The CEO and her Employee | ✓

By sunshine_read

Years ago, many brave hearts have fought for gender equality, women rights and equal rights for blacks. Yet... More

Chapter-1: "Who would be taking her place?"
Chapter-2: "...you may leave,"
Chapter-3: "How long will we wait?"
Chapter-4: "Ummi,"
Chapter-5: "Regards, Noor Ahmed."
Chapter-6: "I mean...I do, Ma'am!"
Chapter-7: "I have to read, all of this, today?
Chapter-8: "Ammi jaan,"
Chapter-9: "Mr. AbdurRahman has arrived, Ma'am!"
Chapter-10: "Hold your horses, Mr. AbdurRahman"
Chapter-11: "Be good, children!"
Chapter-12: "Call me, Shawna, my dear."
Chapter-13: "Do you have all the documents, we need?"
Chapter-14: "would increase our stocks and profits..."
Chapter-15: "Why don't I treat you to lunch, today?"
Chapter-16: "...the sour taste, should be a little less."
Chapter-17: "I would like a Shawarma, please!"
Chapter-18: "I will come to meet your Ummi, after work hours."
Chapter-19: "Ye kitne kali hai,"
Chapter-20: "Do I look like the Chief Executive Officer of a Daycare?"
Chapter-21: "I don't want her to be a hindrance, in your work-process."
Chapter-22: "No. They died,"
Chapter-23: "...send her a marriage proposal,"
Chapter-24: "I wanted to help you,"
Chapter-25: "You want me to ask her?"
Chapter-27: "What had gotten into him?"
Chapter-28: "We have something of yours,"
Chapter-29: "I like you,"
Chapter-30: "It's my engagement, today!"
Chapter-31: "We have found, where he last was,"
Chapter-32: "Welcome to Delhi,"
Chapter-33: "Welcome home,"
Chapter-34: "I have started falling, for a monster,"
Chapter-35: "You will have to choose..."
Chapter-36: "She will...My heart says so,"
Chapter-37: "...because she ran away,"
Chapter-38: "...you went to see another girl!"
Chapter-39: "Abba,"
Chapter-40: أنا أحبك
Epilogue

Chapter-26: "You are forgiven, Ummi Fahad,"

2.6K 229 13
By sunshine_read

Noor adjusts her scarf, while sipping on a cup of Ghawa, which she had made herself, for her guest.

Ameena Aunty sits opposite her, while not uttering a word.

What was it, she had come for? The purpose is quite unknown, until, she decides to break the silence.

"I really like you. And, when I asked Fahad, about, how he felt about you; he had all praises. You didn't get angry with me, even after I insulted you. You are nice to me, an old woman; which is an important characteristic, in my ideal daughter-in-law."

Noor stares at Ameena, as, everything dawns on her. He wasn't going to marry Danice. He was going to marry her!

Ya Rabbi! She takes a deep breath in.

"I really appreciate the fact, that, you talked to me. I will think about it, In sha Allah,"

"In sha Allah," Ameena wipes her mouth, with a tissue paper, before getting up to leave.

Ameena lays a gentle kiss on Noor's forehead, while muttering, "You are beautiful, Ma sha Allah...I'm sorry,"

"You are forgiven, Ummi Fahad,"

Noor had already forgiven her, long ago. She wasn't one, who held onto grudges.

Ameena then, bids farewell.

~~~

Next day, at work, Noor tries to avoid her Secretary, after the dreams she had, the night before.

Fahad hadn't mentioned anything about it. But, she was to think about his proposal.

After working with him, for about 7 months, she could say, that he was different, unlike the men, she usually saw, who found pleasure in ogling at women.

Even her male colleagues were quite different. Sahil, for example, is like her brother; she couldn't marry him. But, with Fahad, she is totally a different person. Why? She didn't know.

She couldn't talk to anyone, about this; she misses her Ummi! But, now that she had nobody to consult, she would certainly rely upon Allah's decision.

What if this is a trick of his, to increase his pay?

Is this a trick of his, to get a higher position?

Some very negative questions race through her mind. What if?

After praying Salat-ul-Istikhara, her heart and mind calm down, a little.

~~~

Fahad had been hyperventilating, all morning, for some odd reason. When he had seen Noor, in the morning, he could tell that, she was avoiding him.

Had he done something wrong?

~~~

She decides to ignore him, until she is completely sure.

But, ignoring wasn't quite possible, because, every time she looked up, from her desk, towards the window before her, she could already see him staring at her.

She could immediately feel her face heat up.

~~~

It had already been a day or two, since, she hadn't talked to him. Every time she had some work for him, she would tell Nina to deliver the message.

Nina knew something was wrong, yet, she didn't question.

But today, as she clears some papers, from her desk, she notices a pale colored envelop, amongst the stack of miscellaneous sheets.

She picks it up.

To: Noor

From: Fahad

Her eyes, immediately flint towards the empty chair, on the other side of the glass window.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 111K 63
"Why the hell did you tell them that you are my wife?" he whisper yelled at me. I stared at him in disbelief. "Answer me you useless" he yelled again...
9.6K 401 38
this is when Ava was in high school -but the demons are humans who are in high school with her! - just some normal (normal?) high school drama - not...
1.1M 45.6K 72
They are best friends. She loved him. He didn't. She imagined her future with him. But he never saw her more than a friend. He loved somebody else. H...
22.8K 1K 26
A sweet Story about a Girl Sanya, who is kind, soft, quiet and friendly in nature. Things take turn when she goes to a college. Sanya encounters wit...