Not my type

By unfortunatelysky

You are ignorant and selfish. All the colors inside of you are gray, like the you smoke exhale. You are easil... More

//Sneak peek\\ Heart soup
Chapter Two: Hello Goodbye
โ€ขNOT MY TYPE BOPSยฐ

Chapter One: Warm welcome

7.3K 418 232
By unfortunatelysky

"Home sweet home."

The rowdy streets were busy with people coming in and out of the surrounding shops. The sharp blaring noises of car horns zipped through the smoky rainy air. As I walked up the peeling stairs, I looked up at my new home.It was almost disrespectfully hideous. The pale brick apartment building looked as if I breathed any harder, it would crumble to pieces.

The halls stench greeted me with a medley of frying oil, sweat, and possibly blood. For a brief moment I considered backing out, but I instantly cleared those thoughts knowing I didn't have the heart to kill the plans Tiffany and I made since we were twelve. And I couldn't give my parents the satisfaction of me coming back home so soon.

I didn't even have a chance to use my key before the chipping 441 door of my apartment swung open in a fury, "Nami!" my best friend called out to me. I caught sight of her wide smile before her arms captured me.

"You know I hate hugs, Tiff." I groaned into her honey-brown hair.

She rolled her eyes. "You know that doesn't apply to me."

When she turned back into the apartment I'm surprised to discover that it was quite nice. I mean when you walk into young musician's bachelor pad, what do you expect?For me personally, A torn futon and pizza slices scattered around the place like candles. But yet, there were bookshelves and plants. I'm not sure what I expected from Tiffany's rock star boyfriend's apartment, but it definitely wasn't bookshelves and plants.

"Who knew that Lincoln was secretly Martha Stewart ?" I picked up one of the plastic white tulips that was kept in a glass vase as a centerpiece.

She snorted."No, that was me. Have to busy myself somehow while he's on tour."

I set my bags down by my feet and sigh. ignoring the voice in my head saying how ungrateful that was to say while I've been nothing but attentive towards her since he has left. They've only been together for six months but it feels like ten years deep into marriage the way those two act. She has a key to his apartment and will keep his bed warm while he's away. When she suggested that we spend the summer together at his place before I leave off to uni, I couldn't say no. We always talked about us moving in together. Who knew how often we would see each other when I move across the state line? Or with how things are moving with her and Lincoln, when would we have the chance to live together?

A blaring ringtone cuts off my thoughts.

"Speak of the devil." She grins at me on a geographical scale. I nod my head towards the back to let her know I'll go to my room to give them a moment.

I hear her voice all high and sweet as molasses as I recede down the hall, and force myself not to frown. Lincoln's guest room is where he keeps his instruments. I bet this is where he writes music too. The large window with a fire escape combo overlooks the city. In a nauseatingly cringy artist mindset, I bet he thinks it gives him inspiration. I unpack, and hope that I get in higher spirits. The rainy weather must be the reason for my mood.

"You hungry?" she pops her head into my new room with a smirk.

"Must you ask rhetorical questions?"

The sky had changed from a grayish white to black and blue. The evening was illuminated from the city life. So different compared to our little suburban town that lies on the outskirts of these lights. It's pretty when it's dark. The area was a hot hub for young adults since there were three surrounding universities. One of which, Tiffany is attending this upcoming fall. Freedom and stupidity hung in the air, but I marveled in it. I was finally free. We didn't walk far before we settled on a restaurant named O'conners.

"What can I get you  beautiful people for today?" I turned my attention towards the counter. In a white T-shirt covered by the same color apron was an handsome guy with pastel pink hair. The hair color was atrocious but he had the kind of face to pull off anything.Whoa. With a smile like that I'm not surprised that tip jar is full. His name tag read Tyler.

"Is there anything I can get you?" The words spilled from my mouth accidentally, but I didn't mind the slip up.

He threw his head back in a laugh,and those brown eyes crinkled at the corners. "If you know any single rich men, let me know."

Tiffany grabbed my arm and we both laughed, not expecting that turn of events.

"Will do." I winked.

"I haven't seen you guys around  here before, and trust me I would have remembered cheekbones like that." He stares down at me from over the counter with a playful light in his eyes. I can tell he talks without thinking. It's his second nature to be charming.

"We just moved to the area. Please tell me that you  guys are hiring." I say, but regret it.Even Tiffany stares at me, but I don't meet her eye. I know what she's thinking. I'm not even a day into the city and I'm already networking. I can't help it. My parents always told me to do things that will advance me. I'm pretty sure working in a restaurant is not what they meant, but meeting more people never hurts. I would also just love to work here. The vibe just seemed so  chill, and I think I would have a good time with Tyler around.

"We're the busiest restaurant on all of the  campus'," he leans closer towards me. "You think you can just walk in here and get hired?" A certain sudden seriousness to his voice.

Before I even uttered a response, he speaks. "How well can you hold large amounts of food?"

"Call me fridge." I scoff, making them both laugh.

"Consider you hired." The door opened and more people arrive, his eyes glance to the sudden line.

Tiffany chuckled in bewilderment, "No way! Just like that?"

"Just like that." He winked as I smiled.

We leave O'conners and ordered burgers, but took them back to the apartment. Tiffany kept rambling on and on about how I could convince a moth through flame. Which isn't really hard to do if you think about it. I will be the first to admit I've probably mastered the art of communicating.From birth I was groomed to be number one.  Number one in my academics, athletics,and apparel. I remained as student body president consecutively for all four years of high school and for good reason. I know how to persuade, but now my powers fail me once we raided Lincoln's movie collection and fought over Austin Powers or The Notebook.

If it were six months ago, it would be a smooth agreed Austin Powers,but ever since she found her Ryan Gosling she was a blindside hopeless romantic. We used to make fun of people like her at school but now she's infected with the love bug and there was nothing I could do about it. I could only pray that I wouldn't end up like her. I really don't have time for some dusty boy to come into my life and distract me from my goals.

"Why does he even have this movie anyway?" I grumbled, while I munched on a fry. Consumed with the thought that love is a disease.

"Fine, Let's watch Pretty little liars." She huffed, but I knew that she adored the show just as much as I do. We changed into our pajamas, and even though we just had burgers Tiffany made our signature bowl of M&M's and Skittles.

"Thank you, roommate." I said, when she handed me the bowl.

"You're welcome, roommate." She responds with the same cheesy grin. "I'm glad you're here."

I pretend to vomit.

"Gross." I say, but I'm happy I'm here too.

This is what we imagined at twelve years old. Us on the couch with no bed time, binge watching our favorite shows. Laughing and talking about any and everything. Suddenly I didn't care about chipping paint or her being in love. I was here with my best friend.

As we entered only our third episode, blaring music made us jump at the sudden increase. Sure, there was a steady low bass that gently hummed outside the door throughout the hours,but now it was screaming.The volume exploded through what seemed to be paper thin walls.My fight or flight reflex kicked into gear and there was no way I was going to run from this. Tiffany must have sensed my motives because she jolted up to override my harbored stampede.

"We just moved in. Let's not get into a fight on our first night."

"Okay, I won't." I said too fast. She undoubtedly saw right through my effort.

"Nami, Don't." She said.

I softened my voice. "I won't. Let me go."

Her large hazel eyes read mine and I can tell she was too relaxed to keep up her stance for much longer. She sighed, and in that brief moment of opportunity- I took it. I pushed past her, and hurried to the door. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as Tiffany rolled off the couch. She quickly stood and grabbed for me and missed but knocked me a bit off balance. She was laughing now but I was still fuming from the booming music. She sprinted towards the door and for a moment I thought she's going to block it, but in one quick motion grabbed the bowl of candy and poured it on the floor.

I stop.

She stops.

"Tiffany...why?" I cover my mouth and stare down at the mess. I can tell by her face that she found herself to be just as stupid as I was thinking in that moment.

She uttered a swear."That usually works in the movies, you're supposed to trip on them."

"Uh huh, clean this up." I walked towards the door, but this time she doesn't stop me.

I trace the music up to the fifth floor, one floor above us. It didn't take long for me to find the apartment.The smell of smoke radiated from outside the door. There was no way the party could hear me banging with how loud the music was. It wasn't until someone opened the door to leave, that I barged in. The quaint apartment was too small to contain the crowd within. Heads barely turn my way even though I'm wearing pajamas.

"Excuse me." I tap the nearest person on the back but it's as if I'm not even there.

"Can yo-" I get pushed towards the kitchen. I don't know how anyone can think with the music this loud. "Hey!" I scream to the top of my lungs but it's no use.

instead I take a different approach. In the center of the living room is a huge gray stereo. The root to all my issues. I slither through the crowd. Pushing and bending, trying to avoid the hands reaching for me. Until I'm where I want to be. All of my sanity refills my body the moment I pull the plug away from the socket. By now, all the attention is on me.

"What happened to the music?"

"What the hell?"

"Who is that?"

I realize now that I didn't fully think this through. You can't just storm into someone's house like that, but then that thought dies when I remember how loud the music was.My heart is all fluttered in nerves as I watched the crowd dip and move. Someone was approaching.

wait

He strolled into the enter of the crowd as if he were grocery shopping and not like someone had killed his party. He's treetop tall. A girl hangs around his waist like a sword. His once messy brown curls that used to flop every which way was cut short. I've never seen his hair short.With each stride closer, I catch the gleam of lean muscle beneath his black shirt and I wondered if they grew overnight. He looks different but all the same. He doesn't see me, and I wish I could run away now. I wish I could sink through all the way to the first floor, but it's too late.

"Princess?"Confusion was washed away with amusement as his eyes scanned over me.

It comes out in one breath "Mikey."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.9K 4.4K 51
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€แ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€”แ€พแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€™แ€แ€Šแ€ทแ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€”แ€พแ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€กแ€œแ€พแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€กแ€•แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€›แ€ฌแ€€ แ€™แ€ญแ€˜แ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€›แ€ฒแ€ทแ€กแ€แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€กแ€€แ€ผแ€•แ€บแ€…แ€ฎแ€…แ€‰แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€™แ€พแ€ฏแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€กแ€•แ€ฑแ€ซ...
48.1K 2.2K 36
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.
289K 7.2K 103
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...