The Mafia's Son

By ehrikuhhh

Hailey Summers. I knew she was gonna be a problem for me the second my eyes fell on her in the school hall w... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
EPILOGUE

Chapter Twelve

86.9K 2.1K 1K
By ehrikuhhh

Another update so soon? Whoop whoop!! Enjoy my babies xoxo

Today just wasn't my day. I didn't think it could possibly get any worse after what happen with my dad this morning, but I some how manage to make that happen. I had officially pissed off Isaac Matteo. After he stormed out of class, he was no where to be seen. I thought about texting him, but I was honestly afraid that he would still be mad and decided not to. His friends hadn't heard from him either, Angela was blowing his phone up nonstop until he finally shut it off and it went straight to voicemail. I had really done it this time. If whatever we had wasn't ruined before, it sure as hell was now.

It really didn't take long for word to get out around school of what happened in second period. I had officially went from being Hailey, the quiet girl no one knew, to the girl Isaac Matteo was hooking up with, and now.. the girl who had ticked him off. By the rates the rumors were going, I think it was safe to say that it's time I moved to a different school. Honestly, some of these rumors were insane, how do people come up with these type of things.

Some of the students were saying that they saw Isaac hit me, and that's why no one could find him, or get ahold of him. Someone had even said that they over heard me tell Isaac that I was pregnant, and that he wasn't to happy about it and that's why he had stormed out of class. People were genuinely stupid. I was stupid. I should've kept my mouth shut, I shouldn't have let those girls get to me to begin with. Now look at what I've created, I was in a whole new type of mess.

Isaac's friends didn't necessarily talk to me, but the ones I did have in my classes, they all sat around me for some strange reason. No one really talked to me actually, not that I wanted to talk to anyone. Madison and Angela were the only two that I had conversated with through out the day. Apparently Isaac had finally turned his phone back on around 2 in the afternoon and messaged Angela while we were in English. He ignored anything little thing she said from her previous messages, and instructed that she give me a ride home. Not wanting to argue with her or with him for the matter, I agreed to go with her.

After class was over Angela and I walked to the front of the school, when she informed me that we would be riding along with Dion because she hadn't drove to school today. I simply nodded and continue to walk along beside her.

"Hey," she playfully nudges me with her arm. "It'll be okay. He'll come around, he just needs time." She smiles. I smile back when we hear a honk and look up in front of us to see the same black jeep from before. "Come on," Angela says. "That's for us."

She gently tugs on my arm, pulling me along with her until we're next to the jeep. She opens the back seat door for me, and then the passenger door for herself and climbs in. I climb into the jeep myself and close the door behind me. Dion immediately greets me, and says, "buckle up, red."

I reach for the seat belt to my right and buckle in, as Dion starts to pull out of the school parking lot. We're about to drive onto the open road when a car pulls up in front of us, and Dion's suddenly slamming onto his breaks as all of our bodies are being jerked forward. I move my hair from my face and noticed that It's not just any car, it's his car, it's Isaac's BMW.

An unhappy looking Isaac steps out of the car, and starts making his way to the jeep.

"Fucking idiot!" Dion snarls, as he honks his horn at Isaac, who flicks his burning cigarette at Dion's windshield.

Angela grabs onto Dion's bicep, gently tugging on his sleeve. "Don't argue with him, Dee. Just let it go, please. You know he only smokes when he stressed out."

Stressed out? What could Isaac possibly be stressing over? I quietly think to myself in the back seat.

He walks around the jeep opening my door wide open. "Get out," he grumbles and I quickly oblige. I grab my bag and jump out of the jeep, standing quietly behind Isaac. "I'm taking her home after all," he tells his friends, slamming the door shut.

He grabs onto my hand, pulling me towards his car and opens the passenger door for me. I quietly slide into his car, which is still on, and wait for him to get inside. Ten seconds later he's in the BMW and we're peeling out into the open road, finally getting out of Dion's way.

It's extremely quiet. He's not talking, he's not playing any music, he's not doing anything, he's just driving. I'm getting anxious here, I want to know what's wrong, why he stormed out the way he did, I wanna know where he's been, where he went, if he's okay.

I keep glancing over at him, wanting to say something, when he finally grumbles, "what?"

I shake my head, cowering back into my shell and look away. "You're not wearing your seat belt," I mumble, looking out the window.

Isaac doesn't say anything, but about three seconds later I hear a soft click. I turn back to my left and smile when I see that Isaac is now wearing a seatbelt. It's quiet for a couple more minutes when I finally build my courage back up and break our tedious silence.

"Are you still mad?" I ask timidly.

He scoffs tightening his grip on the steering wheel, "I was never mad."

"Could've fooled me.."

"I wasn't mad, Hailey, I was hurt." He scoffs again, "then I got mad for being hurt. I'm Isaac Matteo like everyone says, I don't get hurt."

"Isaac.."

"No. You're gonna hear me out, Hailey Summers." I stay quiet, letting him continue but he doesn't. We pull into my driveway and I'm glad to see that my dad isn't home yet. Isaac puts his car in park but doesn't kill his engine, he goes to undo his seatbelt, sighing deeply in his seat. "I can't control what people say, Hailey."

"I know that."

"I'm not finish," he adds. "I can't control what people say, but what I can do is reassure you.. but that's so hard to do when you automatically believe them, and don't give me a chance. I told you that night that I was way out of my element, Hailey. I asked you to let me prove to you that I wasn't the guy everyone thinks I am. I thought we were making progress, and then you turned into one of them, throwing that shit in my face, that I'm Isaac Matteo... Like as if anyone of those people actually knew who the fuck I was.. You wanna know why I don't date, Hailey?"

I glance over at him, "I can assure you that it's not because I like to sleep around, or because I don't want to be in a committed relationship. Hell," he scoffs. "I can't even remember the last time I was with someone.. It's because I haven't found anyone who's actually worthy of my time. Anyone who actually wanted to get to know me for me, rather than because of how I look or name... You grasped my attention because of who you were, Hailey, because you couldn't have cared less of who I am, but apparently it's becoming an issue now.."

"It's not!" I shake my head. It looks like Issac is about to say something else, but I don't give him the chance, quickly talking over him. "I am so sorry, Isaac. I am not a people person, I don't talk to anyone, this is all new to me. I shouldn't have said that, I was being stupid, I'm sorry."

I grab ahold of his hand, lightly squeezing it. "I like you, Isaac, I do.. and that alone scares me. But not because of who you are, but because of who I am." Isaac furrows his eyebrows, slightly tilting his head. "I'm nobody," I tell him. "It doesn't make sense for you to like a nobody."

Isaac scoffs softly, he reaches for his door handle and gets out of his car, while I sit there puzzled wondering what I could have done this time. He walks around the car and opens the passenger door, "get out of the car." He commands gently.

"What?" I manage to rasp out.

"Get out of the car," he repeats himself a bit more sternly.

I quietly undo my seatbelt and step out of his car, but Isaac doesn't give me much room, standing directly in front of me. He lets go of the door handle closing any little space between us, cups my face in his hands and leans down placing a kiss on my lips. All my tension immediately melts away, along with my insides and I kiss him back.

It's only a quick kiss, and I find myself wanting more when he pulls away. "You're not just a nobody, Hailey." He says in a low husky voice. "I hate to hear you talk like that. You're somebody, baby, everyone's a somebody in this world. I want you to be my somebody." He smirks.

I gaze up at him, "you do?"

Wait, did he just call me baby?

He nods and smiles, "go out with me this weekend, Hailey. Just you and me. No classrooms, no parties, no crowds."

I gaze deep into Isaac eyes for a second or two and smile, "okay."

Isaac actually looks a little taken back by my answer, but then again I've said no every other time he's asked me out. "Okay okay? As in yes?" He turns his head slightly, and I nod. His hands instantly cup my face and his lips are crashing against my own again. I wrap my hands around each one of Isaac wrist, and can't help but smile against his lips. He pulls back staying extremely close to me, his forehead practically against my own. He smiles staring into my eyes, "you're not gonna regret this," and gives me another quick kiss.

We pull apart from each other and he walks me to my front door, he releases the hand that he was holding onto and I start to dig into my bag, fishing out my set of house keys. I unlock my door anxiously thinking to myself if I should invite Isaac in. I'm not so nervous about hanging out with Isaac alone, I'm more nervous about my dad coming home early and finding Isaac here, alone, with me.

I grab ahold of the doorknob and turn to look at Isaac, "do you wanna come in?" I ask him. "Hang out for a bit?"

He grins and shakes his head no.. "I can't. I have something I have to do." Oh. "Plus," he adds. "I would like for your dad not to kill me before our date." I laugh softly and Isaac wraps and arm around my waist, pulling me in towards him. "How's Saturday?"

"Saturday's fine," I say looking up at his gorgeous face.

"Good," he leans in closer, and this time I initiate the kiss. Isaac wraps his other arm around me, pulling me in closer to him as I place my hands on his neck deepening the kiss. I feel Isaac gently push us backwards until my back is being collide with the wall to my house, and my doorbell is suddenly ringing.

Our small little kiss ends as Isaac and I break out into a small fit of chuckles, "that's probably a sign that I should go." He murmurs against our lips, letting go of me. "I'll pick you around 2 o'clock," he says and I nod agreeing with him.

~~~~~

My dad doesn't come home early like I thought he would've, he actually doesn't make it back home until a little passed 8pm. I was in the kitchen cooking up some dinner when my dad walked in, he greets me but other than that he stays pretty quiet. He's standing at the kitchen table going through the mail that came in today. I stir my pasta one last time and place the lid back on the pan and lower the heat, letting it simmer. I was cooking up some chicken Alfredo with broccoli in it, my mothers recipe to be exact, and it just so happen to be my dads favorite.

My mom actually loved to cook, as do I, and when she found out that she was sick she started writing all of our favorite recipes down. I remember her laughing, joking around, asking me not to let my dad and Caleb starve, that I would be the woman of the house when she was gone. I didn't start using any of her recipes until maybe a year after her passing. The first thing I had made from her book was this chicken Alfredo, my dad had literally broke down crying at the dinner table after tasting it that day.

I preheated our oven, pulling out the baking sheet from inside, I walk over to the freezer and pull out the box of Texas toast. I turn towards my dad, who's now reading what I can only assume is a bill. "Are you gonna want toast, dad?"

"Hmm?" He looks up from the paper in his hand.

"Toast?" I wave the box at him. "How many pieces?"

"Two," he answers shortly.

I pull out four of the frozen, garlicky, breads and lay them onto the cookie sheet, and place the box back into the freezer.

"I'm gonna shower real quick," my dad says unsmiling, tossing the mail back onto the table. I nod and he turns to make his way upstairs, as I place the garlic bread into the oven.

I reach for my phone in my back pocket and notice that I have two text messages, one is from Carmen and the other is from Madison. I ignore them both and open my clock app, setting an timer for 6 minutes. I turn the fire off to my pasta pan, removing it from the heat and let it sit until the bread is done. Six minutes later my alarm is going off and I'm pulling the bread out of the oven. I grab two plates from the cabinets and served my dad and I some dinner, along with the toast. I set the plates down on the table and go back to fetch some forks and drinks. I grab a water bottle from the pantry for myself, and some ice tea from the fridge for my dad, making my way back to the table.

I'm taking my seat when my dad turns the corner, ruffling a towel over his wet hair. He's in his plaid pajama pants already and a solid navy blue shirt. He takes his seat and we eat in complete silence for a few minutes, there's no small talk, no nothing. I left the tv playing in the living room to have some background noise as I cooked dinner, but it's faint.

I can't take this awkward silence anymore, i place my fork down on my plate and grab my water bottle. "Soooo," I utterly softly, uncapping my drink. "Are we gonna talk about it?"

"Talk about what?" My dad answers boredly, never taking his eyes off of his phone screen, bitting into his toast.

I cap my water bottle back up after taking a quick swig of it, "this morning?"

He looks up at me for a second and averts his attention back to his screen. "What about it? There isn't anything to talk about."

I scoff, "are you serious right now? You literally yelled at me all morning to answer my phone while I was in school, because we needed to have a serious talk!"

My dad puts his phone down, sighing deeply. "I don't want to argue with you, Hail."

"We're not arguing, dad, were talking."

He sighs again, "what do you want me to say?"

I shrug my shoulders, looking down at my half eaten plate of food. I pick up my fork playing with a noddle of pasta on my plate. "He asked me out again," I murmur and peak up to look at my dad, who's now looking back at me. "And I said yes."

My dad puts his head down massaging the side of his temples with one hand, slowly dragging his hand across his face. "I don't trust him," he husks looking back at me.

I snort softly, "you don't trust anyone."

"I really don't trust him though."

"You don't have too, dad, you just need to accept him. For me." He doesn't answer, he sighs once more. "Trust me dad.. I need to do this for myself. I need to start living my life, I need to put myself out there, I can't hide out in this house forever, dad. It's just one date, who knows if it'll grow into anything more. I need to start doing normal things girls my age are doing, dad, for all we know the date can go completely horrible."

"That's what I'm afraid of, Hail. I don't want to see you get hurt, baby."

"Then let me learn from my mistakes, dad! I won't ever know unless I actually put myself out there, unless I actually try.. Don't look at the negatives things, try to see the positive, dad."

"Like what?" He arches an eyebrow.

"For starters, nothing bad will ever happen to me because everyone's too afraid of him to do anything," I smile and my dad actually breaks out into a small soft chuckle. "I've never done anything to disrespect you, dad, and I really don't want to go down that road where the girl is constantly arguing with her dad, doing stuff behind his back."

My dad smiles, "you don't have a bad bone in your body, sweetheart, you couldn't rebel even if you wanted too."

I scoff, softly laughing. "That is not true! I've seen Caleb sneak out plenty of times. I'm a lot smarter than him, dad, i wouldn't get caught like he did. Id master it down to a perfection." My dad laughs and as do I, but my laughter dies down and I bring my voice back down to a serious tone. "I want your support on this dad, I need your approval.."

My dad stares at me sternly, taking a drink from his tea. "When's your date?" He asks, setting his glass back down.

"Saturday," I tell him.

He grabs his fork, placing some food on it and shoves it into his mouth. "And where do you guys plan on going?" He says in between chews.

I twirl my own fork into the remaining of my pasta, "I'm not sure," I say softly. "We haven't talked about it." 

My dad nods his head slowly, continuing to chew his food. He stays quiet for a few more seconds, when he picks up another spoonful of food. "I'll switch my days with Booth on Saturday," he looks up from his plate. "This way I'll be home, in case you need me."

I don't say anything in return, I simply smile at my dad. "Why are you smiling?" He furrows his eyebrows.

I shake my head, my smile only continuing to grow into a wide grin. "Thank you."

My dad attempts to dismiss the smile slowly growing on his face, but fails miserably. "Finish your dinner," he quirks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 10.7K 61
Summer Jones doesn't have a perfect life - a crazy half family, dropping grades and absolutely no idea on what she's doing in life. This tomboy has n...
133K 3.3K 39
*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. No one. But with those hazel eyes and her...
22.1K 345 41
"Who are y-you?" I whisper to him, scared that might he do something bad to me if I tried to move. Sensing the bad energy that screamed power and mys...
739K 23.2K 47
[TW: This book contains strong language and scenes that others may find uncomfortable to read. | Also note that this was made by a 13-year-old so don...