His Greatest Treasure - Capta...

By charlottes25

What if you had been kept apart from the man that you love for 200 hundred years? Tortured years by the Dark... More

The Crocodile
The Doctor
Tallahassee
Child of the Moon
Into the Deep
Queen of Hearts
The Cricket Game
The Outsider
In the Name of the Brother
Tiny
Manhattan
The Queen is Dead
The Miller's Daughter
Welcome to Storybrooke
Selfless, Brave and True
Lacey
The Evil Queen
Second Star to the Right
And Straight on 'Til Morning
The Heart of the Truest Believer
Quite a Common Fairy
Nasty Habits
Good Form
Ariel
Dark Hollow
Think Lovely Thoughts
Save Henry

The Lost Girl

4.7K 112 24
By charlottes25

David took the lead, he was cutting down the forest branches. He hated following a pirate's direction however he had no choice. He'd never been to Neverland before so he had no choice. Killian and Adelaide followed behind him with Regina, Emma and Snow following them.

"The ridge is just a few hundred paces up ahead."

"You really think we're going to be able to see Pan's hideout."

"From there, we should be able to see everything." Killian reassured the group, but they could tell from his voice that he was still quite tense about the whole thing. "Including where he's keeping your son."

"You know, I could have just poofed us up here in an instant."

"Where? Have you any idea what's up here or anywhere? There are dangers all about, only I can guide us past them."

"Killian is right, unfortunately he's lived here before." Adelaide said standing up for her husband against everything, "If he says that hiking up is the best way, then we ought to listen to him."

"Thanks love," Killian said kissing her on the head before continuing as Snow stopped to offer her daughter a drink.

"You know 'Mary Margaret' is a bit formal, you could always call me 'mom' if you want. You've done it before,"

"That was back when..."

"We were about to die, oh no I get it." Snow said, Emma walked off and Adelaide stopped by side's her sisters. She put her hand up against her sister's arms in order to give her comfort.

"Give her time Snow, she'll warm up to the idea of having a mother."

"Thanks Adelaide," Snow said grateful to her sister. They caught up with the rest of the group when Killian suddenly shouted.

"No! No!"

"I can handle a couple of thorns." David said pulling himself out of Killian's arms that was when Adelaide joined them at the front and was so glad that he did.

"No, that's dreamshade."

"And it's not the thorns you have to worry about," Killian insisted, he knew that this was going to be difficult. "It's the poison they inject you with, this plant is the source of the toxins my doppelganger used on the Dark One."

"The poison that almost killed Gold?"

"Indeed, doppelganger me used a concentrated dose – in its natural form, death would be much slower and far more painful. I suggest we go this way."

"We'll got this way," David said, before going in the opposite direction. Everyone followed him and Adelaide went to follow him too, but Killian stopped her before she could.

"He's a distrustful fellow,"

"He's just not used to working with people who have different ideals to him."

"You mean bad guys, because that's what he thinks I am," Killian said, Adelaide looked at him with a little bit of pity as she took his hand and kissed it in attempt to make him feel better. "I can assure him that on this island, I am not the bad guy."

"Yes, well in Storybrooke Pan's not supposed to be the villain either,"

"What could possibly give them that idea?"

"Every story they've ever heard."

"Well, they got it all wrong." Killian protested and it made Adelaide smile, at the look of him defending himself. It wasn't something she saw all the time. "Pan is the most treacherous villain I've ever faced."

"You don't need to tell me, love," Adelaide said with a small impression of Killian, which made him smile. She gave him a small kiss on the cheek before moving to walk off but Killian pulled her into his arms with a small smirk.

"Tell me something love, in these stories what was I like? Other than a villain, handsome I gather."

"If waxed moustaches and perms are your thing,"

"I take it by your tone, perms are bad?"

"Put it this way, I much prefer you as you are," Adelaide said kissing him only to be interrupted by a shout from David.

"Up here! We made it!"

"They do like to interrupt us." Killian said before they joined David and the other on the top of the ledge. They could probably see the whole of Neverland. Killian got out his telescope so that he could see Neverland in greater detail, "Pan lair should be just right..."

"Where? All I see is jungle,"

"Aye, the Dark Jungle. It's... grown so much since I last stepped foot in Neverland."

"So this nature hike was for nothing." Regina said frustrated, she hated that they'd wasted so much time.

"Hook may have led us astray but at least we're in a good position to start combing the jungle."

"Not exactly," Killian said knowing that they couldn't and shouldn't step foot into the Dark Jungle. It wasn't exactly a good place to go. "The Dark Jungle's the last place you want to set foot; we'll have to go around it. In order to do that, we're going to need our strength. I suggest we make camp."

"You want to sleep while my son is out there suffering?"

"If we want to live long enough to save the boy, yes."

"Emma are you all right?" Adelaide asked as everyone else moved away to make camp, Snow stayed back so that she could comfort her daughter.

"Regina is right, Henry's out there somewhere,"

"And Killian is right as well, we have to survive if we're ever going to get to him."

"I know," Emma said and Adelaide knew that wasn't the problem, it was a much deeper problem. Her child's life was on the line, Adelaide understood how that felt after all. "I just hope we're not too late."

"After everything your father and I have been through." Snow said coming up to her daughter to tell her what she honestly thought. "There's one thing we've learned, it's never too late."

*

Addy didn't really understand why she had offered to babysit for Regina. There was a city council meeting so she'd offered to look after the little baby Henry. She thought the boy was extremely beautiful. He was so sweet. Regina went through everything with her and Addy had never seen her so worried, leaving her baby in the hands of another was not something she was used to. But Addy reassured her, practically forcing Regina out of the house. The second his mother was gone however Henry just started to cry. So Addy spent the majority of the evening trying to soothe the baby. She just couldn't take her eyes of the baby. Henry had the tightest grip on Addy's finger as she sung him a lullaby. She had no idea where the lullaby came from but she'd known it for longer than she could remember. Eventually the lullaby worked and Henry fell straight to sleep. So continued the lullaby as she backed out of the room and closed the door gently.

Part of her loved doing this, almost as though this were her dream come true. Just looking at Henry's face made her heart beat a little faster. Almost as though she wanted a child of her own. But she knew how stupid that sounded, she was too young to ever consider having a child and Graham would never agree. So instead she just entered her own room and as soon as she turned the light on there was a tap at her window. She saw a stone being thrown at it, so she opened the window to see Graham standing in the garden.

"What are you doing here Sheriff?"

"Well I heard there was a citizen in need of rescuing."

"I am no Rapunzel," Addy said with a smile as she looked down into the garden. "Regina told me I can't let anyone in, there's an alarm on the door. She'd know."

"Who said anything about a door?"

"Graham!" Addy said in delight as he climbed up the guttering and up to Addy's spare room.

"I thought you might want some better company," Graham said as soon as he was in the room, he pulled off his shirt as soon as he was in the room. "After all, babies can't make good conversation."

"I have a feeling conversations not the only thing on your mind,"

"Certainly not," Graham said pulling Addy to him and initiated a long passionate kiss. It made her completely forget about babies as Graham pulled Addy onto the bed.

*

The musical sounds of pan pipes were filling the sleeping ears of everyone around the camp, all except one. Adelaide's. All her ears could hear was the crying of young boys. It was everywhere. She tried to ignore it but found that she couldn't. She tried to wake Killian, who still had his arm around her but he wouldn't stir. So instead she decides to follow the sound into the forest trying to find the source of the sound.

"You hear that too? I expected to meet Emma in these woods, but you'll do. You must be Adelaide right? The necklace gives it away." Adelaide's hand subconsciously went to the necklace that had laid on her chest since it had been returned to her. "I wonder why they can't hear the crying."

"Who are you?"

"Oh, did I forget to introduce myself. I'm Peter, Peter Pan," Pan said expected her to burst at him or start crying but Adelaide didn't react at all, she didn't want to give him that kind of satisfaction. He then started to circle Adelaide, almost as though her were examining her. She didn't show it, but she was extremely uncomfortable. "I expected you to have fire, I like fire."

"Where's Henry?"

"Henry's still alive, if that's what you're worried about." Pan said, he was enjoying this. Adelaide was more complex than he'd first thought, it took a lot of strength to just stand there and not look scared or react. She didn't even react when he went to move a piece of Adelaide's hair off her face and she didn't even grace him with a flinch. He knew the other's weren't that strong. She didn't know that she was that strong yet.

"You know very well that's not what I asked, why did you take him?"

"He's a very special boy Adelaide, though I'm sure you already knew that,"

"You still didn't answer my question. What do you want with Henry?"

"The better question is what do I want with you," Pan said enjoying the confused look on Adelaide's face. "You've always been unlucky haven't you Adelaide. First you're taken by a wizard away from your family, then on the very same night you married your love you were taken by the Dark One and held for two hundred years... not to mention the baby you lost,"

"How did you know about that?"

"I know everything... does your one handed love know the truth?"

"Of course," Adelaide said hesitating know that it was a lie, she just didn't want Pan to know the truth – she didn't want to give him a way to her.

"Liar," Now Adelaide graced him with a flinch, "I wanted to find the 'saviour' in these forest but leaving her a message will work just as well instead, I was going to leave her a map to finding the true treasure on this island."

"What are you talking about?"

"You've always been unlucky Adelaide." That was when she was attacked from behind. Adelaide found herself truly afraid as a bag was thrown over her head before she was knocked unconscious.

*

Killian awoke with a start the second Pan's pipes stopped playing; it didn't even take him a second to notice that Adelaide was gone. So he got the rest of them up and searching the forest for her. He would comb it all if he had to but he would find her. He was continuously shouting her name – in hopes that she'd just gone for a walk and would come back. He didn't care if Lost Boy's came after him, he would run each of them through if it meant he got Adelaide back – he had after all only just got her back. He couldn't, no he wouldn't lose her again.

"Guys over here!" Emma's voice yelled and Killian was at her side in a second, there in the tree was one of Pan's daggers pinning a note and Adelaide's chain on the tree. Killian held that chain in his hand, his glare was so sharp that the necklace could have melted in his hand as Emma stared at this piece of parchment attached to Pan's note. She'd read his note several times, each time making less sense each time.

"He so likes his bloody games,"

"What game? Last I checked, we're one down," Regina said, frustrated that they'd lost one of their numbers already to Pan – but she knew Adelaide. She wouldn't have wanted people to be concerned for her, she would have been more concerned about Killian who hadn't stopped pacing since Emma started to stare at the parchment. "And there's nothing on there."

"If he's said there's a map on that damn parchment then there is."

"Great. So if Pan's telling the truth if I just stop denying who I really am, whatever that means," Emma started, just as annoyed as Killian was. After all she had someone to lose if this didn't work too. "Then we'll be able to read this thing,"

"But how do we know Pan won't use it to lead us straight into a trap?"

"Because he doesn't need to," Killian explained, the evidence was right in his hands. If Pan wanted them, he'd have them it was as simple as that. "This whole island's his bloody trap."

"There's no sign of him or Adelaide anywhere,"

"Any luck with the map?" Snow said as she and David returned to the camp.

"Don't hold your breath."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Don't you see what he's doing?" Regina shouted, not understanding how she could be the only one of them to see this as clearly as she did. "Every second we spend talking about this is another second we're not looking for my son or Adelaide."

"You get a better idea?"

"Magic, if there's a lock on there." Regina said going to snatch the parchment off Emma, but Emma kept the map in her hands, knowing better, "I'll find a way around it,"

"Pan said it had to be me."

"I'd listen to Emma, breaking Pan's rules would be unwise and it'd be Adelaide who'd pay the price for your mistake."

"Sadly I agree with the pirate,'

"I'm winning you over, I can tell. Adelaide would be so proud,"

"And," Snow said ignoring the two men behind her as she talked to Regina, "Your magic doesn't exactly have a gentle touch, Regina."

"Use it on the map, it might blow up in all our faces."

"Well, that's a risk I'm willing to take,"

"Well, I'm not!" Emma and Killian said, both of them thinking about the ones who would be at risk if they did it.

"If I'm the one who's supposed to figure out this thing, I need to do what Pan said."

"Great,"

"She'll get there, hey. Don't give up, he's playing a game. You can win," As Snow reassured Emma, Killian thought back to the last time he was apart from Adelaide – it had been so permeant last time. He was more nervous this time, knowing that she's out there alone. He hoped that she knew he was coming for her, because this time he certainly was coming for her.

*

Adelaide sat alone in her cell, except she wasn't quite alone. She knew that she was pregnant. She just had to have hope that Rumpelstiltskin didn't know. She had already attempted to plot her escape or to get message to Killian that she was truly alive, she didn't want to be like this alone. She didn't want her child to be fatherless, or to be born into a life of captivity – never knowing what it's like to feel the air on its face or the grass in its toes. Part of her had hope that Rumpelstiltskin would let her go but she knew how naïve that was. So for now she settled for sitting by her only barred window feeling the fresh spring air on her skin – it was nothing compared to how the sea air had felt on her body but for now it would have to do. She had been singing Killian's special lullaby to her baby but Rumpelstiltskin had arrived to tell her to keep it down, so now she just sat talking to the baby once the dreadful man left.

"Hello baby, this is not what I wanted for you. I wanted so much more for you. If you wanted the stars I would give them to you. And your father, he would be so happy you were coming. He would protect you, to the ends of the world. You would have had a good life. I can't promise you any of that – I can't promise that you'll get the life you deserve but I can promise this. I will fight to you, till the end of the world. I will love you always, no matter what happens to me I will stay strong for you. I love you,"

*

Adelaide woke up, she had no idea where she was. It was startling. The first thing she noticed was that she was surrounded. There were Lost Boy's all around her. More importantly Pan was in front of her. She looked down to her left wrist to see that there was black cuff on it, similar to the one Greg and Tamara had used on Regina. This one was different she could tell.

"Do you like it?" Pan asked as Adelaide tried to pull it off but found that the cuff wouldn't budge at all, "I had it made specially for you, I wouldn't try taking it off. You'll just end up hurting yourself. See this cuff will ensure that you are on your best behaviour."

"Why have you brought me here?"

"It would seem that my boys need a mother, and you are a mother in need of children. It's the perfect solution."

"What makes you think that you can just take me and force me to do what you want?"

"Oh, there's the fire," Pan said bending down to where Adelaide was sitting, she hated this. "Do you want to know why you're going to do this, other than you have no choice?"

"Do enlighten me,"

"Because if you don't, I'm going to go back and tell your one-handed lover the truth. About how you were pregnant, then dearie old dark one came along and ripped your baby away from you without even a hesitation. That news alone could send our dear one-handed pirate on a war path." Pan continued darkly and Adelaide could no longer control her emotions, she was crying – she didn't care about Pan. But to think of it, think of Killian suffering as much as she was – it was heart shattering. "And then to pour salt in his cuts, I'm going to tell that the worse thing of all – is that you can never grace him with a-"

"Enough! Please just stop."

"Do we have a deal 'mother',"

"Yes we have a deal,"

"And one last thing," Pan said before his Lost Boys were to drag her to the camp, he pulled her closer and kissed her. After all he was notorious for stealing kisses. He could feel her willingness to pull away but knew that she couldn't, it just made him even more willing to keep her under his control but he knew he needed to keep his plan in place.

*

Back at camp Emma was still trying to stop denying who she really was. Killian had finally stopped pacing however he still was not calm; anyone could see that. With every failed attempt to reveal the map he got more and more frustrated.

"My name is Emma Swan,"

"I'd wager the solution to Pan's riddle is a bit more complicated than that." Killian said frustrated, Snow wanted to turn round and tell him to be quiet but knew that it wouldn't do anything is she did.

"Don't hold anything back,"

"I'm Henry's mother, I used to live in Boston and I was a bail bonds person. I am now the Sheriff of Storybrooke,"

"That election was a sham, are we really doing this?"

"Don't you think maybe you're leaving some things out?" Snow said to her daughter, still ignoring every outburst, she was just as worried about Henry and Adelaide as the others were.

"I'm the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming, which apparently makes me the product of true love. I was born in the Enchanted Forest and I was sent through a portal in a tree so that I could break a curse,"

"And you were able to break the curse because you're the..."

"Come on," Snow said trying to coax Emma into it. "You don't need to be embarrassed to say it,"

"Say what?" Killian asked, wanting to know exactly what Emma was holding back.

"The 's' word,"

"I'm the saviour," Emma said and everyone gathered round, expecting something to happen but the parchment remained just as blank as before. "I don't get it, I said I'm the saviour. There's nothing I've denied more than that,"

"Well clearly there is,"

"No," Snow said ignoring Killian's opinion but as always he didn't care, it wasn't going to change anytime soon. "It's okay, we'll figure it out,"

"No you won't,"

"Regina!" Emma said, jumping up as Regina took the map from her. Killian was alarmed as well, this woman was a real wild card – he had no idea what she would do.

"But I can, I'm beginning to think there isn't a map on here. That doesn't mean it can't lead us to Henry,"

"I thought we decided that using magic was a bad idea,"

"For once I agree with the prince," Killian said as David looked at him, he could only imagine the prince had no idea what was going on. So Killian couldn't resist a shrug, "Well I told you we're getting along, Adelaide would be proud."

"What the hell are you doing?"

"The locator spell," Regina said, ignoring everyone's plea to stop. "This parchment belonged to Pan, it'll lead us to him."

"So it appears we will be venturing into the Dark Jungle after all," Killian said as they all watched the parchment fly into the forest.

"You mean the place you told us to never set foot?"

"That's the one,"

"Well, Emma you said you wanted to be the leader – lead."

They continued to follow the parchment into the forest. Each of them feeling slightly relieved – it this worked then they would be with the people they loved in no time. None of them dared to think about what would happen if it didn't. It wasn't worth thinking.

"Ready to thank me?"

"Actually, yeah,"

"If you'd let me do it sooner, maybe we'd have found him by now. Wait." Regina said stopping the group, she could feel something and Killian knew something wasn't right. "He's there, Pan. I can feel his smugness,"

"Shall we? While we still have the element of surprise on our side?"

"Careful," Killian warned, following David's suit and pulled out his cutlass out. "He may look like a boy, but he's a bloody demon."

"Hey, we can do this. You can do this."

They continued on with their search, however they moved on with caution. All of them looking in every direction – expecting either Pan or his lost boys to come out of nowhere.

"No one's here, maybe your spell was wrong Regina,"

"Yes, blame me... again," Regina said, clearly not just talking about this situation.

"Guys..." Emma said spotting something, it almost looked like Henry. "Hold on, is that... Henry!"

"Hi Emma," Pan said turning around in Henry's clothes.

"Where the hell is Henry?"

"You broke the rules," Pan said with a smirk, as he looked at everyone's face – the anger and despair on their face as they knew how far away from their loved ones they were. "That's not fair, bad form. I expected more from you Captain, and Adelaide certainly did,"

"Aye, and you'll get it," Killian said, wanting more than ever to run the boy through but David held him back knowing it wouldn't be a good idea to do so.

"Give Henry to me,"

"Sorry, can't. Don't you know? Cheaters never win." Pan said, almost enjoying this. He liked seeing people so desperate. That was when Pan was joined by the Lost Boys and the group realised that they were surrounded. They all prepared themselves for the fight that was to come.

"Watch out for their arrows, they're laced with dreamshade."

They then thought the Lost Boys, Killian didn't care what the others were doing. All he cared about was himself. He needed to stay alive, after all Adelaide would bring him back from the death if he accidently got himself killed just so she could kill him for not being careful enough. He heard David shouting for his wife, and for a moment Killian saw an arrow slice David as he pushed his wife out of harm's way. Felix however went straight to him, wanting to get to fight him ever since their last battle. Felix went to bring his sword down to Killian however he used his hook to stop the sword from hitting him.

"It's been a while Captain,"

"Not long enough. You remember what I did to Rufio?" Killian asked with a dark smirk present on his face, knowing that Felix hadn't forgotten his equal and probably never would. He enjoyed as Felix let his anger get the best of him, knowing that his anger would be his downfall. "Well, it's a far worse fate for you,"

*

Killian had gone on a war path across Neverland. He and Pan had an agreement, they could do business with each other as long as the Lost Boys stayed away from the ship. But of course that meant nothing to Pan or his Lost Boys. They went where they like, when they like. And that seemed to include Adelaide's chamber on the Jolly Roger. Killian had returned the ship to see it hand been ransacked, when the crew saw Adelaide's door open they knew that this wasn't going to go well. The Lost Boys had messed everything up – the room that none of them had dared to change since she'd died. They knew after this; he would spend every minute in that room – he'd return it to how it had looked when Adelaide had last been in there. That was when he realised that the boys had taken Adelaide's necklace. So they'd hunted down the Lost Boys – who were only too happy to fight. Killian had seen Rufio and Felix at the top of the battle, and that was when he saw it. Adelaide's necklace, wrapped around Rufio's arm as though it were his trophy.

"You're going to regret this, mate."

"I regret nothing," Rufio said as he entered a battle with the Captain, but he'd underestimated the Captain's determination.

"Perhaps not yet but you will do, didn't anyone ever tell you that stealing is bad form." They fought, and it seemed as though their fight would go on forever – but then the Captain got the advantage, his sword went right through the boy. The Lost Boys then retreated, even though Rufio wasn't even dead yet – they knew Pan would be mad at them for their games. Killian kept his sword inside the boy, as he took the necklace off him, enjoying the look on the boy's face as he did. "No one steals from Captain Hook. Isn't that right men?"

"Aye!"

*

Killian continued to fight Felix with as furiously as he could. Then Pan whistled and all the boys obeyed. They retreated to his side. He stood over them all enjoying the power he had over them all. He'd seen now how hard they were willing to fight for the one's they wanted.

"Remember what I told you – that map will show you where your love ones are... only when you stop denying who you are." Pan said directly to Emma, "I'll make sure to send them your regards."

So they returned back to what they had been doing before Regina had taken over. Emma was continuously starting at a blank piece of parchment, in hopes to reveal a map. Killian and the Queen were sat together, where Killian sat glaring at the necklace in his hands.

"Okay why are you glaring at a chain?"

"I brought this necklace for Adelaide over two hundred years ago, it was supposed to protect her," Regina finally understood why he was upset with the necklace, inside he was blaming himself but he wanted something else to blame. Regina would know all about that, she'd done that her entire life. "It hasn't exactly done a bloody good job,"

"What happened to her isn't your fault,"

"Except it is, I've never been able to protect her. Not properly at least." Killian admitted for the first time out loud, when they had been younger it had been so much easier to protect each other. It was them against the world. However, as they grew older they knew that it truly wasn't the case. "Everything that's happened to her is because of me, I should have made her stay in Storybrooke."

"Do you honestly think that Adelaide, of all people, would have let you leave her in Storybrooke? She would have stowed away if that's what it would have taken. Adelaide's strong – you must have faith in her,"

"I have faith in her," Killian said, he had never doubted Adelaide's strength. Everything she'd lived through would have destroyed most people. "I don't have faith in Pan though,"

"No, his smugness you can feel a mile off. But if he's smart he'll keep her alive as an advantage." Regina said, hoping to comfort the man but it didn't. Keeping her alive wasn't what Killian was worried about, it was more what he did to his prisoners whilst he had them that concerned Killian. The pirate and the queen turned their attention back to Emma who was now sat with her mother. They couldn't help but see that both women were in tears, but for two very different reasons. Killian recognised the tears as the look of

"The map! It's working!" Emma shouted and Killian was by her side in a second ready to get back to his wife. "We know where they are?"

"Where?"

"Uh... we're here at the Southern tip of the isle," Killian said taking a good look at map in his hand. "In the middle of the Dark Jungle and Pan's camp lies due north. That's where he'll be keeping them."

"What are we waiting for?"

"Trust me, I want to get there as soon as you do as well, but the terrain's not easy. There will undoubtedly be some nasty impediments along the way - we should prepare." Killian hated that this meant leaving Adelaide with Pan for a little bit longer, but if it meant they had a higher chance of saving her he was willing to do that.

"We only made it out of our last encounter because Pan let us, we need a new plan."

"Agreed," Emma said agreeing with her father and Killian. "It's time we stop playing his game and he starts playing ours."

"And if I disagree?"

"Go ahead, but I think you know our best chance is together."

"You'd better be right," Regina said, hating every single moment on Neverland.

"Excellent show of patience Swan, and that's what defeats a nasty little boy." Killian said, admiring her technique to keep Regina under control. He then popped open his handy rum bottle – he took a swig before offering it to Emma.

"I hope so... is rum your solution to everything?"

"No, Adelaide is normally my solution to everything however with her gone rum certainly doesn't hurt... so just how did you unlock the map?"

"I did what Pan asked,"

"And just who are you Swan?"

"Wouldn't you like to know," Emma said with almost a joke, but Killian's face said that this was no joke.

"For my wife's sake, I would."

*

Adelaide stopped just before Snow's chamber door, she needed time to prepare herself for what was around the corner. Snow had requested her company in the nursery. Snow was now heavily pregnant, there was only months left of her pregnancy. And whilst the Evil Queen's threat was still present in everyone's mind, Snow wasn't about to let it ruin the most important time in her life. So much so that she didn't notice her sister's dismay. Adelaide wore her sadness underneath a mask of happiness, and she wore it well. Well enough that her family couldn't see the ways she truly felt. Charming had noticed her sadness though, he'd believed that she was worried about their family and suggested that they make Adelaide their child's godmother. She accepted but she still hurt. She didn't know what she would do when the princess was born. She quickly composed herself before she entered the room to see Snow pacing – trying to get the unborn princess to settle down.

"Adelaide, there you are. Would you please talk to her, she stops kicking when she hears your voice,"

"Of course, take a sear." Adelaide said, guiding her sister to a rocking chair. She then sat on the floor, so that she was directly next to her sister's bump. She had never been as pregnant as Snow was now, and to see it brought heartbreak to her. "Hello Emma, you're so loved. Your mother and father have been preparing for your arrival for a long time. There's something you should know, that no matter what happens to you or to them they love you. You are the product of true love, and you will be loved. Something I know about your parents is that no matter what they will always find each other and they will always find you."

"She's stopped kicking, can you sing her your special song?"

"Anything for my god-daughter," So Adelaide sung Killian's lullaby to another child that faced an unsure future.

*

Adelaide watched as the Lost Boys left. She wanted to run, but she knew she couldn't. Pan's cuff had extreme magic – she knew that from the kiss. Every time she thought back to when he kissed her she was disgusted, it was so forced. There were no emotions behind it, every kiss with Killian meant something but Pan's were just so wrong. So instead of thinking about it more she spent her time with the younger lost boys, they were so young. So scared. She knew straight away that they needed a mother so much more than she needed a child. That was possibly the worst part of this whole circumstance. She knew in her heart that these boys has been taken from their mother's under false pretences of a better life.

"Are you our new mother?" The youngest of the boys asked her, as he clung to her leg. He'd clung to her ever since she'd gotten to the camp.

"No I'm not – I can never replace your mother, but I am going to look after you for a while. And I think it's about time that a young man like yourself gets to bed."

"But I'm not sleepy,"

"Your yawn says otherwise," Adelaide said, picking up the young boy up as he continued to yawn. She sung her special lullaby, which only made the boy drowsier. She eventually got him down to sleep.

"That was beautiful,"

"It wasn't meant for you,"

"Oh, you're just getting feistier and feistier mother," Pan said enjoying this, as he walked up to her and enjoyed her flinch. "I was going to give you a welcome home gift, but only if you behave."

"What sort of present?"

"Well that depends... are you going to behave?"

"I don't have a choice do I?" Adelaide stated for him to hear, his smirk just grew wider again.

"Adelaide!" Adelaide quickly turned to see Henry, she rushed to him and took him in her arms. She was just so glad to see him, and she could tell that he was almost as relieved to see her as she was with him. "How are you even here?"

"Pan took me, brought me here."

"Where are the others, are they coming for us?"

"No, Henry," Adelaide said in tears, knowing that her words were not her own and not true . She wanted to tell him the truth but she knew they couldn't. "There not coming for us, I'm so sorry."

A/N: 

       Hope you guys are still enjoying this story - let me know, vote and comment. Honestly every single comment makes my day and I love to here from you guys

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.8K 2.7K 22
After her ship faces a dreadful storm, Princess Emma is rescued by a group of pirates led by Killian Jones. With hate standing between them, Emma ac...
2.2K 143 16
I do not own any of the characters from once upon a time only my ideas. This is a story of what would happen,if Emma was a pirate and knew Killian an...
17.8K 684 15
When Regina thinks she has finally started on a good path, she finds herself saving the man she loves from the same Darkness that pained him and hers...
83.7K 5.7K 33
Emma Swan thought that falling for a guy, at first sight, was impossible, until one day she met Killian Jones aboard a train. The strong and unexpec...