Waving Through Separate Windo...

By lemonpolish

TreeBros fanfiction. Evan goes with Jared to an end of school party and his life is changed forever. This tak... More

1 - First Day Back
2 - Day Two of Torture
3 - Meetings
4 - Party Time
5 - Sleepover
7 - Bathroom Part 1
8 - Bathroom Part 2
9 - Recovery
10 - True Friends
11 - Summer
13- Update lol

6 - Aftermath

99 5 2
By lemonpolish

(Suicidal mentioning in like the very end so trigger warning)

Zoe Murphy.
Kiss.
What?!?
Evan's mind was having a seizure. His old/new/old/new crush just kissed him. What the heck is happening?! But then, it became real. Why did Alana make her do that? Did she tell Zoe? Of course she did, dangit. Evan continued to stare at Zoe in shock.

"Zoe what the hell?!?" A familiar voice. Connor's voice. He had seen them kiss.
"Connor, go to class. It was an experiment apparently." Zoe responded, looking over at Alana. Connor glared at her, trying to hide the fact that he loved Evan.

"You-You can't just go up to people in the school hallway and kiss them!" He yelled, Zoe walking over to Alana and ignoring him.

"Murphy! Office! Now!" An adult shouted after a bit more of Connor yelling. Both Murphy kids looked over, the principal glaring at Connor. Zoe grinned and walked off to class, Connor watching her walk off.

"Murphy I am not going to say it
twice." Most of the hallway had cleared when the bell rang, Connor and Evan the only students in the hall besides the few stragglers rushing into the rooms.

Connor walked towards the principal, giving Evan a look of defeat and sorrow. What look was that? Connor didn't care for Evan. He was probably drunk and stoned both times he made out with him. Besides, Connor abandoned him that morning. Evan's mind was racing with ideas as he watched Connor walk to the principal. He walked into class, not focusing much.

Later, it was third period, which was his one class with Zoe, and one of his two classes with Alana. It was science, so the tables in the lab were groups and spread throughout the room. Evan usually sat in the back table by himself with the one person who came late and wasn't able to grab another seat. But this time was different.

Zoe and Alana had walked over and sat down with him. Evan looked up at them, blushing a little at the sight of Zoe.

"So I bet you're wondering why everything happened this morning." Alana speaking snapped him back to reality.

"Oh uhh. Y-yeah." He looked at her, wanting to know why everything happened.

"Great! So basically I told Zoe that you and Connor liked eachother, sorry, and she didn't believe me. So we set up a plan where she would kiss you and if Connor defended you, it would mean he loved you. So yeah." Evan looked at Alana as she explained, feeling betrayed.

"B-But he left my house without me this morning. H-he doesn't care for me." Evan looked down after he said that. Suddenly, Zoe realized what he meant.

"What? He didn't abandon you. He didn't tell my mom where he was and she got super worried. She made him get in the car and drove us to school. It was kind of funny. My mom was really mad and yelled at him the entire way to school." Zoe explained, laughing a little. Evan stared at her in shock.
"Oh..." That was all he could say. He was in a state of shock and stared at his notebook. They didn't do much in science. They just took notes. Evan was anxiously waiting for lunch so he could talk to Connor.

Finally the bell rang. Zoe and Alana walked out. Evan noticed that the two were getting along together. Maybe Alana considered her a friend instead of acquaintance. Evan walked to his locker while he thought, quickly grabbing his lunch and shutting his locker.

He saw Connor's back since he was also at his locker, running up. He hugged him from behind, Connor whipping around, ready to attack someone. He saw Evan, relieved.
"Hey, man." He looked at the smaller boy, turning diagonally and continuing searching through his locker which was somewhat a mess. Evan looked at Connor.

"Oh sorry about Zoe this morning. She can be a pain in the ass sometimes." Connor apologized, Evan grinning because he knew the truth. Connor saw his grin, shrugging it off. Suddenly the bell rang, Evan panicking. Connor started laughing after seeing Evan.

"Evan they don't call you late to lunch. Follow me. I have a special place to sit that's empty." Connor shut his locker and began walking. Evan paused.
"Oh. Umm. I have to go ask Jared something. I'll umm meet you there?" Evan looked at Connor awkwardly. Connor's smile faded a bit.

"Yeah, sure." Connor and Evan walked their separate ways, Connor towards the football field and Evan towards the cafeteria.

Evan sat next to Jared, who was talking to Alana.

"Holy shit Evan! You kissed Zoe! People all throughout the school are talking about it!" He punched Evan in the shoulder, grinning. Evan rubbed his shoulder.

"O-ow. Also, she umm. Kissed me. Have Alana explain." He got up, pausing for a moment. He went across the table, whispering something to Alana.

"Do you umm. Know where Connor sits?" Evan whispered. Alana nodded, whispering back.

"Over on the football field under the bleachers. There's no practice since they all have classes and all that." Alana's whisper was more like her talking into his ear directly. Jared watched them, confused.

Evan got up and walked away towards the football field.

Connor walked to the football field, walking under the large bleachers and grabbing one of the lawn chairs that were folded in a corner. Most of the kids came down there to smoke weed, but Connor was the only one there during lunch most of the time. Most people used it during football games and after school.

Connor sat alone for a while, before giving up on the fact that Evan would come back.

"What were you expecting? He doesn't love you back." He said to himself, looking at his wrists. He pulled his sleeve up, seeing that most of the cuts had scarred over. His arm was covered with scars, and he ran a finger along them. He sighed, suddenly hearing footsteps. He pulled his sleeve back up just as Evan rounded the corner.

Evan looked around under the bleachers, seeing Connor. He waved, Connor getting up and grabbing him a chair. He swiped the ashes off the chair with his hand before setting it down for Evan.

"Sorry. This is where most kids smoke so people never usually clean up after they're done." Connor looked at Evan, who sat down in the chair.

"I-I can tell." He was breathing in the scent of weed that hovered like a cloud in the area.

  "H-hey why did you umm pull your sleeve up?" Evan nervously asked, Connor freezing.

  "Oh it was nothing. Someone uh. Drew something on my arm earlier with Sharpie and I wanted to see if it was still there." Connor lied, looking up at Evan.

  "C-could I see?" Evan looked at Connor, regretting asking it.

  "No." Connor answered almost immediately. He got off the topic by eating a part of his lunch. Evan decided not to talk about it anymore, the two sitting in silence. The bell rang and Connor began packing up his chair. Evan did the same.

  "Hey do you want to meet at my house after school on Thursday? My sister has band practice, my dad will be on a work trip, and my mom is meeting a friend." Connor offered. Evan nodded, realizing it was the last Tuesday of the year.

  "S-sure." He realized he was going to be late. "I have to get to cl-class. I'm pretty sure that I'm free then so it w-works." Evan waved goodbye and ran off, smiling.

  The boys continued their day like normal, leaving school separately and going to their separate homes.

   Sorry for the lame ending I needed to publish something and I didn't know how to quite end this. So yeah. Hope you liked this chapter! I'm close to 100 reads and that actually surprises me. So thank you!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 5.3K 55
Just a bunch of Dear Evan Hansen one-shots because I can't commit to a real book. feel free to prompt me. Ideas are appreciated. WARNING as A LOT of...
6.5K 445 32
Evan Hansen is an introverted teenager with severe social anxiety. His mother, in attempt to get Evan out of his shell and into the world, pushes him...
80K 1.2K 39
Connor x Evan/Treebros oneshots. Most oneshots include smut, You have been warned. Highest ranking: #2 in #deh This book is finished! :D
227K 8.6K 35
【Completed】 This is a fanfiction of Evan and Connor from Dear Evan Hansen. Treebros, correct? Connor Murphy starts to hang out with Evan Hansen. He w...