Would You Still Love Me?

By Pure_Wild_Fire

It's been 6 years since everyone left Hogwarts. Harry is the top Auror in the wizarding world, Ron married La... More

O n e
T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T w e l v e
T h i r t e e n
F o u r t e e n
F i f t h t e e n
S i x t e e n
S e v e n t e e n
E i g h t e e n
N i n e t e e n
T w e n t y
T w e n t y - O n e
T w e n t y - T w o
T w e n t y - T h r e e

S e v e n

1.5K 41 3
By Pure_Wild_Fire

"why would you ask that?! Draco oh my-" Hermione yelled. "It's not that personal a question!"

"Yes it is!"

"Well friends should answer personal questions"

"Fine. No I am not a virgin" Hermione scoffed. Draco came up behind her "was it Weasley?" He asked. "Yes Draco it was Ron" Hermione sneered. "I actually wasn't referring to that Weasley..." His voice trailed off. Hermione blushed wildly, feeling her cheeks heat up immensely. "I never had sex with Fred Weasley, that was a rumour" she stated.

Draco chuckled mischievously. "So you can openly admit that there was never anything between you two"

"I feel like I'm being interviewed"

"Well my many veiwers want to know the story"

"I'm done talking about this" Hermione affirmed although her blush started to spread to her neck.

"Comon give me something to work with" Draco pleaded mockingly. Hermione looked at him again with a different sort of spark in her eye. "What would your "veiwers" say if they knew your subject was flirting with the reporter?" She said, looking at him again with that weird glint in her eyes.

"Well... I... Um..." Draco stuttered as Hermione got closer and started to run her fingers over his arms. She grinned and started leaning in, only to pull away at the last second. "You should've seen your face!" She laughed. Draco quickly regained his mask.

"Not cool Granger"

"I got you Malfoy" she snapped back, smirking at him. "My turn for a question" she proclaimed. She put her finger on her bottom lip, thinking. "Ok. What was the most embarrassing thing you've ever done because of a crush?" She tilted her head, looking at him. Now she was curious.

"Well......I guess there was one summer where I went on vacation to Honduras with my parents." Draco started. Hermione moved her hands motioning to continue. "There was this girl in the room across from our hotel room, I liked her but she wouldn't fall for my charms I didn't-" Hermione sniggered quite loudly but bite her lip and looked back at Draco. "Is there something you'd like to share with the class, Miss Granger?" Draco asked.

Hermione giggled and shook her head. Draco continued "I kept trying to talk to her but she'd walk away everytime. One day we were down at the pool, she was in a swimsuit and I was in my tailored suit because I was just walking through and she looked up at me" Hermione was barely paying attention to what she was doing now, she was so wrapped up in his story. "I was running out of options and so I tried being cheesy and leaning against a pole but I mistook where the pole was and fell into pool, suit and all" Draco finished.

Hermione exploded into laughter, falling to the ground. She was just imagining Draco being soaking wet in a pool with a suit on. She laughed harder. "I can't......... believe.......you.......did that" she managed to get out between laughs. Draco rolled his eyes at her.

"Oh comon you don't find that funny?" She asked. Draco shook his head and pulled her off the ground. "The girl gave me her number after I got out of the pool" he smirked. "Well whatever I guess it's your turn for a question"

"Where's that necklace from" Hermione's hand instantly went to her neck trying to cover it. She stuttered but ended up removing her hands from her neck. "It's from my parents, the last birthday present they ever gave me" she whispered. "How did they die?" Draco whispered back, not wanting to startle her.

"They aren't dead" Hermione stated her face straightening up, even with silent tears rolling down. "Where are they?"

"They don't know me. I obliviated them during the wizard war and I can't reverse it. I've tried to talk to them they have no idea who I am!" She yelled, at this point quite distraught. Draco came closer to her and hugged her, letting her sob into his shoulder. She mumbled in between cries "they had another daughter, they named her Mione. It's not fair that's what they called me I'm their daughter" she sobbed.

Draco held her tighter. Draco was secretly glad he had asked and also regretting doing so in the first place. They were both orphans. He let go of her and pulled her into a side hug and continued walking. She continued to cry quietly.

∆ ∆ ∆

They had stopped in a clearing probably about 35 miles from the last one. Hermione was playing with Lucida, tickling her whiskers and laughing when she shook her head. Draco smiled in relief. It was good to hear her laugh again. A big part of the afternoon had consisted of crying, which he understood but was hard.

He had Lyra out and was training her. Having her dig up objects he had buried. "Good girl" he praised as she brought back his golden watch. He looked over at Hermione and her necklace again. He didn't want her to cry again but he wanted to do something special. "Find anything pretty, some sort of string and a sharp rock" he instructed Lyra.

She nodded her head obidiently and left to gather these objects. He went and sat by Hermione. "Hi Draco"

"Hi Hermione" she smiled again. "I've basically told you my darkest secret what's yours?" She interrogated Draco. Draco recoiled for a second than leaned towards her. "I think you probably know....."

"Tell me something no one else knows" he looked up at her debating whether or not to tell her this. "You were my first real crush"

"What?"

"I had a crush on you at Hogwarts but I knew my family wouldn't take it well so I stayed away and was awful to you" he admitted. Hermione was stunned but she managed to regain her voice. "You liked me?"

"Yes I liked you"

"How do you feel now?" Draco looked away, at the spot where Lyra had been not long ago. He contemplated this than looked back at Hermione and gave her the most honest answer he could "I don't know Hermione, your different, I'm different. We definitely wouldn't have been this close in Hogwarts"

Instead of backing away, Hermione got closer. "Yeah we wouldn't have been and I'm glad that now we're friends" Hermione shouted. Draco smiled and backed away.

She just completely friend-zoned you! His brain yelled. He tried to tell himself this didn't matter, he only thought of her as a friend anyway but he reacted differently.

"Wait you thought we were friends" Draco asked. Hermione looked shocked but nodded weakly. "I would've never come looking for you if the world wasn't in danger! That's not friends that people who are forced to be in the same space" he spat.

"We call each other by our first names and I made you touch a unicorn" she mumbled. "That's not being friends I don't have friends! At least not ones like you. You actually thought I'd want to be friends with a bushy haired beaver! A m-" he denied. Hermione stood bolt upright and looked straight into his eyes. "Don't even finish that. Say that word and I hex you and leave" she threatened.

"I'm glad we have an understanding" Draco announced and walked back to where Lyra was now waiting for him. Hermione looked on, trying not to acknowledge the tears in her eyes. She sat back down and pet Lucida again, rarely stealing glances at the blonde haired Slytherin but of course he didn't look back.

As Draco sat by Lyra he took the objects from her. "Good girl" he praised again. She had managed to get a roll of thread, an incredibly sharp piece of broken glass and many different pieces of jewels and other objects.

He looked back at Hermione for a second than turned back around. Why had he said all that to her?

She's made it clear she could never think of you as anything more than a friend, this helps you keep your feelings at bay if she's not your friend you can go back to thinking of her as nothing

"I don't have feelings" he protested in denial. He thought about how he never truly thought she was nothing. This was probably the best though for himself and for her. The more he thought about it he knew he was being selfish by pushing her away like this. "Just another reason she shouldn't have a 'friend' like me" he stated.

He started to work with Lyra again on training. Every now and than he would turn and look at the Gryffindor princess, hoping she would turn around and he could show her he didn't mean it. Or at least see her. "I probably would have scowled at her anyway" he thought. He still continued to watch every now and than but of course she didn't turn around.

∆ ∆ ∆

"So um when are we planning on stopping?" Hermione asked awkwardly. "Soon I guess, it's like ten" he answered just if not more awkwardly. Hermione nodded and slowed so she was behind him again.

She dug around in her bag. She heard Lucida hiss loudly as she brushed over her tail. "Sorry girl I'm looking for my phone" Lucida hissed a bit more than the hissing died down. Hermione dug the phone out of her bag. It was an older flip phone, she rarely used it. The only times she did was to talk to friends and even than she usually just apparated to them. But in rare occasions (like this one) it was better to call.

She scrolled through her contacts and pressed 'Ginny Potter'. It rang three times before she picked up "Hello" Ginny said.

"Hey gin it's Hermione"

"Why didn't you just come over?"

"I can't I have...........a guy with me and he's exposed so you can't come over either!" She spoke fast as she said all this. She mentally slapped herself.

That was the best you could think of!? Ugggggg. She thought.

"O...k I'm glad your getting back out there mione but um why are you calling me if your um 'boyfriend' is exposed?"

"Well I'm having some problems with this 'boyfriend' and I need some help"

"Ok who's this guy?" Ginny asked, immediately going into game mode. Hermione was silent for a long time debating what to tell her, she decided on the truth. "Draco Malfoy" she whispered, wanting to make sure Draco couldn't hear her.

It didn't matter. "YOU HAD SEX WITH DRACO FLUFFING MALFOY! HERMIONE JEAN GRANGER, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING! I GLAD YOUR TRYING OUT NEW PEOPLE BUT DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT HE-" Ginny screamed. Draco turned around in shock hearing all this. Hermione's cheeks exploded with color and her eyes widened as she pursed her lips.

Draco continued to stare at her as Ginny continued to scream. Hermione tried to speak but no words came out so she nodded her head and walked away from him to find a more secluded spot. Once she had she went back to Ginny. "He has changed Ginny he's not the same Draco we knew in school. What he went through changed him." She answered while looking over her shoulder making sure Draco hadn't followed her. Ginny breathed in deeply before continuing, keeping in her anger for her friends sake.

"I trust you and I trust your judgement that's the only reason I'm not over there now but I'm warning you be careful" Ginny finished. "I will be don't worry gills"

"Ok what do you need to talk about about Malfoy"

"Well he kinda got mad at me for no reason today, we are still um 'together' but he won't talk to me and I know he was lying about what he said. So what do I do now?" Hermione asked quickly, she wanted Ginny to tell her exactly what to do. It was hard to say it as though they were dating but she couldn't tell her the whole truth.

"Well if you really care about him for whatever twisted reason then you need to let him know that you know it's fake, don't let him walk away. Find out why!" She shouted again. Even if it was Draco Malfoy when Ginny got into a mood and decided she was gonna help she basically forgot supporting details, like that Hermione said she had slept with him. "Will it work though?"

"Do you want to be with him or not?" Ginny asked. Hermione thought about this. Did she want to be friends with Draco Malfoy? She thought about everything the past few days, how she had seen him, how he had acted. She remembered his smile, his real smile when she had seen it and thinking of it made her smile herself. Yes she did want to be friends with Draco Malfoy she knew this for certain.

"Yes I do" she answered unflinchingly.

"Than don't take no for an answer" Ginny replied. Hermione looked towards where she had came, where Draco was. "I won't bye gin" she promised. "Good luck Hermione" than she hung up. She walked through the trees back to Draco who was still waiting. Appearing to be thinking about something. She cleared her throat. "We need to talk"

∆ ∆ ∆

Hey people's,
I loved writing that phone call so much. Been one of my favorite things to write yet. Well that's not true I've liked some of the Dramione action that fun to write😊hoped you guys liked it please please please tell me if u do🙂😉. Things will be resolved and fixed between them. I had fun even wrote in a but of Fremione for those who ship both. I personally don't but I don't see any problems with people who do. Hoped u liked it, I had fun

U people are awesome,
Jules🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 509 15
WARNING: Graphic depictions of suicidal ideation, self harm, and depression The battle of Hogwarts is over and students have returned to finish their...
1K 43 13
Harry returns for his final year of Hogwarts, much to his dismay. Ron and Hermione at his side, things have changed and not many people know how to d...
2.5K 153 19
After the war, everyone returned to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry to finish their final year at Hogwarts. Hermione Granger is now head...
2.4K 94 5
He leaned back out when he was out of breath, breathing hard and staring into magnificent emerald green eyes with a visible blush on his neck and fac...