Staking Claim

By CRSchofield

Tommy Williams was your average highschool teenager. He got good grades, worked hard, and had an amazing best... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Author's Note
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 5

845 32 2
By CRSchofield

Okay guys here is chapter 5 of Staking Claim. I'm gunna be honest with you guys and say that I don't really have the motivation to continue on with this story and actually make it into a book like I originally planned. I've been thinking about making into a short story. This will probably be the last chapter unless I decide other wise. I'm sorry I just have so much going on right now with getting ready to leave for college and saying my goodbyes to my family and friends. I will try and make this a really good ending for Tate and Tommy.

    Tate stood in front of me still. His eyes were wide, reflecting shock. I don't think I'd ever seen him this quiet. "I shouldn't have told you.... I'm sorry. I- I understand if you want to move out and never speak to me again. But please don't leave before saying goodbye to Angel. It would kill him if he couldn't say goodbye." I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes so I looked down so Tate wouldn't see. My hands were shaking uncontrollably and a sob ripped through my body without permission. Tate was suddenly in front of me, his hands gripping my cheeks. He forced my face up, his thumbs rubbing away the tears that had escaped. "I'm not going anywhere Tommy. The one person whose ever made me feel a different kind of love for someone admitted that he was in love with me... Why would I ever leave?"

I shook my head, pushing Tate's hands away from me, "What the hell are you talking about?" I was on the verge of screaming, I could barely keep calm. Tate grabbed my hands, pinning them against his chest, "You have always made me feel different than everyone else has. All those girls at school didn't matter because I was always paying attention to you, not them. When I first started to noticed how different things were between you and me, I was confused and... mad. I couldn't understand why you were always on my mind. Why did this annoyingly stubborn, strong, independent guy have my attention like this? All this time I've been trying to figure out these feelings that I have; moving in with you, getting as close to you as possible, trying to earn your trust. All of that was me trying to figure you out and why you had my attention. I still don't know why but I do know that I don't care anymore. You just said you loved me, you said that I made you fall in love with me; that's all I care about." Tate leaned down closer to me, his breath fanning out around my face.

    "What are you saying Tate?" I asked, my heart beating faster than ever. I could feel the hope bubbling up in my chest, but I tried to keep it suppressed. It was hard, but I managed, barely. Tate rolled his eyes at me, a small smirk playing on his face, "I can't believe that you are this oblivious Tommy." And before I could say anything back, Tate had leaned all the way down towards me, his lips pressing down hard on my own. His hands slid down from mine to my arms to my waist. He pulled me tight against his chest, causing me to gasp. Tate took the opportunity to deepen our kiss, his tongue brushing mine playfully. I ran my hands up from his chest to wrap around his neck loosely. I pulled Tate closer, walking backwards until we fell onto my bed, Tate's weight crushing me perfectly into the sheets. I groaned, running my fingers through the short hairs at the nape of his neck. Tate grinned against my lips, tickling my bottom lip with his tongue. We kissed for what felt like hours before we pulled apart. I was panting but Tate contained from my lips to my jaw, kissing, licking, and sucking on any skin he could reach. I let him for a few minutes before pushing at his shoulders. Tate got the message and leaned up off me, resting his weight on his forearms. "What's wrong?"

    "We should talk about this Tate." I said. Tate let his head hang down, before looking back at me, "Like we did not five minutes ago? I thought we already talked about this." He tried to lean back down to kiss me but I moved my head, causing him to kiss my cheek instead, "No you talked, said some stuff about your feeling then kissed me. That's it."

"Exactly! What else is there to talk about?" Tate asked, a puzzled look on his face. I rolled my eyes, pushing at him to get off of me, "Get up. I can't talk to you seriously like this." Tate scrambled off of me, allowing me to move to the top of my bed, leaning against my back board. Tate sat down in front of me, his hand immediately going towards my foot, tracing my ankle bone with his thumb, "Okay fine. Let's talk." Tate nodded at me to go ahead. I took a deep breath for starting, "Do you have feeling for me?"

"Tommy-." I put my hand up stopping him from continuing, "Just answer the question. Please." Tate nodded, scooting closer to me, "I thought it was obvious, but yes, Tommy. I have feelings for you. Romantic feelings." I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. It took my a few seconds before I could continue, "You said you still didn't know."

"I don't know how or why I have these feelings. Not that I didn't have feelings for you." Tate grabbed my hands, "You make me happy. Just by seeing your smile my day becomes ten times better. I know that you make me happy and that's all I care about." I looked into his eyes, seeing nothing but the truth. I nodded, but still pulled my hands away from his, "What about people at school? They will talk. Do you think you can handle that?" I asked, wrapping my hands around my middle. I tried to keep the insecurities out of my voice, but I knew I failed. Tate looked angry, his eyes narrowing at me, before he took a deep breath, running his hands through his hair, "Do you honestly think that I give a shit about what those assholes think at school. I'd like to see them mess with you now." I couldn't help but let shock cover my face. How did Tate know about them? "Did you honestly think I didn't know about what Jake and Trent have been doing to you? They're lucky they are still alive. If it wasn't for Brody, they wouldn't be." I gasped, pointing an accusing finger at him, "You're the reason they've left me alone. I thought they were planning something big and were waiting for the right moment to get me." I started hitting Tate in the arm and chest, "You should have told me. I was terrified every day." Tate grinned, pinning me to his chest, before falling backwards so I was resting on top of him.

    "You don't have to worry about that anymore. You don't have to worry about me being scared of being with you in public. You don't have to worry about anything else Tommy. I want you more than anything or anyone. You are mine and I am yours. Do you understand?" I grinned, hiding my face in his neck, before nodding, "Good, now can we go back to making out?"

                                                ***********

    That week passed by fast, mostly because school was out for half of the week. I can't say that those few days we had off were used wisely. Tate had me distracted most of the time. Everyone at school were still gawking at us every where we went. It had pissed Tate off so bad, that in the middle of the crowded lunch room, he had kissed me long and hard before yelling at everyone to leave us alone. I was mortified but it got people to calm down with the staring.

    I wasn't suprised at all when Anna McCormick cornered me one day. Anna was the very definition of the 'it girl'. She had long blonde hair that went down to her butt, baby blue eyes, and of course she was the captain of the cheerleading squad. She was also one of the girls that was obsessed with Tate. I had just come out of the library, heading towards my locker, when she came out of no where and knocked all my books out of my hands and onto the ground, "Well well well, if it isn't the little gay boy. How does it feel to be the joke of the school?" I must have looked confused because she snorted, shaking her rather large Barbie head at me, "You don't honestly think that Tate wants to be with you. Obviously Tate thought you would be a good hole to fuck, why else would he be with you? Once he's done with you he'll come back to me." I heard enough and tried to push past her, willing to leave all my stuff on the ground just to get away from her and her words, but she pushed me hard into the wall behind me, causing me to hit my head on it, "Where the hell do you think you're going? I'm not finished with you yet, or better, they aren't finished with you."

Trent and Jake Smith came around the corner, an equally terrifying smirk on both of their identical faces. Ever since I had came out as gay my eight grade year, these two have made my life a living hell. I gulped, looking around for an escape route. Luck must have been on my side because before they could have done anything, Brody had saw them and was stalking this way. He knocked the twins away from me, causing them both to fall on their asses, both their eyes were wide from shock. I guess they didn't notice him, "I thought Tate and I told you fuckers that if you ever laid a hand on Tommy again, we'd make you regret it. Since you seemed to have broken our deal, I guess this means you do want to get your asses kicked again. Hold on, let me call Tate. It shouldn't take him to long get here-." Before Brody could even grab his phone, the twins had scrambled up, taking off down the hall.

Brody smirked for a second before turning to Anna, "You. How many fucking times does Tate have to tell you that he is not interested in you and has never once been interested in you! I'm not a woman hitter but that doesn't mean I won't scare the shit out of you if you ever come near him again." Brody was leaning down towards Anna, a mean dangerous look on his face. Anna tried to look like she wasn't scared but wasn't very good at it, "Whatever. Tate's not worth it anyway." She flipped her blonde straw like hair over her shoulder before stomping away. Brody turned to me, scanning over me to make sure I was unhurt was my only guess. He grinned at me soon after realizing I was fine, "Sorry about that. I hope I didn't scare you. Gage has never seen me like that so can we maybe keep this between us?" Brody said, talking faster than I'd ever seen him talk. I laughed, waving him off, "You didn't scare me Brody. Thank you, I'm pretty sure you saved me from a months worth of hurting, and yeah, we can keep this from Gage, at least the part where you were a complete bad ass." Brody grinned at me again.

    "Come on, we better hurry and get to your locker before Tate has a heart attack waiting for you." I nodded, leaning down to help Brody pick up my stuff from the ground. Once I had it all back in my arms Brody led the way to my locker, than out to the parking lot towards his and Tate's trucks. Tate had a huge, black, 2012, GMC, and Brody had the same but in a silver color. I saw Tate before he saw me; he was staring down at his phone, twirling it between his fingers, his eyebrows were pointed downwards, giving him a worried facade. He looked up and saw me and immediately is demeanor changed; his eyes lit up and his boyish grin covered his face. I practically skipped towards me, allowing him to pull me in a hug when I got close enough, "What took you so long?" He grumbled, kissing the top of my head. I giggled, pulling back slightly so I could look up at him, "Just your favorite stalker keeping me behind?" Tate looked at Brody, who had Gage hanging off his back like a nap sack, with a confused look.

    "Anna decided that Tommy was a threat to her nonexistent relationship to you and somehow convinced the Smith's to take care of Tommy." All three of us watched as Tate's expression turned from relaxed to pissed in seconds, "Don't worry. I saved the day." Brody grinned.

    "After the last time, you would think that those dipshits would realize to never even look at him again." Tate ground out, tucking me safely against him. Behind me, Gage snorted, "You know Anna probably said she'd let them feel her boob or something and that was good enough for them." Brody laughed, gripping onto Gage's arms so he could move him off of his back.

    "I've got to get home, still grounded, but let me know if we will be beating some assholes anytime this week." Brody said, opening the passenger side door for Gage. I waved goodbye, before burrowing my face into Tate's jacket, trying to warm up my slightly frozen face.

    "I thought I had finally staked my claim on you Tommy. But apparently some people just want to challenge that." Tate said with a grin. I turned my head upwards, matching his grin with my own. I pushed my self as close as I possibly could get before speaking, "Well, I for one, am very glad that you decided to stake your claim on me Tate."

Alright guys. This is the end of Staking Claim. Like I said above I just don't have the motivation anymore to make this story any longer. I'm sorry if the ending was disappointing at all to you guys but I just couldn't hold onto Tommy and Tate any longer. I hope you enjoyed it at least a little bit so please vote, comment, or share the story.

-AwkwardTeen

PS..... I love you guys so much and THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOVED THIS STORY AND THE CHARACTERS. YOU GUYS MEAN SO MUCH TO ME.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 141K 47
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
2.1M 113K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
24.6K 1.3K 26
Rain,it's supose to have the gently soothing type sound to it , but Rain the boy who's voice is never heard may change that idea to many. Well that i...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...