Seven

I woke up the next morning with my quilt draped delicately over my body. My hair was strew over my shoulders and my body was sprawled out in a manner that I actually considered to be cute.

Noticing Klaus's absence in my bed, I sat up slowly, blinking the suns bright rays from my unwelcoming eyes.

Rubbing my eyes, I scanned the room for Klaus. It was never like him to leave before I woke up after we made love. Every time I could recall, he always stayed with me through the night to make sure I was alright.

Sure enough, I caught a glimpse of his hair across the room next to a tea set, and smiled warmly.

He turned around then, carrying with him a cup of warm tea and it's saucer.

He was also shirtless I noticed, a blush heating my cheeks as I tried to pry my eyes off his muscular chest.

I looked away, pulling my blanket even closer and stretching out like a cat first thing in the morning.

Klaus chuckled as he neared me, sitting on the edge of my bed next to me and handing me the warm cup.

"Be careful, it's a bit hot." He warned as I took his kind gesture with a smile.

He placed a gentle kiss to my forehead, "Good morning, sweetheart."

I smiled a glowing smile, "Good morning, darling."

Klaus fought off a grin when I used the more intimate name. I'd been getting better about being more open with him in private, and he always looked so happy when I succeeded.

Smoothing down my hair with one hand and holding my hand with the other, Klaus said gently, "I hope I wasn't too rough with you last night. Are you alright?"

I shook my head, "I'm perfectly fine. You're always so gentle, Klaus— you touch me as if you might break me."

He chuckled, "It's not impossible. You're... petite."

I gasped in mock offense and Klaus rolled his eyes with a smile still on his face. With a kiss to my temple, he stood.

"Well, finish your tea and get up. We're meeting everyone for breakfast in an hour and then you and I are going out."

A sipped my tea, "Out? Where to?"

He sighed, "Must you always try to ruin my attempts at surprises?"

I giggled, "Fine."

I watch him walk over to my suitcase, reaching down and pulling out my black Lolita dress, tossing it at me and saying, "Wear this today."

I cocked my head, "Why this one?"

"Because I like how you look in it. Now stop questioning me and just do as you're told." He said authoritatively, signaling to me that my sweet Lover Klaus was no back to his usual no-nonsense demeanor.

Klaus turned away while I stood and dawned my robe. Curiously, I approached the window and drew the curtains back, beaming out at the blanketed white ground and flakes flying through the air.

"Klaus, it's snowing!!" I exclaimed, glee all too evident in my voice.

Klaus chuckled, coming beside me and looking out the window as well, "So it is. All the better reason to wear that dress, too."

I rolled my eyes.

~~~~~~

A little while later, Klaus escorted me down to breakfast where the rest of the Goldstein family awaited us.