Fantasy ~ A Klaus Goldstein S...

Von _omphalos_

Aurelia Lancroft has been an official student of Gedonelune for all of 6 months now, and Winter has finally r... Mehr

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Author's Note: Change

Seven

566 16 3
Von _omphalos_

I woke up the next morning with my quilt draped delicately over my body. My hair was strew over my shoulders and my body was sprawled out in a manner that I actually considered to be cute.

Noticing Klaus's absence in my bed, I sat up slowly, blinking the suns bright rays from my unwelcoming eyes.

Rubbing my eyes, I scanned the room for Klaus. It was never like him to leave before I woke up after we made love. Every time I could recall, he always stayed with me through the night to make sure I was alright.

Sure enough, I caught a glimpse of his hair across the room next to a tea set, and smiled warmly.

He turned around then, carrying with him a cup of warm tea and it's saucer.

He was also shirtless I noticed, a blush heating my cheeks as I tried to pry my eyes off his muscular chest.

I looked away, pulling my blanket even closer and stretching out like a cat first thing in the morning.

Klaus chuckled as he neared me, sitting on the edge of my bed next to me and handing me the warm cup.

"Be careful, it's a bit hot." He warned as I took his kind gesture with a smile.

He placed a gentle kiss to my forehead, "Good morning, sweetheart."

I smiled a glowing smile, "Good morning, darling."

Klaus fought off a grin when I used the more intimate name. I'd been getting better about being more open with him in private, and he always looked so happy when I succeeded.

Smoothing down my hair with one hand and holding my hand with the other, Klaus said gently, "I hope I wasn't too rough with you last night. Are you alright?"

I shook my head, "I'm perfectly fine. You're always so gentle, Klaus— you touch me as if you might break me."

He chuckled, "It's not impossible. You're... petite."

I gasped in mock offense and Klaus rolled his eyes with a smile still on his face. With a kiss to my temple, he stood.

"Well, finish your tea and get up. We're meeting everyone for breakfast in an hour and then you and I are going out."

A sipped my tea, "Out? Where to?"

He sighed, "Must you always try to ruin my attempts at surprises?"

I giggled, "Fine."

I watch him walk over to my suitcase, reaching down and pulling out my black Lolita dress, tossing it at me and saying, "Wear this today."

I cocked my head, "Why this one?"

"Because I like how you look in it. Now stop questioning me and just do as you're told." He said authoritatively, signaling to me that my sweet Lover Klaus was no back to his usual no-nonsense demeanor.

Klaus turned away while I stood and dawned my robe. Curiously, I approached the window and drew the curtains back, beaming out at the blanketed white ground and flakes flying through the air.

"Klaus, it's snowing!!" I exclaimed, glee all too evident in my voice.

Klaus chuckled, coming beside me and looking out the window as well, "So it is. All the better reason to wear that dress, too."

I rolled my eyes.

~~~~~~

A little while later, Klaus escorted me down to breakfast where the rest of the Goldstein family awaited us.

The first thing that caught my attention was Silas's absence.

Mother, noticing my dress and high socks, grinned and sighed, "How wonderful it is to see such a vision this morning."

I blushed, dipping my head in thanks, "You're too kind."

I'd keep it a secret that Klaus practically forced me to wear such form-fitting clothes.

Briefly I caught a glimpse of Klaus and his father- their eyes met, and Klaus gave a subtle nod.

Quickly I looked away, bewilderment picking at my thoughts.

What was going on? What was so strange about my gift that they refused to acknowledge it?

While I wasn't paying attention, Klaus had led me over to the table and now pulled my seat for me, ushering me to sit.

We all sat and began our breakfast, the conversation sparse until Silas made his presence known throughout the room.

  "Mornin'" he slurred, his eyes droopy and his movements slow.

It was obvious the state he was in. Klaus tried to fight off a glare as he placed a protective hand on my knee.

"Silas," Mother said distastefully, a stern look on her face. "You overdid your alcohol last night, didn't you? What's the matter with you?"

But he paid her no mind as he approached his father, who looked at him with disdain on his face.

Silas made a gesture toward me, his eyes hard and cold, and said something that caught me off guard.

"So have you told her, yet?"

Klaus shot his brother a murderous glare, and Father looked at his son angrily, "Silas, that's enough."

Quickly I spoke up, "Told me what?"

Silas turned his eyes on me now, smirking and letting a fairly too light-hearted chuckle, "So they haven't told you the truth, have they?"

Exasperated, I huffed and fixed my eyes irritability on Klaus, "What is he talking about?"

"Aurelia, he's hungover. He's just spouting nonsense, really." Klaus assured me, features set sternly toward me.

"Oh so now you're lying to her?" Silas laughed. "Some way to treat your lover."

With a growl and definitely fed up, Klaus stood from his chair and spoke in a deathly calm voice, "Silas. Let's talk outside."

"Absolutely not!" Mother interjected then, standing from her own chair and moving toward Silas.

"A woman can't even enjoy a nice meal with her family without..." she rove, taking Silas by the forearm and leading him away.

Stopping in the door way, she turned to her husband and stated plainly, "Walter. I'm going to dispose of this drunkard and then you are going to meet me upstairs and tell me what is going on."

Then she turned her wrath on Klaus, "And you had better not be lying to that woman, Klaus Goldstein, you hear?"

Then she was gone, leaving Klaus and his father to heave defeated sighs.

I was absolutely livid.

To my right, I heard then the tinkling sound of giggles as the twins snickered toward each other.

Noticing my watching them, they leaned from their seats and whispered, "Klaus is a Mommy's boy. Dunno if we've ever seen him get scolded by her before."

Augustus, oblivious to the morning's events, sat in his chair playing with a set of prisms.

"Klaus," Father said as Klaus began to move from his chair.

All he did was nod to his father, his face grim as he turned back to me.

Finally the mornings frustrations hit me all at once. With a huff, a stood from my seat and rushed out of the room and back upstairs.

What was going on? Silas had come into the dining room raving about some truth I wasn't aware of? My only concern as of now was what Klaus and his father were hiding so adamantly from me.

What was so bad that I couldn't be clued in? What was the big secret?

I heard Klaus trailing behind me, calling to me, but I kept my pace. I was truly frustrated with my lover for the first time since we got together, and I didn't know how to face him at the moment.

"Aurelia." He said sternly one last time, catching up with me and grabbing my wrist.

For the first time, I turned to him with a look that told plainly how upset I was.

He sighed down at me, his brow creasing.

"Look, I know you're unsure of what to think right now, but if you would just-"

"Just what, Klaus?" I cut in. "Just sit here and stir while you refuse to tell me whats going on? You don't seem to realize that I'm freaking out."

I didn't mean to, but suddenly my anxiety seized me and I broke into a panicked rant.

"I have no clue whether what you're hiding is serious or minor because you two are acting so— so— shady that I can't help but panic! What am I supposed to make of all this?"

Klaus frowned, acknowledging my feelings and understanding them. He gently pulled me closer then, plopping his hand on my head and saying kindly, "I'm sorry."

Still a little miffed, I brooded silently and looked away while he continued.

"You have to understand. Father and I have decided it best that you not know for now. It's better you find these things out for yourself."

"Is it that bad?" I asked quietly, my voice beginning to shake.

Klaus knelt down to meet my eyes, his features set reassuringly, "It won't be in the end. I told you, remember? If you're doing something, it could never be considered bad."

In the end?

I sighed with pure exhaustion then, dropping my head in my hands and taking a deep breath.

I truly didn't understand what was going on. What did I have to find out for myself, anyway? Whatever it was, it seemed to be oddly important to Klaus and his Father.

Klaus placed a kiss on the crown of my head and pried my hands away, taking my chin and forcing me to face him.

"Listen to me," he said, his tone set. "Stop fretting about this. You'll understand in due time, I promise."

I nodded meagerly.

"Do you trust me?" he said, locking eyes with me.

Quickly I replied, "With my life."

"Then have faith in me now, alright? I promise you have nothing to worry about."

I looked down and once again managed a nod.

"Now then," he said. "Come with me. There's something I want to show you."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

13.5K 411 29
Katherine Espinosa gets into Gedonelune Royal Magic Academy: one of the most competitive and prestigious academies for wizards. People come to the ac...
925 138 29
Lila Snape always knew that she would be sorted into Slytherin when she would attend Hogwarts. She always knew that she was destined for something gr...
3.2K 61 79
After receiving a letter from the most prestigious academy of the kingdom, "Gedonelune Royal Magic Academy", Aurora Coeur enrols in a completely new...
109K 3.8K 42
It's the Golden Five's Sixth Year At Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. Things will begin to get more difficult when Kiana finds out a secr...