Under The Rain [DAISUGA AU]

By Skull_0

[ON HOLD] "Ever since we born, we're supposed to be free..." The chained wing who forcefully escape from its... More

Stray Corp
His Wing
Outside The Wall

Our Freedom

37 2 6
By Skull_0

Suga really want to punch Daichi in the face right now.

Given the strength, he might send the tanned to a hospital. But there's a wall called 'dept' that keep him from actually destroy his whole flat. And our favorite thug is nearly exploding from actually waking the honor student.

He tried shaking him, shouting, probably the neighbor heard it, actually throwed him some cold autumn water but amazingly, nearly everything didn't have any effect. Now he crossed his arms as he frow, a soaked Daichi still sleeping.

After a while, Suga gives up and just let him snore off. The thug use the time to wash up, cooked some easy breakfast and brewed some coffee to wake his mind open.

It's been two months since Suga became the resident of Daichi's flat. He was very grateful he have a roof to sleep but then again, oweing this evil student any kind of dept would be the death of him, so he started working part-time for intuition fee and others.

Suga deliberately take his time, savoring the flavor of his coffee until he heard a loud thod and a scream coming out from their room.

Well, Karma did a pretty well job.

"D-Dammit Koushi!! I told you to wake me!! I'm late now aren't I ?!" Daichi runs around the house, hurriedly wear his uniform.

"I did, moron!" Suga half-yells.

Daichi wears his uniform messily, grabbed his bag and run to toward the door. Suga, watches deadpanly as Daichi messes their flat. He keep staring at the tanned at the whole mess and proceed to walk calmly to send him off.

"Hey." Suga called Daichi as he about to slam close the door. The silence wrapped around them, but not awkward. "Be careful. Don't trip." Suga said as he close the door. Daichi stood there for awhile but the reality decided to slap him wake and makes him race againts the very slim time he had left.

Today is a holiday, but the counsil students decided to hold a meeting. Daichi thanked his fast legs to actually be able to arrived in time. The meeting wasn't long and all, but he has a war with his grumbling hungry stomach.

Just, never skip a meal, guys. Especially in the morning.

After the meeting declared over, Daichi curses his life as everyone eat their lunchs and he brought nothing but documents and himself. As he sighed, he noticed his books won't fit anymore. As he peeks inside his bag, he pull the box over his lap, a clothed box of lunch.

"Wasn't very honest, huh?" Daichi smiled to himself and start eating.

Maybe the plan to get his revenge has to put in hold.

----

Suga reads some books on the sofa when the bell rings. He walked and open the door, revealing a short, probably angry man. Suga can feel a sweat down his temple as he smile sheepishly. Before Suga can said anything, the man talked in a cold notes.

"Please refrain from any big noise in the morning. We all know the walls aren't the thickest." He clicked his tongue.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Ackerman."

"You'd better be." He frowns as he slam the door shut, leaving Suga froze for awhile.

'Neighboring beside Mr. Levi is sure takes courage.' Suga thought as he continue his book. Even this strongest thug's legs are jelly around him.

He continue to read in peace accompanied with tea, as he read the next paragraph which made him wonders.

Should I go to the lair?

Suga is pretty sure to confirmed his henchmen well beings around. Even without his command, Akaashi can managed to control their action. But it's been pretty long since he last see them.

But then again, he promised Daichi not to come back there anymore.

Suga sighed and he closes his book before taking his coat and sliding on his shoes, grabbing on to his wodden sword.

Just a little meet up won't hurt anyone.

Suga makes his way toward the abandoned storage secretly, walking down some narrow alleys and have to climb a wall a bit before finally arriving. Anyone could noticed him with that badass black dirty coat and a wooden sword on his shoulder, so he should proceed with careful.

The thug boss didn't expect any welcome, given the time everyone should be in the town. But his eyes is greeted with an unpleasant scenery.

The storage is a mess. The broken car is now dismantled, iron beated 'till it bent, the slightly dirty wall is now full of graffiti. Suga takes a look around, and widen as he saw a certain thing.

Blood.

He immediately rushed toward the smeared blood. Looking from the amount, it could be the result of physical abuse. Suga stared at the blood in disbelieve.

There's no way his henchmen did this right?

Dragging the innocent, hurt them all behind his back, faking the smile they showed him?

No, there's no way.

Suga croutchs as his daze off, which make him noticed the shadow looming behind him slower. He quickly pointed his sword with a purgatory gaze which scares the other good, making them fall to the ground and shivers in fear.

"S-Sugawara boss!! I-It's m-me...! P-Please don't...."

"Oh, it's you. Sorry about that." Suga retracts his sword and helps him get up.

"What are you doing here? At this time too?"

"Ever since, we decided to meet up once in a while to update things round. The other should come around soon. They would be very happy to meet you again, boss!" The henceman, named Shinji, which is actually older than Suga excitedly said.

"Uh, before that I want to ask you something." Suga's voice is shaking a bit. Should he ask about the blood? Shinji patiently waiting as he smile to his leader. Suga then sighed mentally and decided he'll investigate it alone later.

"Uh, nevermind. How're you going?" They talked about various things, waiting for the other to come and make a crowd. Not long after, the storage has filled. As they excitedly cheer around, Suga clears his throat.

"My men! I couldn't be more proud of you guys. Even without my command, you still stay true to our policy and keep the peace around." He starts strong, proudness in his tone.

"For now all your hardwork have bloomed, now you all have a place where you can belong and freedom within reach. Now we can live with the other without any worries of discrimination!!" With the last exclamation, the thugs cheer around, fist-bumping each other and clap in happiness.

"Akaashi, I personally thank you for leading these guys." Suga softly said as he earned a smile and a nod from the younger thug.

"Now that we have the freedom we always wanted, maybe it's time to-"

A raised hand stopped Suga on his track.

"Uh, S-Sugawara boss, y-you're not gonna disband this group, right?" The storage is filled with silence as the guy continue.

"I don't want the only place I can be myself get destroyed!! I love this place!! I-It's...it's too fast!!" His voice is shaking, yet filled with determination.

"Is it because of our freedom? Is it because you finally attain peace and normal life?"

"Or is it because that Daichi guy?!" Weird. Suga suddenly wanted to punch his own henchmen until his face is destroyed. He feel his fingers twitch around his wodden sword.

"That's enough." Luckily, Akaashi stepped in and stopped Suga. The leader has come down and almost dashes toward his men. Akaashi's stern voice managed to snap him up. The storage is filled with awkward silence and murmurs but before things got even weirder, Shinji coughed, earning the attentions.

"Anyway, now we got here, anyone wanna share their story?" Smiles started to rose among the men.

"You know, the scary old lady is actually very nice! I was given some of her homemade cookies for helping her! I thought she was going to kill me!!" The laughter blasted around, making Suga smiles in his stand.

"Well that was nice. I got scolded by my other boss. He said I must keep my smile up the whole work. My muscle are tired!!" The awkward atmosphere finlly gone, all of them now chatting around and goofing, like usually Suga knew and wanted.

"How about you Sugawara boss?"

He didn't expected to be asked. Suga has a lot of things to talked about, like about the blood or how things are but he smiled and sighed as he started.

"You know, that Daichi...he won't wake up even after I splashed him!! He's as dense as a rock!!"

The storage is filled with laughter and chatters, living up the night as the stars shining in the pitch black sky.

After a certain amount of hours, they decided to went home. Suga walks, accompanied by Akaashi before the latter parted away.

Suga smiled to the futhering back. Akaashi is one responsible person but judging from the meeting, he seems clueless about any accident and he shouldn't add anymore worries to him.

Two problems are enough for him.

Suga tip-toed his way inside the apartement. Not only he was gone, he was out till late. As much as Suga dislike Daichi, he didn't want to make the latter found out that he snuck out.

As he arrived at the door, he quickly peeks to see no light is on. Well, that's weird. After making sure it's safe, Suga lockpicks the door carefully, not leaving any mark and succeded. Don't ask where did he learned that.

He opened the door slowly and closed it with the softest thud before finally sighed in relieve. The whole flat is dark as a hole. Even he dubbed as midnighy crow, the thug hardly could see in the pitch dark.

He tried to search for the switch, bumping here and there but he managed to find it and click on it. The light filled the room, blinding Suga for a bit before his eyes could focus on what's in front of him.

Hahaha. Trick or treat? Unfortunately, it isn't halloween.

"AAAAgh!! OUCH!!" Suga jumped back, his head bumping to the door and he slides down to the floor. It's very painful his eyes might teared up if he didn't stop it. He rubbed the back of his head as he heard of a shutter clicking.

"Well, so much for the very scary thug." Daichi deadpanly scrolling through his phone.

"You scared me! What are you doing?! Standing like that!"

"THAT's my line, Koushi. Do you think how worried I am...if something would happened to you, I'll-...." Daichi suddenly stopped and sighed.

"Come on, you made me wait for so long."

"Where are we going?" Suga stands up, putting his wooden sword back to the umbrella stand.

"To eat dinner." He smirk to Suga, but it was different from his usual one.

They walked side-by-side, guided by the stars's light. It's still fall, yet the night wind could easily inflicted a cold. The walk to the diner isn't long, but it's a very awkward situation. Either of them talked and keep their distance.

Suga peeks once everytime from the edge of his eyes. Daichi didn't particulary looked mad, but he seems lost in his thought. Is he really that mad? Suga is a thug, he surely can keep himself safe. But, deeply Suga is happy that someone cared for him. At least someone did.

The diner itself isn't very crowded. Both of them quickly get a seat near window and order their food. Daichi avoided eye contact and keep playing with tissue near his fingers. It seems that he wanted to said something.

"Say it."

"What...?"

"Don't play dumb. Just spit it." Suga keeps his tone under control.

"..." Daichi refused to talk. He silently watches as the rain falls on the outside. They remained silence thoughtout the dinner, stealing glances once in a while. Suga sighed as he glances at Daichi.

"Angry?" Suga asks,

"No."

"You know there's no need to worry, right?"

"I know." Daichi keeps his eyes on the plate.

Suga chewed slowly and sighed inside. He might broke their promise but what's the worry? He's a man, a thug on top of it. Surely can defend himself. But Suga felt a guilt rising up from his gut and surely makes his food tenth times disgusting.

They finished and as soon as they paid their food, they went home. The rain went to cease for awhile, but it started to fall again, making the two stranded in front of a closed shop.

Either of them said a word. They're too busy with their thoughts. Suga keeps in check on Daichi once in awhile. He didn't let his brows soften even once.

It really makes the pit of his stomach turns bad. He really grateful someone is worried over him. But it just....weird. Suga didn't like that look on Daichi's face. He didn't like it even more when he's mad. He sighed and cleared his throat.

"Look, sorry to made you worried over me. But as you can see, I'm fine!!" Daichi keeps frowning as if he didn't listen at all.

"Agh! Just stop this!! Look at me!! Talk to me!! Please!! I hate this kind of situation, okay? I'm starting to get mad, you know!!"

"Sorry." Daichi looks clueless.

"What for?"

"For not listening."

"What..." Suga raised his eyebrow.

"Well, I do upset because you broke the promise. But you're here and safe. That all I need." Suga stared at Daichi in silence. Well, it's good to know that he trust him, but Suga felt a different kind of emotion rushing to his cheek. Daichi smiled as he looked down, scraching his head.

"I guess...there's nothing to worried about anyway." This time he fully face Suga, smiling. His brown irises shines in his trust to Suga.

"Then why are you avoiding me?" Suga frowns.

"Am I? I guess the council works are eating me up." He stares up as he lied.

"Okay then? Just don't overwork yourself." He pats Daichi's back like a care mother.

"You're so kind Koushi. Now who's worry who's?" Daichi hits Suga side lightly as he smirk.

"Rockhead." He smiled and continue to watch the wavering pool of rain.

"Man, it's still autumn but the degree around has dropped a lot." Daichi smiled, his breath is light.

"Yeah, makes you want to lazy around under a warm kotatsu." Suga sighed, leaning his back to the wall, making himself comfortable.

"Wanna buy one? I think we can get by the start of the winter if we save up from now."

"Or build one! It'll be much cheaper."

"Anything goes I guess." Daichi chuckled. A comfortable silence is warping the two as the cloud went away.

"Oh, the rain stopping. Let's get back." Daichi took the lead and the two continue to walk home under the star. Suga could feel the wind tickling his skin, freezing it over, but one certain warmth haven't leave him yet.

"Uh, hand?" Suga asks he pointed to their connected hand. He might has shuttered some of his words.

"Your punish-... actually, just leave it. Come on, it's freezing." Daichi then proceeded to pull Suga closer to him, snuggling him closer. Suga can feels the heat radiating from both his heart and his cheek.

A/N: Shinji actually not an OC? I imaged him like Fukurodani's Konoha, but I don't want to call him Konoha.

So sorry if it's shitty

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 957 23
It's been 7 years since Hinata graduated high school, and 3 since he last saw his teammates. For the last 5 years Hinata has been in a lovely relati...
12.4K 311 8
the cover was not made by me at all!!! it was something I have gotten off of pintrest. and this is my frist time writeing a haikyuu fanfiction so I h...
525K 11.3K 45
some haikyuu content for you guys hope you enjoy! currently rewriting some of the earlier chapters so bear with me * next to the rewritten ones lowe...