Redemption [h.s]

By _miiki

Maybe she shouldn't have opened her door in the middle of the night. 24/06/19 #3 in fanfiction 24/06/19 #3 in... More

before you read
redemption
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
epilogue
thank you

twenty-eight

48.4K 1.7K 3.8K
By _miiki

"What are you and Liam doing for Halloween?"  I asked leaning against the bookshelf.

Niall stopped putting the books in their rightful place to think about it. "I don't know, actually. With all that's been coming up, I didn't even think about it."

"But you're planning to do something with him right? Like, together?"

"I suppose, I have to keep up appearances, haven't I?" He replied going back to stocking the shelves.

"Do you think we could do a night in? Like the old times?"

"Sure, you'll bring the alcohol."

I bit my lip. "Actually, I was hoping we could do it without alcohol."

"Why's that?" He asked, turning his head towards me.

"Well... I might have a boyfriend?"

"You might?" He said, confused.

"Okay. I have a boyfriend, and I want you to meet him. So that we can do something together" I explained.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "And why should we not have alcohol?"

"He doesn't drink. I don't want things to be awkward" I explained fast.

"Hang on, I just realised what you said. Did you really just say you have a boyfriend?" He asked, putting all the books he was holding in his hands on the floor.

I stared at him not saying a word, and he smirked.

"I never thought I would've seen that day! I always thought you would've been alone forever, and that I would've had to marry you to take you out of your misery and make sure you wouldn't have gotten an insane amount of cats and spent the rest of your lifetime with them. What's his name?" He asked excitedly.

"Harry" I murmured, looking everywhere but at him. "Besides, you're already married. And thanks for that, really nice of you."

His eyes widened. "Harry as in the boy of the sugar? Of some months ago?"

I nodded. "Yes, that's him. Talking about tomorrow, make sure your house looks decent. We'll be there by 8pm. It's your job to provide us with food. And don't bring alcohol around."

"Not even some beers?" He asked.

"Not even beers. I really don't want it to be uncomfortable, in any way" I explained. "Now I have somewhere to be."

"With Harry?" He replied smirking.

I put the small white bag that I had been holding since I had walked in on the shelf. "Here's a cupcake for you, now leave me be."

"Can't wait to officially meet him. He seemed okay" he said, taking the bag and hiding it under his jumper.

"I seem to remember you found him really pretty" I brought up with the sole purpose of embarrassing him.

"Can we never mention to your boyfriend that I think he's hot? Thank you and bye" he said dismissing the conversation once and for all.

"Don't worry, it will be our little secret. I'll leave you to your work now, make sure the librarian won't know I sneaked in a cupcake, I don't fancy being banned from this place yet."

I walked out in the cold morning air and took out my phone. I debated calling Harry, but I decided to just text him instead, not wanting to bother him.

To Harry: we are going out tomorrow night

I sent it and put my phone back into the pocket of my coat. I slowly made my way to the restaurant, knowing that I had enough time. When I took the lift up, I checked my phone again. He had replied.

From Harry: Do I have no say in this?

I rolled my eyes, even though I knew he couldn't see me.

To Harry: you don't

From Harry: If you had asked nicely, I would've said yes anyway.

To Harry: you wouldn't have

From Harry: How would you know, you didn't even try.

To Harry: even though I'd LOVE to keep this conversation up, I'm afraid I'm at work.

I walked into the restaurant, and the first thing I saw was Chloe getting the tables ready. As soon as she heard my footsteps, she looked up and rushed to my side.

"So?" She asked impatiently.

"So what?"

"How did it go?" She asked again.

"How did what go?"

"Are you aware of the fact you walked out of the restaurant with an outrageously hot boy next to you yesterday night?"

"I might be, why?"

"What happened with him yesterday?" She finally asked.

"Nothing happened" I replied.

"Are you serious? You didn't do anything?"

"He just walked me home" I said. "Oh, he asked me to be his girlfriend."

"Please tell me you said yes" she said.

"I said yes, now can we actually start doing our job?" I asked her, hanging my coat.

"Oh my god he's your boyfriend now!" She squealed, making a few heads turn towards us.

"Girls, how many times do I have to tell you to be professional?" James said.

"There aren't even customers right now, we're closed" Chloe snapped at him.

"There will be. That's the point of getting everything ready" he replied, before walking back into the kitchen.

"I hate him so much" she muttered behind his back.

"You aren't the only one" I replied, putting the tablecloth better on one of the tables next to me.

•  •  •

When I got out of work, I checked my phone.

From Harry: I won't be around today. I have some stuff to do, I'll make sure to be back before tomorrow night.

I briefly pondered asking him more information about it, but I decided against it. Even though I knew he owed me at least some answers, I also knew that I didn't want to force them out of him. For some reason, it didn't feel right.

To Harry: I'll be waiting for you. It's at 8pm by the way

I walked back home where I spent the rest of my day sitting against the headboard of my bed, determined to finish reading a book. Pride and Prejudice, of course.

•  •  •

Harry kept true to his word and came knocking at my door at 7:30pm the next day.

"What's the plan?" He asked, sipping a glass of water I had poured for him just a few seconds before.

"You're meeting my best friends" I replied, and he almost choked on his water.

"I am what?"

I chuckled at his reaction. "Relax, you aren't meeting my parents."

He shook his head. "Just unexpected, I guess" he said, playing with the hem of his black shirt.

"We are gonna have fun, don't worry" I replied. "We have to go now. Who's driving?" I added after checking the clock in my kitchen.

"I'm driving" he replied, "Just tell me where to."

"It's really close, you'll see."

We got out of my house and I locked my door as Harry went down the stairs fast to get his car.

When I walked out, tightening my coat around my body, Harry's car was parked right in front of the building. I slid in the passenger seat and relaxed as the warmth enveloped me.

"Where do I go?" Harry asked me, his fingers tapping on the steering wheel.

"Just past the park, first road on the left."

He nodded to show me he had understood and started the car.

"Don't be nervous" I said, noticing that he seemed a bit on edge, "They're nice people, even though Niall is an idiot."

He smiled. "What makes you say that?"

"I mean, he called his cat Strawberry Smoothie."

"Not that bad. I called my first dog White."

I stifled back a laugh. "Was it white?"

"No, it was black" he replied, biting his lip as he turned into the street. "There are a lot of cars parked here, I think we'll have to walk a bit" he added, trying to find a place to park the car in.

"There's a car park next to the park" I told him.

"Thanks" he said, and turned the car around. He found a suitable spot to park in, and he stopped the car.

We got out, and he instinctively put his arm around my shoulders as we walked back into the street.

When we reached Niall and Liam's building, I didn't waste time in ringing their doorbell. They opened the door soon enough and we rushed in, sheltering each other from the cold wind.

"Hey!" Niall exclaimed from the top of the stairs, and I heard Liam's voice from inside the house telling him to 'shut up and get back in because the neighbours aren't interested in his business'.

"Hello" I said, and Harry did the same.

"Nice to meet you again mate!" Niall said, holding out his hand to shake. "I ordered a lot of Chinese food, good luck with chugging it all down" he told me.

"I won't even need to do it with you around" I replied, as Harry shook his hand.

"Come in, Liam is inside" Niall said, pointing at the door.

"Nice to meet you Harry. You seem an alright lad" Liam said as soon as we got in.

"Yeah, we're also really grateful that she has a boyfriend" Niall added closing the front door. "I was expecting to have to marry her to prevent her from living the rest of her life all-"

"Niall!" Liam said slapping his thigh, advising him not to go any further.

"Let's sit on the couch" I told Harry, taking his hand and directing him into the living room.

•  •  •

We spent the rest of the night eating Chinese food in front of the TV, and although it was turned on, nobody was looking at it. Niall and Liam got along with Harry perfectly, not to my surprise. For the first time in many weeks, it really did seem like nothing bad had ever happened between them.

When the time came to go back home, we said our goodbyes and we made our way down the cold street.

"See? I told you everything would've gone well" I said, holding Harry's had and intertwining our fingers.

"They're fun" he replied, "I can't believe I actually witnessed a full grown man running after a kitten because it had stolen his spring roll."

I laughed quietly. "He really is something else. The cat, not Niall."

We were almost out of the street when we noticed someone standing against the wall. We stopped walking, wondering if we were still in time to go away without being seen, but we had no luck.

"I was waiting for you."

I heard Harry inhale deeply next to me. "What do you want?"

I heard a chuckle in the dark. "Don't worry darling, I'm not stalking you. I just couldn't help but notice your car parked right there" he said, motioning to the parking lot. "Are you together now? Thought you weren't interested in him, princess?" He said, noticing our hands.

I glared at him. "Leave us alone."

"Now, that wouldn't be really fun, would it?" He asked to nobody in particular, pushing himself off the wall and facing us directly.

"Go away, Louis" I heard Harry say lowly.

"Why, I've always been like a big brother to you" he replied, with a hint of disgust in his voice. "I think the time has come for me to teach you something about honesty."

Harry froze completely. "Don't" was the only world that came out of his lips.

"Why not, Harry? I've already told you. Honesty is the most important thing in a relationship. Have you been honest?" Louis turned towards me. "Has he been honest, princess? Or is there a secret still lurking in the shadows?"

My breath hitched, and he noticed it. "There is something he still hasn't told you then, isn't there?"

"Louis" I heard Harry say threateningly.

"Maybe something that happened... On the night of January 7th, 2009?"

At the mention of that date a cold shiver ran down my spine, for a reason I couldn't understand yet.

I looked at Harry and I saw his jawline tense up, as he let go of my hand.

"Don't you dare" he said in a threatening tone.

"Be careful while roaming the streets during the Halloween night princess, you never know which dangers you might encounter" Louis said. "But thinking about it, you have the worst of them all standing right next to you" he added looking at Harry.

"What do you mean?" I asked, and in the second I did I wished I could've taken it back. Because this time, my question wasn't going to be left unanswered.

Louis turned to look at me again. "He killed my sister."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 111 42
A fan fiction about One Direction. Love story about flaws, selflessness, trust, loyalty, heartbreaks and more.
335K 8.6K 27
❝You're such a fucking slut❞ ❝We'll see who's talking when you come back begging me to fuck you❞ WARNING: This story will include graphic sex scenes...
160K 5.5K 24
Maybe she never should've joined the game. SHORT STORY.
924 26 23
Niall Horan fanfiction. Title basically says it all.