At All Costs || Jerrie

By HauntedHaunter

Police officer Jade Thirlwall has to do everything in her power to protect her girlfriend Perrie Edwards when... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 (Part 1)
Chapter 16 (Part 2)
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 20

1.3K 58 14
By HauntedHaunter

Guess who's turning 18 today (Saturday)? Me! :D

**

Jade
After what felt like forever, the vehicle finally stopped. Considering neither me or Perrie had a seat-belt to keep us safe, we both got a bang to our heads when the vehicle abruptly stopped. Automatically, I put my hand on top of my head to rub it. Somehow, the rubbing eased the pain a little bit.

The door slid open and the four masked men appeared once again. They wasted no time, they grabbed Perrie by her arms and threw her recklessly to the ground.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, not pleased with the way they treated her.

"Shut up" they said coldly.

They grabbed my arms and dragged me out. I didn't even try to fight them, they'd easily knock me out if I tried anything. The best I could do was do whatever they wanted me to and not cause any scenes. I knew it'd backfire if I went against them. I learnt that back at the station, where I witnessed two officers get shot and another officer get stabbed with a machete.

"About time you showed up. What took you so long?"

"Lack of will to cooperate."

I stopped dead in my tracks when the one and only Sam Duchannes appeared out of nowhere. He looked a lot different now. His frame was bigger and his face a little older. He came off as completely terrifying, still.

"Well, well, well, look who we got here. Isn't it the heroic Jade Thirlwall?"

Sam placed his index finger on my chin and lifted my head up so my eyes met his. They were just as cold and emotionless as I remembered them to be. Nothing had changed. He was the same guy.

"Why am I here?" I asked coldly.

"Thought you'd like to see me" Sam said simply.

"But I don't" I spat.

"It doesn't take a genius to see that" he said.

He let go of my chin. I breathed out in relief, I didn't want to be touched by his filthy hands. Just as I thought he'd leave me alone, he surprised me by punching me in the face. I lost balance and fell to the ground. The metallic taste of blood spread in my mouth.

With an evil smirk on his serial-killer face, he grabbed my arm and pulled me back up on my feet.

"I'm gonna torture you exactly like they tortured me in prison" Sam said through gritted teeth.

"So that's why I'm here? To be your punching bag?" I asked.

"You are here because I wanted to make it clear to you that I am back!" He screamed, emphasizing the last three words.

He pushed me up against the brick wall. With no ounce of hesitation flowing in his veins, he threw another punch. This time he hit me in my stomach. I groaned out in pain as his clenched fist crashed into my body, inflicting harm.

"This is for arresting me!"

"This is for all the times I was tortured!"

"This is for missing my mother's funeral because of you!"

After every reason, each punch got more and more violent, inflicted more harm than the punch before. Sam kept coming with reasons as to why he hurt me, they rolled off his venomous tongue, as if he'd been waiting to say them out loud.

The masked men stood behind, watched the whole thing from a distance. It didn't seem like they were planning to intervene. Maybe they didn't dared to? Eh, they probably liked what they saw. Wouldn't surprise me if they did. Criminals were fucked up, after all.

"Hey, Sam, the cops have found us! We need to get going!"

A wave of relief washed over me. Hearing how scared they were and hearing the wailing police sirens that came closer by the second were incredibly calming to me. I wouldn't have to put up with Sam's rage more now, at least not for the rest of the day. Thank God.

When the familiar sound of the sirens came closer, Sam finally let go of me and ran the other way. The four masked men ran after him as fast as they possibly could, didn't look back once while leaving me and Perrie alone in the dead-end. Four police cars arrived to the scene within a second, but the criminals were gone.

My heart began beating outside my chest when Leigh-Anne and Jesy showed up, both looking okay. I had been worried about Leigh since she and Perrie were brought to the station, it felt insanely good to see her awake and back up on her feet.

"Are you alright, Jadey?" Jesy asked anxiously.

"Just fine. I'm more worried about Perrie" I said, sadness lacing my voice as I aimed my eyes at the unconscious blonde beauty on the ground.

**

Perrie
"She's been out for too long, we can't keep sitting here and wait for her to wake up."

"Leigh's right, we should get her an ambulance. She's in need of medical attention."

"Just wait a little longer, Jade."

Catching the name of my girlfriend, I shot my eyes open. Jesy's concerned face was the first thing I saw. Her gorgeous eyes were filled with worry. I flashed her a faint smile, which she was quick to answer. Leigh-Anne and Jade sat next to the breathtaking ginger.

"Hey there, blondie. You okay?" Leigh asked playfully.

"Been better" I smiled.

"Mhm, welcome back, by the way" she said softly.

My head throbbed and my body ached and I had a disgusting taste of blood in my mouth, but that did not stop me from sitting up. Though I was in pain, all I wanted was to embrace them in a bone-crushing hug. Felt like forever ago since last time I saw them.

Jade seemed to read my mind. Before I had opened up my arms, she had pulled me into her body. She held me close. I wrapped my arms around her waist and buried my face in her chest.

"I'm so happy you're alright, baba, I've been worried sick about you" she said while holding me like we were having our last goodbye.

Back at the station.

I sat on Jade's desk while she cleaned me up. She dabbed my face with soft cotton balls. The worst had been well taken care of. Jade somehow stopped the bleeding from my head and kept the wound protected by putting a special kind of band-aid on it.

She'd done everything so neatly; asked me where it hurt, examined my body for potential internal injuries by touching me with her hands, cleaned every single cut, and put on band-aids to prevent my cuts and wounds from getting infected.

"There you go, beautiful. Doctor Thirlwall has now fixed you up" Jade smiled.

"Thank you very much, doc" I giggled.

Jade collected the used, blood-soaked cotton balls from her organized desk and threw them in the trash-can.

"I'm just gonna go get something in me car. Will you wait here until I come back?" Jade asked tenderly.

"I'm not going anywhere, baba" I smiled.

She pecked my lips, then she got up from her office chair and left me with Jesy and Leigh-Anne. The two smirked knowingly at each other. I was just about to begin small-talking when Jade came back.

"Hold up your hair for me, baby" she said softly.

"Okay..." I said, confused.

Confused yet curious about what Jade had in store, I grabbed ahold of my blonde hair and held it up like a high ponytail. A shiver cascaded down my spine when a cold chain touched my pale skin.

"Remember the conversation we had the other night about what to do if one of us died before the other? I've been thinking and realized that it wasn't fair of me to not let you talk about something you thought was important. I understand now why you wanted to have that conversation. I could've died last night, when I went into the robbed jewelry store without any kind of protection. Luckily, I didn't. Before we sent the owner to the hospital, I bought you this necklace."

Jade paused. She freed my hair from my loose grip, then she returned to her office chair. Looking deeply into my eyes, she grabbed both my hands, held them loosely in hers.

"As long as you wear it, I'll be with you. You'll never be alone as long as you have it. I got it for you, because I want you to have a piece of me that you can carry around no matter where you go. Me job is risky and there are no guarantees that I'll come home at the end of the day. So, if I'd die while working one day, I wouldn't disappear from you. Not completely. The necklace would keep me in your heart. As long as you wear it, Perrie, you'll have me right by your side, even when I'm not here physically to watch over you and care for you" she explained lovingly.

"Jade..." I gasped.

"Hush, baba, you don't have to say anything" she said softly.

A genuine smile crept upon my face. As I looked at the woman sitting in front of me, I couldn't help but feel like the luckiest person on Earth. I had the most sweetest, caring, loving girlfriend. I wouldn't trade her for the world. Her gesture was so sweet. The meaning behind it was heartwarming.

And just when I thought I couldn't love her more.

Smiling from ear to ear, I placed my hands on Jade's soft cheeks. Knowing what'd come next, she tilted her head to the left (her right) and crashed her lips against mine. Fireworks went off in my stomach. My head was spinning and my heart was racing. Crazy what effect her kiss had on me.

"Thanks for the necklace, baba. It's beautiful" I said softly as I broke apart from the kiss.

"Beautiful like you, then" Jade said warmly.

"Oh, stop it you" I giggled.

I pressed my forehead against hers. Jade rested her hands on my hips. A smile played on her lips. By looking into her eyes, I could tell what she thought about, what she wanted. But that had to wait until later. What would they say if we suddenly ripped our clothes off and slept with each other on Jade's desk? Nah, she'd have to wait with the good stuff until we came home.

"Why are you two not married yet?" Leigh-Anne and Jesy asked in unison, causing me and my girlfriend to break apart and look at the pair that was now on their way far, far away from us.

__________________________________________________________
Sorry for the short and crappy chapter, everyone. Next one will be longer, you have my word on that 💗

xxMxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 1.8K 35
The Death of Agent Jade Thirlwall has been a hot topic ever since it came out. Everyday reporters and even paparazzi are waiting and even sleeping in...
23.7K 753 10
Everyone secretly indulges in the entertainingly tragic story of a pop star gone wild. Perrie figures she would be just like everyone else. Turns out...
22.7K 528 22
Jade loves Perrie and wants to tell her but she's scared that she doesn't feel the same. Perrie is going through a hard breakup with her ex- fiancé Z...
91.1K 3K 19
Jade and Perrie. Perrie and Jade. Best friends forever, or so Perrie thought until one day Jade leaves without even a goodbye. Years later, Perrie's...