Treasure [Klance/Leith]

By TheWitch_NextDoor

Keith lives in a world where love is judged by a simple locket that hangs around humanities neck. Inside cont... More

1
2
3
4 & 5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13 & 14
Zerø
何も感じない - Feel Nothing
フォン - Phoney
堕落した - Corrupt
おかあさ - Mother
15
17
18
19 - Antonio
20 - Irene
21
22
23
24
☆和★
Author's Note

16

2.4K 139 54
By TheWitch_NextDoor

Irene stood over Keith as he tried to watch the news channel behind the short woman, the main story was about the attack on Allura and Keith; the entire city was on high alert meaning it would be slightly tougher for Pyxis to kill. Every time Keith would lean over to look around the small framed girl, she would step to the side with her arms crossed and face puffed out in anger in order to block his view. She was trying her best to make herself seem as scary as Natasha when she was angry but much to Keith's appreciation, that was not possible in the slightest. No soul could be as scary as the she-devil herself.

"Irene..." Keith groaned as he tried to move in order to see the TV, hoping he wouldn't hurt himself in the process.

The young detective only shifted her position slightly and gave Keith a stern look. "You cannot just ignore the fact that chief and I have been taking to fall for your childish antics you perform in the hospital! What would've happened if you had been really injured? You've cried wolf so much with that stupid child that the doctors won't believe you when something really happens!" She was clearly upset, her eyes glossy with unshed tears from worry and her hands gripped her arms tightly.

Keith rolled his head over and wished to be able to scream into his pillow or even to yell at his junior to leave him alone but neither of those would be professional and would only gain him a long lecture from Natasha as she held herself back from strangling him. "I already know Kouki and I have been acting unintelligent but if you were caged up in a room all day and unable to walk; wouldn't you want to get a breath of freedom every now and then?"

She didn't soften her gaze as her eyebrows frowned deeper into her face as if she were some sort of anime character. "It is only for your best interest Kogane sir! You can't be seen wandering around here, what if Pyxis sees you! She won't let you escape twice!" She was obviously beyond angered as she began tapping her heel in frustration.

Keith let out an exasperated sigh and threw his hand into the air, "Then she can kill me, it's better than being stuck in this dammed room anyways!" He exclaimed.

She ignored him as she carried on with her own two cents, "We moved Kouki to...Lance's room." Her voice was full of displeasure as she muttered the Latinos name with a choleric face painted onto the once very young and joyful face would look forward to seeing when he went into work. "We can't risk either of you anymore, you should respect our decision Keith."

Keith glared at her, not only was she talking down to her superior but she offended him in some odd way. She reminded him too much of himself; he treated witnesses like objects rather than people, acting as if they held no feelings much like how she was acting. "First of all, to you I am Mr. Kogane." His voice was rough as he stared at her unwavering gaze. "And second, we know we screwed up but treating us like this won't change the fact we did anything; you're also forcing me into isolation which was the main purpose as to why Kouki even lied to the guards. So that I could breathe real air." Keith clicked his tongue as he felt anger simmering deep within him.

"Oh you're isolated?" She said in a very unrealistic surprised voice, placing her hand on her chest and letting out a gasp for exaggeration. "Well I didn't know we were doing such a thing, Mr. Kogane! How dare we act like such swine and condemn you within these walls of safety?"

"Oh quit being a smartass Irene. Now get out of my room." He reached over to the remote and turned the TV off with frustration. As he was about to adjust his position in the bed Irene walked over to his side and stared down at him with a face full of mixed emotions. "What?" Keith asked in annoyance and confusion as he waved his hands for her to go away.

"Why are you acting like a stubborn old man! Why can't you just see that we're only doing this to keep you safe, why can't you just-" her eyes were glossy as a tear slid down her cheek slowly.

The door creaked open, suddenly cutting her off from even speaking her feelings out loud and both sets of purple and grey eyes snapped over to the door where Lance stood, still in his pajamas but this time holding Lucifer. His blue eyes were narrowed on Irene as he popped out a hip with an attitude behind it, "Oops." He stated in a monotonous voice.

Keith sighed out loud as he anticipated the argument that was going to break out between Irene and Lance at any moment. "Can I just be left alone..." He groaned pitifully and placed his hand over his face.

Instead of arguing, Irene sucked in a deep breath and looked at Keith in anger, "I'll see you whenever you straighten your act Kogane sir." She said firmly before pushing Lance out of the way to walk out the door; Lucifurr glared at her, mimicking her owner as their eyes tracked the Russian girl.

"Now, what do you want?" Keith asked staring at Lance in exhaustion.

Lance blinked for a moment before placing his cat onto the white tiled floor. Within seconds of touching the floor, Lucifurr bounced over to Keith's bed in excitement and crawled onto the bed to cuddle next to him with a loud purr. "Luci wanted to see you so I was bringing her in." Lance stated simply, as if he wasn't doing a nice deed. "And Kouki thought you would get lonely since you two got separated from one another..." He added quietly to himself.

Keith felt his heart warm up at the thought of Lance actually trying to do something for others and him. He wouldn't be alone tonight now that he had one of the evil spawns at his side. "Thank you Lance, for thinking about me..." Keith smiled softly as he ran a hand over the black cats fur for the first time, her fur felt like a silk ribbon and it made Keith feel secure as she purred loudly.

Lance was silent for a moment as he stood still in the doorway, his hands at his sides awkwardly, "You know you're pretty oblivious to people around you." He said slowly, his blue eyes looking at Keith from across the room.

Keith tilted his head slightly, "what do you mean by that?" He asked curiously.

He watched as Lance placed a hand on his neck and rolled his eyes, "You can't tell when people love you, can you? You have so many people who want to be with you and help you through problems you stay silent about, probably thinking that you're strong enough to solve any situation by yourself but you're wrong." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair slowly, avoiding eye contact. "You're only human Keith, we're not perfect so we all make mistakes but you need to learn that others can help you carry the burdens as long as you give then the opportunity to let you lean on them for support."

Keith was awestruck as he stared at his friend with slightly widened eyes, was Lance telling him to let someone else handle the case? Keith shook his head slightly, "If I let others carry my burdens then I'll be dragging others down with me. I'd rather watch people smile than suffer from stress and-"

"Just tell me who Abigail is, Keith. I was with you the entire time you were unconscious and waiting for the ambulance after the stabbing. You mumbled her name so many times I had lost count, you were crying." Lance cut Keith off suddenly, his eyes hard and concerned as he stared at him slowly closing the door for privacy.

Keith felt a chill run down his spine. How much had Lance heard about his sister, about him? Keith bit his lip in anxiety, afraid of what the man would say to him if he dared spill his deepest secrets to him. "Lance I don't -"

"Oh no, you're so talking about it." Lance stated as he pulled a rolling chair up beside Keith without waiting for him to even finish his sentence. He sat down and leaned back in the chair as he crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow slightly. "I don't think I'm leaving the hospital anytime soon so I have time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

584 2 23
Keith somehow finds a comatose Allura on one of his missions, but Lance decides to bring back the love of his life by stealing the souls of others. K...
248K 4.3K 85
[book 1/3] Once she was just a regular girl who went to the Galaxy Garrison with her best friend, her sister already worked there and she lived a sim...
82.5K 2.9K 10
Lance and Keith live in a world where your 'soulmate' and you are connected by skin. Whatever you write on yours, appears on theirs. One rule- you'...
17.2K 635 18
Keith was fine. Lance didn't believe it. C'mon, Keith looked liked he never got any sleep. And he looked liked never ate. Now that Lance thought of...