's car already in the drive way. It figured they would have arrived first, the house was closer to their school.

Kaden and Luke made their way up the steps and into the house. Wow, Luke really had made himself at home, not even bothering to knock.

Kaden turned to close the door behind him, before following Luke down through the cozy house.

He looked around the house curiously as he walked, observing the photographs lining the walls and the warm toned wallpaper.

A moment later, they stopped outside the basement door, which Luke informed him was a chill out kinda room. Here goes nothing, Kaden thought to himself as he followed Luke into a den of sorts.

XXXXX

It's so late oh my god my eyes are starting to ache!

Qotc; Favourite male actor?

Aotc; Timothee Chalamet

You know what to do! Vote comment follow xx.

-A

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.3M 66.4K 146
The ancient Greeks said Cupid's arrows could make you fall in love, but what if those arrows hit the wrong person? And what if that person was Eastwo...
31.3K 881 42
The son of the school old but famous QB jock and head cheerleader - Noah Blake. He eas supposed to be the next legacy of Winster High, the one winnin...
126K 3.1K 25
Sticking 2 hot heads with a sex drive higher than their egos together didn't seem smart. But yet that's exactly what happens. Roman and Will didn't h...
78.8K 3.7K 26
Sequel to More Than Just Roommates!! **Completed** It's been ten years since the four boys first got together, and a lot has changed. They've gotten...