Marked

By sophiesuzanne321

Werewolves have been going extinct. In order to save their population, they started an experiment. They creat... More

The dream
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10- brothers pov
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14-edited
Chapter 15- edited
Chapter 16-edited
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22- Cassidys p.o.v.
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26- Kira's p.o.v. (Edited)
Chapter 27-edited
The new leader
Thank you
Sequel

Chapter 20

944 49 3
By sophiesuzanne321

I woke up, the sun was up. The birds were chirping, I could hear squirrels chattering, crickets making noise, the forest was awake. I was too. I stretched but then I fell of the log. "Ow", Niel laughed and then helped me up. I looked around, I had to go back. I told him I had to go back before the others wake up. He understood. I started walking to the forcefield. I hope no one is awake.

I entered the cabin and to my surprise Kira, Alyssa and Cassidy were waiting for me. "What's going on?" I looked at Cassidy for an answers. She looked guilty. She looked like she wanted to say sorry. What is this about? Kira spoke first. "Sierra, I need you to sit down and listen." For once she didn't sound like she was giving orders. This was a request. Her voice was full of concern. What is this about? I wondered again.

I sat down next to Cassidy. "I know." That's all she said. She knows...I looked over to Cassidy. Then it clicked, Kira knows about Niel. I was angry. Nows my chance, to tell her Niel is a good person and that we want to be together. That not all hunters are evil. But before I could talk, she said "I'm going to tell you a story." "But.." "We can discuss this problem, after the story." What was so important. "Please, just listen." She was going to tell me something. The reason she's broken. The reason why she hates hunters. She began..."this is a story about a young girl named Kira."

She was constantly living in fear. She was always wondering if anyone would notice if she disappeared..and one night she did. One night she was walking back late, and she was bit on the shoulder by a wolf.  The next day, she tried to act like nothing happened. But a boy came up to her, she would later find out his name was Lucas.

I have never seen this boy before. He had brown hair and green eyes. Maybe he was a tradesman. He got close up to my face and whispered, "I know you were attacked yesterday. I'm here to help you figure out what bit you. I'm investigating." It already sounded fake. Why was he looking for me. "Why are you looking for me?"

"Well, this creature that bit you has been attacking others. I'm here to catch it." "How do you know about the creature that attacked me?" "Trust me, I know more than you can imagine. Now come with me. It's urgent." He grabbed my hand and lead me away from my home.

Eventually we kept walking and walking and walking. I was brought to an old cabin. I walked in with him. There were two other girls there. I'm I being kidnapped? He told me to sit down next to the other two girls. We sat on the coach. "Now I know you all are wondering, why you are here." Everyone nodded. "Well that creature that bit you, was me." "What! How is that even possibly?" The girl with long black hair, was calling him crazy. The girl with strawberry blond hair was confused. I didn't know if I should feel afraid or confused.

"I'm a full blooded werewolf."  "Your kidding" I said. He was completely serious. Cassidy started laughing thinking this was all one big prank. "You guys all got bit, for an experiment." I interrupted him. "Your telling me you took me away for some experiment!" I was angry. The other girls were shouting at him. What was so important about this experiment, that I had to leave my life. He calmed me down and all of us stopped  shouting.

"Werewolves are going extinct. So it was decided that we were going to start an experiment. To create hybrids, which is what you guys are. The goal of the experiment is for you guys to survive against the hunters. Hunters are the reason werewolf's are going extinct." "Are you part of the experiment?" Cassidy asked. "For a little while, I'm more of a mentor. I'm here to train you, help you control your abilities and basic defense." He said.

For weeks we started doing obstacle courses, went on runs as a group, sparring,etc. Eventually I got really good. Better than Alyssa. I also fell in love with Lucas. I was selfish, I didn't want him to leave. One night, these two boys who were marked, but there leader didn't get to them yet and it was a full moon. The boys had turned and they had no idea what was going on.

Lucas heard howls at night. He got up immediately, he was running out of the cabin. The rest of us woke up. He told us we were on a rescue mission, we had to help those boys. We all ran to the village.  There was a bunch of houses. In the middle of the village were the two wolves. I looked into there eyes, they were terrified. We were in front of them and they were growling, there teeth were showing. Lucas ran in front of us. He went up to them, his eyes began to glow.

It's like he was telling them not to be afraid. That we are just like them. That they were not alone. The wolves calmed down. Until the hunters came with there crossbows ready to kill. They all came flooding out. "Get the beasts!" There was a big group of men with weapons and torches. The wolves turned and snapped there jaws showing there teeth. They've been running from the hunters.

Before they could fire, Lucas yelled. "Please, don't hurt them. There not dangerous, please. There just scared children." The hunters looked at Lucas and the wolves, none of them showed pity. "These beasts kill humans, they are a threat, we are protecting these villagers." "By killing innocents" Lucas said. He was so confident. Looking at the enemy and not showing fear. To save some boys.

The main hunter walked face to face with Lucas. He was big and had a long beard. And a scar on his face. "Do you know how many innocents these creatures kill. How many lives die? You don't, you are just a boy. So if I were you I would stop wasting your time." He pushed Lucas to the floor. He got up, he wasn't done. The hunter reached a knife towards one of the wolves. Lucas ran in front of the wolves. "Wait, I can train them, they won't hurt you or anyone in this village I promise. They'll never come back." He muttered. "Ever, I promise."

The men paused, for a moment it seemed like they were considering it. Tears were streaming down my face. I wanted these kids to come back with us. They deserve to live, to thrive. They deserve a chance. But....hunters have no mercy. The big hunter raised two fingers. It must be some kind of signal. One of the hunters shot a wolf with a crossbow. The wolf screeched in pain. "No!" Lucas yelled. He tackled the main guy. The rest of us began to attack.

Alyssa got her sword and killed most of the men. Cassidy followed her. I should have fought, but the hunters were occupied trying to stop Alyssa and Cassidy.  I walked over to the wolf in pain.  He was bleeding all over his stomach. The arrow went throw him. He was twitching. "Shh," I whispered. "Everything is going to be okay." I was sobbing. I couldn't help him. I couldn't heal him while he's a wolf. I only knew a few spells. Instead, my eyes glowed purple, I calmed him down. I cast a spell to make him relive his memories. I made sure he saw his family and his friends. So he would die peacefully.

He didn't have to die. I looked up at the other wolf. He didn't know what to do, he was terrified. He has a chance. "Follow me, I can take you somewhere safe." He followed me we ran out in to the woods. But there were more hunters waiting incase we escaped. They surrounded us. I had no idea where to go. We were trapped. A hunter grabbed me, he was holding my arms behind my back. Another hunter covered my mouth with a rag. I tried to escape, but I didn't have strength. They had something that was prevented my from using my powers.

They shot him with a two arrows. When they let me go, it was too late he was dead. They killed innocent children. How can they have any feelings. There not human. When they let me go, I ran back to the pack. Some of the hunters were dead because of Alyssa and Cassidy, but more came. They want to kill us, next. We were out numbered, we had no chance.

"Lucas, were out numbered!" He stopped fighting along with the others. They began to look around, we failed. "This is why you shouldn't have gotten involved. Now we have to kill all of you." We were done. I was frantically looking for a way out. The hunters were a sea of people. The sea wanted to swallow us. We could die tonight. I had to focus, I had to get us out of here.

But those kids weren't the only ones that died that night. We looked to Lucas for answers. He was the leader, he was a real werewolf. He went over to me and whispered "I am going to distract the hunters and I want you to teleport everyone out of here. " What! I can't leave you. I won't." I've never teleported. I only know a few spells. "I know you can do it. You are strong enough. Besides we're running out of time."

At any moment, one of the hunters could shoot us. I had to do something. I closed my eyes. I tried to concentrate, I said the words of the spell over and over again. I was thinking of the woods and how I wanted to be there. I thought of who was coming. I tried to ignore the sound of bows being loaded. Or weapons being drawn.

In a flash, we were there. We were in the forest. But we were not far away enough. The hunters could catch up to us. I saw the hunters. They were confused on what happened. I could hear there voices. "Looks like they forgot you." Lucas looked at me for only a moment. He wanted me to go before they noticed we were still close by. But how do you leave the person you love to die. How will I live with the pain? I wanted to go back. I needed to go back.

Cassidy and Alyssa pulled me, telling me we had to leave. I took one last glance at my lover. Cassidy was holding me back and Alyssa covered my mouth so they wouldn't hear me scream. I desperately tried to escape. Tears flowed down my checks. I could save him. Yet I watched. It was all a blur. The hunter grabbed his sword, the other hunters were holding Lucas down.

"This is what you get for being a monster." The hunter stared into his eyes and said "kill the beast! Kill everyone you find." I tried to run towards him. My legs would not obey. My heart was beating fast, I felt like air was being taken out of my lungs. My face covered in tears. I wanted to die with him. Cassidy tightened her grip, as they stabbed him with a sword. In the stomach. The sword was covered in blood. The life was drained out of him.

My heart stopped. My body burned with rage. Each nerve was boiling. I wanted to kill the hunters. I wanted to end them like they ended me. My emotions were a mess. I was angry, I was devastated, I was bloodthirsty. "No!" I wailed. No one could hear me.

My heart ached. At this point, I didn't even have one. He was gone. My life was gone. He didn't deserve to die. If I could do it over again, I would gladly take his place. There was no light in my life. I was broken.

Cassidy urged me forward. One foot after another. We used our super speed and got to the cabin. We made it to the cabin, but they could find us. I grabbed my spell book from my room. I created a barrier, so the hunters couldn't get in. The couldn't hurt anyone again. Not while I'm around. I became a leader. Cassidy and Alyssa wanted me to become alpha. I made a promise to myself that no one would die. I had to protect my pack with my life.

I had no idea. I wanted to cry. She cared so much she would die for us. Tears streamed down her face. She wiped them away. "Niel wouldn't kill me, he isn't like them. He wouldn't hurt anyone." Kira didn't believe me. "I know you think he's different, but he's not. He's just like the rest of them. I'm sorry but this is for your own protection. I need you to hand me the necklace." So I could never see him again.

He wouldn't hurt them. None of them understood. I reached for the necklace, but I did not give it to her. Instead I ran.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 200 20
She's a hybrid. The Daughter of an alpha blooded she wolf, and a warlock with blood and magic of the first witch family. Powerful, independent, Creat...
120K 4K 39
COMPLETED #4 in Parts as of 03-11-2018!! Grey Moon pack is one of the powerful packs in the world. It's Alpha and Beta are the pillars of the pack. B...
64 35 36
Ellie is a hybrid. Part vampire and werewolf. After the death of her parents she is on the run from both vampires and werewolves. They think she's an...
1.1M 30.3K 33
A secret hybrid. A charming Alpha. Mates. What could go wrong? ************************************** Brooklyn Jones is a hybrid. Her mother was the...