Hearing Her Melody

KatnissTris123 द्वारा

Eighteen year old Ella Hart is your typical good girl, with a 4.0 GPA and all the good grades. She doesn't li... अधिक

Hey Guys!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Hey Guys....
Chapter 7
1k Reads!!!
Hearing Her Melody
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 3

474 21 4
KatnissTris123 द्वारा

Hey Guys!
So here it is. Another update. Oh and I've put  a song up. AND Chase will finally be introduced in this chapter. Here we go! 😉

Ella's POV 🎤🎧

Holy Shit! I'm screwed.

Ryder stood in my room, his back against the wall, with his signature smirk. 

'How was he in my room? ' I thought.

 I peered behind him and saw that the window was open. I had forgotten to close it.

Oh so he jumped into my room. Creepy.

I took a step back, but I had forgotten that the dustbin was behind me, so I tripped.

You maybe thinking this was going to be the typical cliche scene where the boy catches the girl and all that cheesy stuff but no, I tripped and fell. On the ground. My face flushed red in embarrassment.

'Way to go, Ella.' I thought, 'He must have already thought that your voice was terrible. Now you go ahead and embarrass yourself even more.'

Ryder laughed and said, "Wow, you look like a tomato right now."

I just frowned and thought, 'Yeah a fat, healthy tomato. Look Ella, even Ryder knows it. You're not perfect. And you'll never be. Just admit it.'

"Hello? Are you listening?" Ryder snapped his fingers in front of me, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry. I zoned out." I said and smiled sheepishly. He sighed and said, "As I was saying, I didn't know you could sing. Amazing isn't it? The school nerd can sing. I never knew that."

"I'm not a nerd." I said trying to change the topic.

"Are too." He said.

"Am not"

"Are too" 

"Am not."

"Don't change the topic," he said and smirked. He had figured out my plan. "Now, how would the school react when they know about this."

Just then he took out his phone and played a video. I was singing in the video, my eyes closed, with a peaceful smile on my face. For a moment, it looked as if all my worries and stress had vanished into thin air. But deep inside I knew reality. I knew that life was not life without worry. Without anxiety. Without pain. Without fears. Without these things life was just a meaningless word.

The video ended and then I wave of panic spread through me.

"Please, don't show this to anyone. Please don't!" I pleaded, my voice shook.

He scoffed and said, "You know, for a nerd you're really stupid. Do you really think I will just delete this and get this over with? With every wish comes a price. That's how the world works."

"Please don't show this to anyone! Please, I'll do anything! Anything!" I practically begged him.

"Anything?" Said a voice and a boy came from behind. He was as tall as Ryder with black hair and blue eyes. Chase.

Oh, I am such a forgetful person. I forgot to mention Chase Carter. He was Ryder's best friend. Mischief Maker No.2. Ryder's sidekick in trouble. Also the second 'most hottest guy in school' according to the cheerleaders. Their words not mine.

He must've been with Ryder so he knows my secret.

"Uh........." I said, not sure what to say right now. There were two options.

1. Let Ryder show this video to the whole school, so they find even more reasons to embarrass me. To give me those disgusting looks containing even more revulsion than before. Which I can't bear. 

2. Do anything for Ryder. Anything. Which was a dangerous decision. Hell, he could even use me as a one night stand. The thought makes me shudder. But at least it would be better than all those looks. Those looks that let me down.

I stared at the two boys and made my decision.

"Yes, I will do anything." I said. They both smirked and high fived each other.

"But wait!" I said, "There has to be some rules. 1. Sex is not included in this deal. No one night stands. 2. Don't make me do irrational and stupid things that I'm not ready for yet. 3. This will only last for two weeks."

"Deal." The boys say in unison, with two smirks on their faces. I so wanted to slap them off their faces. Chase turned and jumped into the next house while Ryder still stood there.

"What do I do?" I asked with a sigh. 

"Now, why in such a rush Star? I'd like to think of something good. Our deal starts next week." He said, smirking.

The only thing that registered in my mind was star. He used to call me that. Only him and mom. But when dad died, she called me by my usual name as I would start screaming at her if she called me that. Tears pricked in my eyes and I clenched my trembling hands into fists, my nails digging into my palms to keep the tears from falling.

"Don't call me that!" I said, practically screaming.

"What? Star? Why not? I think it suits you. You could be a superstar." He said.

"Just don't call me that." I said my voice sounded hoarse.

"Okay. Fine, I won't. Happy?"

I just nodded in reply. The feelings were returning and all the memories that I had tried to forget were coming back to me.

"Are you okay?" Ryder asked.

"Yeah, you can go now." I said.

"Yup. See you after one week." He said and winked. Then he jumped into the next house. I closed the window and let the tears fall.

I sobbed hysterically letting all the emotions bottled up inside me out. And I understood.

Sometimes it was okay to cry.

***************************************************

Surprisingly the week flashed by quick without any encounters from Ryder and Natalie. 

Today was Friday (my favourite day as it was starting the weekend). I was at home doing my homework. Yeah, I did my homework on Friday so the rest of the weekend was free. Nerdy, I know but good idea as well.

So I was quietly solving math problems until, well the phone rang. It was Katie.

"Hey girl. Let's go shopping!" She said her voice excited.

"Not today, Katie."

"Oh come onnnnnn.... "

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"No."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

"Nope."

"I'll buy you pizza." She said knowing I'd give in.

I mean, who wouldn't? Pizza is HEAVEN. Food heaven.

"Okayyyyy. You win. I'm going." 

"Yes! OMG get ready. I'm coming in five!"

"Ughhh!" I groaned and stood up. This was going to be a long afternoon.

************************************************

"Oh! Let's go to this shop." Katie said and entered 'Forever 21'

I sighed and followed her in like a lost puppy. We had been shopping for four fricking hours!

And my feet felt numb. Literally numb.

I was thinking about the deal I had made with Ryder. I don't know what he was going to make me do. I hope it isn't something stupid. Because we are talking about Ryder here and God knows what's going on in that boys head.

"I hope it isn't the wrong decision." I muttered.

"What isn't a wrong decision? Tell me! Tell me!" Katie said, excited.

Only Katie and mom knew about my singing. And now Ryder and Chase did too. Which was BAD. REALLY BAD.

"I made a deal with Ryder." I blurted and clamped my  hand on my mouth. I shouldn't have said that.

"Ooooooohhhhh! Juicy gossip!" She exclaimed and I had to tell her. Each and every detail.

"Rydella is perfect!" She said after I had finished.

"What do you mean?"

"I totally ship you! Ryder and Ella. Rydella!" 

I head slapped myself. This girl gets so much on my nerves sometimes.

"We have nothing between each other, Katie. Absolutely NOTHING! We LOATHE each other."

"Keep telling that to yourself. I know what I know."

I groaned in frustration. She took out a shirt and shoved it into my arms. "Try this."

I entered the changing room and looked at the size. Small.

I tried it on but it was too tight. I looked at my reflection and saw all the flaws.

Look at yourself, Ella. You see, Natalie was right. You're the fat blob. You're not pretty at all. Do you see any beauty? You're nothing like Natalie and all her minions. You're nothing at all. You're just a fat cow. Go loose some weight. 

A tear trickled down my cheek. "Ella, should I come in?" Katie called out.

"No, I'm fine. It's okay." I said and changed back into my clothes.

I felt nauseous and I felt as if I was a revolting and disgusting girl. 

"Hey, let's eat the pizza you wanted. After all a deals a deal." Katie said as we exited the shop.

"No, I-I'm not hungry anymore." I said.

"Is this about the Natalie thing?  If it is-"

"No" I cut her off, "Not at all. I just ate before I came."

"Okay." She replied, finally letting it go.

*********************************************

When I reached home, mom had arrived. She told me to eat dinner but I rejected.

"Is everything okay, honey?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine mom. Just tired. I'm going to sleep. Good night mom."

"Good night, honey."

I entered my room and cried my heart out. For my dad. For my ugliness. For not being perfect.

I was tired of myself. So freaking tired. 

Before falling asleep, I faintly remember emerald green eyes and a voice saying, "it's alright, Ella, I'm right here." 

Surprisingly it resembled Ryder's voice.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovelies!

End of chapter 3. I hoped you like it. 

What do you think Ryder will make Ella do in those two weeks?

Comment and vote. Please don't be silent readers.

Until then............😏😏

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

257K 8.1K 50
Bad girl of the school, Faye Lenards, is in for a ride when she gets partnered with the infamous bad boy, Paxton Lenox. Annoyed at all of his smart c...
Dare Ava Kingsley-Adamak... द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

347K 14.4K 32
"Ella here, has to make Theo Parker fall in love with her, and then she has to break it off with him just before prom," Aimee declared, causing the b...
The Mafia's Son ehrikuhhh द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

5M 110K 65
Hailey Summers. I knew she was gonna be a problem for me the second my eyes fell on her in the school hall way that day. I didn't know anything abou...
Itˋs All In My Head jelo द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

481 50 4
Jolene was an average girl. Some would say there was absolutely nothing special about her. Yes, she was smart, but thatˋs pretty much it. Her looks w...