Frosted But Not Frozen ( Star...

By JokeWasOnMe

Jailee Kirk was a born a single child to a father's family and grew up as a wild child. She is untamed and a... More

Info
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 10
Untitled Part 11
Part 12
Tis The End
New Story

Part 13

1.2K 32 5
By JokeWasOnMe

--Later--

Once we landed back on Earth we were all cast as heroes. The saviors as you may put it. I was surprisingly hardly interested in such publicity. I was happy I helped to save so many lives, but I was not the only one who made such a feat possible.

I ensured that Pike was taken to the highest medical expertise. He had been tortured while aboard the Narada rather ruthlessly and suffered some internal damage and a mild concussion. It was possible he may suffer from PTSD in the future. However, his spirit was willing and as bright as it was the first day I had met him. He would make a sure recovery quickly.

As for the rest of the crew. Scotty had been designated as the head mechanical engineer of the Enterprise. He was as ever enthusiastic about it and had gone to celebrate with a bottle of whisky. Chekov, I believe had left to spend time with his family in Russia. At least until the Enterprise was rebuilt completely. The ship had gone through quite a bit of damage during the attack from the Narada. Bones, who was grumpy and irritable as ever, had taken a short time job of being a medical professor in the San Diego StarFleet academy. He was already complaining of the long hours and complacent cadets that he claimed reminded him quite a bit of myself. Uhura and Sulu would both be taking well deserved vacations to different locations.

I personally was unusually jubilant, as I had been unofficially made captain of the Enterprise. The ceremony of my becoming captain and taking Pikes place would take place in a few days. My dream job was soon to be fulfilled and now I simply had to continue it. ( and I did it fairly this time) I strolled down the halls of the med bay that were bustling with visitors and nurses. I had just finished talking with Pike who as I said before had been recovering well. Currently, I was looking for a certain Vulcan who I felt the need to talk to. I had a proposition for him to come back to the Enterprise. I hoped he would consider being my first officer or at least science officer.

I had been tipped off he was in the med hanger that I walked to with grace. Once I entered I quickly scanned that vast space for the pointy eared man. After a few minutes I came across not one but two familiar Vulcans. One of them was Spock in his customary blue StarFleet shirt. The seconds was also Spock, however to be more specific it was Spock Prime. My eyes widened in a stunned shock. How were they talking to each other? Spock Prime specifically said that if current Spock knew of his existence that it could create time anomalies and whatever!

I hurriedly walked over to them " Spock Prime?" I asked as I approached them and immediately two identical sets of consequential eyes fixed themselves on me. " Ah Ms.Kirk, it is good to see you once again" Spock Prime greeted and Spock looked a little surprised. But the emotion left as quickly as it came. " Likewise, I must concede I am surprised to see you" I said but kept my tone happy as nothing could dampen my mood at the moment.

"If my calculations are correct, the two of you met on Delta Vega?" Spock asked as he turned his gaze to Spock Prime who nodded. " Yes, as you have come to know, I am from the future" Spock Prime answered.

"But Spock Prime you said Spock couldn't be be told of your existence, that it would mess up the time thingy spectrum. Why are you....?" I asked gesturing to the pair of them. Spock Prime's eyes shined a little as I realized he had said those things on purpose. " Yes I agree, why did you send Jailee aboard when you alone could've explained the truth?" Spock inquired as we both looked expectantly at Spock Prime.

Spock Prime paused a moment " Because you needed each other. Opposing yet complimentary opposites. It was that balance between us -- I should say you and Jailee -- that often made the impossible, possible" Spock Prime began and I rose a brow as a flicker of puzzlement went over us. " It was a test?" Spock asked tilting his head just the tiniest bit to the left.

" I'm in no position to pass judgment... my actions have robbed you of much. I could not also deprive you the revelation of all you can accomplish together... of a relationship between you two that will define you both in ways you cannot yet imagine" Spock Prime continued as Spock and I both looked at each other. As if considering the idea that we could actually enduring a friendship or a relationship between us. His eyes for once weren't cold but shown with a fleeting glimpse of warmth. I swallowed as I turned my gaze back to Spock Prime " So you lied about the time Paradox in then Spectrum deal?" I asked. It was known fact that supposedly Vulcan couldn't lie.

Spock Prime took a beat " No... I implied" Spock Prime corrected and I scoffed softly. " A gamble?" Spock asked curiously looking directly at his older self. Spock Prime shook his head " An act of faith. One I hope you'll both repeat in the future" Spock Prime said. Act of faith? Wasn't everything I did pretty much a leap of faith? I could surmise that statement was meant more for Spock.

" The future's not what it used to be, in the face of extinction, it's only logical I resign my Starfleet commission and help rebuild our race" Spock told us and I looked at him with my brows furrowed. Resign entirely? I can't believe it had never dawned on me that he would want to help his planet. A noble cause as always. Spock Prime seemed to pick up on my discomfort with his proposition " And yet, you are in a unique position... you can be in two places at once" Spock Prime pointed out. " I urge you to remain in Starfleet: I've already located a suitable planet on which to establish a Vulcan colony, and assist in the foundation of a new science academy" Spock Prime explained.

" My future cannot be determined by your past. We are one, but not the same" Spock argued and I inwardly groaned as I remembered just how stubborn he could be. At least we had that in common. " Then I ask that you do yourself a favor. Put away logic. Do what feels right. The world you've inherited lives in the shadow of incalculable devastation... but there's no reason you must face it alone. Your crew and your Captain Will need you in the future" Spock Prime told him. I smiled encouragingly at him as he seemed to come to terms with Spock Prime's logic.

After a beat of silence Spock Prime looked at us warmly " As my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I will simply say... good luck" Spock Prime finished as he held Spock's gaze. Then turned and walked away to a nearby shuttle that I surmised was his source of transportation.

I looked up to Spock as he also turned to me with his dark brown eyes. " So... do you want to stay in StarFleet?" I asked curiously and scratched the back of my neck a little. " It seems to be Logical and also Spock Prime's wishes that I do so" Spock replied and I snorted. Of course it was logical.

" Yes it would be, but that wasn't my question. I asked what you wanted. Not what's logical" I told him with a small grin as I felt a new debate coming on. I found them Demanding but Oddly enjoyable. " Self interests should not guide my actions" Spock stated and I could almost hear the humor in his voice.

I huffed a little " Oh my goodness, as your Captain I order you to answer the question" I commanded but held a playful smile on my face. We began walking away from the cargo med bay with equal strides. Spock finally submitted " It you must know, I have enjoyed Being a StarFleet member over the years and I suspect I will continue to do so" Spock told me and I nodded.

I nodded "See that wasn't so hard and I am happy you will continue with the StarFleet" I told him as we entered a long hallway that showed a beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge. It was quiet for a moment as we savored the brilliance of the architecture. "As you have yet to select a first officer, respectfully, I would like to submit my candidacy. Should you desire, I can provide wisdom and logical reference" Spock insisted and I nearly laughed.

" Yes that does sound desirable but you still haven't apologized" I stated yet you could hear the joking tone in my voice. Spock rose a brow " Apologize?" He asked innocently and I crossed my arms over my chest in a light hearted manner.

" Are we forgetting you deported me off a ship onto a frozen planet. I was almost eaten alive there. Twice!" I told him playfully even though it was quite a true statement. I could see the corner of Spock's mouth twitch up just a little " Yes, however perhaps it had been in your best interest seeing as you could have never have met Spock Prime if I hadn't" Spock replied with a shrug and I glared at him with mischievous light eyes.

" That's still doesn't make it ok!" I insisted as we exited out the med bay and out into the evening. A slow breeze tickled my cheeks and autumn sunset dipped down. We stopped underneath a large oak " Well, I do sincerely apologize. My actions were not sound nor logical" Spock conceded and I just grinned. Finally! I had won.

But I shrugged absently just to make him sweat it. " Ok, consider your apology accepted" I replied and Spock rose a brow. I chuckled a little " And also consider the spot of first officer as yours" I added and Spock dipped his head in respect of my decision. I had kind of been planning it anyway.

" Thankyou Captain Kirk" Spock said and I snorted at his formality.

" Jailee Spock, we aren't on the Enterprise" I said.

" Well... thank you Jailee" Spock reiterated as my name rolled of with ease on his tongue.

" Don't mention it" I replied with a continued grin as the sun now dipped entirely out of view. Leaving us with pink clouds and stars dotting the western sky. " It's beautiful isn't it?" I asked as I looked up at the sky. A place that couldn't quite be defined with just words.

" The sunset? Yes" Spock agreed with his monotone coming back into play. I shook my head " No... beyond that. Out there. Space....The final frontier" I claimed gesturing outwards in the general direction of the outer worlds. The one place we were still yet to discover and explore. We had skimmed its surface but had yet to place a shovel into its ground. We both looked outwards at the vast possibilities that were hidden yet waiting to be found. Some right in front of us and a others a bit more secluded. Yet all attainable if we put our minds to it.

" Indeed.... it is"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 1K 22
Sala is the only daughter of Sorren, a son of Vulcan, and Jeanette Bentley, a daughter of Earth. This makes her a daughter of two worlds, each hailin...
16.6K 368 18
Cheyenne was born the same day as Jim T. Kirk, ever since then, she was raised by Kirk's mom because her parents both died that day. Her life starts...
17.5K 454 7
Asil, a Dvinsu who left Vulcan when she was young and met James Kirk, joins starfleet and ends up aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise, Where she meets Spock...
42.2K 1.4K 45
Star Fleet; the one thing Edith Conway has been working her way towards for as long as she can remember. After years of endless days and sleepless ni...