Being Sick Sucks

By CrimalMinds270

Kanan and his padawan get terribly sick. I do not own Star Wars Rebels or any of its characters. I only own m... More

A/N
The Dream
I Hate Being Sick
I Hate being sick Part 3
I Hate Being Sick Part 4
Any good?????
A/N

I Hate Being Sick Continued

117 1 2
By CrimalMinds270

She didn't answer. Instead, she did the same thing with my other cheek bone, looked at her thumb, looked at me quickly, and looked back at her thumb, then asked. "Are you wearing foundation?"

Zeb and Kanan shared a confused look and Hera had a look of question and concern but it also had traces of amusement, and I was just confused.

"What? No." I said defensively.

Zeb busted up laughing at my poor lie, spraying a mouthful of food across the table, Kanan used the Force to stop the food from spraying on Hera, Hera ducked anyway, Sabine laughed hysterically, and I gave a weak laugh.

After that calmed down and Zeb had apologized through his laughing fit.

"Yeah you are, and you have it all over your face," Sabine said as she continued to rub it off.

I pushed her hands away. "Stop it," I complained.

"Let me see," Hera said standing up and did the same thing that Sabine was doing a second ago. I batted her hands away. "Come on stop it," I complained more and sent a look to Kanan that said Blast you for not helping me!

"Jazzmin stay still!" Hera said sternly.

It's ok, just let her do it. She's just worried. Kanan said through the Force.

I gave an annoyed groan but let Hera do her thing.

About ten minutes later. When her hands got within an inch of my forehead I heard her give a small gasp and, being Force sensitive and all, felt her heart rate increase a little bit. She pressed her palms to my cheeks and forehead. "Jazzmin you're burning up!"

I retreated from her touch as soon as she said that. "No, I'm not. I feel fine, your hands are just cold," I said immediately protesting.

Kanan cocked his eyebrow suspiciously.

Hera ignored me. "Kanan, take her temp. I'm going to get some cooling pads, Sabine go get the medicine, and Zeb clean up the kitchen will ya." Crap. She's gone in into Momma Hera mode.

Instead of a pleading look, I gave Kanan a death glare with a threat over the bond If you touch me I will not talk to you for a year!

Kanan stood up and walked over to me as the others left the room (Zeb left grumpily, having to clean up and all). He didn't touch me he just stood there trying to break down my mental wall to feel my feelings.

I sighed. "Kanan, you taught me how to defend against mental attack, you're not getting through my-" I stopped as a sensation goes down my spine. My knees buckled. Before I hit the ground Kanan caught me.

"Jazzmin what's wrong?" He asked slightly panicked as he maneuvered me over the sit down on the booth.

"I don't know," I said laying my head down on the table. "I thought I was fine. I've been through fevers before but this doesn't feel like a normal fever."

The tingling sensation came again, this time going through all my muscles making my right leg fall asleep. "Urrg. Why's it have to be the right leg, why is it always the right leg?" I complained. It is very uncomfortable to be sitting with a leg that is asleep.

"Jazzmin open your end of the bond, lower your walls," Kanan instructed as Hera came back in. "Let me feel what you're feeling so I can help," Kanan continued. Hera was about to say something but Kanan silently stopped her.

I buried my head in my arms as my left leg fell asleep as well.

"Jazzmin," Kanan said in a warning tone. Please, he added through the Force.

I shook my head. "No Kanan. I'm fine. I don't need any help," I insisted.

So you know how I said not to tell them that we're sick? Well, we epically failed at that. So now I'm gonna tell you something different. We have no idea what is happening. This morning it was excessive puking with a high fever and now we can't feel our legs. Open up to Kanan so he can help.

This morning you forbid me from asking them for any help and now you want me to?

This may come as a shock to you but we have been known to be wrong in the past.

"Jazzmin!" Kanan shook me lightly.

I came back to reality. "What?!" I asked confused.

"Open. Your. Side. Of the. Bond. Now."

I did and as soon as I did Kanan's eyes widened and Hera grabbed him as his knees started to collapse from under him. "Karabast!" he cursed.

"Kanan! What's going on?!" Hera demanded.

Wow. Didn't know she could be so demanding.

Please go away.

See ya! Talk to you when we don't feel like we're dying from sleeping limbs.

Kanan let out a deep breath as he sat down next to me.

"I can't be sure but... I think, somehow, Jazzmin caught a type of Force sickness."

"Which means....?" Hera said making a gesture for him to elaborate.

"Long before the Clone Wars, there was a man called Bear. He hated the Jedi and wanted to wipe them from existence. So he created a virus that only affects force users. He called it Anthrax. Basically, what it does is break off our connection to the flowing Force. The Force is what gives us our abilities. The flowing Force is like blood. We need it to live. And it is extremely contagious.

"So if Jazzmin has this. Then, that means you can get it too?" Sabine asked as she walked in and set a medicine bottle in front of me.

"Yeah...I think I already have it," Kanan said gravely.

"Mmmragg," I grumbled as my lower back and stomach went numb.

I felt Kanan's hand rub my back gently. That feels good...

"So how do we get rid of this Anthrax?" Zeb asked walking in from the kitchen.

"After the Anthrax spread galaxy wide the M.S.J., that was the Medical Staff of the Jedi, they umm they..." Kanan started to stumble on his words.

I looked over at him and saw the same dark rings, that were under my eyes, beginning to form under his eyes.

I nudged his arm.

"Sorry, umm what was I saying?" Kanan said looking extremely confused.

Hera sighed. "Nothing Dear. Zeb help me get them to the med-bay. Sabine go clean the kitchen please." She watched as Zeb helped Kanan to his feet. Kanan had to lean on him to keep his balance.

"But I already cleaned the kitchen," Zeb whined keeping Kanan upright.

"Your clean and my clean are extremely different, big guy," Sabine said patting his shoulder and heading towards the kitchen.

Hera's POV

I kneeled down to the sick girl's level and soothingly rubbed her back. "Come on Jazzmin, we need to get you to the med-bay," I said my voice as smooth as silk.

"I can't stand. It hurts when I move my legs," she replied tiredly.

I looked at her worriedly. Then, I moved my hand down to her knee and very gently pinched it. "Can you feel this?"

It was silent for a moment before she spoke not answering my question. "I want Kanan," she almost whimpered.

"He's in the med-bay right now. Do you think you could walk to the med-bay?" I asked her. By now she had her face buried in her arms. She shook her head no.

"Kanan's there. If you want to see him then all you have to do is walk there." I pushed.

Jazzmin grumbled incoherent words as she stood and half walked while I half dragged her towards her master.

About half way there we caught up with Zeb and Kanan.

Zeb turned to me. "He keeps saying not to go to the med-bay," Zeb said referring to Kanan, who was leaning on the wall for support.

"We can't contaminate the medical equipment. Anthrax is deadly to Jedi but it can also make people who are not Force sensitive sick as well," Kanan said obviously feeling a little more clear minded.

"Okay. Well, I guess it's a good thing you two share a room," I said sighing.

"Woah!" Zeb exclaimed as he caught Jazzmin, who fell out of my grasp.

"Give her to me," Kanan instructed but I stopped Zeb before he could complete that order. "Oh no. I don't think so Kanan, you can barely stand as it is. Zeb take her to their room. I'll get Kanan."

The suddenly protective Jedi master glared at me as I helped him walk all the way to his room.

"Don't you give me that look Kanan Jarrus." I playfully warned as we entered the room.

Kanan looked up as the door swooshed open to show Zeb trying to hoist Jazzmin onto her bunk with little success. (A/N She sleeps on the top bunk.)

"Zeb stop. I'll just sleep on the floor," Jazzmin said trying to get out of his grasp.

"Stop squirmin' kid," Zeb replied trying again to push the teen up onto the bunk.

"Just put me down!" Jazzmin accidentally sent out a Force push at Zeb. Which caused him to fly towards Kanan and me, and Jazzmin to topple to the ground. Kanan able use the Force to stop Zeb from crashing into us but didn't have enough time to catch her.

3rd Person POV (Because I want to try a new POV)

Jazzmin let out a sharp gasp of surprise as she hit the ground.

Kanan bolted from Hera's grasp and kneeled down next to his Padawan.

"Did I do that?" Jazzmin asked.

"No dip stupid!" Zeb answered grumpily as he rubbed his head.

"Zeb out now!" Here commanded pushing the lassat out of the room. Then turned back to Jazzmin and Kanan.

"I'll just sleep on the floor," Jazzmin said reaching up and grabbed her blanket that was hanging over the side of her bunk. She wrapped herself in it and used her arm as a pillow.

"I don't think so," Hera and Kanan said in unison.

Hera, with sudden strength, picked up the stubborn teen and placed her on the bottom bunk.

The 17-year-old whined and complained without actually saying anything, but didn't fight when the warm blanket was wrapped around her shoulders.

"You to Kanan," Hera said pointing to the open spot next to Jazzmin.

Kanan, who was leaning against the ladder of the bunks, rose an eyebrow in question.

"Don't give me that look. It's not like you haven't slept in the same bed before."

"That might not have been the best word choice," Kanan pointed out as he slipped into bed next to his half awake Padawan.

Hera face palmed. "You know what I mean." She sat on the very edge of the bed and, looking down, locked eyes with Kanan. Then in a soft voice, she said: "Kanan I need you to tell me more about the Anthrax."

"I don't know much about it. Except what I alread told you. I know that the M.S.J. made a vaccination...but not much else," Kanan brought a hand up to cover his tired eyes and syncronized his breathing with Jazzmin's.

Here lightly shook him.

"Kanan I need you to think. Is there anything else?"

Silence.

"Kanan?" Here repeated his name and shook him again.

Nothing.

The teen beside him lifted her head up, looked at Kanan, then at Hera, then back at Kanan and slapped his upper arm while saying: "Kanan talk to your girlfriend." Then she let her head fall back down on the pillow and closed her eyes.

Right as Jazzmin slapped Kanan's arm, his eyes snapped open and glared at the not caring Padawan.

"Kanan," Hera said again snapping her fingers getting his attention once again.

"Hera, my Holocron has all of the information on Anthrax. I don't know much else about...um...about...the thing," Kanan replied getting confused again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 2.7K 26
Disclaimer: I do not own anything. Everything belongs to their respective owners. This is my what if story.
81.2K 2K 21
Ezra wants to leave the Ghost to explore Capital City again. Typical. Ezra goes to town by himself. No problem there. Ezra returns with an array of c...
75.3K 1.9K 65
The title says it all!! I do not own SWR!!!
18.5K 479 33
I only own my own characters. All Star Wars characters aren't mine. Please enjoy the story. Thank you 😆