A Vampire's Life Book 3

By xMishx

Scarlett is the hottest punk singer on the charts, her success and fame is world wide. She thinks that her wo... More

A note from me...
Chapter One - Scarlett
Chapter Two - Lucas
Chapter Three - Lucas
Chapter Four - Scarlett
Chapter Five - Scarlett
Chapter Six - Lucas
Chapter Seven - Scarlett
Chapter Eight - Lucas
Chapter Ten - Scarlett
Chapter Eleven - Lucas
Chapter Twelve - Scarlett
Chapter Thirteen - Lucas
Chapter Fourteen - Scarlett
Chapter Fifteen - Lucas
Chapter Sixteen - Scarlett
Chapter Seventeen - Lucas
Chapter Eighteen - Scarlett
Chapter Nineteen - Scarlett
Chapter Twenty - Lucas
Chapter Twenty-one - Scarlett
Chapter Twenty-two - Scarlett
Chapter Twenty-three - Scarlett
Chapter Twenty-four - Lucas
Chapter Twenty-five - Scarlett
Chapter Twenty-six - Lucas
Chapter Twenty-seven - Scarlett
Chapter Twenty-eight - Scarlett
Chapter Twenty-nine - Lucas
Chapter Thirty - Scarlett
Chapter Thirty-one - Lucas
Chapter Thirty-two - Scarlett
Chapter Thirty-three - Lucas
Chapter Thirty-four - Scarlett
Chapter Thirty-five - Scarlett
Chapter Thirty-six - Lucas
Chapter Thirty-seven - Scarlett
Chapter Thirty-eight - Scarlett
Chapter Thirty-nine - Lucas
Chapter Forty - Scarlett
Chapter Forty-one - Scarlett
Chapter Forty-two - Scarlett
Epilogue
Is this the end? :(

Chapter Nine - Scarlett

3.6K 307 8
By xMishx

When I woke in the morning, Lucas wasn't around, which I had expected him to be here. My mind was having a field day with my nocturnal activities. The revelation that I had been sleepwalking since my arrival here, the gift of the underwear that I had asked for, which he gave me when I woke from my adventure to wherever I had been. And then there was the other thing that I did, which I could not believe that I did. This was day three of being here, and already I had slept with him.

You're a bad girl Scarlett snarky whispers. Sleeping with your captor, how very Stockholm of you. I sat on the bed with my hands propping my head on my knees.

"What is wrong with me?"

As I was groaning I could have sworn I heard a croak, my mind flickers back to yesterday, Zach's words ring through my head. Don't be surprised if you find a frog in your bed.

I hesitantly pulled back the sheets, hoping not to find a frog in my bed. Relief washed through me as I didn't find any slimy demons. After I checked the bed I decided to have a shower, that was when I found the frog. Wrapped around the shower head, hanging on for dear life was one green frog. I could hear him laughing from the lounge in my bedroom when I screamed, wrapping the towel around my wet, naked body I ran out to the bedroom.

"Get it out." I screamed at him.

"No."

He got up from the lounge and walked to the door, his eyes never left my body. He stopped and smirked, moving closer to me. His fingers lazily slide along the edge of the towel and in a second I was spinning around. When I finally stopped, I saw the back of him as he walked out the door, my towel in his hand.

"Shit."

I run into the wardrobe completely embarrassed, getting another towel. A few seconds later Zach entered my room.

"Are you decent?"

"Yes." I groan.

"Here." he passes the towel to me and walks into the bathroom.

When he returns he has the frog in his hands.

"Scarlett, this is Freddie."

"You keep a frog?"

"One of a few creatures I keep."

"Blech."

"So, going to keep up the prank war?"

"Better than sitting around doing nothing all day."

"How true."

He makes cutsie faces at the frog and then looks at me.

"How about getting dressed, I'll give you a tour."

"Yeah sure."

By the time Zach has shown me every room on the ground floor, my feet are killing me. He takes Freddie back to his room, on the second floor. His room is full of terrariums housing so many different bugs and creatures. There is one that gives me the heebie jeebies more than Freddie does, a giant spider.

"Hey Dr Doolittle, what kind of spider is that?"

"That would be a Goliath bird eating spider, but you can call her Scarlett." he grins.

"Did you name the freakin' spider after me?"

"I never thought that the two of you would meet."

"Well if that brother of yours comes looking for more pranks, you tell him she is crossing the line."

"Duly noted."

"In fact." I look around at his room. "Everything in this room is crossing the line."

He chuckles. "Come on, more of the tour to do yet."

I found it interesting that only Lucas and I occupied the bedrooms on the first floor. Zach and Gabriella were on the second floor. I had automatically assumed that they were in the other rooms further down the corridor but they were empty. We got to the end of the second floor, another set of stairs leading up and down.

"So, next floor up is my parents, rather boring, then the roof. No getting lost now?"

I shake my head. His shoulders drop as he groans.

"Dad is looking for me, you right to find your way around?"

"Yep."

I wander back to my room and flop onto the lounge, engrossing myself in a magazine. I chuckle to myself as I wonder if I could beckon Lucas with my mind. Oh wow, the door is open again. I think very clearly in my mind. In seconds the door smacks the wall as it opens and a whirl of wind flies through the room. Seconds later Lucas appears, standing there looking at me, then at the glass door behind me- still very shut and presumably locked.

"What?" I look up from my magazine.

"What are you doing?"

"I am baking a cake."

His eyes darken at me as he frowns, I shrug.

"Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer."

He disappears and the whirl of wind flies out of my room, slamming the door behind him. I grin and once again so very clear in my mind I think again. Dumb arse didn't even check the door. Knowing he will be back again so soon I wipe the grin from my face and bury my gaze in the magazine. Just as expected, Lucas flies into the room, the wind ice cold. He checks the door, frowning at me.

"Are you planning on doing that again? Because you will put a hole in the wall if you do."

He huffs at me and this time walks out of the room, still slamming the door behind him. I chuckle. Let the games begin. Oh naughty one, how you get me into trouble.

Lucas, I'm hungry. No response. Luuucaass, I'm bored. Still nothing. I'm still hungry, where's my food? I think that it's time to step it up a notch. I roll onto the lounge and hang my legs over the back of it, my head off the seat. Engrossing myself into the magazine again I idly wonder if this round will get him in here.

I put music on in my head, the same as the first day I was here and I was trying to escape, my song on a loop, up loud. Within seconds the door slams open again, the gust of wind has returned and stops in front of me.

"Scarlett, why are you sitting on the lounge like that?"

"Well..." I say rather over enthusiastically "I thought that if I made all of my blood rush to my head and you came in here being all sir drinks a lot and you tried to sink them in, you might have to drink from my head and you might break a fang on my skull, you know, being so old I would imagine your bones are quite brittle."

He rolls his eyes at me. "Hilarious."

"I thought it was." an unfamiliar voice chuckles.

I pull my legs from the lounge and sit up as a man appears beside Lucas. Dark sandy blonde hair, unkempt short spikes, deep brown eyes that just stared at me. His skin was darker than Lucas's, almost a pale tan colour and very defined cheek bones.

"Don't encourage her." Lucas hisses at him.

He stalks out of the room, soon followed by the stranger, the very gorgeous stranger. Damn. Lustful Scarlett is fanning herself, trying to stop herself passing out. He turned as he held the door handle and gave me a cheeky grin. I lean on the seat of the chair, in a daze from this strange man and completely miss the lounge, falling off. I huffed my fringe from my face as I sat up on the floor. A wicked thought slips through my mind. I chuckle as I try to set about making him jealous. That was rather rude Lucas, letting a strange man into my room without introducing him. Nothing. Luuucaass, who is your friend? I get up from the floor and sit on the lounge again. Lucas, send your friend back in. Nothing. Damn it! I rush to the door, wondering where they have gotten to. The corridor is empty and I stalk along to Lucas's bedroom, listening at the door, nothing. I slink into his room, deciding that I might as well have some fun now that I am up and moving around. Taking the cushions off the lounge, a wicked idea flickers through my mind. I try the door to his balcony, it opens. Grinning, I make a stack of things beside the door, the lounge cushions, his bed linen. I roll up the rug and throw it over the balcony, continuing with the stack of things by the door - all of it on the gravel below. My attention is then turned to the mattress, a king size mattress. It is a mammoth effort, but I get it over the balcony. To my shock Lucas hasn't turned up. I wander into his robe and take every hanger with clothing off the racks and take them to the balcony. I wait for the inevitable gust of wind, but he doesn't show up, making me wonder if he is still here. I huff, seemingly bored with trashing his room, I wander back to mine. As I begin to leave the room, I see paper on his desk. I quickly scrawl out a note to leave in the door jamb, Scarlett rules, Lucas drools.

When I get to my door there is a tiny note stuck in door jamb, the same as what I had done at Lucas' door. I pull it out, three little words that send dread throughout my body. Revenge is sweet. I hesitantly open the door, fearing the worst. And that fear was very warranted. He had done exactly the same as what I did to him. The mattress, the bedding, the lounge cushions, the rug, my clothes, all of it was on the gravel outside. I could see that none of his stuff was out there anymore. Damn he works fast. Suddenly the two of them appear, sitting on the balustrade with big cheesy grins. I frown at Lucas. I'll be damned if I am going to let him win this one. I very sweetly hold up my index finger indicating that I will be just a few seconds. Grabbing the pen, I write something on my hand and hold it to the glass door. The blonde fellow chuckles as Lucas gapes. You two make a lovely couple. I poke my tongue at him and draw the curtains. I turn and look at my room, wondering where I am going to sleep tonight. I won't be able to haul that mattress up the stairs. You could sleep in my bed. Lucas whispers in my mind.

"Like hell I would."

Well then, have fun moving your things back. I groan as I make my way downstairs, hauling the smaller things up first. When I return to my room with the first load, he is waiting in my room.

"You know; I will do it for you."

I look at Lucas knowing that there is more to the sentence. He grins at me, those very sharp fangs making another appearance.

"Restitution would be sought, of course."

"Gee, what I surprise." I lay the sarcasm on rather thick. "What do you want this time Lucas?"

I am forced against the wall as he stalks over to me, pressing against me.

"You, always you." he whispers into my neck, searching for a vein.

"Please don't."

I feel his fangs scraping my skin, tearing at it. I can feel my cheeks moisten, he is being a little too rough.

"Lucas, you're hurting me."

His ice cold hand goes over my mouth, clamping my jaw shut. I can feel something running down my neck, onto my chest. Lucas runs his tongue along the line, licking his way up to where his fang scrapped my skin. As he reaches my jaw, I catch sight of his eyes, black, void of any form of iris. His hand slinks down my neck but I cannot open my mouth. I am pinned to the wall, unable to move my body or speak. Again his fangs scrape along my skin, this time on the other side of my neck. The tears seep from my eyes, the pain worse than when he sinks his fangs in. He kisses my neck, passionately drinking slowly from me. I start to feel rather light headed, everything begins to blur. If I could say something to him, I would, but my jaw is still clamped shut. The room spins and then darkness takes over.

When I wake I find myself in my bed, the room back to the way that it should be. Was it a dream? I run my fingers along my neck, two long lines on either side. No, oh so very real.

"You passed out."

I sit up on the bed and see the gorgeous stranger sitting on the lounge.

"Lester, friend of Lucas's, not gay."

I grin as he gets up from the lounge.

"Where's Lucas?"

"Getting food for you."

He sits at the bottom end of the bed, looking at me.

"Feels rather bad about it." he grins.

"Somehow I doubt it." I mutter rather curtly.

The door opens and a maid brings in a tray of food, followed by Lucas. Lester gets up from the bed.

"Well, today has certainly been an adventure." he slaps Lucas on the back.

"Catch you later. Bye Scarlett."

"Yeah bye." I mutter, stuffing a sandwich into my mouth as the maid fusses around me.

She flitters out of the room, leaving Lucas and I alone.

"Sorry." he murmurs.

"What was that old man? I didn't hear you."

"You know for a vampire I am still very, very young." he says dryly as he climbs onto the bed, sitting beside me.

"My father is five hundred and forty and he isn't the oldest vampire walking this earth."

I nearly choke on the sandwich.

"You cannot be serious."

"I am very serious."

"So do you leeches live forever or is that just Hollywood nonsense?"

"We do."

"And you can go in the sun, how?"

"Why would we not be able to go in the sun? What was the reason behind that one?" He shrugs.

"We can go out in the sun, we can go to church, we can do whatever we want."

"Garlic?"

"Yeah." he squints his eyes. "Minor skin reaction if we touch it. If we ingest it, we will be sick but that's it really. More like a food intolerance."

I feel rather tired, putting the plate on the bedside table, I then snuggle into him. What is wrong with you? my mind hisses at me. I think Lucas is just as shocked as he wraps his arm around my shoulder. He says nothing, the silence is nice as I slowly drift off, then something startles me, almost sounding like a thump from his body. I sit up, looking at him.

"What the hell was that?"

He looks at me curiously.

"There was a thump sound in your body."

"Oh, that." he says rather dryly. "The heart beats when it wants to."

"I thought it was dead, that it doesn't beat."

"It is what the medical world would deem dead, most vampires refer to their hearts as being dead anyway." he pulls me back onto the pillow, looking at me as we lay facing each other. "Technically not a dead heart, a vampire's heart can beat a multitude of ways. Some beat only a few times a day, some hearts beat like a low vibration, some barely beat at all, but all beat so low that it cannot be heard by even the best equipment except if..." he pauses and clears his throat, frowning. "It's why most of us say that it is dead, because it seems like it is. When we feed it can get faster, still inaudible though. The victims heart helps pump the blood through us."

I listen to him a little gob smacked at it all.

"How are you able to disappear?" I yawn mid-sentence.

Lucas looks at me like I am some kind of uncouth child.

"Power of the mind Scarlett. Vampires come with the standard abilities such as disappearing, unnatural strength and speed, the ability to read minds and speak to them, telepathy with each other. Some vampires get extra abilities that help them lure their victims like enhanced seduction, lulling."

"Lulling?" I interrupt.

He gets a wicked grin, leaning in to whisper something in my ear. I suddenly become very tired, more so than before. The edges of my vision darken, my mind becomes blurry, my eyes heavy. I can feel his cold hand on my neck as he kisses the other side, moving up to my ear.

"Do you want me Scarlett?" he whispers barely audible.

I gasp for air, feeling my heart race as he kisses along my jaw. In an instant he pulls away from me and my eyes focus and my mind snaps back, becoming clear.

"Then there are some vampires that have an advantage, knowing the right people that can teach them things."

"Such as?"

He chuckles leaning closer to me, his lips hovering just over mine.

"I am so glad that you asked."

I watch as he gets up onto his knees, leaning back onto his legs. He closes his eyes with his hands resting on his legs. My body feels heavy, I cannot move from the bed but that is the least of my concerns, something inside of me tingles. Lucas opens his eyes, they are as dark as they were before, he grins at me, but there are no fangs showing, just a perfect wicked smile. The tingle in the depths of my body begins to escalate, moving from the pit of my stomach higher up my body. My heart races, feeling something building inside of me. I can feel my cheeks flush as my breathing becomes more rapid.

"What are you doing to me?" I pant, glorious feelings caress me.

He raises his eyebrows slightly with that wicked grin still plastered across his face. A sensation rockets through me, igniting a burning need.

"Oh god." I gasp for air.

The heaviness of my body starts to lift, I can move just a little. I close my eyes, enjoying the thrill, the sensations building fast and heavy, ready for release. My hands grip the bed sheets, the rise and fall of my chest increases. Let it out Scarlett he whispers in my mind. His words send me over, my body writhed with the intensity. It was unbelievable and he didn't even lay a single finger on me.

His fingers trailed down my very sensitive body.

"Sure you don't want to have some fun?"

My mind is yelling at me to say yes to him right now. No snippety mind, no berating me, just Lustful Scarlett ordering me to pounce on him. I watch him as his eyes follow his fingers, making their way up my body. His head snaps up as he frowns.

"Maybe later." he murmurs, getting off the bed, leaving the room.

"How rude." I mutter.

I sit up and hang my legs over the edge of the bed, the carpet tickling the soles of my feet. It's left me feeling rather strange, my mind rattles with a need for Lucas and then quickly rebukes me, scolding me for having such lustful thoughts about my captor. Well that didn't last very long, did it my snarky mind? You do remember last night, right? Bah! She scoffs. I decide that another dip in that lovely water is in order. Or a cold shower it sniggers at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34M 928K 63
Seventeen-year-old Scarlett Hayes is living her life by her own rules. Losing her parents at a young age has made her strong and fiercely independent...
12K 411 38
Scarlett violet Morgan is just a regular normal teenage girl well that what she thinks. Scarlett is currently a full time college student. She enjoys...
346K 20.4K 50
(𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞🔞) Scarlett Miller works hard and plays harder. Yet, she never expected to find herself running for her l...
43 0 38
This is about a female girl Olivia, Liv for short, that is daughter of the alpha. she is the youngest of her kind to become an alpha. she hates when...