Mafiatale - An Eye For An Eye...

By _fransfics_

HERE IT IS! Mafiatale! NOT MY AU! My own version. SANSXFRISK They my OTP. I hope you like this story! Another... More

Prologue
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Gosh I know...
End Story Notes

Chapter 8:

3.8K 217 452
By _fransfics_

*Third POV*

The food in The Underground was better than anything Frisk had ever tasted.

There was so much to choose from, and Toriel said she could have anything she wanted.

Despite Frisk's hesitant trust, she decided to eat and chose her food to settle her starved stomach.

A gooey cinnamon roll with sprinkles of cinnamon, orange juice to wash it down; creamed oatmeal with apples, fresh strawberries, (Toriel said were picked from the garden) and a dribble of cinnamon roll glaze over it all was what satisfied Frisk.

Frisk ate like a queen, and when she finished, she thanked Toriel kindly.

That's when a monster with six arms and six eyes popped into the dinning room Frisk and Toriel ate in.

"Does the little deary like it~?" She cooed, blinking a few of her eyes.

Frisk stared at the monster, and debated on answering.

As much as she wished to say yes, and explain how incredible it was, she was still untrusting of them.

They did kidnap her after all.

Except she knew that staying silent would be rude, and Frisk still had manners, so she answered kindly, "Yes. I enjoyed the chewy and soft texture of the cinnamon roll, and the bitter sweet tang of the orange juice. The oatmeal was good to, I liked the crunch of the apple and the spreading flavor. Thank you."

The purple monster rushed over (so fast Frisk jumped in shock) and leaned over Frisk who was sitting in the chair.

"Little deary likes my food~?" She giggled in a high voice, Frisk's eyes wide with shock, "Deary likes my food more than old man's."

"I highly doubt that Muffet, she seems to have liked the oatmeal better," a new voice said, the source being a man made of fire who stood in the doorway, "And I am not an old man."

Frisk watched Muffet stand straight and twiddle all her fingers together: one pair in back, one up front, and her other arms at her sides.

"Fire man doesn't like my cooking? Deary thinks it is good~" Muffet smiled mischievously at the man of flames, who was walking over.

"Your cooking is fine," he said his hands behind his back formally, "Mine is just better."

Toriel chuckled warmly and leaned down to Frisk as the two continued their argument, and she said, "These are the head chefs, Muffet and Grillby. Both always trying to out do the other. Because of this, I'm sure you will never go hungry."

Frisk was staring in awe at the two fighting chefs as Toriel grabbed her hand and pulled her up gently from the chair.

"Will they be alright on their own?" Frisk asked with concern for the two chefs, (who were getting quite heated, at that point, pun intended).

"Oh they will be just fine. Come now, my child," Toriel said, "There is much to see."

After being fed, Frisk did not expect Toriel to give her a tour of the entire first floor.

The scenes were pleasant, many servants and workers enjoying their day or chatting with others.

Frisk could see that most were probably working in the offices, because not many were downstairs.

In the ballroom, no one danced yet a blue fish woman played the grand piano with heart.

Toriel introduced her, "Undyne, head of-"

"Security," Frisk finished off, watching the fish woman with entertainment in her eyes, "I know that. She is also the brute interrogator, when they need someone a bit more forceful."

Even though Frisk knew a lot on Undyne's harsh personality and her mean looks, she would have never expected to see the brute force playing the piano.

Toriel smiled as Undyne continued playing, then she took Frisk out of the ballroom and on with the tour.

All the rooms Frisk visited were wonderful to her, and in each room her eyes and mouth were open in awe.

Her mind was put at rest, and she hardly needed to think for herself as Toriel explained everything.

When they reached the library, Frisk felt her heart jump and as the doors opened she almost cried.

Rows and rows and rows of books filled the room, reaching to the ceiling and dazzling in the bright chandelier lights. The books were simple colors, yet they all seemed new and untouched. Each one Frisk wanted to read, and her eyes glittered in the beautiful sight.

There was only one other person in the library, and he was sitting on the floor near a couch, his legs crossed and his face shoved into a picture book.

Frisk recognized him as Papyrus, the kind interrogator who went in before the brute force.

Next to him was a large shelf of picture books, and above the shelf read: Papyrus's books.

"Papyrus loves the library," Toriel explained with a smile, noticing Frisk's enjoyment, "You'll often find him here, reading next to his personal shelf."

Frisk watched him for a moment, slightly puzzled at why the adult was reading picture books.

Although he was a bit childish, (as Frisk had remembered from the facts she knew on him) she would have at least have expected him to read normal books.

"Why picture books?" She asked, looking to Toriel for an answer.

Except it was Papyrus who answered, and his head popped up from the book as he replied, "WELL WHY NOT?!"

Toriel stifled a giggle as Frisk's face turned red from embarrassment.

"Oh, sorry I was just wondering because... well... you can read the other books... can't you? I'm sure you can read well," she tried to explain, looking at him curiously.

"OF COURSE I CAN!" He claimed with a smile, "I JUST LIKE THE PICTURE BOOK STORIES BETTER!"

Frisk was on the verge of thinking it was because that was all his brain could handle, but she hesitated, and realized that all her assumptions had been wrong so far.

So she asked respectably, "Why's that?"

Papyrus looked back at her and answered, "BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS HAVE A HAPPY ENDING."

He looked back down at his book and continued reading, with his eyes squinted and his nose almost touching the page, as if he was reading an incredibly well written book.

Slightly startled with the answer, Frisk hardly noticed Toriel pull her out of the room until she could no longer smell the fresh pages of the books.

The rest of the tour (for the first floor) was enjoyable for Frisk, (even though she hated to admit it).

The pool was open to all, and so were the many other attractions.

When Toriel lead Frisk into a bar, she looked around to see monsters playing pool and cards and other casual games.

There was classy music filling the air and Frisk had to restrain herself from tapping her foot to the jazzy beat.

At the pool table Frisk noticed a woman (who, to Frisk's surprise, looked human) and a goat boy, both playing against each other.

The woman took her turn and shoved too forcefully into the ball, watching as it hit the other side and rolled off.

"Gah!" She exclaimed in anger, throwing the stick on the table and folding her arms, "I don't even know how to play this game Azzy!"

The goat smiled at her then tapped her shoulder, motioning his head to where Frisk and Toriel were standing.

The woman looked up, and Frisk held in a small gasp at how Sans was right, they had the same figure.

Except he left out the part where they had the same hair and eyes as well.

The only difference, was the color of eyes, for Frisk's were a creamy brown, and the stranger's were red.

Pure, dark, red.

The stranger was wearing brown pants with suspenders that fit her figure well, and a white long sleeved button up shirt.

Now, one couldn't sat they looked exactly the same, for the stranger had stronger features on her face than Frisk, who seemed more feminine and fragile.

Though it did bewilder her how similar they looked.

When the stranger and goat boy walked over, the woman glared and scowled, "Oh. It's you. Toriel why is she here?"

"I was only showing her around," Toriel explained, "Frisk, this is Chara and Asriel, they-"

"Retrieve and save those who have been taken from The Underground, I know," Frisk finished as she looked at the two.

Chara glared, though it seemed as if only Frisk saw it.

"Well aren't you a smart," Chara sneered, quickly changing her expression to something innocent when Toriel and Asriel looked, "I can see why we need you here... Would be good help finding the traitor."

Frisk looked away at the remembrance of why she was here in the first place.

All of this was to get her information, and she knew it.

They could all be acting kind, just until they got her information.

She never recalled anything about a traitor though.

It would be better to ask later.

Once again Chara glared and her red eyes seemed to be saying something to Frisk, that she couldn't quite understand.

Toriel then smiled a bit and turned to walk out as she said, "I will be back shortly, and do be kind to her Chara..."

The moment she was gone, Frisk asked, "She just... left me alone? Unescorted?"

"No," Chara answered darkly, "She left you with us. Which is a good thing, because I have a problem with you."

Frisk narrowed her eyes and said, "Yeah I've noticed. Though I can't figure out what it is."

Chara chuckled and took a step closer to Frisk, Asriel watching the whole thing in silence.

"Of course you don't! You're so selfish, you can't find anything wrong with yourself!" Chara snarled, glaring sharply at Frisk.

Frisk hardly understood what the woman was saying, and she she tried to hide her puzzlement by keeping her face blank and her eyes clear.

"I don't know what you mean," She said formally.

Chara growled roughly and took a strong step forward so she was a few inches away from Frisk.

Then she whispered sharply, "Do you even realize how selfish you are being? Keeping all that information to yourself, when you have so many opportunities to help?"

Frisk didn't move, and she didn't hesitate in shooting back quietly, "At least I didn't kidnap an innocent person for my own selfish reasons."

After saying that, Frisk felt quite good, but Chara wasn't finished and she said, "Yeah, right. At least you didn't kidnap an 'innocent' person, feed them, clothe them, give them a room, a bathroom, protection, and kindness."

Silence filled the air around them, and the classy music no longer made Frisk feel like she wanted to tap her feet.

Chara continued with stinging sarcasm after a moment, "Good thing you aren't like that!"

Frisk's eyes casted down, and she thought over what Chara was trying to say, her head growing another head ache.

Everything she had expected from The Underground was wrong.

She had been so used to what happened at Cortex, she hardly realized all they were doing for her.

Even then, she wouldn't realize it, and she wouldn't speak either.

Chara let out a long sigh and said gruffly, "Listen, I might be able to understand why you didn't help us when we kidnapped you, probably for your own 'personal reasons', even though I think you should have just helped out anyway cause that's whay good people do; but after everything we've done for you, and you Still won't help us.... it is selfish."

Frisk looked up at Chara's red eyes, and felt sickness overwhelm her when she saw how serious and angry the girl was.

"So who's the smart one now?" Chara asked sharply, her voice rising in volume and her fist clenching as her eyes flicked and glowed.

Frisk didn't answer, though she didn't need too, because it seemed as if Chara wasn't finished.

Except at that moment Asriel could see how heated Chara was getting, and he put his arm out between her and Frisk, looking at his friend with a serious expression that melted away his calm one.

Chara looked at him and took a deep breath before unclenching her fists and glancing down, saying, "I know, I know. I was only being honest."

Then Asriel held up a pool table stick, and gave her a weak smile, his eyes speaking words that were unheard, yet Chara seemed to understand perfectly.

She smiled a bit and took the pool stick before turning around and walking to the table.

Asriel gave Frisk one last serious glance before following behind Chara, and leaving the conversation at dust.

Frisk stared at them.

She felt foolish and weak, realizing that Chara was right about all of it.

Frisk was the only one thinking irrationally.

She had studied psychology, trying to understand how people's brains worked or got corrupted.

This resulted in Frisk over thinking everything.

Everyone around her was being logical, and Frisk was still so bewildered at being kidnapped, and still so confused with Sans and her own brain, that she wasn't thinking clearly.

This was when she realized she needed time to think by herself.

When Toriel came back, she took one concerned glance at Frisk and asked softly, "Oh my dear child... are you alright? What is the matter?"

Frisk, still staring blankly at Chara and Asriel, answered without hesitation, "Take me back to my room."

"So soon? But I was going to show you the garden, it is very lovely and-"

"Please," Frisk begged, realizing she was a bit demanding, "I would like to go back to my room."

Toriel studied Frisk's face, and seemed to sense slight distress.

So, she nodded and turned to walk out of the bar, Frisk following behind with one last look at Asriel and the red-eyed girl.

*******
A/N: I AM ON A FREAKING ROLL HOLY CRAP!

I'm getting really into this story right now, I don't even know why.

(I HAVE SO MANY PLANS FOR THE FUTURE MWAHAHAHA)

I hope you liked the chappie!

Let me explain: the first few chapters are with Frisk basically getting used to them, realizing that (she's an idiot) she was wrong about them, and was thinking the worst of things.

She gets a bit more sane in the next chapter, and THE NEXT one is with Sans my apologies.

Speaking of which-

*SPOILERS*

Sans be like, "sup boo I'm back" nd she be like, "dang it weirdo" and then they be chatting it up like ye.
And Toriel be a sweetheart.

So what do you guys think of Chara and Asriel?

I like them tbh.

I like writing them at least.

THANK YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH I CAN'T SAY THIS ENOUGH OMG!!!

YOU ALL ARE SO KIND AND INCREDIBLE I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT!

LIKE.... WOW GUYS I'M REALLY TOUCHED BY YOU ALL.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

I LOVE YOU GOODBYE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298 2 5
If you haven't read the other one, that's okay! This is mainly to fix timeline problems and mistakes on my part that don't make sense!
249K 6.5K 36
So...my first book. YAAAAAY...god I'm gonna screw this up. Heheh! ANYWAYS, hope you enjoy this! This is based off my OTP and the game Undertale. If y...
1.9K 158 35
Description is in the Disclaimer! <3
335K 12.1K 153
Sans. He is a serious skeleton who is part of the Mafia, and he doesn't like to take shit from anyone. Well, maybe apart from his own boss, Asgore. H...