Book 1: Into the Woods | Larr...

By LittleBubbleStyles

☾ It was only a matter of time before a gray wolf with beautiful blue eyes met the human with sparkling green... More

Prologue
1 - Where it Started
2 - Never Take it Off
3 - You're Hiding Something
4 - Louis
5 - They're Demons
6 - The Crescent Moon
7 - That's My Pack
8 - Are You Okay
9 - Birthday Note
10 - Alpha
11 - The Boyfriend
12 - I'm Seventeen
13 - A Virgin
14 - Ed
16 - The Soulmate
17 - Goodbyes
18 - Few Hours Prior
19 - Stay Safe
20 - Hold On
21 - First Day
22 - Emotions
23 - All Mine
24 - Full Moon
25 - Heartbeats
26 - Always
Epilogue
Author's Note
Question: Sequel?
URGENT !!

15 - A Werewolf

9.7K 493 645
By LittleBubbleStyles

✧Previously on Chapter Fourteen✧

CHAPTER WARNINGS:
- Fight scene
- Violent
- Mentions of blood

Harry let out a dramatic groan as he opened the front door to his house. It had been a long and tiresome week since he found out about what happened to Ed, and the days never went by easier knowing that he was still unconscious. Plus, on top of that, Harry also hadn't seen Louis since he was kicked out of the cabin. In fact, he never once stopped by to visit, not even while Harry was sleeping. There had been no signs of Louis at all, and Harry was starting to wonder if giving the ring back to him was a good idea or not. The most Harry had heard or seen had been from Liam. Liam had taken on the role of checking in on Harry and making sure he was safe, but other than that, the visits from Liam were quick.

Once Harry was inside his home, he lazily tossed his bag off to the side and trudged into the kitchen to grab a snack. He found a note on the counter when he walked into the room and went over to read what it said. It was his mother informing him that she'll be in town all day and that Harry should meet her by a cafe around dinner time. Harry let out a soft hum and walked over to the fridge to grab an apple for the time being.

Harry knew he still had a couple more hours until he needed to meet his mother, so his plan was to do absolutely nothing while he waited. He figured he could catch up on some TV shows or maybe take a nap, except, when Harry walked back out into the living room with his apple in hand, he noticed a figure standing at his back patio door. Harry stopped in his tracks when he realized it was Louis standing there about to knock. Their eyes made brief contact with Louis offering a weak smile before Harry was going to the door to slide it open for him.

"Hi," Harry breathed out, eyes scanning across Louis' body and drinking in every inch of him. It had been a long week, and Harry really did miss seeing and smelling Louis all around him.

Louis tilted his head over towards the couches in response and led the way over there. He took a seat on one of the cushions as Harry sat down in the spot next to him. Once they were settled, Harry took a hesitant bite of his apple while watching Louis carefully, noticing that his hands were stuffed in his pockets and his eyes were glancing all across the floor.

"You gave the ring back," Louis finally spoke after a few moments of silence, letting out a bitter laugh when he pulled his hand out from his pocket. Harry's eyes followed the movement and watched when Louis uncurled his fingers to expose the ring resting on his palm. Harry felt a wave of guilt settle in the pit of his stomach before he was letting out a sigh and setting the apple off to the side.

"Yeah." Harry twisted his lips to the side as he reached to grab the ring with his fingers.

"Look, if you did this because I yelled at you-"

"No, that wasn't why," Harry quickly assured, setting the ring down on the coffee table in front of them. He furrowed his eyebrows together and glanced back into Louis' eyes, swallowing when he realized how hurt Louis looked from all this. "I gave it back so you could focus on your pack. Ever since I was given this ring, you've been too drawn to me."

Louis let out a huff and tossed his hands defeatedly in the air. "I gave it to you for a reason, though," Louis nearly cried. "It's part of the mating process, Harry. You can't just pause the whole thing by giving the ring back. It takes a lot more than that."

"Yeah, but you said I was a distraction, and that I -"

"I didn't mean it, okay?" Louis interrupted loudly, causing Harry to flinch at the sudden burst of his voice. Louis let out a sigh and slumped against the couch, folding his arms over his chest and moving his eyes over to look at the said ring. "I shouldn't have yelled at you like that or scared you like that. I was just stressed about the whole thing, and I wanted to put the blame on you when you've literally done nothing but be there for me."

"Louis," Harry whispered under his breath, chewing on his bottom lip when Louis' eyes glanced at his again. "You can't protect your pack if you're so focused on protecting me. It's already costed you enough, and all I'm trying to do is help. I don't want you to have to make the decision on who you should save when your pack needs you the most."

Louis furrowed his eyebrows together. "Harry, you can't talk like that," he urged frustrated, blowing air past his lips. "It's an alpha's instinct to protect their mate no matter what - it's just in our nature, and the pack members know this. They know the most important member of the pack besides the alpha is the alpha's mate. There's no decision to be made. Yes, I will always live to protect you, but that doesn't mean I'm not not going to try to protect the pack as well. I love you, Harry. Of course you're my priority."

"I'm not even your mate, yet," Harry reminded with a grimace. "I'm still human."

Louis began shaking his head as he pushed himself off the couch. He ran his fingers through his fringe and turned to face Harry with the most hurtful look on his face. "Why are you doing this to me, Harry?"

Harry quickly rushed off of the couch and stepped in front of Louis. He cupped the sides of his face softly and began rubbing along Louis' cheekbone. "I'm not trying to do anything other than to help you," Harry reassured quickly, licking his lips when Louis' eyes dropped to look in between their bodies. "Please, just let me help."

"All you can do is remain safe. That's all the help you can give," Louis whispered under his breath. He stared down at his feet for a couple more seconds before he was finally looking back up at Harry. "This feud with Nick is about to escalate, and the last thing I want is for you to get hurt."

Harry slowly moved one of his hands around Louis' neck and cupped the back of his head. He pushed himself closer so that their chests were pressing together while he leaned forward to rub his nose along Louis'. "It's hard to just sit back and do nothing while you fight."

Louis laughed softly. "It's not like I'm going to bring you with me," he teased. "Besides, you did just give me the mate ring back."

Louis finally pulled back from Harry and furrowed his eyebrows together. Harry let out a huff at the comment and completely retracted himself from Louis' space. He took a step back and rolled his eyes since that was all that he could come up it. Their moment was then interrupted when Louis' phone began ringing, so Louis pulled the device out his back pocket and frowned when he realized the caller was from Niall.

"What's up?" Louis questioned when he answered, looking over at Harry who was curiously looking back. Louis shrugged in response and turned away slightly.

"Nick is in town."

Louis' eyes widen. "Are you serious?"

"A couple of Epsilon's saw him go in and reported it back to us. I know you're with Harry, but I wanted to let you know."

"Thanks, Niall," Louis sighed. He ended the call shortly after and put his phone back in his pocket. He didn't bother to look or answer the unasked questions coming from Harry, instead, he brushed past the boy and headed straight for the front door until Harry was reaching his hand out to stop him.

"Who was that?" Harry questioned right away, fingers curling around Louis' bicep. "Why are you leaving?"

Louis features tightened as he tried to shrug himself free from Harry. "Nick is in town. You need to stay here."

Louis managed to break free from Harry and began rushing out the house. Harry's eyes widen right away at the confession, and he immediately chased after Louis, grabbing on to his arm again and abruptly turning him around. "Louis, my mum is in town right now. He could go after her," Harry worried.

Louis let out a dramatic grunt and pulled himself away from Harry again. He turned towards the boy and placed both of his hands on top of Harry's shoulders before he started to slowly push Harry back inside the house. "Exactly, which means you need to stay here where it's safe."

"Louis," Harry cried out, twirling around Louis' hold so he was free. "This is my mother."

"Just trust me," Louis begged, letting out a dramatic groan when Harry continued to walk down the steps without so much as a second thought. He quickly followed after the boy and attempted to pull him back towards the house again, but Harry refused and was more persistent with going to his mother. "Harry!"

"It's my mother, Louis," Harry reasoned again, like it was his best explanation for why he refused to listen to Louis.

Louis grunted when he realized this was something he wasn't going to win, so he reluctantly followed Harry in to town. He still attempted to knock some sense into Harry by trying to turn him back around, but all hope was lost when they saw Anne and Nick standing right in the middle of the plaza in town. Harry shrugged his shoulders from Louis' hold and took off instinctively in the direction his mother was standing.

"Mum!" Harry cried, but he was soon being dragged back against a firm chest before he could even make it a few steps out.

"Harry, no," Louis snapped, ignoring Harry's struggles by tightening his arms around the boy. "Do not go over there," Louis then seethed in between his teeth, stopping them a couple yards away so they wouldn't draw attention to them.

They could see Anne and Nick having some sort of conversation, but Anne must have heard Harry's scream because she was soon turning her head over in their direction. Louis let out a sigh when Anne offered the two of them a smile before she was waving them over. Harry immediately began dragging the both of them over to where Anne and Nick were while Louis kept his arm firmly wrapped around Harry so he could keep him close to his body, so he could protect Harry if anything were to happen.

"Harry, you're here early," Anne greeted with a smile, soon looking over at Louis and brightening up more. "Louis, it's so nice of you to join."

Harry ignored her comment and ended up shrugging off Louis' hold on him. Louis' let out a sigh when his arm fell down to his side and Harry was walking quickly over towards his mother. He wrapped his hand around her arm and attempted to drag her away from Nick, but she refused to move and looked back at Harry as if he had lost his mind.

"Mum, let's go," Harry pleaded desperately, trying to pull her closer towards Louis, but she let out a weak laugh and picked Harry's hands off of her.

"Harry, stop that," Anne demanded with a frown. She yanked herself free and quickly glanced at Nick to offer him a weak smile. Nick's eyes that were once staring down Harry were soon softening up when Anne looked over at him. He gave them a fake smile plastered across his lips and waved at the two of them like he didn't know who they were. "This is Nick. He's new in town and looking to invest in some local businesses, so I was helping him out a little bit."

Nick's cold eyes looked over at Harry again while Louis quickly slid up behind Harry's back. His hand instinctively went to Harry's hip and held him in place when Nick's lips curved into a snarky smirk. "Hello," Nick greeted, hand reaching out for Harry to shake. "Nice to meet you."

Louis' hand tightened where he was holding Harry and subtly pulled him back against his chest. Harry, on the other hand, looked over at Nick's hand like it was made of fire. He stared at it, twisting his lips to the side and furrowing his eyebrows together and refusing to let himself touch that alpha. He knew he was showing horrible manners in front of his mother, but the last thing he wanted to do was shake Nick's hand.

However, Anne didn't seem to find Harry's lack of manners amusing. She hardened her eyes at where she was watching Harry stubbornly cross his arms over his chest and ended up nudging him with her shoulder. Harry flinched at the touch and snapped his head over in her direction, soon frowning when he saw his mother motioning towards Nick's hand where it was still held up waiting for him.

Harry let out a deep breath and stepped forward out of Louis' hold. He felt a cold rush run down his spine when he no longer had that contact from his future alpha, but he knew he needed to be civil and not make his mother any more upset with him. So, reluctantly, Harry reached out and shook Nick's hand. It only lasted a few seconds until Nick's eyes turned red and he yanked Harry straight towards his chest.

Harry's eyes widen horrifically when he was turned around so his back slammed up against Nick's front. Nick's free hand ended up coming around Harry's waist so his claws could dig into the meat of Harry's back. Harry let out a cry of pain when he felt those claws puncturing the first layer of skin before Nick started to push a little bit deeper to draw some blood out.

"What?" Anne cried out after the whole thing finally process in her mind. She looked between Nick and Harry with wide, confused eyes before she was glancing at Louis who was stepping in front of her.

Nick and Louis made brief eye contact with one another until Nick decided to bury his nose straight in to Harry's neck. Louis' nose flared and his own eyes ended up changing to their alpha red too. Louis waited a few more seconds until the alpha inside of him couldn't take any more of Nick scenting Harry. He ended up jumping forward and ripping Harry free from Nick's hold before he was pushing Harry safely behind his body. Harry stumbled over his feet and collapsed on to the ground with a loud groan as Anne quickly rushed over to his side.

Anne squatted down next to Harry and caressed his face to attest the damage Nick had done. There were no marks on his skin that were visible, but she could see the small amounts of blood staining the back of Harry's shirt. Anne let out a shaky breath and quickly glanced up at Nick and Louis to try and comprehend what was going on, but instead she found Louis tackling Nick to the ground and sending a mean punch to the side of his jaw.

"I swear I'm going to fucking kill you," Louis growled out, baring his claws from his nails and digging them straight into Nick's chest.

Nick let out a loud hiss and aggressively pushed Louis off of his body. Louis fell back with a thud while Nick used this draw back to stand on his feet and get the upper hand by towering over Louis still on the ground. Louis was able to briefly look up before Nick's fist was colliding with his nose, causing him fall back down with a loud cry of pain coming out.

"Louis," Harry called out with a cry, not thinking right when he broke free from his mother's arms to run over to where Louis was holding his jammed nose. It was on instinct as Harry approached the two wolves to push Nick away with all his might. He knew he still had his house keys in his pocket, so he quickly drew those out and stabbed a key into the left side of Nick's chest before causing him to stumble over his feet and land his ass on the ground.

Harry let out a relieved breath and turned to where Louis was slowly standing on his feet again. There was blood pooling around Louis' nose and dripping over his lips, but the initial pain he felt from the punch started to subside, and he was already healed from the blow. Harry took a step closer to Louis to make sure he was fully okay, despite the alpha eyes that were on full display, the sharp claws poking from his fingers, and the pointy teeth poking out his gums, Harry knew Louis meant no harm towards him.

Except, before Harry could take any step closer to the boy, he heard his mother crying out for him before he was being yanked towards her body. "Harry," she warned, eyes worriedly looking at Louis' bloody nose before glancing over to where Nick was supposed to be laying, however, when Anne's eyes casted over there, she realized he was no longer on the ground.

Harry followed his mother's line of view to see what the confused look on her face was, and that was when he realized Nick had disappeared as well. Harry's eyes widen in worry as he quickly snapped his head over in Louis' direction to see what was going on, but the second his eyes left his mother's figure, he felt her quickly being dragged away from his body.

Harry let out a yelp when he turned to look at his mother again, but what he saw was nearly a heart stopping moment for him. He saw Nick standing a few yards over with his hand tightly wrapped around her neck. Harry felt like the air got knocked out of him as he watched his mother struggle in Nick's hold, and he didn't think twice before he started to take off in their direction, except, Louis was quicker on his feet and quickly wrapped an arm around Harry's middle to draw him back against his chest to keep Harry from doing something stupid.

"Let go of me," Harry cried out, digging his fingers into Louis' wrist to get them off. Louis didn't budge - he tightened his grip and refrained from Harry breaking free. "Please," Harry whined again, thrashing his body around weakly.

"No, you're not putting yourself in any more danger," Louis concluded with a snarl.

Nick let out a laugh from where he was still holding on to Anne. She let out a small, high pitch whine whenever Nick's hands tightened around her neck, and Harry felt even more defeated when he saw the pure fear flashing across his mothers eyes. Harry let out a groan and tried to escape one last time before he finally gave up and slumped in Louis' arms.

"Well, well, well," Nick teased, slowly walking towards Harry and Louis again, smirking as he dragged Anne along like she was a rag doll. "What do we have here?"

Louis let out a low growl as he hardened his stare towards Nick. "Let her go," he demanded, tightening his grip when he felt Harry start to wiggle again. "This fight doesn't include them."

Nick tested Louis with a raise of an eyebrow before he let out a condescending laugh. He was quick with his next move as his free arm reached in to his pocket to draw out a weapon of some sort. Louis didn't get a chance to have any sort of reaction before a gun was aimed right at him and a silver bullet laced with wolfsbane was puncturing through his chest. Louis let out a loud cry as he dropped his hold on Harry, hands reaching to rip the bullet out, however, now that Harry was free, it left Nick perfect access to swoop by and grab him by the neck.

Harry's breath got caught in his throat when he felt the sharp nails of Nick's claws rubbing finely along his skin. Harry let out a weak whine when Nick's grip tightened around him, and he could feel the small airway of his throat beginning to swell up from Nick's hold. Louis was able to finally get the bullet out of his chest and heal quickly so he could turn back to Nick, but when he noticed the latter had both Anne and Harry in each hand, he let out a low growl.

"Leave them alone," Louis gritted, nose flaring when Nick let out another laugh.

"Where's the fun in that?" Nick teased. His lips curved into a smirk when he noticed Louis taking a small step forward. He ended up taking a step back and tilted his head to the side, testing Louis with another one of his snarky looks. "How about this, you get to save one, and I'll keep the other." Louis let out another growl and made a move like he was about to attack Nick right then and there, but Nick quickly tightened his hold on both of their necks to make Louis completely stop in his tracks.

"Now, if you don't choose, I'll just keep 'em both," Nick suggested coyly.

"Nick, stop it," Louis borderline pleaded, licking his lips and quickly glancing over at Harry to see his face flushing red. Louis let out a sigh and looked back over at Nick, seeing his own features starting to harden now.

"You think I'm going to stop?" Nick laughed humorlessly, shaking his head as he spoke. He's fingers tightened only around Harry's neck to where the ends of his claws were barely pressing against the first layer of skin on his throat. Louis grunted when he heard the small whining sound coming from Harry, but he refrained from doing anything rash. "Boy, this is not even half of what's about to come for you. You think Ed was a warning? No, he was just the beginning, and believe me when I say that there is a lot more hell for you to pay."

"L-Lou," Harry choked, eyes watering when the lack of air was begging to take a toll on his body.

Louis flickered his eyes over at Harry before they were dragging down to where Nick's claws were barely puncturing Harry's neck. "I'm going to fucking kill you," Louis muttered under his breath, speaking to no one in particular, but Nick was still able to hear him.

Nick rolled his eyes at the comment and turned to face Harry. He offered the boy a weak smile before he was opening his mouth and baring his sharp teeth. Harry's eyes widen in brief fear as he watched Nick's head get closer to his neck, almost as if Nick was about to bite him, but before anything drastic could happen, Louis threw the silver bullet that was once in his chest over at Nick. Nick stumbled back when he felt the bullet laced with wolfsbane pierce the top of his chest, causing him to loose his footing and his hold on Harry and Anne.

Louis used Nick's setback as a way to rip Harry and Anne away from Nick's hold and push them completely behind his body. Anne immediately sought out Harry and wrapped her arms around his body while Louis stalked his way over to where Nick was trying to grab the bullet out. Louis immediately bared his claws out and ran them deeply down Nick's chest. Nick let out an animalistic cry of pain before he was kneeing Louis in the groin and thrashing his claws across the side of Louis' face.

The two of them began fighting while Anne and Harry tried to get out of the way. It took a great amount of effort for Anne to make sure Harry stayed right by her side, but every time Harry heard any sound of Louis being in pain, he attempted to go to him right away. It all lasted a couple more minutes before there were two arrows flying across the courtyard and landing precisely in Louis and Nick's back.

The two of them fell to the ground while Harry and Anne both turned at the source of the arrows. Harry's eyes harden when he noticed Stan standing next to an older man who had bow arched in the air, but what was more surprising was Robin who was standing in between the two of them. Anne caught sight of the three of them and let out a surprised gasp when she saw Robin walking straight to where Louis and Nick were hunched over on the ground. When he approached both the alphas, he grabbed them each by the collar of their shirts and forced them to stand up on either side of him.

"That is enough from you two," he growled, the alpha in his voice making an appearance and causing Anne and Harry to instinctively flinch at the sound. "You settle this in the woods where wolves are supposed to be."

Anne quickly glanced at Harry with so many questions building up in her mind, but all of it was lost when Stan was suddenly running up to the both of them. "Hey, you guys okay?" He quickly asked, concerned and worried as he glanced between Anne and Harry to attest the damage that had been done. Anne tried her best to answer the question, seemingly feeling some sense of normalcy at seeing a human standing in front of her, however, Harry was too distracted in watching Louis to make sure nothing happened to him that he didn't both paying any attention to Stan. He could see Robin still holding Louis and Nick apart from one another, but then the older man that was standing by Stan earlier was now walking over to join Robin.

There was a sudden drop in Harry's heart when he saw two silver stakes in the man's hand. Harry knew what those weapons meant, and he also knew the consequences of Louis and Nick fighting in the middle of town could be, so it really didn't take that much for Harry to realize that the strange man was set to kill both those alphas. Harry's eyes widen and he quickly broke free from his mom's hold and ran straight to where Louis was being held by Robin. He jumped in front of the boy and wrapped his arms behind his body so he could hold on to Louis' waist while attempting to be a barrier from that strange man.

"You can't kill Louis," Harry pleaded, tears filling his eyes and hands gripping tighter on to Louis.

The man paused in front of Harry, raising an eyebrow. "He's an uncontrollable alpha who nearly put two human lives in danger," he reasoned with.

Harry watched as the man stepped forward and placed the stakes in one hand so the other could come out and aggressively grab on to Harry's arm. He attempted to yank Harry away from Louis, but Harry's arms tightened around Louis refusing to let go. The man let out a grunt and tried again, but Louis let out a growl that had the guy retracting his hand away with a frown.

"Don't fucking touch him," Louis snarled, eyes flashing red again.

"Oh," the man sighed, eyes hardening as they flicked between Louis and Harry before he was laughing under his breath. "This must be the alpha and the human - a tragic love story," he teased.

Harry blinked a couple of times to carefully plan out his next few moves. He concluded as much that the man standing in front of him was Stan's father, the head werewolf hunter in town, but what he also knew was that Stan nor his father knew that Robin was a wolf as well. All these accusations being thrown towards Louis that was making him seem like the bad wolf was starting to get to Harry, and he could feel himself starting to get lost in his own emotions. He knew he was way out of his element trying to fight for a spot in the werewolf world, but the instincts inside of him were flaring up, and he couldn't help it when he stepped forward so he could knee the man in the groin.

The man let out a yelp and dropped the silver stakes on the ground so he could cup his balls. Harry retracted his hands from Louis' body and ended up bending down so he could hold the stakes in his hand. He then walked up to the man and pressed the tip of one stake straight towards the guy's chest. "I hope you realized it's because of Louis that the two humans here are safe and alive," Harry grunted under his breath, jabbing the stake into his chest as a fair warning. "If you're going to kill a wolf, how about you start with the alpha who's been trying to kill me for weeks. Better yet, why don't you start with the one that standing in between the two of them."

Harry stepped back from the man and let out a big breath when the latter's eyes widen horrifically at Robin, like he couldn't believe what Harry had just told him. Stan quickly ran over to his dad's side and slowly pulled him away from all the commotion so he could make sure he was okay as well. Harry briefly shared a look with Stan before he was turning around to look at Robin. Robin raised his eyebrow when Harry continued to stand and stare, not so subtly flickering his gaze over at Louis to hint that he wanted the boy to be free. It took a couple of seconds, but eventually, Robin released his hold on Louis and pushed him in Harry's direction.

Harry let out big breath as Louis stumbled into his arms. They immediately wrapped their arms around each other while Harry hooked his chin over Louis' shoulder to look at Robin one last time. "Stay the hell away from my mum," Harry demanded.

"Stay away from Louis," was Robin's reply.

Harry rolled his eyes and ended up slowly pulling away from Louis. They shared a look at one another for a nice couple of seconds before Harry was lacing their fingers together and dragging them over towards his mother. Anne was still in the same spot she had been earlier and continued to stare at the both of them as they got closer to her. She immediately flinched when she was Louis approaching hand in hand with Harry, but Harry didn't give her any time to freak out because he was grabbing a hold of her as well and dragging them all towards the house.

"Let's just go home, please," Harry begged, ignoring the crazy looks his mother was giving him. "I promise I'll explain."

They began their walk to the house in silence while Louis continuously kept looking over his shoulder to watch as much as he could of Nick getting shackled up. He could see Robin and Mr. Lucas weakening Nick by injecting wolfsbane into his system, but that was as much as he could catch before the three of them were turning down a street that made him lose sight of all of them.

Once they were finally away from the chaos that just happened, realization was able to dawn on Louis, and he knew he was now in some deep shit. Nick would escape from Robin, there wasn't a doubt in Louis' mind about that, and when Nick does, Louis knew that Nick would head straight for him. But not only was Nick a more prominent issue, the council was an even bigger one than before. Louis already had a chip on his shoulder trying to mate with a human, but he's even more on edge now that he was caught fighting another alpha in town, so he wouldn't be surprised if there was something coming from the original alphas.

He knew he fucked up.

When the three of them finally arrived at the house, Harry let his mother go so she could slump her body on the couch. Harry watched as her eyes stared widely out in front of her, lips pressed in a fine line and fingers nervously picking at the ends of her shirt. Harry let out a sigh as he walked over to where she was sitting so he could take a seat on the coffee table in front of her. Louis remained off to the side and ended up using the collar of his shirt to wipe off the dried up blood he felt around his nose, trying to keep his appropriate distance so Anne wouldn't freak out any more than she already had.

Anne cleared her throat, blinking her wet eyes over at Harry. "Care to explain now?" she whispered, voice on the verge of cracking.

"What do you know?" Harry asked in return, glancing over at Louis briefly before looking back at his mom. "I think that's a good place to start."

Anne ran her fingers through her hair and relaxed into the cushions of the sofa. "I know there are rumors about the head of the council. I hear whispers about how they don't age, but I always brushed it aside as a joke. And then the Lucas family - I know they are hunters meant to protect the people of the town, but I always thought they just went after the animals found in the woods. I know there are stories in the past that talk about animals attacking the humans, so I figured that was what they were meant to hunt."

Harry let out a shaky breath and reached over to grab on to his mother's hands. "Do you remember when I told you the stories about werewolves when I was younger?"

"I-it can't be," Anne stuttered, shaking her head in refusal to believe Harry. "That's - They were just stories." Anne's watery eyes quickly glanced over at Louis and saw as he nodded his head in agreement with Harry. She let out a breathy gasp and turned back to Harry, tears freely rolling down her cheek. "The council said the animals in the woods were back, and that the people were in danger again. They said you were in danger."

Harry furrowed his eyebrows together and scooted towards the edge of the coffee table, wanting to get closer to his mom. "I'm not in danger, mum. That's why Louis is here. He's protecting us from the bad werewolves," Harry explained lightly, seeing his mother look over at Louis again. "Nick, the man that you met, he's an alpha of a very big werewolf pack. He's been trying to kill Louis, and he's tried to use me and you as a way to do it. And Robin - well, Robin is one of the original werewolf's that first colonized this land ages ago. That's why people say he doesn't age. It's because he's been here since Colchester was first discovered, and he and two other original alpha's run the council."

Anne let out a big puff of air. "And Louis?" She questioned quietly. "You said he's protecting us. What does that make him, a hunter or a -?" Anne stopped herself before she could finish the sentence, refusing to believe that Louis could also be what Harry was implying at, but her entire face fell when she saw Harry pull back slowly with a wary look on his face like he was about to confirm what Anne didn't want him to.

"He's a werewolf," Harry replied under his breath.

"So you're dating a werewolf?" she asked slowly, trying to process this information herself.

"I love him," Harry bluntly stated, ignoring the wide eyed look that his mother was giving him, but then her eyes softened at the confession, her shoulders relaxing and the stress lines smoothing out. She looked between Louis and Harry for a couple of seconds before she was deflating in her spot with a low sigh. "He's not dangerous to me or to you. He's not some alpha that's taking advantage of me. He's Louis Tomlinson, and I love him for who he is."

"Tomlinson?" Anne gasped under her breath, straightening up in her seat with a frown. "That makes sense," she continued on, causing Harry to furrow his eyebrows together. "Tomlinson, Grimshaw, Winston, Twist, Wootton, and Cowell."

Harry turned his head over at Louis and raised an eyebrow for some sort of explanation about what his mother was going on about. "Those are the original werewolf bloodlines," he answered.

"See, I knew the original six people were the ones who first discovered this town and created a government, but how could I miss that they were all wolves?" Anne mumbled more to herself. "You don't see those names running around much besides within the council, but even then, there had never been any records about any of them."

Harry could see his mother starting to finally loosen up at her own realization. She no longer looked scared or worried. She seemed to finally accept that werewolves were running around town and didn't seem too bothered that she had one standing a few feet over. She even looked over at Louis and finally offered him a small smile, one that had Louis finally relaxing as well.

Harry noticed it and subtly beckoned Louis over towards him. When Louis was within reaching distance, Harry stood on his feet and reached his hand out to grab on to Louis. They both shared a small smile to one another before Harry was looking back at his mother to gauge her reaction. She showed no signs of judgement or any hint of worry, instead, she had the faintest smile set across her lips and eyes looking somewhat bright at the way Harry and Louis were standing so close to one another.

But then, Harry knew he had to break their little moment. He knew there was something he had to do for Louis and for himself, and he wasn't sure how his mother was going to take it. He could still see the mate ring that he left on the table out of the corner of his eye, and after everything that had happened today, Harry could feel the empty weight of where it used to lay on his finger.

Harry let out a big breath before he cleared his throat, causing both Louis and Anne to look at him. "Mum," he mumbled out nervously, squeezing Louis' hand for comfort. "There's something else I need to tell you."

Anne raised an eyebrow and let out a breathless laugh. "You're not about to tell me you're a werewolf as well, are you?"

"No," Harry mumbled, shyly looking down at the ring and reaching over to grab it. He could feel Louis tensing up beside him and his hand squeezing tighter, but Harry was determined to prove his point by sliding that ring back on his finger and showing it off to his mom. "But, I am going to mate with one."

Key Components:
- Louis shows up at Harry's house with the ring in his hand
- Louis gets a call that Nick is in town
- Harry freaks out and follows Louis in to town (his mom is there)
- Nick is holding Anne and Harry hostage
- Nick and Louis begin fighting
- Robin, Stan and Mr. Lucas show up to stop their fighting
- Harry reveals that Robin is a wolf to the Lucas family
- Harry saves Louis from getting killed
- Nick gets chained up and taken away with Robin
- Harry admits werewolves exist to his mother
- Harry tells his mother he's going to mate with Louis

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 944 10
Harry and Louis have known each other their entire lives. 1 month old Louis met newborn Harry two days after he was born. At 4 years old they started...
7.2K 229 8
WHAT HAPPENS when arsenal wfc stargirl, maddie catley meets paige bueckers, and falls for her?
123K 3.9K 42
Minho and Jisung finds themselves in a problematic situation that can ruin ther careers as idols.
70.3K 3K 10
A sort of Bonnie and Clyde AU series with A/B/O thrown in the mix. Warnings: Criminal AU, Gay Smut and mentions of mpreg, Mpreg, Bottom!Louis, Top!Ha...