Jaise Banjaare ko Ghar!

By TheWhistlingThrush

• WINNER of DevAkshi Awards 2017• Highest Rank - #145 in FanFiction Pyaasa Shaitan presents "Jaise Banjaare K... More

Main list of characters
1.Welcome to my world!
2. I lost my heart in marine drive
(Imp) Author's Note
3. Auditions!
4. First phone call
5. I've had a breakup
7. Qualifier 1
8. Is that a mosquito?
9. Friend (zoned?)
Regarding stories being copied
10. Ke aai ab aunty ki baari😂
11. One Last Chance
For I Live You readers
Good Bye
A rusted album
12. Completing your song
Will be continuing
Note
New Cover
13.Infatuated and confused
14. Neck deep in water! #1
15. Neck deep in water #2
16. Mera dil bhi ...
17. Kaun Banega Sona-pati
CONGRATS SUPERFANDOM
18. A Silent Confession
19. No To Nachiket
Regarding few characters
20. Is it the end?
21. Fight back
22. Jealous of my gf?
23. Under the stars #1
24. Under the stars #2
Promo #1
25. The sibling saga
26. He needs help
27. Not my fault
28. #No_filter
29. Wild Card ?
30. Bahubalised
31. The violin
32. Success Party
33. Mega Battles
34. The Dargah Diaries
35. The Grand Finale
36. And the winner is
Epilogue
Announcements
Regarding Bonus Chapters
LIRTC SEASON 2 OUT NOW
Time to celebrate
Bonus #1 - Holi Hai!
Bonus #2 - Interview with the cast

6. First step

840 134 124
By TheWhistlingThrush

Baarish ho rahi thi cham cham
Chaata lekar nikle hum
Traffic me phas gaye nikal gaya dum!!
Muh latka kar laut aaye hum 😑
Class miss ho gayi
Damn the Delhi traffic
So here you have this update written in the car,listening to RJ Raunaq 'Bauwa's' bakbak!!! Morning no 1 pe Raunaq Raunaq 😁😍

Thanks for your votes & comments here I go with the update...

Happy Reading

Sona's POV

Sunday.

I got seated in my cab because it was time to leave for Asha Apartments & get started with this new journey. Baba was not at all ready to send me to Meenu Maasi's house. Frankly, he doesn't think highly of her. Meenu Maasi is single and she is a dance teacher in Lonavala.Baba appreciated all forms of art when I was a kid I don't know why he loathes it now. We took Maa & Dadi in confidence. Maa was cool about it but Dadi, she was hell excited. On the top of it she kept pestering me to bring my 'hot coach' home someday. Now I get from where Elena has inherited her genes.

Anyways, I'll be reaching my destination in Madh Island in 5 minutes & I am so excited about it.

This is going to be a fresh start. Not that I expect to become a superstar but I want to find myself again. I am all messed up here inside my head. I want to set myself free from all the bondage that is holding me.

The cab haulted & I looked at the white, two storey building in front of me: asha apartment ... Asha means hope ... I already feel hopeful & optimistic inside. The place has a different warmth to it & I feel at home already.

After collecting my bags from the cab, I pushed open the main door of the apartment & after crossing the well maintained lawn, I entered the building. The sun was shining brightly outside, I glanced at it quickly trying to absorb it's energy in me & after letting out a long breath I entered inside the building.

I found myself in a big hall with wooden flooring & huge white walls. The hall was minimally furnished with a sofa set & few couches clustered near the TV. Right in front of me was a swimming pool. There were 4 galleries running out of the hall opening into our practice arenas. Each gallery had a music instrument carved near it's entrance along with the name of the coach.

Mohit Sir had drums.
Mouni Ma'am had an electric guitar made for herself.
Jennifer Ma'am had a piano &,
Dev Sir had 2 violins carved with musical notes flowing out of it.

I peeped into the gallery that led to Jennifer ma'am's team's practice area & I saw a massive piano lying there ready to be played. I don't know how to play a piano but I felt an urge to try it. Since I couldn't see anyone around I tip-toed near the piano & tried playing it but the sound that came out was nothing close to music atleast.

I felt a hand on my shoulder

Pakdi gayi!

I squeezed my eyes shut & turned around to face Jennifer Winget standing in front of me. No make up.No fuss. She looked as normal as you & me.

"Sonakshi?" She asked

I nodded. Great, she knows my name.

"Let me remind you dear that you had chosen Dev over me & this is not your practice area." She said

"I'm so sorry ma'am ... I didn't mean to trespass ... It's just that I got fascinated by this instrument"

"Haahaha... Don't freak out Sona... I can call you Sona right?"

I nodded. She is so friendly.

"Grand. If you want, on my free days I can co-ordinate with you & teach you how to play the piano"

"Thank you so much ma'am"

"Thank you se kaam nahi chalega Sona"

My face fell. What will she ask for?

"You'll have to call me Jenny atleast when we are not shooting. Deal?"

"Done Deal" I gave her one of my brightest smiles

"So friends?" She forwarded her hand for a handshake. A celebrity asking me to be her friend that is ... that is ... rare.

"Friends" I shook her hand happily.

"Where is your room?" She asked

"201 ... Second floor"

"Oh great! Your room mate has just arrived.... Tanvi ... That's her name ... She is the youngest here but she is someone to watch out for ... Happy Journey" She escorted me to the stairs & I thanked her for being so nice & welcoming me with warmth.

I climbed the stairs & crashed into someone. I guess I've seen this man somewhere.

"Oh! I'm so sorry" The stranger said

"Not a big deal." I replied

"Wan't help with those bags?" He asked & I was actually in a desperate need of help because it was difficult for me to carry that suitcase & airbag of mine.

"Ummm... Yes" I said

"At your service then" He picked up my air bag while I dragged my suitcase. We reached my room.

"Tanvi ... Aa gayi teri roommate" He shouted as I knocked the door.

"Aa rahi hu" Came the voice from the other side. In a few seconds the door of my room opened & I saw a really cute & pretty girl. She was supposed to be my roommate. "Hi! I'm Tanvi & I guess Jattu Bhaiya has helped you in finding the room."

"Yes he did... Hi Tanvi"

'Jattu Bhaiya' entered our room & positioned the bag properly. He took my suitcase & also kept it near Tanvi's luggage.

"Thanks ... Jattu Bhaiya" I said

"😂 ... Don't call me that humari Tanvi abhi choti hai so she calls me Jattu Bhaiya ... You can call me Jatin"

"Hi Jatin! I'm Sonakshi Bose"

"Bose? Tumi ki Bengali?"

"Haa"

"Oh! Amio! Even I am one"

"Jattu Bhaiya & Sonakshi di" Tanvi said "I know you Bengalis love your language & you like speaking to each other in this language only but please don't start blabbering in Bangla here."

"Ohhkay madam ... Now I'll take your leave... Make yourselves comfortable... I'm in the room diagonally opposite to yours ... If you require any help feel free to disturb me. Theek acche?"

"Theek acche" I said

Jatin left the room.

"He is a nice guy completely opposite of the controversy" Tanvi said as he shut the door behind him.

"Controversy?" I asked

"Yes ... He is Jatin Roy, Mouni Roy's step brother ... The media reports say that Mouni has done a favour on her snobbish,good for nothing brother to get him admitted in the show. I found him really grounded though ... besides I've seen these siblings together ... they aren't really fond of each other"

"He is not snobbish & he can be a good bell boy atleast" I joked not wanting to a dwell into controversies then. This was something I feared. If any controversy, fake news, taint in my family's reputation happens here I'll never forgive myself for jumping into this competition.

Tanvi is such a sweety, infact she a Simplesweety & she is in Dev's team so I bonded well with her. She is just like Elena carefree & free sprited. In fact, she is into writing & posts her stories on Wattpad just like Elena does. Finding her is like finding my own little sister amongst these strangers.

My life seems to be perfect just perfect
_____________________________________

A week later

Dev's POV

"My life is pathetic just pathetic." Sona said burying her head in her palms.

"You can do it Sonakshi ... Just work a bit more on the higher notes" I said. It's been a week I've tried to make Sona learn the song still she is not able to justify it. The lyrics & feel are fine but she is just not able to cope with the higher notes.

"I'm trying Dev Sir but you know I'm not professionally trained &..."

This was the umpteenth time I was listening to her excuses.

"I'm done with your excuses Sonakshi ... Bol do na that you don't have that fire that killer instinct in you. You are a miserable singer admit it" I didn't realise how my pitch had raised so much.

"What do you mean by I'm a miserable singer? Why did you guys select me then? You know what? We checked my scale & then also you gave me a song which is a scale more than what my throat can tolerate. Moreover you are making me sing Lataji's song. Singing her numbers is not easy you know that. I'm trying ... Can't you see? Why do you have to be so harsh on me?" Her angst turned into tears which she was forcefully holding back.

Why am I so harsh on her?

I don't know. After that night, when I got to know about her relationship, I felt insecure... what will happen if that guy comes back in her life? No ... No... No ... She is mine ... I can feel that connect with her & I don't care about her past... She is my present & we'll be together in the future no matter what.

I was a teen when mum-dad died. Neha, my sister hates me. I don't blame her for it. I have only Bunty & Sonakshi... I won't let her go back to that man at any cost.

"Bologe kuch?" Sona asked.

"Dekho... After that confession of yours on marine drive I'm a bit ..." I started but was soon interrupted by her.

"Oh ... It is about that confession ... Here I was thinking that you are a gem of a person who isn't bothered about my past but no I was wrong. You are behaving rudely with me because I had a boyfriend? What do I look like to you? A used thrash? A whore? I'm a slut?Bolo what do you think of me?"

"Shut up Sonakshi! I can't even think of you in that way."

This is going all wrong.
Dev, you are hurting her. It's her past please get out of it.

She sat on a chair near by & held her head in her hands.

"It was a depressing time for me Dev. I want to get over that phase. It's not that I love Nachiket now...maybe. That break up broke me into pieces which I'm still collecting. I'm trying to build myself again. I have lost confidence, I have lost interest in life. Please if you can't help me ... Don't make it worse. I beg of you." She looked so vulnerable. I wanted to hug her then & there. I wanted to tell her that I'm there for her no matter what. I have no clue where have these feelings tip toed in my heart but I know she is the one & I will go to all those extra miles for helping her.

"I'm sorry Sonakshi ... It's not that incident ... It actually reminded me of something piled up inside me & I thrashed it out on you! I'm so sorry" I realised I'm an expert at speaking white lies.

"Hmm" She replied "Anyways my time for practice is up. See you in the qualifiers tomorrow"

No. Sonakshi stop. I need to clarify things with you. Please don't go.

I wished to stop her but my stupid tongue said

"Ok then. See you tomorrow. All the best! Do your best. I know you'll qualify."

She curved her lips up forcefully. She was hurt... How do I bring her out of this 'Nachiket phase'

Precap- The return of Nachiket. Dev's & Mouni's team perform for the qualifiers. Will Sona & Tanvi make it to the next round? & Bijoy ...

If the traffic doesn't clear I'll post another update now & if it does I'll post on Sunday :)

I hope it does because I'm bored sitting in the car.

Lastly,
Do you guys want spoilers through my insta id?
I won't be this regular so I thought to keep in touch that would be a good idea.

Let me know
Till then bye bye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 1.5K 15
Dev and Sonakshi's joy knew no bounds when they became parents. They did anything to keep their kids happy and content. Little did they knew their da...
1.1M 70.9K 95
"Eyes on me little one..." he hissed as he scanned her terror-stricken face. "Please don't do this to me.... I beg you!" she screamed as his fingers...
1M 80.2K 100
Ranked #65 (09/02/2018) "Dev...please don't.." she struggled "What about....No!" he smirked, inching closer to her. Her Innocence attracted him. Her...
16.3K 1.8K 19
Highest Rank - #45 in short story Sonakshi Bose, a simple,just and content girl Dev Dixit a spoilt brat Both completely unknown to each other; Both...