Falling In Love With Jonathon...

By LoveMeSweetly16

"I will make you love me." He said before forcing himself onto me and kissing me passionately. I know that I... More

Prologue
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 10

31.5K 851 89
By LoveMeSweetly16

Hello love bugs!!! I know you guys have been eagerly awaiting Chapter 10 and it's finally here!!! We finally find out what Death has to say from himself after hurting our lovely Tristen. Hehehe. This shall be interesting!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Death's POV

Shit! That was the look my wife held on his face. That expression was reasonable considering how his condition is part of my doing. I sighed to myself as I pulled the chair that sat next to his nightstand next to his bed. I sat down and placed my head in my hands as I watched my wife, watch me. His gaze made my heart jump, race, and throb all at one time. It was strange. Ever since that day Roxi and I returned home to the house in complete chaos from the struggle my wife had with Thomas, my heart had been acting strangely.

            I was pulled away from my inner thoughts when I heard my wife groan in pain. I looked at him and noticed that he had somehow pulled himself put a bit.

            “Idiot, what are you doing?!” I snapped as I grabbed him and gently pushed him back down.

            “I need some water.” He replied hesitantly and hoarsely. I looked at the glass of water and basket with the bread loaf in it and sighed to myself. Of course he’d need water. He’d been unconscious for more than three weeks.

            “Then you ask.” I said as I grabbed the glass and placed the straw to his mouth. He looked at me strangely then at the water. “Well are you going to drink it or not?” I snapped.

            “Being nice isn’t going to fix it.” He replied coldly. I stared at him for a moment before finally realizing what he meant. I was a fool to believe that my wife would actually have forgotten what I had done to him. I placed the glass on the table and walked away from him. I stood in front of the window and stared at the snow covered landscape just outside of the window. I ran my hand through my hair and stopped as my wife’s comment repeated itself through my head and my chest heaved. “Where are Roxi, Diana, and Lily?” My wife asked.

            “They back at the main house, where they need to be.” I replied distractedly.

            “Then where are we?” He asked.

            “At the moment, we are at one of the local hospitals but now that you have awakened, we will be going to a cottage until you become well enough to do things on your own.” I replied.

            “A cottage? Why? And what do you mean by ‘we’?” My wife asked.

            “Yes a cottage, because it would be much easier for you to do things on your own there then back at the main house. And when I said ‘we,’ meant me and you.” My wife stared at my wide eyed.

            “You and me?” my wife said. “I’d be better off with Thomas kicking my ass everyday!” My wife protested.

            “The arrangements have already been made. I shall tend to you until you become well enough for us to return home.” I said walking over to him.

            “I’m going to die. I’m definitely going to die.” My wife replied; more to himself than to me. I sat back down in the chair and looked at my wife. Although I thought that the punishment I had given him was necessary, at the time, I fully regret it now. My wife lied before me with his left arm shattered and both his hands broken. The doctors said due to so many broken bones, it will take time for his limbs to heal and there is no true guarantee that they will be of use to him once they have healed. I hung my head low as I sat in my self pity. As I sat there, I yearned for the touch of my wife. Some sort of reassurance that although what I did was wrong, he forgave me but I was not to get such a luxury. I brought this upon myself as soon as picked up that knife.

            “I must leave.” I said as I felt my chest heave and my heart throb painfully.

            “Death?” My wife said confused as I began towards the door.

            “I shall return for you when I bring your dinner.” I replied without looking back at my wife to see his expression for I did not wish for him to see mine. I left the room and walked out into the white wonderland that surrounded the hospital. I sped through the snow and got as far away from the hospital as I could. I stood in an open empty field of snow looked out ahead of me. I felt a tear escape the pools of my eye and slide down my cheek. I laughed at myself.  Ha. That boy has turned me into something else. I thought to myself defeated.

            I stayed outside in the cold winter air for hours. I returned slowly as it grew dark and went to the kitchen. One of the servants organized my wife’s tray of food and I took it upstairs to his room. When I entered it, he was sleeping soundly, undisturbed. He seemed to be having a pleasant dream because of the serenity in his facial expression. I did not wish to interrupt such a lovely site so I placed the tray of food on the nightstand and sat in the chair from earlier.

 I watched my wife sleep soundly for a while as the recent memory of myself pacing back and forth impatiently in his room day after day while he was unconscious. Thoughts of losing my wife after so long tore me apart and terrified me that I could not sit still. I was told constantly that I was in the way of the servants, nurses, and doctors, but I could not help it. My instincts told me to watch over everyone who came near my wife, including those I trusted most. In the end, my conscious would grab hold of me and attempt to convince what I am doing is stupid and that I should not worry about my wife. But I could not listen to it; because of my ignorance my wife is in this condition.

“Death?” I heard my wife call, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“I’m sorry. Did you say something?” I asked.

“Yeah. Are you okay? You look pale.” He said.

“Yes, I’m fine. I brought you your dinner but you were asleep and I sis not wish to wake you.” I replied.

“Yeah, well it’s not like I can really do much.” My wife said playfully. “Well then, what’s for dinner?” he asked while straining his neck to see what was on the tray.

“Allow me to help you seat up.” I said while reaching for him. He began to open his mouth but closed it and remained silent as I sat him up and prompt his pillows behind him so that he could sit comfortably.

“Thanks.” My wife said nicely.

“Are you sure you are comfortable? You are not in any discomfort?” I asked. My wife looked at me with a raised eyebrow and laughed a bit. “What did I say something wrong?” I asked.

“No. I’m just trying to figure out how this nice guy-bad guy this is working out for you.” My wife replied.

“Would you care to explain?” I asked confused.

“First of all one minute, you’re kind of nice – in your own twisted way – and the next you’re a completely different person.” My wife explained. “I remember my little sister was about three or four and she used to call me Dark Tristen when I was mad and White Tristen when I was in a good mood. She would seat next to me and say, ‘Who are you today, Tristen? Dark Tristen or White Tristen?’ I would stare at her strangely before laughing. I never understood why she asked me that but it always put me in a good mood.” He added happily as he dawned on the memory for a moment but hanging his head low. His smile had slowly vanished and turned into a tight thin line. It was obvious as to how much he missed his family but it was as if he would not allow anyone else to see it. “Well then! I’m hungry! Lets eat!” My wife said suddenly with a smile on his face. I opened my mouth to say something but could not bring myself to say it so I closed it and picked up the bowl on the tray.

“The soup is still warm so it should still be good.” I told my wife as I took a spoonful of the soup and held it to his mouth. My wife did not hesitant to take the spoonful and seemed delighted when the soup went down his throat.

“Mmm! Mushroom soup; it’s been a while since I had some.” My wife said delightfully.

“I’ll give your regards to the chief.” I replied. My wife turned towards me and smiled. My heart skipped a beat and I stared at him. I guess I held a strange expression on my face because my wife suddenly erupted into uncontrollable laughter.

Once my wife calmed himself down, we held a conversation, which surprised me. For so long, my wife and I had done nothing more but bicker and argue. Never one had we held a true conversation such as we held today. It was different and I got to learn more about my wife and he learned more about me.

 His intelligence surprised me; his manner intrigued me; and his actions and reactions aroused me. All of these aspects beyond his delicate physical appearance made me yearn for his touch, plead for his warmth, and desire his body and his mind all together. I wanted my wife to think of nothing but me; no one but me. All of this boiled inside of my heart and soul as we spoke but I had to control myself. If I were to lose control then I would end up injuring my wife even more and causing him to hate me forever. That was one thing that I prayed would never happen for if my wife were to declare his hatred for me then I would lose myself to the cruel disease of insanity. My true purpose for this moment on is to remain like this. Carry on in the manner of friendship and force him to think of me every minute, without having laid a finger on him. Yes that is what I must do. I must show him that no longer shall I be cruel to him to win his love but I shall will be kind and gentle in order to win his love for it has finally become clear to me that violence when not win his heart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that we know of Death's new plan, here's a riddle for you. Hehehe.

If love is inevitable is time limited?

The first chapter who can get as close as to answering the riddle as they can will unlock Chapter 11, so good luck my lovely love bugs! Until then, Cherry kisses!!! o.<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 65.4K 52
**COMPLETED*** This is book 2 and can be read as a standalone but I recommend you read "Fated" first. Something caught my eye and when I looked up i...
820 32 8
Revenge Hatred Excerpt "I told you to calm down didn't I?" the voice spoke as it came close, I closed my eyes and prayed to God, I was scared out of...
8.2M 194K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
401 26 22
Can i?" He whispered tilting his face along with mine parting his lips after licking them. "Yes" i muttered and he smiled amusingly "Bold move, swee...