My knight In Shining Armor

By Neapeda99

About Rory and Logan. Set 3 years after they both graduated from Yale. Logan never proposed to Rory at gradu... More

Logan
At the hospital
Family of Logan Huntzberger
Still at the hospital
When will you wake up?
The Diagnosis
Dealing With The News.
Facing Reality
Still facing reality
First Chemo & a visit from the past
Aftermath of the first round of chemotherapy
Finally home again
Taking care of Logan
Their new reality
Just being home
Logans view
Second round of chemo
Aftermath of second chemo.
A day at home
Lunch Date With The Parents
A Happy Surprise & A Break From Feeling Sick.
Part 1 - An Lunch date & An Dinner Date
Part 2 A Cancelled Lunch
Part 3 Another Hospital Visit..
Still at the hospital
Coming Home Again
Hiring a nurse Part 1
Hiring a nurse Part 2
A tough night
A much needed visit
NOT AN CHAPTER
Another setback
Dealing with everything & Gettin back to a somewhat normal.
Dealing with old & new things
First day back.
Dinner and a Surprise
A New Hope
Not an episode..
Dinner With Lorelai & Christopher
A Visit
Preparing for a night out
Night out
The Day After
Not an episode
Another Regular day
Spontaneous Vacation
Fantastic News
Telling The Others And A Last Fitting
The boys fittings
The Wedding Day Part 1
The Wedding Day Part 2.
Their First Anniversary
Pictures of Logan & Rory's new home
I'm stuck
10 Years In The Future Part 1
10 Years In The Future Part II
About the last chapter
Doing some changes

First Good News In Months

877 30 2
By Neapeda99

When they were almost inside the hospital, Logan suddenly stopped.

"What's wrong?" Rory asked him concerned.

"I'm just scared Rory.. Maybe they have bad news for me.." Logan answered her honestly.

"And if it is bad news then we will deal with it together." She told him while grabbing his hand.

"I'm glad I have you Ace." He told her honestly while kissing her on her lips.

They continued to walk inside the hospital, they walked towards the administration desk and signed in. They were then showed to a waiting room, were they then waited for Dr.Grey.

They waited for 15 minutes and then Dr.Grey came.

"Hello Logan, Rory." Dr.Grey greeted them.

"Hello Dr.Grey." Rory greeted Dr.Grey.

"How are you feeling Logan?" Dr.Grey asked Logan.

"I'm actually feeling pretty good." He answered Dr.Grey.

"Shall we walk to my office?"Dr.Grey asked them.

"Yes sure, we better just get done with this.." Logan answered Dr.Grey.

They walked out from the waiting room and towards Dr.Grey's office.
They entered Dr.Grey's office and sat down on the chairs.

"Logan and Rory, I've good news for you." Dr.Grey told them.

"Good news?" Rory asked Dr.Grey with concern.

"Well the chemo have been successfully, you are in partial remission means the cancer  is still there, but your tumor has gotten smaller or in cancers like leukemia you have less cancer throughout your body. Partial remission means you can take a break from treatment cancer as long as the cancer doesn't begin to grow again." Dr.Grey explained to them.

Logan grabbed Rory's hand even tighter and tears began to run down his face.

"So what you're saying is that I'm practically cured..?" Logan asked Dr.Grey.

"The tumor is smaller, you just have to come in for check ups every 2 weeks. And if things don't go well we have to continue with the chemotherapy." Dr.Grey answered him.

20 minutes later, Logan and Rory walked out from Dr.Grey's office and downstairs to were Frank were waiting with the car. As soon as they had gotten into the car, Rory pulled out her phone and called her mom.

~ "Hey kiddo." Lorelai answered the phone.

~ "Hey mom, the offer for dinner still stands today?" Rory asked.

~ "Sure, is Logan up for it?" Lorelai asked.

~ "Yes, I'm sure." Rory answered.

~ "So we will see you two around 17.30?" Lorelai asked.

~ "That will be great mom." Rory answered.

She hung up the phone and looked at Logan, who just looked out the window.

"You okey Logan?" She asked him.

"Yeah, I just can't believe I'm actually in remission.." He answered her.

"Neither can I, btw are you still up for dinner with my parents tonight?" She asked him.

"Of course Ace, we need to get out of the apartment and it would be great to see your parents and Gigi." He answered her while kissing her on the lips.

"We just need to go home and change then we'll be at my parents around 17.30." She told him.

"I was thinking that we could call the gang later and invite them to lunch tomorrow? So we can tell them?" Logan asked her.

"Of course babe, they need to know." She answered him.

15 minutes later they arrived at the apartment.

They got out of the car and walked hand in hand towards the entrance. A couple of minutes later they stood outside the apartment door, Rory took up her keys and unlocked the door. They walked into the apartment, then into the kitchen.

"Want something to drink?" Rory asked him.

"Yeah, some coffee." He answered her.

"Are you sure you want coffee?" She asked.

"I'm sure, I'm tired of tea." He answered.

Rory walked into the kitchen and made coffee, then took out two coffee cups. Then she placed the cups on the kitchen island.

"Here you go Logan." She told him while placing the cup in front of him.

"Thanks Ace, I'm thinking that I should tell the guys now, instead of waiting." He told her.

"I think you should do that to". She answered him.

"Witch one do I tell first?" He asked her not being able to choose.

"I think you should tell them at the same time? Like in a group chat?" She answered him honestly.

"That's a great idea Ace, that way don't need to decide how to call first." He told her.

Logan picked up his phone and created a group chat with Finn, Colin, Robert, Stephanie, Rosemary and Rory.

-Hey guys I have something important to tell you. ~ Logan.

-What's up Huntz? ~ Finn.

-Anything new about your treatments? ~ Steph.

-Well umm I went to the doctors today and the doctor told me that I'm technically in remission. ~ Logan.

- What does that mean for you? ~ Rosemary.

- That means that the tumor is smaller and I'll do smaller doses of chemotherapy if things changes. And there is a chance it's almost gone. ~ Logan.

-That's amazing Logan!! ~ Colin.

- Congrats Huntz, this needs to be celebrated!! ~ Robert.

- We need to have a night out together like the old times!! ~ Finn.

- That sounds great, maybe tomorrow night? All of us? ~ Logan.

- We could always drive to the old bar at Yale?  ~ Finn.

-  Omg, our old Collage bar... ~ Steph.

- Tomorrow night sounds great, we can meet up at mine and Ace's place and ride to the bar. ~ Logan.

- Sounds like a plan, meet up around 18.30? ~ Rosemary.

- It's decided we will meet up at your place tomorrow. ~ Colin.

Logan laid down his phone and looked at Rory just watching him.

"You okey Ace?" He asked her.

"Yeah, I'm okey. Are you sure you're up for dinner with my parents?" She asked him.

"Yes I'm sure, about the dinner maybe we should get ready." He answered her.

"You're right, I need to get changed and so do you." She told him while giving him a kiss.

Rory walked out from the kitchen and into the bedroom, she looked in the wardrobe for something to wear. She decided on a light blue dress and black high heels.

"Babe? Have you decided on what to wear? We need to leave for my parents soon." She asked him.

"Yeah, I've decided on black pants and a light brown shirt." He answered her.

"Have you seen my little black purse?" She asked him.

"On the coffee table in the living room." He answered her.

"Thanks babe, btw can you call Frank and make sure he can pick us up in 15 minutes." She asked him.

"Of course Ace, are you almost ready?" He asked her.

"Yes I'm ready." She answered him.

15 minutes later they were on their way down to the car.

Rory picked up her phone and messaged Chris and told him they were on their way.
Logan placed his head on her shoulder and fell asleep.

How will the dinner go with Rory's parents? How will Chris & Lorelai react to the news?
Will Logan tell his parents?

Well guys you finally got what you wanted!! Really hope you will enjoy this. Btw thanks to you guys who helped me with some new ideas!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.1K 1.3K 19
Logan told Rory goodbye at her graduation, and he meant it. Didn't he? She wouldn't compromise for him so he couldn't for her in the end. He move...
159K 4K 45
This story picks up six years after A Year In The Life ended. Rory and Logan's son is five and starting kindergarten.
13.2K 333 28
3 years after the end of season 7, Rory is living in New York City, working as a writer for the New York Times. What will happen when she runs into...
69.4K 1.7K 52
This story takes place 7 years after Rory turned down Logan's proposal. What happens when Logan and Rory run into each other in New York City? Loga...