Chapter 6

I questioned why I'm following another stranger. Especially since the first one lead me to prison. I follow the girl left and right. The dungeon seemed like a giant maze.  This girl knew exactly  where she was going the whole time. It's like she's been here before.

Any time guards would appear to stop us she could knock them out in a second. She must practice martial arts. Finally she grabbed the handles. I expected us to be outside by now. But instead I was facing my worst enemy. STAIRS!

The stairs spiraled down. Ugh, if this is what leads me to freedom we might as well surrender. The girl shuffled her feet. She was fast. I tried to keep up with her. I just skipped a bunch of steps. "Cassidy if anyone comes, I want you to use your powers." The water freak nodded out of the trance.

Cassidy so that's her name. Hmm, I like water freak better. They know each other. I wonder how they met. Or how the other girl knew to rescue us. We were almost down one flight. Only one! There must be ten. Suddenly the door that leads to the stairs opened. And guards came rushing down.

Our rescuer speed up. I tried to keep up the best I could. Water freak, I mean Cassidy was right behind us. Cassidy turned and conjured water from thin air and blasted them. A few got knocked over and some slipped and fell.

It wouldn't hold for long. The girl turned to a door. I followed her in. Now we were in a tunnel, probably a secret one. It was gross. There was spider webs everywhere and trash and probably rats. There were no lights, it felt like the darkness was swallowing us. The girl pulled a match from her utility belt and lit a torch on the wall. Man, this girl is prepared. I wonder if she has snacks.

We ran though the dark, gross tunnel. And there was another door. We finally got outside it was awesome. I was free! Now I can go home. But instead of letting me leave I had to follow her. If I didn't a guard would find me and put me back in prison. We were at the front of the castle. And the gates opened and guards came tumbling out.

Gosh this is a lot of work for just two prisoners. We ran towards a black carriage. I looked behind myself and more guards came. Why did they want us so bad? I got in and sat in the seats, they were red. The carriage had one window. Cassidy sat next to me she didn't look surprised, almost like she knew this was going to happen.

In front of us was another girl, she had long black hair and brown eyes. The carriage began to move. "Wait, where is the other girl" I really need to learn everyone's name after this. Cassidy pointed to the roof of the carriage.

I heard a thump, the girl just jumped onto the roof of a moving carriage! When did my life get so exciting. The guards were on horses following our carriage. The girl was a ninja. She moved with grace. There was a slot on the top of the carriage. Cassidy opened it and handed her a bow and some arrows.

The girl was shooting left and right. The guards didn't stand a chance. In a few seconds they were all on the floor. And the horses ran away. No one was chasing us anymore. The girl got to the side of the carriage and with one hand opened the door. Her other hand was holding  on to the roof of the carriage like a monkey. She jumped in and closed the door behind her.

There was a long silence, I looked outside I had no idea where I was going or why. These people haven't explained anything. "Ok, well now that we're all inside the carriage, I have a question."

No one replied so I kept going. "Who are you people?" I asked. The girl with long black hair, who still sat in front of us. Replied "We are  your pack."