Alpha Daniel | astera22

By astera22

"Be careful, sweetheart. I can make you scream my name right now if only I wanted to. And it wouldn't be scre... More

Alpha Daniel
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Preview
Chapter 9 (R)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Preview
Chapter 17 (R)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Alpha Alexander Reveal
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - R Scene Preview
Chapter 21 (R Scene)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 27

307K 8.8K 2.5K
By astera22

"Ha! Have fun with that, Rem." Enzo blurts out, then gives me a knowing look. He was secretly referring to the argument me and Garrett had, when I went to see him and he tried to get me to come with him.

Half of the people on the table now look at me.

"You could talk to him, Rem. You'll be the most influential." Alice suggests.

I don't think that she knew why I would be the worst person to talk to him right now.

"No, she shouldn't talk to him." Daniel interferes straight after. I could tell he was being possessive, and the idea of me seeing Garrett wasn't one he approved of, especially not after I nearly had sex with him before he stopped me while I was in heat.

"Well how are you planning on talking to him and getting him to agree then, genius? The Jackson pack Alpha is most definitely not in the Anderson fan club, brother. If anything, he would join the enemy." Alice argues her case, and I found truth in what she was saying. Garrett hated Daniel; he made that very clear during my stay at his pack, so joining his side wouldn't be on his to do list.

"He wouldn't." Lorenzo speaks again. "Because we have Remington, and trust me, seeing her dead is the last thing he wants. If we explain to him that we are trying to keep her alive, he'll join the alliance without questioning. I think it's her you have to convince, not him."

"Enzo, I don't think Garrett cares enough-" I begin but I'm cut off. I wasn't sure if I believed what I was saying, or if I was trying to convince everyone including myself just to get out of having to talk to him.

"No, Rem. He's right." Alice decides to back Enzo with his idea. "I didn't think about it like that. He made a valid point; your life is the one at stake here, so if we presented it to Garrett that way, he would help us."

"So Garrett has a soft spot for Remington, does he?" Questions Cory, playfully.

"One we can use to our advantage." Adds Dylan.

I felt like everyone was staring at me as if I was fish bait, and they were a group of hungry carps. Daniel was an unimpressed carp however.

"Alright let's take a break. We'll get back to this in half an hour." He announces, dismissing everyone and telling the two visiting Alphas to follow Alice for some more coffee.

I had a feeling all of this was only an excuse to talk to me alone, and convince me to stay - preferably -  as close to one hundred miles away from Garrett as possible.

I stay in my seat, watching everyone leave the room one by one.

Waiting for Daniel to say something, and begin the conversation, I watch him pace around the almost empty room. He was thinking, and debating with himself; that I was used to by now.

"This is hard for me." He begins, still not looking at me. "Last time you were with Garrett, it almost didn't end well."

Of course he didn't know that the last time I saw Garrett was in fact when Lorenzo took me out for that exact purpose, one very early morning.

I wanted to keep it that way.

"But this is necessary. He will be much better to us as an ally than an enemy, and we can't afford to have him on the opposing side." He then adds, only now looking in my direction.

"Daniel." I say softly. He wasn't looking at me again, and seemed very tense. His own self didn't approve of his own decision, but he knew we didn't have much of a choice in that matter.

Seeing his lack of reaction, I get up from my chair and take a few steps closer to him. His back was now facing me, his body faced the window as he leaned on the frame of it.

I place my hand on his shoulder, running my palm from it, down his whole back. I feel him relaxing at my touch and his head turned to face me a little more.

"Are you scared?" I whisper, in an amused tone.

"Of what?" He answers back with a question of his own, now fully turning to face me. I never leave my hand off his body, now keeping it firmly against his chest.

"You tell me." I reach for his face with that same hand. "Are you afraid of me leaving? Wanting Garrett instead of you? Because that would never happen." I assure him.

As a response, he grins at me. It was another one of those gestures I didn't understand because it could mean absolutely anything coming from him. Usually it didn't mean anything good.

"That's not a worry of mine." He says in a husky whisper, leaning over my neck, and by my ear. "Because I know that he can't give you what I can." His hand reaches along my leg, and under the skirt of my dress, moving along my thigh.

"So confident." I mutter, keeping the direct eye contact we held, despite his face not being directly in level with mine.

"Who wouldn't be with the skills and body like mine?" As soon as those words leave his lips I evidently roll my eyes, to which he smirks at. "I'm only winding you up."

I loved how in such a short amount of time knowing him, we both knew what each of us hated or adored about one another. We connected on another level, and even though I knew it was because of the mate bond, it still impressed me how well fate paired us together - despite all those times I already wanted to kill him.

"But you'll have to admit that there is some truth to it." He sneakily adds, proving my above mentioned point.

His hands move to my waist, lifting me onto the desk, as he leans down slowly to kiss me. It was soft and gentle, and slowly built up to a little more rough. I gave in completely, allowing him to take full control of it. I didn't realise Daniel had a little more planned though, when he moves along to my jaw, and down to my neck.

This action made me instinctively tilt my head back fully, allowing him to continue attacking my neck with his mouth.

"I don't want you anywhere near Garrett though, until you're marked." He says, moving his face in level to mine to make eye contact with me.

I assumed I knew where this was going, and to be honest being marked by him slipped out of my mind. I'm sure it was on his constantly, but he must have stopped himself knowing I wouldn't want it, at least not yet. He waited long enough.

I could tell how serious he was, and his darker eyes added to the mild severity of the situation. It was something he was cautious about, just in case I didn't approve.

But I did, now at least, because I knew it was just one of the many processes of being mated to someone of a high rank. It's how things were - a way to let other males know there would be consequences from my mate if I was to be touched by them, not literally.

"Do it." I give my consent.

He seems unfazed but at the same time a little hesitant. I had a feeling he wasn't expecting me to give in so easily, but on the other hand was more than happy about it.

"You're sure? It will be on you forever." He checks. It was actually rather cute, but I knew he was only asking because it felt right to.

I smile at him, appreciating him and our current relationship, because previously I hated it. Oh, how the tables have turned.

"And that's how long I expect you to be with me." I answer.

I see something I don't see too often spread through his eyes. It was the way every girl wanted to be looked at; that look he was giving me right now.

Holding his own smile, he leans in to kiss me again, cupping my face gently with both of his hands. He took his time showing me his caring side and his emotions through the way he moved against my lips, and instead of what I was expecting to be a painful and rough marking process - he made it pleasurable and gentle just as the kiss was.

***

We didn't warn Garrett about us coming.

Pff, who even would if the penalty for even driving through the outskirts of a pack without first seeking the Alpha's approval could be death, right?

It turns out that Daniel and I are not the best partners in crime when it came to decision - that can have serious consequences - making.
I expected us to call, but then he told me that Garrett probably wouldn't approve of our request to visit his pack. That way, he would have people ready at the borders to arrest us if we decided to do so anyway. Which we obviously would.

Therefore we came to a conclusion that we will just wing it, and invite ourselves in without any notice in advance. It was Daniel's idea - that way nobody would expect anything so therefore couldn't kick us out right away - and I decided we didn't have a better one.

The aim was simple; get Garrett to agree to be on our side, and join forces with us.

That could be a problem after the potential broken nose and concussion he received from Daniel, and the harsh rejection he received from me. To put it bluntly, we weren't exactly in a position to be negotiating his alliance to us.

Alice was at the back of the car, oblivious to the fact I've been marked, just to come with us for extra protection. She was good with words too, and three people is better than two - especially if the third has not previously dug herself a grave on the Jackson territory, unlike the other two. We decided that if we have any more than this, Garrett may see it as a threat.

My heart beats a little faster as we cross the Jackson border. I knew that soon they would know of some intruders and we had to get to Garrett before he took action. It wasn't a very long drive, seeming so much worse when I covered that distance by foot.

As we get closer to the centre of the pack, we notice more commotion around us. There were wolves emerging from behind trees, watching us as we drove past. Daniel was speeding for that exact reason though, just so that we got there faster. As we park somewhat close to the pack house, there are a few men by the doors already, waiting on us to get out.

They didn't look like the type to invite us for tea or coffee with a biscuit.

As soon as I open the door, two grab each of my arms, to which I respond a little aggressively to.

"Don't touch me, we've here to see Garrett." I scold, yanking my arms away.

I see the other two I came here with having a similar issue, except the others recognise Daniel right away and don't dare to even touch him. He glares at the ones who tried restraining me, that being enough for them to back away.

"Alpha Garrett doesn't expect you." Says one of them, in a soldier voice.

"Yeah, well if you expected the day and time of your death, you would be sure to never stop breathing." Daniel backfires, in a rather bitter tone. It was probably meant to confuse them.

That seems to work, as the man becomes quiet and less reluctant on letting us through. Alice demands to use the bathroom, and then puts up a fight about being escorted to use it, as Daniel and I are taken inside the house.

Garrett is standing just inside the main living room, as if expecting us. He was emotionless, only acknowledging our arrival.

"Garrett..." I begin in a form of a greeting than anything else. His eyes move over to Daniel as they both hold their stares.

"I'm here to talk to you. We really need your help. I really need your help." I continue, trying to break their staring contest, by getting Garrett to look over at me.

"Holly is dead." He states, still emotionless.

My heart skips a beat as he tells me this, all of my previous flashbacks of when he told me about her coming back. Even though he expected it, it wasn't certain.

"I'm so sorry..." I breathe, waking closer to him. I didn't care that Daniel was behind me, probably about to start growling at any time, as I wrap Garrett into a hug.

He is hesitant at first, but then becomes less tense as he hugs me back.

"I found out recently. She's been dead for a few years now." He adds, in a more of a whisper.

It was what he predicted, he just never seemed to go out of his way to check for some reason. I guess now he knew for sure.

Garrett looks up from my shoulder all of a sudden though. It makes me look around at his sudden reaction, wondering what happened to make him react so fast.

Alice walked in, from her bathroom trip, I assume. But I was confused as to why she was also acting weary, stopping where she was instead of continuing her journey further into the room.

She was only looking at Garrett, as if she has seen a ghost, as he does the same. I saw Daniel also confused, and we both probably wondered the same thing. That's until a sudden realisation hits me, a moment of suspicion and thought.

"Holy shit."

♡ ♡
Dylan is a bit of a quiet character in this book, but he'll make more of an appearance in 'Alpha Alexander' so get used to him 😌

Exciting news for you! I am holding a competition!

I am in need of a female character, that will be used for the sequel of this book (Alpha Alexander). I won't tell you exactly who it will be, because that will be a bit of a spoiler to the ending of this one, but it's a character that will make a few appearances.

The winner's real life, visual description and actual name will be used for the character I will have, and you will receive a cheeky little follow from me as a bonus 😋

So essentially, you become that character. How cool?!

Sounds good? Alright, now here's how you enter...

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Wattpad profile, if you are not yet (this also gives you benefits like being able to view private chapters).
2. In the comments right here, write your first name and your whole description of how you look in real life.
You can include:
-skin tone
-hair and eye colour
-style in which you dress
-any other unique and fun facts to you, or any characteristics about how you look (eg. If you have an unusual scar or birthmark)
-anything else about you
*Please include at least name, hair and eye colour as a minimum to be entered.
3. Vote for this chapter once those two steps are done, if you haven't done so already to let me know.

And that's it! Simple enough, I hope!

I will be closing this competition on the 8th August 2017 which is one day before 'Alpha Alexander' is predicted to be published on Wattpad.

EDIT: Competition is now CLOSED!

So yes, speaking of... I have an approximate date for the first parts of Alpha Alexander to be published!

9th August.

I calculated the approximate day I will be publishing the last chapter and epilogue of Alpha Daniel, and that is the same day I want to get Alexander out to you all!
However please be mindful that this is only an estimate, I am not sure how many chapters exactly of Daniel are left and I calculated it assuming I will update twice a week, and even though I have been doing that so far, it isn't a promise that I will always be able to.

As you can tell there are many factors that affect that date, so please don't take my word for it entirely!

I hope you enjoyed that cliffhanger at the end of this long chapter. I wanted to get it out to you all today even though I was working full day shifts this whole weekend, so you better all love me for it!

Remember to enter the competition, vote and comment on this chapter!

Next update is predicted Wednesday,

-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 84.1K 30
"You're ours," they whispered in my ears simutaniously. I swallowed loudly in response. "But- but-" I tried to state. "No buts little mate," Daniel s...
23.2M 652K 56
[#1 in wearwolf 6/8/17] "Come on Jenna. Just one word." He taunt. He gripped my wrist in one hand and trailed his hand down my side to my hips. His h...
2.9M 99.1K 57
Book One in the My Mate Series - "Elijah," Alexander calls in this terrifying voice. I know it's dangerous but I ignore him, I keep my eyes shut and...
372K 16.2K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...