Moira

By simply-caitlyn

"Don't judge my bangs. My mom made me do it." I say. "It's cute." He says, biting back a laugh. "Asshole," I... More

~Prologue~
(1) Is she going to be okay?
(2) Lazy bastards.
(3) No, inner beauty matters too.
(4) That's when you use your fast pass bitch.
(5) I hope when I leave, they starve.
(6) So after a million, you'll think about it?
(7) You're a lifesaver, Rose.
(8) Worst lunch of my life.
(9) You're creepy at night.
(10) You're breaking my heart, Rose.
(11) Are you saying I smell?
(12) Are you jealous?
(13) I didn't even cheat.
(14) I don't know, is there?
(16) You want to be just friends...
(17) Is Rose saying I'm worthy of posting?
(18) I still don't like you.
(19) There's no way this bitch pulled you.
~Epilogue~
B O N U S C H A P T E R

(15) It's really not that big of a deal...

6.6K 294 41
By simply-caitlyn

Primrose's POV

Esme woke me up at 7 am just to tell me the pantry needed to be reorganized. Knowing I could have slept in, this day was already horrible.

Esme went out to probably drink with her friends, and Cassy needed to go to the mall. I lied about having a shift tonight to sleep over at Lilac's. I doubt she'll even notice, though, knowing she'll be hungover tomorrow.

It was around noon, and I finally finished all the chores Esme had assigned me for the weekend. I decide to get ready for the day when I see my phone light up.

Dick Appointment 🥵:

Is everything okay with Lilac and Matt?
Matt seems upset about something she said

I haven't heard anything from her, but if she tells me anything, I might tell you :)

Thanks, babe 😏

No
All those times, I said that I was kidding!
Don't call me that!

But babe...
I like calling you that

Don't babe me
Oh no.
Plz don't tell me you put me down as babe on your phone

Maybe 😈

I'm surprised we only exchanged numbers yesterday
I probably would have given you a better name (but anything beats, babe)

What is it now?

Dick Appointment 🥵

NO
CHANGE IT
HOW DARE YOU

😘

I gtg (babe 🤮) I might text you if Lilac has any tea later

Bye babe ❤️

You annoy me -_-

I laugh and take a quick shower. Then I changed and packed my bag.

Outfit:

Lilac 💜:

Move your ass already

I leave my room and see Lilac's car parked on the side of the road. I open the door and throw my bag to the back. Then I slide in and close the door.

"You hungry?" She asks.

"Always," I answer.

We go to the grocery store and end up buying food we want to eat. Then we head to Lilac's place to have a "picnic" in her backyard.

"I will never get over how cool your backyard is," I say excitedly.

"Thank my dad. He built everything himself because it was cheaper." She says, laughing.

We sit in the gazebo and lay out all of the food. Lilac's face lights up when she spots a container filled with macaroons. I grab one of the sandwiches in the box and slide the box toward Lilac.

"Anything new since yesterday?" I ask.

"Matt and I were texting last night, and I think I hurt his feelings," Lilac says, frowning.

"What happened?" I ask.

"He was playing this video game, and I think he reached a new level of achievement. He was really excited, and I was a bitch for not celebrating with him." She says, sighing.

"Did he call you that?" I ask, surprised.

"No! Matt would never." Lilac defends. "I was just tired, and I wanted to actually talk. He just wanted to play his video game and have me as background noise."

"Maybe you should just communicate that with him. He probably didn't realize he was hurting your feelings by ignoring you." I say, finishing my sandwich.

"I just don't want to appear clingy. I don't need his attention 24/7. Like when you and I FaceTime, we always talk, then when we're done, we end it." She says.

"Maybe he's one of those people who like having the presence of someone on their phone. Both sides do their own thing, but it's nice to know someone is there if you need something." I say.

"You're so good at this stuff. I can't believe Alex still hasn't made a move." She says while shaking her head.

I freeze, and Lilac sees my expression. She slaps my leg and says, "Tell me!"

"It's not that big of a deal..." I say, feeling my
cheeks heat up. Wow, you suck with emotions.

"We hung out after school. I took him to my parents' grave. Then we had dinner, that's it." I say quickly.

Her eyes widen, and she asks, "Was it awkward?"

I laugh and nod. "Definitely in the beginning. But that's cause I make things awkward by overthinking. He seemed to really want to meet my parents, though."

"Ooooh, Primrose has a crush." Lilac teases.

"Gross, stop... But, um, something else happened." I say, adding suspense.

"Let me guess. You almost made a move but chickened out? Like in those movies where it's so obvious you should kiss, but something interrupts you." She says.

"I actually kissed him," I say, grabbing a macaroon.

Lilac chokes on her drink, and I laugh. "Stop laughing at my pain." She croaks out, pounding on her chest.

Once she's breathing normally, she says, "Primrose making moves. When's the wedding?"

I roll my eyes and say, "It's one date. I don't even know if he'll still like me by then."

Lilac shakes her head in disappointment. "That boy is so into you and has been for weeks. You just haven't noticed."

"I would have definitely noticed!" I exclaim.

She laughs and pats my shoulder. "Sure." She says.

"Anyways, our date is next weekend, so I have a week to overthink it," I say. I'll always be here for you. Overthinking one thought at a time.

We finish our lunch and decide to bake some cupcakes. While I'm pouring the batter, Lilac says, "Wow... We have a lot more than usual."

"You don't think you can finish all of this?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"15 cupcakes seems like a lot for one person." She says.

"Don't your parents like cupcakes?" I ask, finishing the batter.

"They won't eat it since they're doing this weird diet together. They're both a little overweight, so they want to suffer together." She says.

"Couple goals," I say, smiling.

"I think I'll just give some to Alex if I can't finish my share," I say, grabbing the tray to put in the oven.

"That's a perfect idea! I could apologize to Matt with cupcakes." She says.

"Another relationship saved by yours truly," I say, pretending I'm speaking to an audience.

"You're so weird," Lilac says, washing the measuring cups.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

When we finish adding the frosting, Lilac adds the mini cinnamon rolls. "They look so cute!" She says excitedly.

After I take a few pictures, we each grab a cupcake to eat. "If college and crime don't work out, I'll open a bakery." She says jokingly.

"I actually think you'd do well in that business," I say.

She laughs and says, "Maybe. I wish I had a real passion for something like you."

"You'll find one. You don't have to have your whole life planned out." I say, reassuring her she'll be okay.

She rests her head on my shoulder, and I lean on her. "I'm not ready for life to change." She says.

"You'll have at least one consistent thing. I'll still be in the same state." I say, trying to cheer her up.

"No more future talk. Today is celebrating you being a fucking adult." She says, clapping her hands. She runs up the stairs and returns with a card and a large gift bag.

I open up her card and read it. I laugh at our inside jokes and see a jewelry business card. "I might have a connection in the business. They can fix your janky bracelet." She says.

"I appreciate it," I say, bringing her into a hug. I can't believe you losing that bracelet got you Alex.

She hands me the big bag, and I take out the tissue paper. It's a fluffy blanket covered in small ducks. "Thank you so much!" I say.

"I remember you complaining about not having a fluffy blanket and thought you could use one." She says, smiling.

"It's perfect. Definitely will bring it to our apartment in New York." I say.

"No way!" She says, surprised.

"I think we would be good roommates. And the rent is surprisingly doable." I say.

"I'm so looking forward to college now. I didn't know if you would say yes since I completely get wanting your own space and all. But I'm so happy we get to be roommates!" She says.

"I can't wait to decorate. I've already started looking for furniture." I say, laughing.

"I've been looking for pots and pans because we'll be baking and cooking a lot." She says.

I grab another cupcake and ask, "Do you plan on giving the cupcakes today?"

She bites her lip and says, "Uh, no... It can wait until tomorrow. We're supposed to be celebrating you!"

I raise my eyebrow at her excuse, and she sighs. "What if he wants to break up?" She asks.

"Then we'll get drunk and get laid," I say, shrugging.

Her eyes widen, and I laugh. "I'm kidding, obviously!"

"Drop by and talk to him. We technically celebrated this whole week, so I don't mind. But I appreciate you caring about my feelings." I say honestly.

"Of course, Prim. You're my sister. It's destiny that we met." She explains.

"My mom always said we control our destiny. I guess you spilling apple juice on me was fate." I tease.

She pouts and says, "I've already said I was sorry! I was a very clumsy 9-year-old!"

I laugh, and she rolls her eyes. I grab two containers and grab Alex's share of cupcakes. "Since you're going to Matt's, mind dropping me off at Alex's? You can pick me up after you make up or make out." I say.

"Sure." She says, grabbing Matt's share.

Dick Appointment 🥵:
Are you home?

Miss me already?

No, shut up

I am. Why?

Text me your address
I have cupcakes to drop off

For me?

No, for your cat

Haha
You know I don't like cats

I know ;)

We head out to Lilac's car, and she drives towards Alex's house. "What the hell? Does he live in a fucking mansion?" I murmur.

"He has a gate up his driveway," Lilac says, awestruck.

The gate magically opens, and Lilac and I glance at each other. She parks in front of the garage, and I step out. "I'll text you when we're done." She says.

I nod and see she's nervous, "Don't worry too much. Everything will work out in the end. And if not, we'll just eat our feelings away."

She laughs and then starts to drive away. I walk towards the door and softly knock. Alex opens the door a few seconds later, and I hand him the box.

"Here," I say, all of a sudden feeling shy. Why are you like this with him now?

Alex smiles and says, "Thank you. How bad is the poison?"

"Instant death," I say seriously.

He laughs and grabs my hand. "Come in. I'll taste test your product." He says, bringing me to his kitchen.

"My parents are out on business stuff. Always busy." He says, hiding a frown.

I kiss his cheek, then hug his side while he opens the box. He wraps an arm around me and presses a quick kiss on my forehead. Aww, you made his frown slightly go away!

He bites into the cupcake and pretends to choke. I roll my eyes at his reaction, and he says, "This is amazing. Definitely beats the donut holes we had."

"Why, thank you. Lilac and I made them from scratch. It turns out they had an argument, so Lilac is dropping by to talk." I say.

He smirks and asks, "So I get to keep you for at least an hour?"

I bite back a smile and say, "Um... Supposedly, unless you're busy."

"Never for you." He says, picking me up. I yelp in surprise, and he sets me down on the counter. He stands in between my legs, and I rest my hands on his chest.

"Did you have something in mind?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

He cups my cheek and rubs his thumb on my lip. "Maybe." He says, leaning closer.

I close the gap and run my hands under his shirt. Are those abs? Jackpot! Just kidding, we don't judge people by appearance. But it's definitely a bonus...

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Thank you for reading!

Only a few more chapters to go! 😄

Please vote and comment if you liked it! 🌟

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 38.1K 39
"How can we use non consummation of marriage as a reason for our divorce with your looks?" he asked. It took her awhile to respond. "I don't know. Ma...
168 6 18
When She finally accepted reality, fate decided to play with her destiny. One call changed her life in a snap. She never wanted to go back because of...
64 2 14
Two childhood friends got separated due to an accident. 15 years later, their path crossed again but one does not recognized the other. Will their fo...
30.8K 6.3K 53
Darkness isn't just when you can't find the torch. It isn't only when there's no electricity and the moon's nowhere to be found. Darkness is a feeli...