A one time thing {Severus Sna...

Par -NeverGiveUp-

She looked at the empty seat Snape had been sitting in and repressed a sigh. Meg had heard a lot about Profes... Plus

Chapter 1: Cold acquaintance
Chapter 2: Defending Neville
Chapter 3: Points means more arguing!
Chapter 4: Sinking Soufflé
Chapter 5: Confession
Chapter 6: It's inevitable
Chapter 6 (part 2) : Sensual part!
Chapter 7: waking
Chapter 8: Boggarts
Chapter 9: Parkinson
Chapter 10: Man of many Syllables
Chapter 11: Holding
Chapter 12: Running
Chapter 13: Coming back
Chapter 14: Enlightened
Chapter 15: Diagon Alley and Ice Cream
Chapter 16: Christmas Day
Chapter 17: Retreating Slowly
Chapter 18: Spiders
Chapter 19: It's nothing to do with trust
Chapter 20: Jack's Back
Chapter 21: Thoughts
Chapter 22: Action and Reaction
Chapter 23: Dealing
Chapter 24: Together
Chapter 25: Vows
Author's note
Chapter 26: Bed of roses
Chapter 27: Odile
Chapter 28: An early April fools? Please?
Chapter 29: What do we do now?
Chapter 30: Senga
Chapter 31: What's in a name?
Chapter 32: Don't Look Down!
Chapter 33: Sticks and Stones
Chapter 34: Equally
Chapter 36: Making Friends
Chapter 37: Inconvenient
Chapter 38: Sword of Damocles
Chapter 39: Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Chapter 40: Come What May
Chapter 41: It's only blood
Chapter 42: Ironic
Chapter 43: Why don't I feel any pain?
Chapter 44: Why don't I?
Chapter 45: Confrontation
Chapter 46: Discovery
Chapter 47: Holidays
Chapter 48: Desperate Measures
Chapter 49: Beautiful
Chapter 50: Above the law
Chapter 51: Odile plans and Jack lectures
Chapter 52: Freak
Chapter 53: I am what I am
Chapter 54: Mutually Beneficial
Chapter 55: Possession
Chapter 56: Friends and Family
Chapter 57: At Jack's
Chapter 58: Epilogue

Chapter 35: Jealous Of Quidditch Players

1.1K 38 10
Par -NeverGiveUp-

Usual Disclaimer:

Thanks to Camille for her hard work, I hope you have a great weekend!

This chapter is dedicated to Frini Santos; my forever friend.

_____________

The 12th of October arrived with cold weather; summer had departed and with it the happy spirits of the students and teachers alike. Lessons had settled down and everyone was back into routine; or settling into a routine in the case of the new first years.

Senga was quiet and kept to herself, but most of her housemates had begun to leave her alone anyway. Most nine-day wonders soon wear off, and Senga Malfoy was no different.

Her parents, Odile and Lucifer, had taken Damien and returned to their home in Germany, much to Meg's relief. At least she would have no more dinner parties to sit through. Life seemed to pass by relatively easily, and Meg was lulled into feeling secure.

Snape wasn't so easy fooled, but he kept his concerns to himself and outwardly looked no different from his usual dark, brooding, silent and cold self. So, it was with a relatively happy heart that Megan awoke with on the 12th.

"Do you require a bath chair today?"

Meg opened her eyes to see Snape standing beside the bed, frowning down at her.

"What?" Meg blinked and rolled over to sit up, staring at him sleepily.

"Well, considering you are now thirty; quite an accomplishment to arrive at such an age unscathed."

"I'll scathe you if you don't leave me be," she grunted.

"And here I was, trying to be nice to you on your birthday," he smirked at her.

"Do me a favour, Severus, and leave being nice to people who actually know how to do it."

"Tut! Tut! Obviously being one year older makes you grumpy." He reached down and pushed her to one side so he could sit down beside her.

"Not being one year older, just you."

"Oh, dear." He reached out and slid his arm around her shoulders. "You will not be wanting this then, will you?" He held a package wrapped in red paper just out of her reach with his other hand.

"Now, I didn't say the receiving of presents makes me grumpy," she said grinning at him. "In fact, the receiving of presents makes me very un-grumpy."

"Un-grumpy?" He lifted an eyebrow at her and shook his head in mock exasperation. "I really shall have to see about obtaining a dictionary to help me understand you more."

"You get a dictionary. I get that nice box thing in your other hand," she suggested and tried to reach for it, but he pinned her arms to her sides with his body and arm.

"Only if you say please!"

"Please." She grinned at him, "What is it? Can I eat it?"

"No, you can't!" He started to draw the box toward her and then pulled it away when he heard her words.

"Okay then, can I wear it?"

"Why don't you open it and see?"

"Erm, because you haven't actually given it to me, yet?" She wiggled and he let her go enough to reach for the box.

She set it on her lap and began to open the wrappings.

"I'm stunned," he drawled sarcastically, "no tearing at the box as if it contained the elixir of life?"

She looked up at him and smiled.

"I already have the elixir. I have you!" She winked at him. "Besides, I'm trying to control myself for you. I know how you hate it when I tear the paper off."

"Do not try to be anything but yourself, Megan. If it pleases you to rip the paper off, go ahead."

She looked up at him under her eyelashes and smiled before reaching up to kiss his cheek. She ripped the last pieces of paper from the box and lifted the lid carefully.

"Oh!" She drew in a breath and held it, unable to speak for several minutes.

"I noticed that you did not have any." He looked sideways are her, a deep frown between his eyes as she continued to stare down at the open box. "If it does not please you, I can always change it."

"No." She looked up at him then, her eyes brimming with tears. "No, please, it's perfect." She stared back down at the picture that was framed in an ornate heavy silver frame.

It was an old picture, taken one hot sunny summer. Jack and Megan were with their parents, arms around each other staring at the camera and laughing, the love for each other quite evident in their closeness. The sun was behind whoever was taking the photograph, and it reflected on them, making it look as if they were standing in a halo of light.

"It was the only photograph in your house that had all of you in it," he spoke softly, his mouth by her ear as he heard her give a tiny sigh.

"It was the summer before Sarah died," she answered, her voice hazy with memories. Her fingertips traced the faces of her parents. "We were staying in a cottage in the South of France for a week; it was probably the best holiday of my life."

"I did not wish for it to be painful for you." He held her tightly. "I was unsure as to why you have no photographs of them."

"Severus." She turned in his arms to face him. "I want you to understand something. Until I met you, my life was very much on hold. If I didn't think about it, then it hadn't happened." She looked back down at her parents. "I found it very hard to think about them, because it enforced that I was alone, enforced what I had lost with no way of ever retrieving. So I didn't think about them. For quite a while after my father died, I tried to convince myself that he wasn't dead, just away somewhere, on holiday, or working on his potions. I didn't face it because I couldn't face it. Then I came here and Dean Rider turned up and you saved me."

"You saved yourself from him," he said quietly.

"Maybe, but you saved me from myself," she replied. "You made me face up to things, except things and move on; you gave me a reason to move on. You made me feel better about myself. I'm not dependent on you for being happy, although you are a major, major part of my happiness. But you did show me that I can be happy with myself. I can't tell you how much this means to me." She lifted the picture up slightly "You gave me so much back, Severus. I'll never be able to truly thank you."

"I don't want your thanks. Your happiness is all I want!" He frowned and pulled her in, tightly crushing her to him, her face buried in his neck.

"I love you," she whispered into the stiff black material of his collar, enveloping herself with his scent and warmth.

~

Remus sat down beside Meg and smiled happily as he sipped his cup of tea.

"I'm quite looking forward to next Friday," he said cheerfully.

Snape, who was sitting opposite Meg at the table in the staff room, grunted and rustled the paper in front of him.

"Oh, is that when Harry gets here?" Meg asked, looking up from her book.

"Yes, and I hear that Sirius is coming with him."

Snape snorted and turned the paper over to read the back page.

Meg winked at Remus and closed her book carefully.

"Sirius?" she asked. "Oh that's nice, I haven't seen him for a long time."

"Not long enough," came the dark grunt from behind the paper, which was now raised to hide Snape's face.

Meg pulled a face at Remus as a wicked gleam came into her eye.

"What's not long enough?" asked Sally, as she came bustling over to the table with a cup in her hand.

"No, I was saying it's been a long time since I saw Sirius Black," explained Meg as Sally sat down next to Remus.

"Of course, we have Harry coming next week, don't we? Is Sirius coming as well then?"

"Yes," Remus nodded at her

"Oh, lovely; Hillary will be pleased."

"About what?" asked Meg

"Well Albus asked Hillary if we could have a special game of Quidditch for Halloween, seeing as Harry is back. Teachers verses Students."

The paper rustled alarmingly, but no sound came from Snape.

"Really?" Meg asked excitedly, "Excellent!"

"I don't suppose you'll be able to play, will you?" Remus said, referring to her pregnancy.

"She has never been able to play," pointed out Snape, emerging from the paper to fold it up and slap it down on the table hard.

"I don't fly," she replied. "But I'll be quite happy to watch from the stands!"

"Humph!" Snape snorted again and reached for his tea.

"Will you be playing, Severus?" asked Remus casually.

"You know damn well I am," he snapped and glared at Remus. "Albus left me with no choice!"

"You knew about the match? How come you didn't tell me?" Meg demanded.

"I saw no reason to ruin whatever conversation we were having."

"Rubbish, Severus," Meg snapped. "You're just miffed because you're going to have to play against Harry."

"On the contrary," he snarled sarcastically, "I'm quite looking forward to knocking the little brat of his broomstick!"

"Severus," came the sharp voice of Minerva. "You don't mean it." She plopped herself down beside Remus and regarded Snape much like she would an errant first year.

"Really?" He stood up and stepped away from the table. "If it weren't for the fact that I would have to endure the entire female student body weeping into their sleeves for the rest of the year, I would relish the chance to dislodge the Mighty Potter," he spat and walked away from them and out of the room, his robes swirling out behind him.

"I have no idea why he dislikes Harry so much," Meg sighed as she stared at the now closed door.

"Severus doesn't like anyone," Remus pointed out grinning. "Besides you, that is."

"Hum!" Meg grinned back at him. "So, who's the seeker for our team?"

Remus grinned widely, and Meg saw the gleam in his eyes.

"Severus is," he announced wickedly.

"And Harry is Seeker for the Students?"

"Oh yes." Remus was thoroughly pleased with that announcement.

"I think Poppy may be kept quite busy for this match." Meg grinned back at him. "Who's running the book for this one?"

"I am," Sally said, reaching for Severus' paper and promptly putting it back down when she saw it was Potions Monthly. "Should have known better than to think Severus was reading Witch Weekly," she said with a laugh.

"Read that?" Meg laughed aloud. "I have to keep my copy hidden from sight, unless I want it to keep the fire burning."

"He didn't," snorted Minerva. "What am I saying, of course he did! I have no idea how you put with the man!"

Meg looked at her blankly for a moment before smiling softly.

"Easily."

"Well I have to admit, he does seem to act more human around you than anyone else," Sally chuckled. "Surmising he's human in the first place."

"He's not so bad, a bit cranky sometimes, but then I know I'm cranky too," Meg defended him sharply.

"Dear," Minerva patted the back of her hand. "Severus is a very raw gem. We all know that."

"He is indeed." Sally nodded her head quickly. "Very raw, mind you, but a gem all the same."

"I'm sure he'd be very impressed to hear himself referred to as a stone," said Remus dryly.

"A Diamond, I think, a precious stone but unpolished and uncut," Sally mused.

"Sapphire," Minerva corrected her. "Definitely a Sapphire hard, cold, and with no obvious depth until it's cut and polished."

"Well, I think he's more like an Opal," Meg said quietly. "One of those Fire Opals that no matter which way you turn it you always see something new and the colours are so intense it takes your breath away."

All three of them looked at Meg, the love for Snape reflected quite clearly in her voice.

Sally sighed and looked down at her hands. "Oh to be young and in love again."

"Indeed Sally," Minerva agreed and patted Meg's hand again. "You hold onto those feelings and hold onto Severus; life passes by too quickly sometimes."

"Well now that's maudlin," Remus said cheerfully, seeing Meg's face sadden. "Any ideas on names yet?"

Meg looked at him and shook her head.

"I have mentioned a few, but we don't agree yet."

"How about..." Remus tapped his fingers against his chin and pretended to think a minute, "well, I rather like the name 'Anharad.'" He peeped hopefully at Meg, who raised one eyebrow at him and chuckled.

"Well, I guess you just lost that bet. I hope you didn't put too much on it."

"You know?" asked Sally, sounding disappointed.

"Well, considering the teachers run books on everything here, it was pretty much a sure thing."

"Does Severus know?"

"I'm not certain, but I expect so. So, don't let him see your book, or he'll make sure the baby doesn't get any of the names put down."

"Just don't call it Severus," pleaded Minerva. "I don't want to be looking at a child eleven years from now and having to call it Severus! One was plenty enough!"

"Oh, I don't know," Remus grinned, "just imagine the fun you could have if they were walking down the corridors together! "Severus! Stop picking your nose at once! Thirty points from..." erm; wonder what house it'll go into?"

Meg blinked, she hadn't thought about that.

"Well, it won't be Ravenclaw if it takes after me, that's for sure," she said dryly.

"That's years away yet. Content yourself on the here and now, Remus," Minerva said sharply. "Although, I think we'd better keep it in mind, it would make for some very good odds."

They all laughed just as the door opened, and Snape came back in, looking extremely annoyed.

"Can't we pass a law against children being allowed to roam free around Hogwarts?" he spat as he strode over to the coffee cups and helped himself.

"That boy will be tripping over his own head as it'll be too large for his neck," he muttered to no one in particular.

"What is it?" asked Meg mildly.

"A banner in the Great Hall; 'Harry Potter for Minister of Magic!' I ask you. Insufferable brats! It has been dealt with, which will explain the twenty points that have been removed from your house, Minerva!"

"And how did you know it was Gryffindors that put it there, may I ask?" she demanded sharply.

"Gwendoline Thomas and Katie Sparks were in the process of hanging it," he barked.

Minerva frowned and got up to go and see where the two of them were now. She had no doubt that Snape would have reduced them to tears.

Snape came and sat in the seat Minerva had left. He grunted again and picked up the paper, ignoring everyone else at the table. Meg decided now was not the time to continue baiting him over Harry and got up to go back to her classroom.

"Megan?" Snape looked up as she stood up.

"I have fifth year Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs; see you later."

"I'll come down to your classroom when your lesson finishes." He nodded and went back to his paper.

Meg smiled at Remus and Sally, who were shaking their heads in despair at him.

~

Harry Potter arrived at Hogwarts on the Friday, much to Snape's annoyance.

"So, here we go then," he grumbled as he sat in his chair by the fire.

"Here we go where?" asked Meg, looking up from her pile of marking.

"Potter has arrived," he sneered and sat back, crossing his legs and closing his eyes.

"Harry? Oh good, Senga will be pleased."

"Oh, don't tell me that she's another fan of 'the boy who won't go away?'" he snapped, his eyes flying open.

"Well, she likes Quidditch," pointed out Meg, shoving the marking aside. "I'll do it later. Where is he?"

"You are not rushing out there like some adolescent hormonal teenager!" He sat forward and glared at her. "I'm quite sure that with Albus, Minerva and Longbottom, he'll have quite enough of a fanfare welcome without you adding to his already hugely inflated ego!"

Meg bit back a grin and got up to cross over to perch on his knee.

"Severus, darling, you have absolutely no need to be jealous of him, y'know, especially with me."

"I am not, and have never been, jealous of Potter!" he roared at her.

Meg winced and wiped her face.

"Thank you, but I have no need of a second shower," she said sweetly and shifted her way down his legs till she was firmly on his lap, her arms wrapped around his neck.

"Then don't say things designed to annoy me," he grunted, his face dark and sullen as he craned his neck backwards to glare at her.

"If you knew it was by design, then why did you respond?" she asked and grinned at him.

"Do you know how annoying you are?" he inquired sharply.

"Oh, come on, Severus! How bad can it be? Harry isn't that bad, y'know."

"No, I don't know." He shifted her forwards trying to get her off his lap, but she held on tightly and wiggled back again.

"Don't be mean to me, Severus. I like Harry, I liked all of them."

"I have no doubt you like everyone. I am certain that if you met the devil you would like him too," he pointed out quietly, beginning to soften slightly.

"I have met the devil. He's your brother in law, and no I don't like him," she said sharply and got off his lap.

He caught her round the waist before she could get away from him.

"Let me go, Severus! I have a fan club meeting to attend." She smirked as he drew her back down.

"Women!" he grumbled and tightened his grip on her, dragging her back onto his lap. "If I had a knut for every silly female I've caught simpering over one of his pictures, I'd be a rich man by now."

"You are a rich man. Why do you think I married you?" she teased.

"Is that so?" He quirked an eyebrow at her and nudged his hands under her jumper.

"Well, you didn't think there was any other reason, did you?" she asked innocently.

"I had rather thought it was for my body," he said, self mockery evident in his voice.

"Well, that did swing it for me." She nestled into him and nibbled his earlobe.

"So, with my incredibly svelte body and my pots of money, you decided to marry me."

"Yup!" She nodded her head and worked her way down his jaw line. She lifted her head and regarded him seriously. "Of course, there was also the fact that you're exceptionally smart, and I've seen the inner you."

"The inner me?" He frowned doubtfully. "That sounds suspiciously like something Lupin would say in one of his sessions."

"You've been seeing him them?" she asked innocently. "Is this for you compulsive personality disorder, or is it for your inability to smile at anybody under fifty years old."

"I do not require Lupin's services. I am not a hormonal teenager thank goodness."

"Were you ever?" Megan asked seriously. "I mean, did you ever have any crushes on girls? Worry about spots or things like that."

He blinked several times before frowning at her.

"I have never had spots." He lifted a finger and traced the edge of her nose, which was free of the spots that sometimes appeared there. "And I see that since you've been pregnant, you too don't have any."

"I know!" she beamed at him, "but you're changing the subject. Come on, I want to know if there was any grand passion in your life."

"You are my only 'grand passion,'" he said quietly. "I told you before, I was no monk before I met you, but there was no one serious. I had no crushes, no fancies, nothing. I was too busy studying for anything like that." His finger slid down over her lips and chin to rest on the hollow of her throat.

"All work and no play makes Severus a very dull boy," she teased him gently.

"Well you can remedy that, now can't you," he smirked. "I'm not working now."

"No and neither are you going to prevent me from going to see Harry. I know the way you work, Severus," she laughed and tried again to slide from his lap.

"Wouldn't you rather stay here with your husband than see a spotty gangly teenaged bighead?"

Meg blinked at him and pretended to consider it closely.

"No," she said finally.

"Fine." He let her go and she almost fell from his lap. "Go! But don't expect me to be awake when you get back."

Meg stood up and looked down at him, her eyes narrowed at his grumpy face.

"You are jealous," she stated standing up from his lap.

"No, I am not."

"Prove it." She nudged his leg with the toe of her boot.

"I beg your pardon," he grunted.

"Prove it," she replied and placed her hands on her hips. "Prove it by coming with me to meet Harry."

"I have no need to prove myself," he snorted and stood up to tower over her, "but I will come with you, but only to keep you quiet, as I have no doubt if I do not come with you I will never hear the end of it."

"Come on then." She stepped backwards but he caught her swiftly around the waist before she could get any further. He bent her over backwards slightly and moulded her body to his.

"On the understanding that you owe me, Megan Snape."

"I think not!" She gripped his arms.

"Oh yes," he replied slowly, his voice deep as he enunciated every word carefully, "and I choose how repayments are made."

"Really?" She raised her eyebrows at him and licked her lips, "and just what did you have in mind?"

"Well, I was thinking that the Boggarts for my third year classes need rounding up from the fifth floor east wing," he said quietly, a wicked gleam in his black eyes.

"Oh, really," she grumbled. "Well, I guess I'll be meeting Harry by myself then."

"Just as I thought," he replied and swooped forward to claim her lips with his. "Have a nice time."

He set her on her feet and sat back down in his chair picking up his copy of Potions Monthly.

Meg grinned secretly as she crossed to the door.

"Just as I thought; jealous," she said sweetly as she went. She closed the door on his angry shout and, grinning, went in search of Harry.

_______________

A/N: Please keep going... thanks. ;-0

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

359K 7.8K 40
You knew the Malfoy's since you were little. You father, Severus Snape (a potions teacher at Hogwarts) is a really good friend of both but you never...
336K 14.6K 54
After the Second Wizarding War, Malfoy found himself alienated from the majority of the school; his old friends just irritated him, all of Hogwarts'...
166K 4.7K 26
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Third year had begun and a another adventure awaits Y/N Snape. The two years of Y/N's time at Hogwarts Witchcraft and W...
971K 29.1K 50
Jessica Wallwirt has lived with her mother for the past 11 years until one day her mother snaps and sends her to live with her father, none other tha...