Teach Me How To Love

Por VanessaBabyS

Demi had been confident in every aspect of her life. Failing at relationships was nothing new, it never phase... Mais

In Denial
Someone's Best Friend
Last Word
If Only
Let It Rain
Paint The Night
Highlight
Sunshine Blue
What do you mean?
For You
Midnight
Hide and Seek
Childish Games
And She Kissed Me Like This
Guts Over Glory
Late Night
Stay
Nothing But Time
The Windy City
Forget Me Knot
Tag
What The Heart Wants
Welcome To Life 101
Dedicated To Love
Say Yes
Stories
Crossing The Line
After Effect
Losing Sleep
Comfort In The Panic
He Knows
It Ain't Me
Las Vegas: Part 2
Love Ain't Simple
Love Even Harder
Scattered
No Promises
Jar Of Hearts
The Start
Saying Goodbye
Nerves
I See You
Touch Me With Slow Hands
I'm Sorry
Tell Me You Love Me
Stone Cold

Las Vegas: Part 1

1.5K 52 8
Por VanessaBabyS

~ Demi ~

     I couldn't move. The second I felt the bus jerk to a stop, I opened my eyes to find Selena nuzzled against my chest. She seemed so carefree and peaceful in such a state. Behind me lay Marissa, her tanned leg dangling over my waist as her body somehow was still pressed against me. I couldn't move.

     "We're at the airport." Nancy, Selena's driver, had knocked on the room door speaking through the frame. The only thing on my mind besides hardly being able to breath was wondering why we were at an airport. "Ladies?!"

      "Airport?" I shook my head questioning.

     "Vegas is a long ride. Your tour manager bought flights tickets and I'll just meet you guys around Showtime." The woman gave the door one last knock as Selena faintly gazed up at me.

     "What did she say?" Her groggy voice soothed my ears.

     "Apparently we're taking an airplane ride."

     "What?" Selena was just as confused as I was, but stood on the floor just as fast as she had awakened. Marissa complained when I shook her awake, leading her towards my bus so we could change. Just a few feet across a field sat a private jet, white and polished awaiting us. I dressed in no time, meeting Selena, Marissa and a few others on the runway. No one had told us we'd be taking a flight from Albuquerque to Las Vegas but I wasn't going to complain.

     "Now this is the life." Marissa happily claimed her space at the front of the aircraft, tapping the seat next to her for me to join.

     "Go ahead." Selena giggled, leaving my side to join one of her dancers in back. After we were all boarded and ready to go, I glanced back at my brunette friend. Selena seemed okay, but knowing her, she cared about things whole heartily and had to be thinking about last night right now. But I wasn't going to bring it up. Minutes later, as we stabilized in the air, everyone began walking around and playing stupid 'eye spy in the sky' games. It was honestly pointless but funny none the less.

     "So, how's your girlfriend?" Marissa questioned me, as I faced her.

     "She's not my girlfriend."

     "But you want her to be."

     "She just broke up with her boyfriend last night. That would be irresponsible of me to get with her at such a time in her life."

     "Its also irresponsible that you slept with her when she was still in a relationship and you haven't told her about Nick and Miley but, what do I know? " My friend gazed out the window, tapping the glass with her finger as I sighed.

     "You're so irritating."

     "Because I'm right?" She studied me.

     "No. Because you're annoying." I snapped as the brunette smiled.

     "Are you going to tell her?"

     "I don't know." I confessed. "Because then she'll know I knew about the situation and haven't told her. But on the other hand it's my duty to make sure she knows the truth." I slid into my seat more. "I'll think about it."

     "Your life is so complicated." Marissa smirked, rubbing her hand across my arm as I pushed her away. She grabbed me with both arms and just held onto me as I groaned and complained. A few hours later, we had arrived at the Vegas international airport. No bags, nothing. It was just a few dancers and our tour group all walking in step with one another towards the arrival area. In the distance stood a man with a poster board, holding it into the air reading, "TGDS."

     "What the hell is that?" I heard Robert shout over the group. A few people recognized us and began to ask for autographs and photos. I held back, allowing everyone else, including Selena to bask in the sea of people forming.

     "Are they taking us to the arena?" Marissa questioned, as security began to storm towards us. The driver had spotted us, waving us down as I rolled my eyes.

     "You know what, we should do some sight seeing." I smiled, as my friend studied me.

     "You want to play hooky?"

     "Just for a few hours. The show doesn't start until seven. We've got plenty of time." I glanced over the group, studying them all just before I crept between them. Although fans were calling me, I pushed between the tour crew to grab Selena's hand. She turned towards me as I pried her away from everyone.

     "This is crazy." She shook her head, wanting to go among her fans again, because who wouldn't.

     "I have an idea." I wasn't going to tell her about it, but lead her and Marissa past the driver we had waiting, and brought the two of them towards the street. Families were going about their lives as normal, traveling to and from their homes. I flagged down a taxi just as more people began spotting us.

     "What are you doing?" Selena's brown eyes studied mine as I smirked.

     "Trust me, we're going to have fun." I assured her just before we all climbed inside of the vehicle. The man only gazed us over before asking for a destination. I knew exactly where I wanted to go. The three of us sat in silence as we swerved in and out of traffic. The second we arrived outside of the aquarium, I forced Marissa to pay the driver before making it up the steps..

     "How can we do anything with no money?" My friend complained, dragging herself along behind me.

     "I have an app on my phone that has my information, we'll be fine." I assured my friend as Selena kept silent. It was weird to not hear her laugh about something random but I knew exactly how to loosen her up. Once we stepped inside the aquarium, her eyes practically began to sparkle. The smell of salt water drifted through the space as I happily grabbed her hand, leading her towards the first exhibit.

     "Demi I'm going to grab a few snacks, meet me back here in about thirty minutes." Marissa faced me as I shot her a thumbs up. "Need anything?"

     "Selena?" I faced the woman at my side, but she only ignored my question and tugged for me to follow her. "I think we're good."

     "I'm so over the two of you." My friend complained, disappearing among the people walking past. The bright blue tanks began to guide us through each exhibit, fish swimming this way and that as we studied them. There was a diver in one of the tanks, happily waving to the crowd before tossing food around himself. He would gently rub the belly of a fish or the back of their scales.

     "Do they have any sharks?" Selena questioned just as we stopped a few feet away from one of the maps. "They have Tiger sharks." The brunette squeezed my hand before squealing. "Let's go." And we were off once more. Honestly, it felt amazing not to have people following you and screaming at you while you were out and about. But I knew it wouldn't last long. We finally climbed down the massive staircase into the depth of the aquarium where a large tank spread out from wall to wall. Selena released me, slowly pacing towards the thick glass before running her fingers against it.

     "So do you like my surprise?" I questioned, stepping at her side as the blue water danced against her eyes.

     "You did good." She nodded, studying the few sharks that trailed past the glass. Whispers from kids slowly drifted in and out of the room as they too studied the creatures roaming through the waves.

     "I was thinking we could explore the city for the day." I studied the brunette, her fingers gently tapping the glass before she faced me. Her eyes studied my own before a grin played across her cheeks.

     "On one condition." She spoke up.

     "Okay."

     "I get to say when the day is done."

     "Sounds reasonable." I thought, pressing my back against the glass so I could take in the space. Everyone was doing their own thing, laughing and joking around. The ceiling as well as the walls were basically made out of the same material, creating an enclosed aquarium tank. We stood in that specific exhibit for a good ten minutes. People rushing in and out of the space just as Selena sighed.

     "You should text Marissa."

     "Are you ready to leave?" We had only been in the aquarium for a little over forty minutes.

     "I'm hungry and as much as eating in a place that smells like fish sounds, I'd rather not."

     "Well," I pulled my phone up to dial just as Selena grabbed it. "What are you doing?"

     "Do you think she'll be upset if we leave her?"

     "What?" I crossed my arms as Selena sent a message. "We're not leaving her."

     "She knows where the arena is, she could take a cab there."

     "We're not ditching my friend." I stated strongly just as the brunette rolled her eyes. It wasn't like her to suggest such a thing, but I also knew she hadn't liked Marissa. But they seemed perfectly fine within each other's company last night.

     "She said it's okay. We're killing her vibe anyway. Whatever that means." Selena waved the phone before me, sliding her fingers between mine. "Let's go."

     "No." I complained as she tugged me along. I had things I wanted to do at the aquarium and it didn't consist of ditching my best friend. Okay, I understand that in any other situation this would be like my dream come true, but this was crazy. The second we made it outside, Selena spotted a food truck.

     "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." She suggested as I willingly followed behind her.

     "But if it does kill you, what's the saying about that?"

     "You only die once." She shrugged as we ordered two tacos and a slushie. I decided to just go with the flow, grabbing my food before biting into it. The sky sat bright blue with the sun in the perfect position among the clouds. We trailed the streets as a few people took double takes at us. Being subtle about our celebrity status wasn't my strong suit. I tried to decipher the situation going on with my friend, but she seemed like a blank slate. She only reacted to the things I said and did, but nothing more.

     "Look over there." I pointed towards a corner shop. "Want to grab a few cheesy touristy items?"

     "Why yes I would." The woman nodded as we tossed our trash into the bin. The small store had plenty of items with the city written across it. T-shirts, shorts, snow globes, even hats and key chains. Selena quickly pulled a white shirt over her arms, topping it off with some sunglasses. "How do I look?"

     "You look, like a tourist."

     "I was totally going for that." She made her way through different items, grabbing a sunhat before walking over.

    "Don't even think about it." I scolded her as she playfully tried reaching for me. "No."

     "Just try it on."

     "No." I made my way around fixtures as the brunette followed. She began picking up shoulder bags and more sunglasses and things.

     "Demi, please try this stuff on."

     "No."

     "Stop saying 'no' to me, you big baby." I roamed through racks of clothes and different items just as Selena finally caught up with me. Like I said before, the place was small. She cornered me between a mannequin and a shelf of mugs. I stood in defeat as she happily stepped in front of me. She giggled, placing the hat across my head in triumph.

     "You're going to pay for this, as in, I'm so getting you back." I threatened as she smirked. Sunglasses fell across my eyes next, resting against my nose as I took in a deep breath. Selena laid her fingers against my cheek, smiling as I groaned.

     "You look ridiculous." She blurted out.

     "I'm glad you think so. However I won't stoop to your level. Because, no matter what you put on, you look amazing."

     "I know." She blushed as I swatted her hand away.

     "You're so conceited." I began walking around the shop once more, placing things back where Selena grabbed them from. She did the same, keeping only the sunglasses. "How are you feeling?" I had to ask. As we paid for the two pair of items, we made our way back onto the street, Selena shrugged. "You don't know how you feel?"

     "I feel okay. For now I suppose." Her eyes came to mine before she quickly glanced away. "I'm fine."

     "Is that spelled, "I-m n-o-t?"

     "What?"

     "Is it spelled I'm 'n-o-t?"' My question stopped the woman in her tracks as I did the same. We stood face to face, her eyes trying to read my own. I focused on making out her expressions.

     "Demi don't worry about me."

     "But that's what I do. That's something I'll always do. I will always worry if you're okay. If you're sad, or lonely or.... I worry." I admitted, taking in the cool breeze that brushed past.

     "I'm okay."

     "Really?"

     "Yes." Selena studied me before quickly leaning into me, kissing my cheek before pulling away. I smirked upon spotting her faded red love bites against her shoulder. "Shall we go?" She asked. I followed her direction as we trailed further and further away from the tourist areas. As the afternoon slowly shifted into night, I studied the time on my phone. We came across a teen boy playing his violin on the sidewalk, a small crowd making their way around him.

     "We should probably head to the arena soon." It was nearing an hour before show time.

     "How is your song coming for tomorrow?"

     "What?" Her question had nothing to do with what I jut said. "It's okay I guess. I um, I'm actually going to write something tonight with a few of the guys who are coming in for the show." I completely forgot, but reminded myself of such while stating that fact.

     "What friends? And I thought you had something written."

     "Trevor, Matthew and Kevi. And I do have something...but I don't think I want to sing it on stage. Not until it's completely polished at least." I refaced the teen playing his violin as cheers erupted from around us. "We should head back now." Selena hadn't protested, as we hailed a cab. The ride was silent for the most part until mid trip, we spotted this giant Ferris wheel.

     "Let's get on that." Selena happily bounced, her eyes meeting mine. I knew we didn't really have time to stay out, but I was a rebel, at least on most days. But when it came to Selena, I somehow always wanted to do the right thing. I didn't want to disappoint her. We instructed the driver to change routes before paying him and grabbing tickets for the Ferris wheel. I jammed my phone into my back pocket, placing it on silent before we climbed the elevator.

     "So after this we have to dart on over to the arena." I made my statement very clear as Selena nodded. The inside of the building leading up to the Ferris wheel was basically covered in large bright television screens playing ads about other things to do in Vegas. Once we made it onto the roof, the Ferris wheel sat rotating. There was a small line, but it moved swiftly. We were placed within our own enclosed bubble before I took a seat. The new found silence was deafening.

     "The city is so beautiful." Selena smiled, holding onto the bar as the orb began to move. Her voice filling the space. "After the tour is over, I think I'm going to need some time off for myself."

     "I agree. It's the same thing I would do when things become overwhelming."

     "It's just that, now that Nick and I aren't together, it's going to be all over...everything. And if he starts dating Miley, they'll know." She hadn't faced me, gripping the steel in front of her.

     "They who? Paparazzi?"

     "Everybody."

     "Who cares? Fuck 'em." I shrugged, standing as the brunette began to giggle.

     "You always have a way with words."

     "I try." I push my hair away from my shoulders as Selena leans against the glass. Her almond eyes find mine, just as she takes in a deep breath. I make my way over to her, standing at her side.

     "Remember when you asked me what I wanted out of this? From you?" The brunette questioned me.

     "I vaguely remember that."

     "What if I said I still didn't know?"

     "I would say, that's perfectly okay."

     "But it's not. Not really." Selena turned into me.. There was a lot of sadness lingering in her eyes. "You told me there was no going back for you. I pushed you to that point."

     "I allowed it." I admitted, as her fingers met mine.

     "But what if at the end of this we only stay friends?"

     "Well." I could feel my skin warming from her touch. "I would just have to accept that."

     "You're such a bad liar." Her gaze had left mine, her forehead falling against my shoulder. I knew what would happen to me if I wasn't more than a friend to her. But I couldn't force her to feel what she didn't. Maybe this was just a small experiment for her, something I was terrified of, but I accepted it the moment I slept with her. Her hair brushed against my chin, the faint smell of roses lingering from the strands.

     "We should get going. The show is definitely going to be late tonight." I quickly brushed Selena's hair as she stood. She gave a silent nod before the orb lowered to the ground. Although we had another turn to take, we signaled for them to let us off. The ride back to the arena was deafening, but we knew what would be awaiting us.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

83.6K 2.4K 20
We'd known each other our entire lives. Time and space didn't matter, she always came back to me. She would always be my everything.
29.9K 1K 33
But you were my forever..
311K 5.2K 38
Demi Lovato Imagines. Hope you enjoy! Completed.
14.3K 678 16
Sometimes, you have to find love in the darkest places.